Mahakumbh

India-Forums

Mahakumbh
Mahakumbh

Mahakumbh 1-4: The Quest for Immortality DT note pg 15 (Page 12)

ddsoaps IF-Dazzler
ddsoaps
ddsoaps

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sashashyam

My dear Diana,

I am flattered that you liked this one much! Thanks  a million. And you are an old JA reader as well!

I agree with your cent per cent about the young Rudra, Siddharth. He is surely going to make it to films, and succeed there as well. That brooding intensity reminds me of James Dean.

Its like his eyes hold the mysteries of the earth. What an utterly lovely turn of phrase, my dear!

Of course you can tweet this thread to whomever you like. I would like them to know how good their latest baby is. During a 6 week period in 2013, when I was analysing one particular track in DKDM, I got to know Utkarsh Naithani quite well, and so maybe you could send it to him as well. I used to post my analyses on his FB page in those days.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

[/QUOTE]

Thank you...the thread has been tweeted to GR, Arvind Babbal, Life Ok & Utkarsh too!Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sashashyam

mishtidoi IF-Dazzler
mishtidoi
mishtidoi

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 12:33am | IP Logged

My little Mishti,

HugHugHug

It is wonderful to have you back with me, and with all of us in fact,  in this forum.

Which is your city, Allahabad or Varanasi? Either would suffice for huge doses of nostalgia.

I think this one is going to be fun, my pet, and will not flag.

My knee is coming along slower than expected, but at least it is coming along. I must be careful not to let my new found enthusiasm for Mahakumbh make me irresponsible and invite a setback.

Take care, my dear.

Shyamala Aunty
Originally posted by mishtidoi

Aunty...am so happy to read your posts againHug
My first attraction to this show was its genre..."maar-dhaad, action se bharpoor" thriller pulls me big time...am no, DDLJ fan (no offence to fans though) 

Then the city...MY city, which am now missing big timeUnhappyHug

For now the whole star cast is giving stellar performancesStar

Though, am a bit skeptical of Gautam...especially after watching Siddharth...but will wait for his show to begin.

Aunty, please take care of your health.

"Older than history, older than tradition, older even than legend, and looks twice as old as all of them put together"...Mark Twain said about my cityWinkEmbarrassed

In night's episode, I felt what Adi said,...now Rudra is the driving force of the show and not the story itself...hope it doesn't hampers the story's fluidity and novelty.

Edited by mishtidoi - 24 December 2014 at 12:34am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ngayouSandhya.A---Khushi---sashashyamghalibmirza

Lady_Macbeth IF-Stunnerz
Lady_Macbeth
Lady_Macbeth

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 4:53am | IP Logged
First of all , I just couldn't tell you how warm my heart is feeling right at this moment to have you back Shyamala di . It's been so long. Hug
How is your health Ma'am ?? Take care of yourself , winter is like a toddler with newly grown teeth buds , eager to sink his teeth in any thing he can..
Second of all, I couldn't believe myself that we meet again at a common forum , with a common interest in a common show. Whoa !! World is spherical indeed ! I had decided to watch Mahakumbh from the very first promo that I saw on my tv , reasons are many ( happily ) , I just love this genre for once , this whole mytho-histo stuff , plus two of my all time favorite actors in the cast , for twice. Gautam Rode is in my top 5 most fav of all time not only because he's got...ahem.. nice rack, n stuffs ( like LOTS of interesting stuffs in lots of interesting places ... ) but yah , he's one helluva great actor , completely organic n incredibly vulnerable acting. Can you believe I watched a completely bogus crap episode of aahat on Sonyaat for 5 hours because Gauti was the main character in it ?? Yah, life is so full of sacrifices.
Another one is , Manish Wadha , with out a doubt most talented among the entire cast. It's his ill fate that an actor of his calibre in born in our goddamned country , or else by now his room should be overflowing with all sorts of oscars. I'm his helpless fan since his incredible un-f**king-believable Chanakya days ( btw, have you seen that show ma'am ?? Or else, I'd highly nudge , beg n trick you to watch it Wink ) , n his power pact Raavan of DKDM , in which he overshadowed even Mohit Raina's Mahadev in his acting prowess . He's a king of his fields. I think theater acting for a long time does that to people.
So, yah , I'm watching for him n Gautam. Maimui done by Seema ji is an extra for me. And ohh yes the young Rudra , fantastically (under)played by Siddharth has come as a very pleasant surprize too . In fact I want them now to drag the childhood of Rudra only so that I can see more of his acting. Delighted to know that he's going to give a , no doubt , freaking-fantastic , young Ashoka to us ( another show in my check-out list ).
Now, your post . Which pretty much sums up my opinion about it, because it leaves just THAT much to comment on, I can only pleasantly sigh n marvel at the beauty of it n revel in the expectant joy of the promise of good days to come ( more posts from you. Yayy for us. ) 
My final m.b going to start from 26th , n I'm in deep muddy water , so to speak. So, yah , I'm late in replying. Sigh ! Life feels like a gut-kicker when exam kicks at the door, "least for me.
Lots of warmful heartful Merry Christmas love to you. Hug
                                                        _ Gargi.
P. S , You're still watching JA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stern Smile

