Mahakumbh

India-Forums

Mahakumbh
Mahakumbh

Mahakumbh 1-4: The Quest for Immortality DT note pg 15 (Page 7)

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 12:10am | IP Logged
My dear new young friends, including Orchid25, shubh_aarambh and the others of the same mind,

Don't bother about all these naysayers and doubters. What I felt about Gautam as Saras is there in the post, and I quote:

"One bit of inspired casting in Mahakumbh  is that of Gautam Rode  as a splendid adult Rudra.

I  still remember my first look at him in the introductory scene in Saraswatichandra,  with Saras standing in a lake performing the obsequies for his dead mother. He looked  for all the world like a young  rishi,  a being not quite of this world, with eyes so remote that it was scary to look into their depths. If I had wanted to find the best parallel in our mythology, I would have said the young Rishyasaringa, who was so pure of soul that as soon as he set foot in a barren desert, the rains would come.

Here, with a role of an entirely different kind, and one tailormade for him, I am sure Gautam will be a treat for the viewers."

I am pretty sure that most of the doubters here will come around to sharing my viewpoint once they have seen him in action.

This apart, even  if they don't, there is no need for us to fret. We will surely be in the majority and then to each his own!   Moreover, I can assure you that   they are very nice young people, and as  some of them have explained, they do not mean to hurt anyone with their views.

Meanwhile, please do read my post in full and let me have your comments on it.

Shyamala B.Cowsik (Aunty? I am 60+)

Originally posted by Kusum04

Originally posted by sjj23

the actor who won most prestigious award as saras but. still people doubt on his acting before watching his acting I dnt understand this logic yr...

ROFL ROFL ROFL 

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

fariaabrarCoolpreesp108Sadia_JenAmmishtidoiKusum04-shubhRashmi81SindhuMenonSandhya.Angayoughalibmirza_OrChiD_

ghalibmirza IF-Sizzlerz
ghalibmirza
ghalibmirza

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 12:12am | IP Logged
LOL..reading the comments about Gauti and other flavors..! hello ladies one thing these two share in common is pink lips..and watch for thatEmbarrassed
sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 12:25am | IP Logged
My dear Srividhya,

Yes, I can see that it would be very confusing without watching the episodes. You can do it online, Sandhya and Ela have the coords of the website, or you can find it towards the end of Ela's thread.

Do watch them all,my dear, there are only 5 in all to date, and then come back to me and the gang. I have missed all this fun and banter for a long time now.
d
In Saraswatichandra, I like Gautam a lot as Saras, especially in the romantic scenes, and as  I have noted here, his opening sequence was mindblowing. I dropped out of the serial when the heroine married another, villainous chap, and a lot of melodrama started. I feel that he will do really well here, and I would like you to watch him with an open mind. Maybe you will change your mind about him, after all, he tied with our Jalal/Rajat for the best actor award!

I am still watching JA and will do so till the end, though Salim is dismal and Anarkali pedestrian. Our lead pair look more gorgeous by the day, which is the sole saving grace. As for Siyasat, the script is far more realistic than JA, but the cast is a sad lot - Akbar looks like a greengrocer and Ruqaiya like a dayimaa, and the less said of Salim and his awful friends the better - and the acting is either substandard,  or OTT as with the precocious Mehrunnisa, or both. It is a  great pity, for I had high hopes of it. And the very idea of Salim trying to poison his father to get the throne is so ghastly that I felt queasy. I hear that the book was better.

Welcome here, my dear, and make sure that you stay here! My knee is not at all in favour of all this typing at one stretch, so once I have finished responding to all the comments, I am laying off till the   weekend!

Shyamala Akka

Originally posted by jayaks02

Dear Shyamala Akka,
Hug

Welcome back - Glad your knees are healing. Please do take good care.

I have not watched any episode till now - Will catch up on YT and then comment later - But did not find that actor Gautam Rhode impressive at all when I watched Saraswat serial on being recommended recently - But if the story and other peripherals interest me, I will join the bandwagon and be there in your threads. Even otherwise, I read the post fully but it is like a jigsaw puzzle without watching any episode. 

