Humsafars

India-Forums

Humsafars
Humsafars

Sahir is a perfect Anti-hero. An analysis of this bipolar character.

feminist Senior Member
feminist
feminist

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
NOTE: If you are one of those people who want a man who is ruthless, aggressive but soft-hearted and caring on the inside. Then please you can leave because let me tell you I had enough with "good-guys" bullshit because honestly these so-called nice guys are only nice till you say no to their bed invitation. So yeah hahaha.
So first of all let me tell you I love Jane Eyre and always cherished it. And honestly I think I was more able to connect with Edward Rochester's character. I think from what I saw Sahir is an
example of the Byronic hero, he like Rochester is a passionate man, often guided by his senses rather than by his rational mind. 
wow . . . I feel like I have written a poetry.
(ignores you all rolling eyes at me)

Where was I? Yeah ...

Sahir - He is the epitome of the archetype brooding, ruthless man with a past - which is surprisingly reasonable and dark - to back his behavior. In fact, honestly I didn't expect he was married and that too for the last 7 years (I thought 8 years was the norm . . . but oh well) no matter to a comatose ( evil with a gold digger heart...blah blah - still can't she is his living wife). It tells us a lot about his loyalty and true devotion to his wife Zeenat. I will restrain myself from calling her his first wife because he is only married to her.

He was a dream to me I mean I didn't like him in the beginning considering he is the reason Arzoo and her family lost their only income. (I still don't understand the whole brooding hero concept but whatever they are sexy).

Sahir is not evil but not too good too. He is going to be the troublemaker of her life and he is the only one who is going to be solving it. He has a wife who is in coma - alive. Now let us think about his past. He looked like any young husband who has fallen in love with his beautiful (insert gag) wife but apparently the only flashbacks we see are her taunting his abilities of being a true business. Unfortunately its true in business you are only successful if you are a practical and rational decision maker who doesn't consider emotions . . . just like the way I hear music while doing maths - it makes me feel ration . . . and . . . I don't know why I added this point.

Moving on...

I believe his imperfection is what draws us to him. Even though he has truly wronged Arzoo in many ways. When we hear the word 'hero,' certain images come to mind. We might see Superman swooping in to save Lois Lane but he is no superman. No he wears his chuddy inside his pants. I wonder what type. EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed. Not that I mind if he would wear it on top of his pants. I always drool anywhere anytime. Ha.LOL

He is real, truly in the flesh. He is a guy who is insecure, who doesn't trust his emotions. He believes what he sees because reality is what serves before your eyes. Is he actually jealous, is he in love? I dunno really because I think even he loved an image of Arzoo, a perspective that he made out of her. I mean imagine 7 years of celibacy (maybe I dunno) and suddenly he falls in love with this kalki ay chori within a few months? 

To him Arzoo was an innocent women whose life was marred with difficulties. Her father disowned her and its a pretty big thing to me. He has an image of her as a pure woman who is honest, hardworking and cannot stand injustice. A woman who doesn't love money and power but believes in talent and brilliancy. He loved her character of (let us face it she is a pure untouched virgin *rolls eyes* coz having sex before marriage is still a taboo and hence she is no sl*t *rolls eyes again*) And so when suddenly her image infront of her breaks into pieces thus it kills him as to why he believed that his "ideal" woman exists. He thought - how much of an idiot am I? Hasn't Zeenat taught me a lesson already? This is the real word and mataji woman like Arzoo hardly exist (Note: Sahir has not used the word mataji I did) (Another Note: Sorry I cannot be too good like her).

Sahir is everything Arzoo hates. He is a liar, a seducer, a manipulator, the satan of her (mine too) life and also the angel. More like the dark angel. And that is what makes me love his character. He is a wounded hero, according to Merriam-Webster, an anti-hero is 'a protagonist or notable figure who is conspicuously lacking in heroic qualities.' In other words, he is flawed. And that is what makes us love him. 

