Mahakumbh

India-Forums

Mahakumbh
Mahakumbh

Mahakumbh 1-4: The Quest for Immortality DT note pg 15 (Page 3)

Rashmi81 IF-Rockerz
Rashmi81
Rashmi81

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
Shymalaji ,
Thanks for the PM.
Great post about a very interesting serial.
I am born and brought up in Nashik and so I am quite familiar with Kumbhmela as it takes place in Nasik almost every 12 yrs but never knew of any such stories related to it .
Anyways the serial should be a trendsetter for the television industry as the viewers badly need entertainment which is good for their brains too.

Edited by Rashmi81 - 22 December 2014 at 8:32pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

CoolpreeSindhuMenonsashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 9:04pm | IP Logged
My dear Adiana,

Now we needed a Cassandra here, to forewarn us that this too will go downhill in due course, so welcome!

JA messed itself up by being not just heroine-oriented but vacuous,  and these days plain stupid. And as for this one being actor-oriented,  well, in a Chosen One story, only  the chosen one is centre stage, and as this is not Joan of Arc, it has to be the boy/man, does it not?

Anyhow, welcome again!Hug

Shyamala

Originally posted by adiana12

Hi Shyamala, am watching MK as its one of my fav genre's - today was a let down but lets see - its still early - the kid playing the teen Rudra is superb - so is Seema Biswas as Maimui - not a fan of Rode so wont comment - till last week the story was the hero for MK but today I saw the shift - as of now will watch but I am skeptical about this one now Tongue - JA messed up by making itself heroine oriented this one seems to be following the cinema route of making itself actor oriented - lets see how it unfolds now Big smile
sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
Thank you, Rashmi dear, and it is so good to have yet another familiar face here!

Now our dear Adiana is busy making sure that we do not go overboard in our optimism. but I for one am not ready to go into pessimist mode. Not as yet, anyway, and I am almost sure this one is going to be a great watch.

You must have seen so many Kumbh melas in your home town. I noted that the producers have lined up the Commissioner and the Adviser to the 2013 Mahakumbh in Allahabad as advisers for this show, so clearly they will try for some authenticity.

Shyamala

Originally posted by Rashmi81

Shymalaji ,
Thanks for the PM.
Great post about a very interesting serial.
I am born and brought up in Nashik and so I am quite familiar with Kumbhmela as it takes place in Nasik almost every 12 yrs but never knew of any such stories related to it .
Anyways the serial should be a trendsetter for the television industry as the viewers badly need entertainment which is good for their brains too.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rashmi81SindhuMenon

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 9:10pm | IP Logged
Ash my dear, aisa to mat karo!  It is very flattering, what you have said about my posts, but that is not the whole of it, for no one can compensate for the absence of visuals. And you cannot miss the young teenage Rudra and Seema Biswas either. Both are mindblowing. So do watch this one with me, and just ignore the hero if  you do not like him!

Shyamala

Originally posted by aashyagh

Hi Shyamala, have watched a small but of an episode, and I don't think I will watch as I m not fond of Gautam Rode.  I feel he is very stiff as an actor.  But your analysis, as always bang on.  You do not need to watch the show to read your posts, your writing is splendid and that gives the narration.  So, I would rather stick to your posts. WinkSmile
sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 9:13pm | IP Logged
Thank you so much, my dear Swetha! I am never quite sure how any of my posts is going to turn out, and it is always a relief when  people read it to the end and actually like it.

Yes, the casting is perfect, and I am looking forward to 8 pm nowadays after a long time!

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by -Swetha-

^ Fantastic analysis of 1st week of Mahakumbh  episodes,  Shyamala aunty! Clap
U have a knack with words! Cool

Seema B & Siddharth N act so brilliantly! Clap Casting of this show is perfect to the 'T'! Star

Looking fwd to ur posts here! Approve 
Thanks for the PM! Smile
sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
Thank you so much, my dear (can I have your actual name, if you do not mind that? If you have already  told me and I have forgotten, please put it down to my failing grey cellsWink and let me  have it again!).

As I was telling Swetha above, when I start a post, especially one done after nearly 4 months, I am never sure how it is going to turn out. So I am both glad and relieved that so many of you seem to have liked this one so much.

Seema Biswas is always very very competent, and here, she has got a solid part into which she can sink her teeth with gusto. Good for us!

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by sp108

Excellent post Aunty!
And you are absolutely right about Seema. You need to be on your toes to catch the nuances of her facial expressions. But the effect is marvellous. She is so effortless and effective. The scene where she dons the sun glasses to hide her tears, but eventually breaks down to hug a departing Rudra was beautifully emoted. With the sun glasses covering her eyes, she used all of her facial muscles to deliver a touching sadness. 

And the young Rudra is definitely a treat to watch. I loved the way he performed the roof top escape. And he is brilliant acting-wise. That he can hold his own in front of brilliant actors like Seema and Robin Das speaks a lot about his talent. I'll definitely watch Asoka for this boy.

I did not know about the role of Garuda in Samudramanthan. You have beautifully explained it.

Eagerly looking forward for Mahakumbh to unfold and equally eager for your wonderful posts!

Edited by sashashyam - 22 December 2014 at 9:17pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sp108

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
Thank you so much, my dear Faria. I am really pleased that  a completely new reader went thru the whole of such a long post and loved it. It is most reassuring!

I  too am looking forward to seeing Gautam as the adult Rudra. I loved Saraswatichandra till Kumud married that sadist Pramad (?), at which point I quit. The romantic scenes between Saras and Kumud were so delicate and touching, but here there will be not be much scope for that sort of thing. This is going to be an action thriller, so he will have a new genre to work on.

And yes, Seema Biswas is fabulous.

Shyamala

Originally posted by fariaabrar

Hi Shyamala
you wrote so wonderfully and analaysed the show perfectly that I have no words .Clap  I am a huge Gautam admirer and eagerly waiting for his entry Day Dreaming and  I am sure that he will make it worth watching show for you . My second fav character till now is maimui and seema biswasji is superb . Looking forward to your posts .

Faria

fariaabrar

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
I shall be waiting, Nawab Asadullah Khan 'Ghalib'!

Shyamala

Originally posted by ghalibmirza

shyamala, my dearest thanks for the pm..now i will take some time to read your analysis and watch the epi as i have a hectic day ahead of me..but am dying to read what you have to say and then give my two cents..talk to you laterHug

ghalibmirza

Go to top