Mahakumbh

India-Forums

Mahakumbh
Mahakumbh

Mahakumbh 1-4: The Quest for Immortality DT note pg 15 (Page 11)

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
My dear Gayatri,

Aap bhi aa gayeen to dil khush ho gaya!  It feels so  good to have so many of my favourite  girls back with me here!

This show is of an entirely different genre, and more even than Harry Potter and the core concept of a Chosen One who does not know either his great powers or about his ultimate destiny to save the world from evil, it is  rooted in Indian mythology, garnished with dollops from the Da Vinci code.

I think it is going to be fun, and since it is a finite, 120 episodes show, with a very good writer, I have high hopes that it will stay the course. So do watch the episodes you have missed online (Sandhya has the coords for the site) and make sure you do not drop off midway!

As for Jodha Akbar, I still watch it religiously, but I find this Salim totally inadequate and Anarkali depressingly commonplace.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by ngayou

Aunty, it s so good to see u back Smile . But please don't overstress urself & take care (u know how tiring ur gang of girls r Wink LOL ).

Coming to the show, I am watching it tho I missed the Rudra s capture & escape epi, yet to watch it. Let me be very frank that I couldn't make much sense out of the story probably bcos I ve never seen or read any of the Potter series, but ur post has shed light on it & now am able to understand it better. Am not exactly mindblown by the show as yet but it s definitely a lot better fare than the others on TV right now, I d say.

Seema is a treat to watch & regarding Gautam, before SC started I was very much sceptical too of his acting skills as I d seen him only anchoring N.Baliye & now I ll freely admit he s quite a good actor too Smile . But of course, each of us have our favourites & like to think they r the best Wink !

Anyway, thanks a lot for this one , Aunty Embarrassed . Regarding JA, it s almosy beyond redemption now Confused , sighhh! Hope this show doesn't disappoint much as it is finite Smile

Edited by sashashyam - 23 December 2014 at 11:00pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ngayou

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
Thank you so much, my dear Charu. I would have replied earlier, except that I am being good and sticking to my laptop  limits (after throwing them out of the window over the weekend!Wink).

As for writing so much,  you know me, my dear! I have only one way of doing  my posts, to spread myself, and I would be hard put to edit them down. It would take even more time, and would ruin the prose and the flow. Still, I am perennially surprised that so many of us bear with me and actually like my stuff!

No, I do not think Mahakumbh will degenerate the way you fear it will. The charming thing is that Rudra discovers his powers one by one with a kind of bemused surprise, and then just accepts it and carries on, as when he recites the second verse that the jyotish has not yet taught  him. Plus, the side characters are very strongly etched, especially Rudra's 2 guardians.

Then there are the cinematically shot scenes that are delightful: Rudra poised on top of the railway bridge, tensed and ready for the super-Olympic dive; the way the sticks fall to the ground like autumn leaves after he has tugged away the rope that binds them; the sudden emergence of 8 trishuls from under the water.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by chitterati

Fantastic post as always aunty. And that you could manage to write so much about a 4 episode old show says something about the benchmark that has been set.

I do hope the show does not become a ott tale of rurda's superheroic feats to help the needy.

chitterati

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
I agree 100%, Mandy dearest, and that is the reason why I still watch JA regularly and will do so till the end. But it is now stuck in the groove of a rebellious son and so many crossed wires. It is a mess, and the younger lead pair are dismal.

The boy looks 26, not 16, and the CVs' idea that having Chetan clean shaven will make him look 19 is a joke! He looks every day of 35. And where were all these daughters when Salim was still in Agra at 9? The two elder ones look 16+, only Khannum could have been born after Salim was sent off 7 years ago.

They should have taken a leap of at least 12 years, if not more. Chronologically, even if Salim is only 16, Akbar would be 43, for he was 27 when Salim was born in 1569.

Shyamala

Originally posted by ghalibmirza

shyamala although MK is a good and a different show but i just cannot get over RT's brilliance!..although story of JA has been butchered our abba huzoor surprises us yet again with his brilliant performance..and today i was mesmerized by his middle aged voice modulation and mannerisms of a man in thirties and a father of a teenager..how i wish the look gets changed as well!
sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
My dearest girl,

What an amazingly hatke interpretation of the goings on till now! Lovely.

