Mahakumbh

India-Forums

Mahakumbh
Mahakumbh

Mahakumbh 1-4: The Quest for Immortality DT note pg 15 (Page 15)

Aahaana Global Moderator
Aahaana
Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 8:01am | IP Logged
Topic closed for review by the DT!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

*Shruti* Global Moderator
*Shruti*
*Shruti*

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 8:58am | IP Logged
This is Mahakumbh forum let's stick to that only. If you want to discuss other shows or actors past show, you can do it in the respective section.

Mocking members or DT is strictly against I-F rules and will not be tolerated under any circumstances. If you have issues with moderation you can contact the concern DT. There is absolutely no need to bring it up here. This section is only intended for the discussion of the show Mahakumbh and topics related to it.

Those who think they can discuss anything over here without being watched a reminder for them this section is being looked after GM's. Anyone found breaching the rules will be dealt accordingly. Most of you if not all are regular members of the forum and are well aware of forum rules. If anyone has any concerns pertaining to the section, GM's are just a PM away.

This thread has been reviewed by DT and members who went off topic should be reminded, next time, such post will be PUed and warnings issued out individually. Meanwhile this thread will be kept opened for discussions. We hope members adhere by the forum rules.

Regards,

I-F Dev Team

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaana-Swetha-

pallavi003 IF-Dazzler
pallavi003
pallavi003

Posted: 08 January 2015 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Hiii aunty..how are you.. HugHappy new year aunty.. Smileand I am very very very pleased that at last I could find you out. I came today  to this forum after a long time and whoaa..got the old faces to see (though virtually)..It's a nice and warm feeling. 
I have not watched any episode till now but it sounds a promising one, so eager to see at least some whenever I get time so that I can join the flow and understand some..Wink

sashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 09 January 2015 at 1:30am | IP Logged
My dear Pallavi,

I am truly delighted to see you after so long!

I think I PMed you for this post, but when you did not turn up, I gave up on you. It is good that you have turned up at last. As there have been only 16 episodes so far, you could catch up with them online, and in particular, you should not miss Siddharth as the young Rudra, in a phenomenal performance which lasted till  Dec.31. Moreover, without knowing the background, you would not be able to make head or tail of the current goings on.

See you again soon, I hope!

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by pallavi003

Hiii aunty..how are you.. HugHappy new year aunty.. Smileand I am very very very pleased that at last I could find you out. I came today  to this forum after a long time and whoaa..got the old faces to see (though virtually)..It's a nice and warm feeling. 
I have not watched any episode till now but it sounds a promising one, so eager to see at least some whenever I get time so that I can join the flow and understand some..Wink

pallavi003

happychappy IF-Dazzler
happychappy
happychappy

Posted: 09 January 2015 at 9:23am | IP Logged
Thank you Shyamala, for your lovely review of MK's first week; I just caught up with it. 

Your retelling of the 'amrit manthan' story was especially informative - I'd managed to forget all the interesting details...Smile

And this part below where you draw parallels with the stories of Samson and Krishna is superb. Thumbs Up

So there you are, you have acquired yet another reader... Until next time then, and do take care of the knee! Smile

- Shubha

Originally posted by sashashyam

...but  one could perhaps compare the young Rudra to Harry Potter or to  the young Krishna, both  eventually saviours of mankind. 

Thus, I loved the hidden similes in Rudra's escape from captivity- with Samson when he pulls down the pillars in his prison, with the infant Krishna when he drags the broken pillars after him, just as Krishna dragged the mortar  to which Yashoda had chained him.

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 09 January 2015 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
What a delightful id you have, my dear happychappy!

I am so glad that you spotted and liked the parallels to Samson and the baby Krishna, for no one else remarked on them!

Do take a look at my posts for Weeks 2 &3, which are:

2)Mahakumbh 5-8: Tangled skeins

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4266510#p117718010

3) Mahakumbh 9-12: Symphony of grief and rage

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4273020&PID=117980558&#p117980558

My kind of writing is an acquired taste,  and so I am always gratified when a new reader takes to it   after the first reading. Thank you! I hope you like these two as well, as also the one for Week 4 that I hope to have up on Sunday. 

Welcome to my gang!

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by happychappy

Thank you Shyamala, for your lovely review of MK's first week; I just caught up with it. 

Your retelling of the 'amrit manthan' story was especially informative - I'd managed to forget all the interesting details...Smile

And this part below where you draw parallels with the stories of Samson and Krishna is superb. Thumbs Up

So there you are, you have acquired yet another reader... Until next time then, and do take care of the knee! Smile

- Shubha

[QUOTE=sashashyam]
...but  one could perhaps compare the young Rudra to Harry Potter or to  the young Krishna, both  eventually saviours of mankind. 

Thus, I loved the hidden similes in Rudra's escape from captivity- with Samson when he pulls down the pillars in his prison, with the infant Krishna when he drags the broken pillars after him, just as Krishna dragged the mortar  to which Yashoda had chained him.

happychappy

Go to top