India-Forums

Mahakumbh
Mahakumbh

Saviours to the rescue

Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 8:43am | IP Logged
so, the story today seems to be woven around the theme of saviours !! 
The polish lady and her son became the saviours of Shiva 

And indication is that in turn Shiva will become the saviour of his polish benefactors 

The mysterious trishul dhari sadhus became the saviours of rudra 

And in a lighter vein, rudra became the saviour of Punnu ! ! 

And punnu today also defined what his relationship will be with rudra, that of hanuman and Rama 

Apart from that, the episode was all over the place today 

The jumps from one sequence to the other erratic, 

Continuity was missing 

And it was all haphazard 

The most intriguing scene was of course 

The river scene 

It started suddenly without any context. 

The goons were there and just spotted rudra out of the blue 

And the mysterious sadhus - was it the divine intervention? 

Are mysterious forces of the good watching Rudra's back? 

And was rudra oblivious of the whole commotion behind him? 

The scene left too many unanswered questions! 

So, after last week, this epsidoe fell a little flat, and left me quite confused ! ,! 

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

truptishreefariaabrarCoolpreeappukrishjyo_loveurlifeChit15-AditiS-sudha-kiranpri-Aria-Gul.S_EfKusum04Sugar_Cinnamon-shubh..FuggyMehra..sashashyamghalibmirza

hotdogg Senior Member
hotdogg
hotdogg

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 11:08am | IP Logged
hmm...

As you describe in your last CB thread...I guess Arvind Babbal & Utkarsh are also working outside their traditional comfort zones of romance dramas in a new setting (thriller, 2 fixed seasons of 60 epis each, international storyline, mythology) ...

...and they are also trying to create a mystery which they hope will become the anchor for the show...audience will keep on seeing if they are hooked by the mystery and will want to see it through..

...and trying to create an epic feel to it spanning generations of protectors & usurpers...

So I expect this jump cut effects for some more episodes as they probably trying to introduce all set pieces / characters and story elements...which I hope they will tie up / link up together somewhere in the process down the road...

...so its probably the inexperience in this genre showing..

I just hope they now dont try to bedazzle with any fancy CGI special effects...the golden scar healing itself is more than enough...

From a story progression angle, I believe they may try to show a major event which forces a  self reliazation in Rudra and pushes him firmly towards his destiny to understand his origin, protect the faithful and / or destroy the enemy ...methinks a death of a loved one at the enemy hands while trying to protect Rudra...Udii baba or Maimui?

Edited by hotdogg - 22 December 2014 at 11:12am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

truptishreeappukrishCoolpreejyo_loveurliferomancefanArshicsghalibmirza

ghalibmirza IF-Sizzlerz
ghalibmirza
ghalibmirza

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
hotdogg and arshi wonderful analysis! i have not seen the epi yet but i am getting the feel that our television industry is new to this type of genre and they are trying their best to keep the viewers engaged to something that may or may not prove to be the trend setter and i feel there are several shows that started and finished in the past and present trying to be the trend setters but the trp janta never acknowledged them much and i am amazed how the show diya baati has been ruling the roost and if you ever happen to watch it with all due respect its hard to sit for more than 2 minutes!..but the demand is such and hats off to the team who are trying something beyond their comfort zone with lots of risk involved a such shows are probably expensive to shoot!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Arshics

Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 6:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hotdogg

hmm...

As you describe in your last CB thread...I guess Arvind Babbal & Utkarsh are also working outside their traditional comfort zones of romance dramas in a new setting (thriller, 2 fixed seasons of 60 epis each, international storyline, mythology) ...

...and they are also trying to create a mystery which they hope will become the anchor for the show...audience will keep on seeing if they are hooked by the mystery and will want to see it through..

...and trying to create an epic feel to it spanning generations of protectors & usurpers...

So I expect this jump cut effects for some more episodes as they probably trying to introduce all set pieces / characters and story elements...which I hope they will tie up / link up together somewhere in the process down the road...

...so its probably the inexperience in this genre showing..

I just hope they now dont try to bedazzle with any fancy CGI special effects...the golden scar healing itself is more than enough...

From a story progression angle, I believe they may try to show a major event which forces a  self reliazation in Rudra and pushes him firmly towards his destiny to understand his origin, protect the faithful and / or destroy the enemy ...methinks a death of a loved one at the enemy hands while trying to protect Rudra...Udii baba or Maimui?

I think for the most part Babbal and co. have succeeded in weaving a plot that is quite interesting. I also like the connect between the cardinal and the swami - organized religion all over the world is about power and control, and using faith as a commodity to sell, and that God lives often in the unlikeliest of places, so in precap, we have a priest taking umbrage to ' shamshan mein rehne wala Ram banega kya?' 
The show also exposes that, instead of showing good as the one who is most ritualistic, is another step in the right direction. 
I agree on the CGI, we are awful at that, and babbal has to keep that to a min. 

Death of a loved one? Nooo..., maybe just the fear of death, but both maimui and baba are so cute, and positive forces in Rudra's life, I hope they stay.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

truptishreehotdoggjyo_loveurlife

Sadia_JenAm IF-Dazzler
Sadia_JenAm
Sadia_JenAm

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
Well...i agree with the fact that this episode seemed to have a rushed n unplanned editing...the scenes shifted randomly frm poland to varanasi and were juxtaposed in a way that seemed disorganised. Bcoz of this...a lack of continuity was there in the flow of the episode.

Next,about the slower pace of the show...i absolutely dont mind it. It's important now that focus wil b prolonged on each character n scene..after a few more episodes all will fall in track and i feel we wil all b comfy with the pace as viewers.

Nevertheless...i liked the individual scenes a lot. River scene was awsum though sudden.poem recitation by rudra and punnu's scene with him were all very heartwarming. So yeah..looking forward to further episodes...as kiran di says...MK can only get better :-)

Edited by Cornia_JenAm - 22 December 2014 at 10:41pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Arshics

Kusum04 IF-Dazzler
Kusum04
Kusum04

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 11:41pm | IP Logged
LOL Bang on Post, even i felt same. Embarrassed ... dint expect such type post for second week itself... ROFL ROFL 
Arshi Di... During SC such post came much later... ROFL ROFL ROFL 
Arshics IF-Sizzlerz
Arshics
Arshics

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 9:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ghalibmirza

hotdogg and arshi wonderful analysis! i have not seen the epi yet but i am getting the feel that our television industry is new to this type of genre and they are trying their best to keep the viewers engaged to something that may or may not prove to be the trend setter and i feel there are several shows that started and finished in the past and present trying to be the trend setters but the trp janta never acknowledged them much and i am amazed how the show diya baati has been ruling the roost and if you ever happen to watch it with all due respect its hard to sit for more than 2 minutes!..but the demand is such and hats off to the team who are trying something beyond their comfort zone with lots of risk involved a such shows are probably expensive to shoot!

Mandy, I hope you've caught up with the epi! Even longer than diya bati. SNS has been running, and that says it all for the channel! 

Life ok however has made so many brave attempts, I think it's now positioned itself as the channel which is different! 

And now we have Mahakumbh! I am sure this show will gather popularity and slowly make life ok a significant channel! 

Sadia_JenAm IF-Dazzler
Sadia_JenAm
Sadia_JenAm

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 9:47am | IP Logged
Arshi no bytes on today's episode?

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index