Edited by Bamonforever - 24 December 2014 at 4:57am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Sadia_JenAmSandhya.AsashashyamVasusenaRadheya

adiana12 IF-Rockerz
adiana12
adiana12

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 8:47am | IP Logged

My little Mishti,

HugHugHug

It is wonderful to have you back with me, and with all of us in fact,  in this forum.

Which is your city, Allahabad or Varanasi? Either would suffice for huge doses of nostalgia.

I think this one is going to be fun, my pet, and will not flag.

My knee is coming along slower than expected, but at least it is coming along. I must be careful not to let my new found enthusiasm for Mahakumbh make me irresponsible and invite a setback.

Take care, my dear.

Shyamala Aunty

Aunty...am so happy to read your posts againHug
My first attraction to this show was its genre..."maar-dhaad, action se bharpoor" thriller pulls me big time...am no, DDLJ fan (no offence to fans though) 

Then the city...MY city, which am now missing big timeUnhappyHug

For now the whole star cast is giving stellar performancesStar

Though, am a bit skeptical of Gautam...especially after watching Siddharth...but will wait for his show to begin.

Aunty, please take care of your health.

"Older than history, older than tradition, older even than legend, and looks twice as old as all of them put together"...Mark Twain said about my cityWinkEmbarrassed

In night's episode, I felt what Adi said,...now Rudra is the driving force of the show and not the story itself...hope it doesn't hampers the story's fluidity and novelty.

Mishti, after today's epi, I do rest my case - seems my take is coming true - well good for the show but again the story bites dust 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mishtidoingayousashashyamghalibmirza

Neel_M IF-Sizzlerz
Neel_M
Neel_M

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 10:55pm | IP Logged
I saw that long post and I said to myself, OK I'm not going to read it in a hurry!
I'm happy that I did it, I took my time and read it.
Amazingly pointed out each and every points of the show!
Just loved it!

Thanks for sending PMBig smile
Looking forward for more master piece!
sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
My dear Neel,

It is I who should thank you for taking the time out to read my long post, with both patience and attention, and then liking  it so much. Whenever a new reader does that, I feel  both reassured and touched. Thank you ever so much.

I plan to stay with this intriguing show and do weekly analyses, for there are already at least 2 daily analyses in this forum, and of course I will PM you when I put up anything.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by Neel_M

I saw that long post and I said to myself, OK I'm not going to read it in a hurry!
I'm happy that I did it, I took my time and read it.
Amazingly pointed out each and every points of the show!
Just loved it!

Thanks for sending PMBig smile
Looking forward for more master piece!

Neel_M

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
Oh, oh, oh, look who we have here! Welcome back, my dear Gargi,you mischievous and unpredictable  creature!Hug As for  your lavish praise of this post, should I take it with a teeny weeny pinch of salt?Wink

I note your current favourites in this show. I have already written about Gautam in this post, but I was pleased to learn that Manish Wadhwa  was the very impressive Ravana in DKDM. I still remember his Shiva Stuti when he is trying to free his arms from under Mount Kailash. It gave me goose pimples.

Yes, I watched Chanakya in the original telecast in the  early 1990s, when you were probably in your nappies, but I had no idea that he was in it. I have the whole series on DVDs and I shall check.

As for this show, as I said, he needs a neat haircut, which would literally make him a new man! As it is, he looks like various stages of Edmond Dantes in The Count of Monte Cristo, during his incarceration in the Chateau d'If. One thing that should please you, he  will be there till the end.

Yes, I plan to stay with JA till the bitter end. I am a champion quitter of serials, and I want to be able to say that I stayed with at least one of them to the Finis. Plus Rajat still delivers the odd superb bit every now and then. and your Jodha Begum is looking more gorgeous than ever before.