Yes we all can go on hating him, verbally abusing him but at the end of the day we all are hooked we want Arzoo to find out the truth about his intentions and I think we are going to be rewarded with a beautiful independent Lucknow vali Arzoo - hopefully.WinkWinkWink

What makes this story about their love beautiful is the hate. The reasons they can't be together, Zeenat, him being married, Arzoo (hopefully) won't marry him until he divorces Zeenat because it would totally kill Arzoo's character.  I don't even understand why did they give her such a past considering it was supposed to make her strong yet all she does is whine and cry about how her father did this her father did that. Honestly Arzoo my dad used to beat my mom she hasn't left him yet I still live with him but I also don't consider him my father. But I am not whining am I? Self-pity won't help love. I am sorry I got a little personal here but I don't see the justification to her. Really I think all the strong woman in us hates her development. The reason of her factory to be blown and her only source of income. Arzoo has A LOT of reasons to hate him and now the love ploy. Now the story is how she fights it and how and what he does to get to her.

And honestly I think the whole confession plot is a total paisa-vasool.Big smileBig smileBig smile

I am sorry I got a little personal here but I don't see the justification to her. Really I think all the strong woman in us hates her development. CryCryCry

Oh well I am sorry to say but I am loving evil manipulative Sahir. Enough of good guys let us see if Arzoo is smart enough to catch him. 

P.S: I think they shouldn't have revealed the secret of Zeenat and Sahir's relationship as married. Was too early and now they left it hanging. BTW I loved Arzoo's expression of ignorance when Sahir did the setup drama. Haha she was like Sleepy excuse me! ClapClapClap

AND I GOT A NEW PHONE!!!!Big smileBig smileBig smile

The following 29 member(s) liked the above post:

robinsameemad_maddyChitz86ploydomerosal_awesomeIMAnamashikampp29crazzykuritanyajMoon_lightdinki24VD927ABCDesiGirl93IlinJunoonianTaanuDeewanitweetie19Bujee09-svetalana-milinda.shreyzsilky_harshad..KpopIsLife..nehaarshi09Ecrivain.Javeria3991rs.shailu29Lily30-Chipper-Treat-

Bujee09 IF-Dazzler
Bujee09
Bujee09

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by feminist

He is real, truly in the flesh. He is a guy who is insecure, who doesn't trust his emotions. He believes what he sees because reality is what serves before your eyes. Is he actually jealous, is he in love?

Sahir is everything Arzoo hates. He is a liar, a seducer, a manipulator, the satan of her (mine too) life and also the angel. More like the dark angel. 

Yes we all can go on hating him, verbally abusing him but at the end of the day we all are hooked we want Arzoo to find out the truth about his intentions and I think we are going to be rewarded with a beautiful independent Lucknow vali Arzoo - hopefully.WinkWinkWink

What makes this story about their love beautiful is the hate. 
Self-pity won't help love. 

Arzoo has A LOT of reasons to hate him and now the love ploy. Now the story is how she fights it and how and what he does to get to her.

Oh well I am sorry to say but I am loving evil manipulative Sahir. Enough of good guys let us see if Arzoo is smart enough to catch him. 

And honestly I think the whole confession plot is a total paisa-vasool.Big smileBig smileBig smile

BTW I loved Arzoo's expression of ignorance when Sahir did the setup drama. Haha she was like Sleepy excuse me! ClapClapClap

BANG ON Clap If it goes with my memory I so remember all ur posts till date has literally made me CRACK UP ROFL 
Few lines in your post  above are beautifully writtenClap ...
This is the very first time I feel so TOUCHED ClapClapClap God bless u dear Thumbs Up I am not sure why am saying this after reading your lines here but just felt so Tongue

Anyways coming to our SaAz equation - let me confess am loving it too Thumbs Up it so has me on a mood swing often LOL kind off of a weird feeling its hurts but still i enjoy it ...The number of times I ask Why Aarzoo Why Shocked? I equally ask Why Sahir WhyShocked ? All the more am glued to d show Embarrassed

