Mahakumbh

India-Forums

Mahakumbh
Mahakumbh

Mahakumbh 1-4: The Quest for Immortality DT note pg 15 (Page 14)

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:15am | IP Logged
Nikhila, my dear little bulldozer,

I am so pleased to have you here, and look out that you stay! Not that you would be at all tempted to leave, what with your Gautam to drool over!

But with  you here, I shall feel safe from the mods and the DT, for as you used to do in the old days, you can fight all my battles for me, and win them tooWink!

I am happy that you liked this post, and I will try and get the next week's one  up over the weekend, and will PM you.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by Nikki_Titli

Aunty...so happy to knw u also see MK..just read ur post n its SPOT ON...lookin forward to read ur analysis for this week epis..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nikki_Titli

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 1:32am | IP Logged
Ela dear,

I never had any intention of getting over JA or ditching it; till today, I have not missed a single episode, even if I watched some of them 2 days late.  Only I have stopped writing about it for quite a while now.

Now, see last night's episode. I loved the scene when Jodha cons Salim and Akbar into a measure of understanding and, from the boy's side, liking as well. It was delightfully done, mostly by Jodha with able support from Jalal, with very quick changes of expression to  hide her relief and pleasure at the way it all worked out. The best of all was the little exchange between Jalal and Jodha that ended the scene, with Jalal's mock attempt to get away,  and her calling him to order in no uncertain terms. The way they  laughed together in complete camaraderie was a revelation as far as the current comfort level between the actors was concerned.

As for Salim, my expectations of him being Nil, I am, Sandhya my pet,  never disappointed. No point at all in wondering about how his Abbujaan would have carried off that mud washing scene. Remember the old adage about the sow's ear and the silk purse? That is precisely it.

Moreover, that ostentatious, Salman Khan style stripping scene was a total waste even for its target audience of teenyboppers, for as I had noted earlier, he looked like the Before ad for a protein supplement for body buildersWink.Eeks!

I agree completely with Sandhya about the contrast with Mahakumbh. See that little bit when Maimuyi is coming face to face with the realisation that Udiya Baba is going to die. It was perfection. And the blank despair in her face as she watches the burning scaffolding come crashing down all around Udiya Baba and Rudra rushes in; it gave me goose pimples. Even the abused Polish wife is so very well played, down to the last detail.  I was there with her last night, pounding that beast of a husband to a very satisfactory pulp!

Well, folks, I will try and put up my next one, for Episodes 5-8, by Sunday, and will PM all of you as usual.

Shyamala/Aunty/Akka

Originally posted by Sandhya.A

Originally posted by elasingh

I am happy Shyamala that you too end up discussing JA on MK forum...I too cant get over JA fever...LOL
LOLCry

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

CoolpreemishtidoingayouRashmi81SindhuMenonSandhya.Aelasingh

adiana12 IF-Rockerz
adiana12
adiana12

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 10:08am | IP Logged
loji my next prediction is also coming true - the adult Rudra to enter next week - as predicted by moi !!!!! Tongue

sashashyam

chembi Senior Member
chembi
chembi

Posted: 26 December 2014 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
Hi aunty thanks for the pm watched first week of the episodes they are quite attractive waiting for the GR's entry .
ps: missing your detailed ja analysis and want only one thing from this serial want to give stiff competion to ja .

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Coolpreesashashyam

Sandhya.A IF-Rockerz
Sandhya.A
Sandhya.A

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 1:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by adiana12

loji my next prediction is also coming true - the adult Rudra to enter next week - as predicted by moi !!!!! Tongue
Oh no! Just one more week of Siddharth?Confused

sashashyam

adiana12 IF-Rockerz
adiana12
adiana12

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 2:09am | IP Logged
Not even 1 week Sandhya !!! Adulthood will hit Rudra on 31st december !!!
Originally posted by Sandhya.A

Originally posted by adiana12

<font size="3">loji my next prediction is also coming true - the adult Rudra to enter next week - as predicted by moi !!!!!Tongue</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Oh no! Just one more week of Siddharth?Confused</font>

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sandhya.Asashashyam

Coolpree Senior Member
Coolpree
Coolpree

Posted: 27 December 2014 at 6:57am | IP Logged
Hi Shyamala,  Anxiously waiting for your analysis of week 2 of MK.  I have enjoyed every episode tremendously.  
My only mild criticism of this show is that I feel a strange disconnect with the shots in Poland.  I don't know whether it is the dubbing technique or what but I find my self longing for the scene to shift back to Banaras.
The casting has been so good that it really amazes me.  I am going to miss this young Rudra A LOT.  His Ramleela scenes were so good.  I got goosebumps when he literally rose from the ashes with his Baba in his arms...this is a mythological character with supernatural powers and I got completely carried away by the moment.  In any other show this scene may have been cheesy and OTT.  But here it was utterly convincing.  Very Very nice.

BTW: loved the references to JA in the MK forumWink  Commented on your analysis on Ela's thread

Edited by Coolpree - 27 December 2014 at 6:57am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Sadia_JenAmmishtidoiRashmi81Sandhya.Asashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 28 December 2014 at 6:15am | IP Logged
I think, my dear Preeti, that the disconnect is because of Shivanand's bizarre wigs/ hairdos. Wink Of he had a neat close cropped haircut, the whole Polish scene would  look a lot better!

Anyhow, my Ramayana for last week is up,  with a crack about the aforesaid hairdo!

I saw your comments  on my post on Ela's thread and I agree with you in toto.

Shyamala

Originally posted by Coolpree

Hi Shyamala,  Anxiously waiting for your analysis of week 2 of MK.  I have enjoyed every episode tremendously.  
My only mild criticism of this show is that I feel a strange disconnect with the shots in Poland.  I don't know whether it is the dubbing technique or what but I find my self longing for the scene to shift back to Banaras.
The casting has been so good that it really amazes me.  I am going to miss this young Rudra A LOT.  His Ramleela scenes were so good.  I got goosebumps when he literally rose from the ashes with his Baba in his arms...this is a mythological character with supernatural powers and I got completely carried away by the moment.  In any other show this scene may have been cheesy and OTT.  But here it was utterly convincing.  Very Very nice.

BTW: loved the references to JA in the MK forumWink  Commented on your analysis on Ela's thread

Coolpree

Go to top