That is it for now,and make sure  you concentrate on  your exams and do well in them! You will, never  fear, despite all the butterflies currently populating your innards!

Warmest  good wishes for the New Year to you and to Maitreyee too.

Affectionately,

Shyamala Di

Originally posted by Bamonforever

First of all , I just couldn't tell you how warm my heart is feeling right at this moment to have you back Shyamala di . It's been so long. Hug
How is your health Ma'am ?? Take care of yourself , winter is like a toddler with newly grown teeth buds , eager to sink his teeth in any thing he can..
Second of all, I couldn't believe myself that we meet again at a common forum , with a common interest in a common show. Whoa !! World is spherical indeed ! I had decided to watch Mahakumbh from the very first promo that I saw on my tv , reasons are many ( happily ) , I just love this genre for once , this whole mytho-histo stuff , plus two of my all time favorite actors in the cast , for twice. Gautam Rode is in my top 5 most fav of all time not only because he's got...ahem.. nice rack, n stuffs ( like LOTS of interesting stuffs in lots of interesting places ... ) but yah , he's one helluva great actor , completely organic n incredibly vulnerable acting. Can you believe I watched a completely bogus crap episode of aahat on Sonyaat for 5 hours because Gauti was the main character in it ?? Yah, life is so full of sacrifices.
Another one is , Manish Wadha , with out a doubt most talented among the entire cast. It's his ill fate that an actor of his calibre in born in our goddamned country , or else by now his room should be overflowing with all sorts of oscars. I'm his helpless fan since his incredible un-f**king-believable Chanakya days ( btw, have you seen that show ma'am ?? Or else, I'd highly nudge , beg n trick you to watch it Wink ) , n his power pact Raavan of DKDM , in which he overshadowed even Mohit Raina's Mahadev in his acting prowess . He's a king of his fields. I think theater acting for a long time does that to people.
So, yah , I'm watching for him n Gautam. Maimui done by Seema ji is an extra for me. And ohh yes the young Rudra , fantastically (under)played by Siddharth has come as a very pleasant surprize too . In fact I want them now to drag the childhood of Rudra only so that I can see more of his acting. Delighted to know that he's going to give a , no doubt , freaking-fantastic , young Ashoka to us ( another show in my check-out list ).
Now, your post . Which pretty much sums up my opinion about it, because it leaves just THAT much to comment on, I can only pleasantly sigh n marvel at the beauty of it n revel in the expectant joy of the promise of good days to come ( more posts from you. Yayy for us. ) 
My final m.b going to start from 26th , n I'm in deep muddy water , so to speak. So, yah , I'm late in replying. Sigh ! Life feels like a gut-kicker when exam kicks at the door, "least for me.
Lots of warmful heartful Merry Christmas love to you. Hug
                                                        _ Gargi.
P. S , You're still watching JA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stern Smile

VasusenaRadheya

chitterati Goldie
chitterati
chitterati

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 11:38pm | IP Logged

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">I agree 100%, Mandy dearest, and that is the
reason why I still watch JA regularly and will do so till the end. But it is
now stuck in the groove of a rebellious son and so many crossed wires. It is a
mess, and the younger lead pair are dismal.

The boy looks 26, not 16, and the CVs' idea that having Chetan clean shaven will make him look 19 is a joke! He looks every day of 35. And where were all these daughters when Salim was still in Agra at 9? The two elder ones look 16+, only Khannum could have been born after Salim was sent off 7 years ago.

They should have taken a leap of at least 12 years, if not more. Chronologically, even if Salim is only 16, Akbar would be 43, for he was 27 when Salim was born in 1569.

Shyamala

Originally posted by ghalibmirza

shyamala although MK is a good and a different show but i just cannot get over RT's brilliance!..although story of JA has been butchered our abba huzoor surprises us yet again with his brilliant performance..and today i was mesmerized by his middle aged voice modulation and mannerisms of a man in thirties and a father of a teenager..how i wish the look gets changed as well!

</font>

Oh aunty...the dismal comedy ja has become!!! If possible, would absolutely love to read your take on when things started going really wrong for JA. although it's been discussed at great lengths...but there is just something about the wit, humour and unique perspective that you bring to your posts.

See that's the thing about being such a great writer...readers get too demanding ;-)

sashashyam

Go to top