India-Forums

Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan
Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

The difference...

eveline IF-Sizzlerz
eveline
eveline

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 9:45am | IP Logged

Yes, it hurts...it hurts like hell to see an innocent and sweet Nandini coming to a standstill while Manik walks around her and then tries to move on...She is frozen in her tracks with nowhere to go while Manik is picking up the pieces of his life so fast and piecing a life together. But then what's new...and don't they say there is no fool like an old fool...and yes, Nandini has always been a fool.

Most of us want Nandini to get a life and now the desperation is at its peak but if we look at the past, she was always drifting. She never really could make up her mind about her career, she never did have a passion. Her initial inclination towards science was always hazy and the only reason she was in SPACE was the scholarship and so was saving tons of money. Music was something that she was familiar with as she was growing up., it was a water color background for her, just a white noise she learnt to grow up with 

On the contrary for Manik, it was his passion, his life, his sole purpose of existence. Music for him was the vivid masterpiece of his messy life.Time and again through the months, he has reiterated that no compromise when it comes to Music. The rhythm is in his soul, and he takes his tunes and his tune making band very very seriously. Unlike Nandini, who was a drifter, Manik was always ambitious and wanted to go places with his music. It was always a very well defined zone...

Even in the worst phase of their relationship, the current heart break or whenever before that, they suffered, Manik always took to music for comfort, for strength, for resurrection. His music kept him going...while Nandini's recourse was only tears.

The best example was the Musicana event...they broke up right before the event...Nandini on one hand made an utter hash of her performance as her emotions were absolutely haywire, her feelings scattered everywhere...she just could not get a grip on herself well enough to perform on stage...and I don't blame her at all...she is a person ruled by emotions. She is all heart !! And the shock she had was too much for her innocence and trust to bear...

And again the difference was mightily highlighted here, Manik in spite of all his turmoil, all his devastation, just refused to give in. He, whatever the setbacks, emotional or physical, performed brilliantly, and carried the band to its famous victory. He was always focused, always driven...

I agree that we all are mighty upset about Nandini's status right now, but all I am trying to say here is...Nandini has always been like that. A happy go lucky soul, an emotional beacon for one and all who has not yet found her niche while Manik on the other hand was all hard edges. He knew what he wanted from life, and he always had an aim and nothing did and would ever come between him and his music and his focus and his friends,...period!! He just wont let that happen. We love to play the blame game, which is essentially the human nature, but we cannot blame Manik (or the cvs) for Nandu's current pathetic plight. She was always too soft for her own good and thats the reason why she found herself in the eye of the storm on the very first day. No one pushed her, she is where she is due to her choices, good or bad. Her decisions, whether wrong or right, are her own to make and to suffer too.

For those of us who feel that Nandini has been dumped to move the story forward, just a gentle reminder that although we might hate what we see right now...but this was always the character graph. All the cvs are trying to do is stay true to their babies...they made these characters, essentially laid down the rules of the game from the beginning and now to expect uncharacteristic changes is like demanding rules of the game change in the middle of the game.

We love our Nandini because she always lived by her heart, she literally wears her heart on her sleeve, a gentle, loving soul who wants to take care of every one and spread her innocent, sweet happiness. She fights back when she is literally pushed to the brink and then all hell breaks losse. And we love our Manik, the heart less brute, who cares a damn about anything else other than what he holds near and dear, the selfish, egoist, hot tempered, driven monster.

Just cause the pain is unbearable, we can't or wont expect them to change. Nandini if she could turn an indifferent and cold shoulder to this pain won't be the girl we fell in love with. And Manik..if he shows a chink in his armor now, won't be the ruthless manipulator we adore..

The difference has always been there, the elephant in the room, sometimes subtle and sometimes highlighted. It's time we recognize the contrast between these two protagonists and in stead of feeling that the rug was pulled from under our feet, and feel cheated...lets celebrate the differences that made MaNan so unique.

P.S...on a realistic note...the way the two genders handle heart break is always diametrically opposite. Girls are so very emotional, which is our strength and our weakness too. While boys...lets just say...they are ruled by their heads...just look around you...