Seeme Biswas is one hell of an actress. Even in a stupid movie like Vivah, She held her own of course thanks to some sensible characterization. Outstanding !!. 
I am still only on JA LOL - You know for what ?  and of course Siyasat also on EPIC Big smile
Some Mughal Fascination, this one is !! Smile

Take care - Srividhya

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sp108mishtidoiSindhuMenonghalibmirza

-shubh IF-Rockerz
-shubh
-shubh

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 12:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sashashyam

My dear new young friends, including Orchid25, shubh_aarambh and the others of the same mind,

Don't bother about all these naysayers and doubters. What I felt about Gautam as Saras is there in the post, and I quote:

"One bit of inspired casting in Mahakumbh  is that of Gautam Rode  as a splendid adult Rudra.

I  still remember my first look at him in the introductory scene in Saraswatichandra,  with Saras standing in a lake performing the obsequies for his dead mother. He looked  for all the world like a young  rishi,  a being not quite of this world, with eyes so remote that it was scary to look into their depths. If I had wanted to find the best parallel in our mythology, I would have said the young Rishyasaringa, who was so pure of soul that as soon as he set foot in a barren desert, the rains would come.

Here, with a role of an entirely different kind, and one tailormade for him, I am sure Gautam will be a treat for the viewers."

I am pretty sure that most of the doubters here will come around to sharing my viewpoint once they have seen him in action.

This apart, even  if they don't, there is no need for us to fret. We will surely be in the majority and then to each his own!   Moreover, I can assure you that   they are very nice young people, and as  some of them have explained, they do not mean to hurt anyone with their views.

Meanwhile, please do read my post in full and let me have your comments on it.

Shyamala B.Cowsik (Aunty? I am 60+)

First of all Thanks aunty for replying.. Smile I feel no one here is thrusting upon their views on another nor we are compelling others to like what we like.. Its just our way of replying to those who got doubts about his talent as many people might not have seen him and since we have seen we are explaining.. If I say Rajat tokas is not suitable for Akbar's role without watching him, will it be fair? So that's what we are indeed trying to say.. Thank you once again for your patience to reply Smile

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

CoolpreeKusum04Rashmi81SindhuMenonsjj23sashashyam_OrChiD_

-shubh IF-Rockerz
-shubh
-shubh

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 12:33am | IP Logged

Originally posted by shubh-aarambh

Ok.. I have not read the post fully but read some comments.. I am not regularly following the show.. As I am waiting for GR's entry.. But before the actor's entry some people got doubt on his talent.. But my question here is... Have they seen his previous show and then saying this or its just an opinion? If it is just an opinion.. Then I would say.. Please wait and watch.. As You will be proved wrong.. Because I feel.. To match Gr's calibre only that kid has been casted and not vice versa.. But if people are passing comments after watching SC then I would say that.. They have not followed the show properly.. Because had they followed properly, then they would have known how versatile he is as an actor.. Big smile "so keep calm and continue watching MK" Smile

Subz Hug 
Clap 

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL That's the simple logic LOL Wink 

Blue - there is an option to discontinue also... ROFL ROFL ROFL 

That keep watching thing is for those who want to watch and are confused regarding the actor's ability.. If they don't like they will automatically stop watching.. LOLLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Kusum04

adiana12 IF-Rockerz
adiana12
adiana12

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 12:34am | IP Logged
Dear Shyamala, since this genre is one of my favorites I do understand the 'call of the chosen one' - you forget I am as much Potter mad as Sandhya and add to that I am Hobbit mad and Jedi mad as well !!! But as I said till last week the story was the hero but yesterday there was a clear shift - I can now bet on it that we shall see the sdult Rudra next week - being character oriented is one thing and being actor oriented is another - and the latter is the trend in our cinema today which is exactly what I see here - though Harry was the Chosen one he was never made to walk on water which is character orientation - when the character is blown out of proportion it becomes actor orientation. Good for cinema but death for story.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mishtidoiSandhya.Asashashyamghalibmirza

Kusum04 IF-Dazzler
Kusum04
Kusum04

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 12:36am | IP Logged
after all, he tied with our Jalal/Rajat for the best actor award!
LOL Wacko Geek

What if i say its vice vesra... Big smile fair enough. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Sadia_JenAmsjj23sashashyam

ghalibmirza IF-Sizzlerz
ghalibmirza
ghalibmirza

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 12:40am | IP Logged

after all, he tied with our Jalal/Rajat for the best actor award!
LOL Wacko Geek

What if i say its vice vesra... Big smile fair enough. 

kusum i think they both are great actors..i was gauti's fan first and then bacame rajat's after watching jodha akbar..and now want a good show for rajat as JA is going through typical ekta show phaseLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sjj23sashashyam

Go to top