U know it is evil game plan but still u know it is genuine confession 
U know he is trying to prove something but still u know he is letting out what he tried to hide till now 
U know it is true feelings but still u know it is fake claimed to be 
TOTAL HEADSPIN Wacko U SEE LOL

More than the confession from Aarzoo I am quite excited to know what wil be Sahir's reaction to her when the fakeness is revealed ..though his feelings might be genuine as I believe but this would still be a game plan between Sahir n Zaki Confused...so tht gets it more interesting Thumbs Up 

How smart will Aarzoo move be ? 
How heart broken would this be on Sahir whose life is  already full of darkness ??
 Will Aarzoo leave Sahir's house n office she has enough reasons u see? 
What will Sahir do to win her back ? Even if he wins her back how will be disclose his Zeenat fiasco ? 
WAIT Are Sahir n Zeenat really married and were in relationship ? ...

WOOOFFF lets keep watching humsafars Hug and you keep writing more Thumbs Up 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Chitz86rosal_awesomefeministVD927Junoonian

TaanuDeewani Goldie
TaanuDeewani
TaanuDeewani

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
Nice post dear...congrats on your new phone Clap
I am like a mom who is torn between her two kids...I love SaAz so much...my heart breaks for both of them...can't blame either nor can I applaud either one...just want them to be together and with each other...whatever happens in between ...will ignore it Wink

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Chitz86rosal_awesomefeministVD927JunoonianBujee09

feminist Senior Member
feminist
feminist

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
omggg Bujeee api I just love it when you reply you always make my day hahaha you know you are one of the reasons I always love to come this forum. I feel so weird if I do not see you reply any posts. you are our helper queen thaaank you I really appreciate it

and yeah hopefully she will come to her senses and Sahir down hahaha

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

JunoonianBujee09

feminist Senior Member
feminist
feminist

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Eee thankyouuu haha I am happy too lalala land. even I switch sides hopefully going to see a positive effect now hahaha.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rosal_awesomeTaanuDeewaniBujee09

IMAnam Senior Member
IMAnam
IMAnam

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 1:36pm | IP Logged

So first of all let me tell you I love Jane Eyre and always cherished it. And honestly I think I was more able to connect with Edward Rochester's character. I think from what I saw Sahir is an
example of the Byronic hero, he like Rochester is a passionate man, often guided by his senses rather than by his rational mind.  

Where was I? Yeah ...

Sahir - He is the epitome of the archetype brooding, ruthless man with a past - which is surprisingly reasonable and dark - to back his behavior. In fact, honestly I didn't expect he was married and that too for the last 7 years (I thought 8 years was the norm . . . but oh well) no matter to a comatose ( evil with a gold digger heart...blah blah - still can't she is his living wife). It tells us a lot about his loyalty and true devotion to his wife Zeenat. I will restrain myself from calling her his first wife because he is only married to her.

@Bold I agree to the loyalty bit and one more thing that I always felt that maybe Zeenat's complete truth is not even known by all members of the family I just have this feeling Ouch don't know why though IMO Confused

He was a dream to me I mean I didn't like him in the beginning considering he is the reason Arzoo and her family lost their only income. (I still don't understand the whole brooding hero concept but whatever they are sexy).

Sahir is not evil but not too good too. He is going to be the troublemaker of her life and he is the only one who is going to be solving it. He has a wife who is in coma - alive. Now let us think about his past. He looked like any young husband who has fallen in love with his beautiful (insert gag) wife but apparently the only flashbacks we see are her taunting his abilities of being a true business. Unfortunately its true in business you are only successful if you are a practical and rational decision maker who doesn't consider emotions . . . just like the way I hear music while doing maths - it makes me feel ration . . . and . . . I don't know why I added this point.

I believe his imperfection is what draws us to him.

@Bold you've summed up his character in two lines so perfectly

He is real, truly in the flesh. He is a guy who is insecure, who doesn't trust his emotions. He believes what he sees because reality is what serves before your eyes. Is he actually jealous, is he in love? I dunno really because I think even he loved an image of Arzoo, a perspective that he made out of her. I mean imagine 7 years of celibacy (maybe I dunno) and suddenly he falls in love with this kalki ay chori within a few months? 