Edited by eveline - 22 December 2014 at 11:21am

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

reena1146shantellbrownstar1315myvoizshefniHTA111salmankhanrulznavi04vetABCDesiGirl93amisuvMKrayZeegauriangelA.Hajnalleanne_1983-FreeSpirit-Sayali_23_keertu_...Tanu...shibzsonia_1

-bharti- IF-Rockerz
-bharti-
-bharti-

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 10:01am | IP Logged
Even though what you say is all true somewhere i expected nandini to stand up for herself like she did earlier, that was i guess too much to expect.  I thought she would make him see sense how its impossible for her to trust him easily a second time,  whose burden is it to prove otherwise???
Then its always the burden of girls to forget their ambitions for the sake of her brother mother sister every tom dick n harry.  just like nandini even thou her ambition was pursuing science she is stuck in this space rut because she has to for her bro.  BRILLIANT !  so the saga continues, no difference at all n i think im in the wrong place to even think of a slightest change in the status quo,  thank you friend for enlightening me. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shravya.krParud26

eveline IF-Sizzlerz
eveline
eveline

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -bharti-

Even though what you say is all true somewhere i expected nandini to stand up for herself like she did earlier, that was i guess too much to expect.  I thought she would make him see sense how its impossible for her to trust him easily a second time,  whose burden is it to prove otherwise???
Then its always the burden of girls to forget their ambitions for the sake of her brother mother sister every tom dick n harry.  just like nandini even thou her ambition was pursuing science she is stuck in this space rut because she has to for her bro.  BRILLIANT !  so the saga continues, no difference at all n i think im in the wrong place to even think of a slightest change in the status quo,  thank you friend for enlightening me. 
Give her time to gather her wits and stand up. As I recall, she fights back like a tigress when she is unfairly cornered and when she is pushed to the brink...that's the time she takes every one by surprise and decides to fight back. Only extremes force her to act and how...

And coming to what you have said...its not only about trust, or whether he deserves a second chance, I think the issues run way deeper...his scarred background that leads to his unreasonable behavior, the differences in their brought ups and values and thinking and attitudes, their lack of knowledge and understanding about each other...so many teething problems here

And the girl here made a choice, no one asked her to forget her ambitions for the sake of anyone, she was unclear about her ambitions in the first place, this is what this post is about...and its not about unfair societal pressure on girls. That although true my friend, is not what I am trying to point out.

Brilliant, or not, we chose to see this saga...we accepted it and enjoyed it for what it was...entertaining and absorbing and all I am doing here is discussing fictional characters and their characteristics. A crusade for a girl child's rights is a little bit beyond this post for now.

And my purpose for writing is just sharing my thoughts, not for me enlightenment of any friend...I am sure the members of this forum are way wiser than meSmile

Edited by eveline - 22 December 2014 at 10:23am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

myvoizgauriangelshibz

shefni Senior Member
shefni
shefni

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 10:27am | IP Logged
A beautiful post and let me accept i have practically nothing much to add up.Coming back to the post, this is exactly what happens when we get connected to a fictional show or what so ever, we expect the characters to play out in the tangent of the rights and wrongs of the world, but in reality , each individual may percieve a situation differently and hence their reaction to it may differ. Though personally after the episode , i wanted a strong nandhu carving out her own life , i realised that with her it was never that way.The way she kept reassuring dhruv about their undying friendship or the saviour armour , the way she stood through thin and thick with navya , or even after the utmost betrayal of manik , she stood by him through helping cabir .Yes this is what defines nandhini , a girl who stands as an epitome for undying and unconditional love,I have hopes for her to come around as for the courageous brave girl we have known and fallen in love with, but with time .So no matter how much i loose my mind after a not so good episode , it is still the show i fell in love with which makes me come back and makes me look things in altogether different angle 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shravya.krmyvoizParud26gauriangelevelineshibz

eveline IF-Sizzlerz
eveline
eveline

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 10:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shefni

A beautiful post and let me accept i have practically nothing much to add up.Coming back to the post, this is exactly what happens when we get connected to a fictional show or what so ever, we expect the characters to play out in the tangent of the rights and wrongs of the world, but in reality , each individual may percieve a situation differently and hence their reaction to it may differ. Though personally after the episode , i wanted a strong nandhu carving out her own life , i realised that with her it was never that way.The way she kept reassuring dhruv about their undying friendship or the saviour armour , the way she stood through thin and thick with navya , or even after the utmost betrayal of manik , she stood by him through helping cabir .Yes this is what defines nandhini , a girl who stands as an epitome for undying and unconditional love,I have hopes for her to come around as for the courageous brave girl we have known and fallen in love with, but with time .So no matter how much i loose my mind after a not so good episode , it is still the show i fell in love with which makes me come back and makes me look things in altogether different angle 
Thank you so much...as you can see it has not been well received Wink!!

So true, I couldn't have put it better...that when we get attached to a fictional show, we tend to forget the fictional characters and the characteristics that endeared them to us in the first place and eventually and gradually expect them to act according to the realms of the real world. And even if its real world, as you wisely say, each individual is different, is unique and has a different way of acting, reacting, analyzing and understanding. Nandini and Manik are two very different individuals and so their ways of coping with heart break will be different. Heck, their whole view point to life and relationships is different. We have to understand that there is no right and wrong here...its just each to his own.

I love Nandini the way she is, the epitome of all that good in this world. There are very few like her, pure and good..she is in a way an endangered species...she is purely fictional cause such ppl don't exist in real life now. While Manik on the other hand is so real, so worldly, you cannot help but identify with him on some level.

The problem is when a loved couple fights..we tend to take sides and play favoritesLOL But the fact here is they both are right in their ways and I love them both. I think the cvs are still doing a fabulous job as these are the after the big storm days so, they have to take one day at a time...after all healing is a process that cannot be rushed...it takes pain staking patience...be it a broken arm or a broken heart...so like MaNan we will just have to grit our teeth and bear the pain and wait it out...

Edited by eveline - 22 December 2014 at 10:37am

myvoizshefnishibz

shahz IF-Dazzler
shahz
shahz

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 10:39am | IP Logged
What your saying is true...But still it's frustrating to watch Nandini like this every damn episode.
I'm not asking for Nandu to become all ambitious and career oriented all of a sudden...like you have stated she wasn't much ambitious to start of with while Manik always knew what he wanted from life.
I just want Nandini to get a friend she can rely on...I mean a teenager roaming around crying day and night with no friends.its hell depressing!!!
As you said boys and girls deal with heart breaks differently and I totally agree but I don't want to see Nandu running behind Manik while he gives her the cold shoulder.

shravya.krParud26eveline

shibz IF-Stunnerz
shibz
shibz

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 10:42am | IP Logged
Couldn't agree more Eve..

I was confused when ppl said Nandini isn't behaving like she actually is.. Because it had been only one epi since she decided to stay away from Manik & she was crying & worrying for him..checking if he is ok.. which is natural..she is a human too & has emotions.. Though I do hate her crying & I hope it stops but it isn't something unusual for Nandini..

On the other hand Manik is putting his angst to potential use that we ideally should do.. The musicana night heartache helped him bring the pain in his voice that made his performance better where as it broke Nandini-The contrast..you see how different ppl deal with same situations.. Though Nandini's shock was greater & her performance was immediately after so it's sad that she couldn't use the hurt to make her performance better..like you said Music wasn't Nandini's passion.. It's Manik's strong point but Nandini has been a geek all her life.. Music is a therapy for her..not a passion yet.. She was forced to join NH3 for her friends..

But yes since Musicana the epis have kind of been gloomy most of the times & Nandini has been crying often.. So that is actually saddening.. I feel Manik's love realization is being stretched a lot..hence gets kind of repetitive & boring.. & if Manik is not going to realize it till Nandini mouths it to him then the wait is going to get longer.. So till then we need to see some potentially good episodes.. Nandu can cry..but they need not show her cry always.. Give her a friend to divert her mind.. & bring some freshness & lighter moments in the show as Manik continues to deal with his angst!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

myvoizshefniForeverForUeveline

eveline IF-Sizzlerz
eveline
eveline

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 10:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shahz

What your saying is true...But still it's frustrating to watch Nandini like this every damn episode.
I'm not asking for Nandu to become all ambitious and career oriented all of a sudden...like you have stated she wasn't much ambitious to start of with while Manik always knew what he wanted from life.
I just want Nandini to get a friend she can rely on...I mean a teenager roaming around crying day and night with no friends.its hell depressing!!!
As you said boys and girls deal with heart breaks differently and I totally agree but I don't want to see Nandu running behind Manik while he gives her the cold shoulder.
yup...I know exactly how you feel. It feels so so wrong to see her like this..all alone and depressed with the tears never drying up...and with Manik all heartless...it is sometimes too much to see and bear especially as we are so attached to them.
I guess these are the initial days after the big break up so the cvs are taking it slowly yet steadily. We have to understand that they cannot jump start another track right now before giving this one a proper closure. Still they have done good by introducing not one but two new catalysts to bring MaNan closer.

And I guess Abhi is there to provide her the relief, the friendship, the shoulder that she so desperately needs for now...and I guess Navya will be back soon too...

About Nandini...she will get stronger and better with each episode is my guess. Today she was a bit better...some show of serenity while she was playing the veena..some show of spirit as she stole the chord and cornered Manik...but the cvs are trying to keep it real I guess...so the slow yet gradual recovery phase is being introduced. They both are shattered and need time to come back with a bang...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

myvoizshibz

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index