To him Arzoo was an innocent women whose life was marred with difficulties. Her father disowned her and its a pretty big thing to me. He has an image of her as a pure woman who is honest, hardworking and cannot stand injustice. A woman who doesn't love money and power but believes in talent and brilliancy. He loved her character of (let us face it she is a pure untouched virgin *rolls eyes* coz having sex before marriage is still a taboo and hence she is no sl*t *rolls eyes again*) And so when suddenly her image infront of her breaks into pieces thus it kills him as to why he believed that his "ideal" woman exists. He thought - how much of an idiot am I? Hasn't Zeenat taught me a lesson already? This is the real word and mataji woman like Arzoo hardly exist (Note: Sahir has not used the word mataji I did) (Another Note: Sorry I cannot be too good like her).

Sahir is everything Arzoo hates. He is a liar, a seducer, a manipulator, the satan of her (mine too) life and also the angel. More like the dark angel. And that is what makes me love his character. He is a wounded hero, according to Merriam-Webster, an anti-hero is 'a protagonist or notable figure who is conspicuously lacking in heroic qualities.' In other words, he is flawed. And that is what makes us love him.

The line above is just Clap it does also makes us relate to him cause we're also flawed no one is a saint

I so want this track LOL

What makes this story about their love beautiful is the hate. The reasons they can't be together, Zeenat, him being married, Arzoo (hopefully) won't marry him until he divorces Zeenat because it would totally kill Arzoo's character.  I don't even understand why did they give her such a past considering it was supposed to make her strong yet all she does is whine and cry about how her father did this her father did that. Honestly Arzoo my dad used to beat my mom she hasn't left him yet I still live with him but I also don't consider him my father. But I am not whining am I? Self-pity won't help love. I am sorry I got a little personal here but I don't see the justification to her. Really I think all the strong woman in us hates her development. The reason of her factory to be blown and her only source of income. Arzoo has A LOT of reasons to hate him and now the love ploy. Now the story is how she fights it and how and what he does to get to her.

Clap

I am sorry I got a little personal here but I don't see the justification to her. Really I think all the strong woman in us hates her development. CryCryCry

Star Star Star

Oh well I am sorry to say but I am loving evil manipulative Sahir. 

Don't be! I love that too Wink cause one he gets all the more smexy & two unpredictable

Enough of good guys let us see if Arzoo is smart enough to catch him.

True that Evil Smile

AND I GOT A NEW PHONE!!!!Big smileBig smileBig smile

Congrats for your phone Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rosal_awesomeJunoonian

Bujee09 IF-Dazzler
Bujee09
Bujee09

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 2:48pm | IP Logged

omggg Bujeee api I just love it when you reply you always make my day hahaha you know you are one of the reasons I always love to come this forum. I feel so weird if I do not see you reply any posts. you are our helper queen thaaank you I really appreciate it

and yeah hopefully she will come to her senses and Sahir down hahaha
Hug welcome ...aur humara naam Raji hain Wink bujee hamari kiddo ka petname hain Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Junoonian

VD927 Senior Member
VD927
VD927

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
Great post as usual feminist! He is certainly the Austen hero personified. There is something very attractive about the 'brooding' types who walk around with a permenant scowl and looking down on 99.9 % of the people they meet. When they hate, they hate but when they love, boy do they love. If Sahir was just 'nice' Sahir, we all certainly wouldn't love him as much and I bet you Aarzoo wouldn't either. She seems like the type to like bad boys LOL
I just love the fact he is mixing stuff up in the current track. He is confessing real feelings but also doing everything in his power to get Arzoo. He certainly didn't sacrifice his love as would be expected of a 'real' hero. And he is still laying games woth Zaki and Rehman. And in all of this nowhere has he mentioned the wife in a coma! The guy is so ruthless! I just love him!!

Great post again!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

rosal_awesomefeministJunoonianBujee09

Go to top