Everything fits to a T, bar one not so minor reservation. Swami Balivesh is not heading any Order of the Phoenix. He heads  the Indian branch of the secret society headed by the Polish cardinal. They cooperate and are both working towards the same goal, of securing the amrit and the secret of  immortality so as to be able to rule the world. Let me repeat what I wrote in this post.

Remember that when those 2 thugs are looking for a man with the Garuda Chinna mark on him, at the 1989 Kumbh at Prayag? One of them asserts that as the Swami had said the man would be there, he would be there, and immediately thereafter, he spotted Shivanand.

So they capture Shivanand and presumably deliver him up to Swami Balivesh. But where does he end up? In Poland. So clearly the Swami has handed him over to the Polish gang, and he would do that only if he is part of the same secret society.

So the Swami does not want anything to happen to Rudra  for the next '12 years, when the Mahakumbh will come around again in 2013. He clearly tells Pandey to lay off Rudra, and states that after 12  years, he, the Swami, will locate and fetch Rudra.

But Pandey, raging with anger at having been outwitted by Rudra when he escaped from his goons, wants to capture him now. Whence the plot hatched by his video parlour owner brother in law, which backfires so badly. The saala  is so stupid that he does not even remember Pandey's injunction that Rudra should be only captured, not killed. If he and his 6 brothers had killed Rudra, the Swami would have killed all of them, Pandey included, for he would then have lost the key to the amrit.

Even now, if Pandey had succeeded in blowing Rudra up, that would have been the end of him, all his genuflections before the Swami notwithstanding. I like that Swami as a villain, his eyes are like those of a king cobra about to strike, cold and deadly. That way he is more impressive than  the Polish Cardinal.

Ok, my other comments are in  italics.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by Sandhya.A

Phew...finally  watched  all 4 epis at a stretch  and today's  too...
Another search for deathly hallows. We have a Polish Voldemort but he wants only the Sorcerer's stone...he doesn't  Avada Kedavra everyone  who crosses him...or does he?  This Potter has his identity  mark on his back instead of on his forehead. There is the Order of the  Phoenix  headed by Swami Balivesh? Protecting  Rudra Potter in his Maimui's house till he is of age...Potter has just met Punnu Weasley ... Shivanand Potter is a good occlumens and can shut his mind to high frequencies  ...he is still alive and has just escaped Voldemort's men. 

Aunty
Great to read your analysis  after a long  time...Big smile

I too found  it strange  that  Udiya Baba didn't  care to find out  Rudra's parents and suddenly  after 12 years had an inspiration  to  get Rudra  to his real parents. Whom did  he write  a letter to  and how did he expect people  to  look for Rudra  after 12 years at the  same  place? He saw an ad put in by this Pandey and his fake organisation, and wrote to them about Rudra. He naturally got a reply by return, the goop. If he had not seen the ad, presumably he would have done nothing and gone on eating Maimuyi's cooking and asking her to light a fire for warmth!

Also, why and how is  that Rudra who remembers his childhood  even his horoscope  perfectly  didn't  attempt  to  meet his mother who comes in his dreams every  day ? Surely  he can remember  his home and address too..It seems that Rudra is not conscious of any of his special powers till they pop up - the ability to stay for long spells underwater, great physical strength, remembering all the details of his horoscope out of the blue, the ability of recite a verse from the Ramcharitmanas even before the jyotishi has taught him that, and so on - and then he simply accepts them in an incurious fashion. All in all, he is a passive, brooding child.

Seema...i would  want a serious  emotional   scene  between  rt (non nose scrunching) and her  and see whose expressions outdoes  the  other's. Her alternating expressions  of pretentious joy and sorrow as she sent Rudra with band baaja was amazing.  I agree. I really want Rajat to get a non-historical, author-backed role, preferably in films. And over the last 2 episodes, Maimuyi's sheer joy and pride in her bachuwa playing Lord Rama was wondrous to behold.

That Siddarth can hold his own in Seema's presence speaks of his calibre. How agile and athletic ! Anyone can  easily  believe  that this boy has and will grow up to realise  his supernatural  powers. Yes, and he is surely also going to grow up be a very successful actor, with that brooding James Dean looks. The girls will go nuts over  him! And he was so different in Dhoom 3!

Sandhya.A

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
Thank you so much, my dear. I am glad you are here and that you liked this one so much.

I was not thinking of doing anything on Jodha and Salim as I have practically stopped writing anything in that forum. Every time I go there, I get  trip over some obscure rule of theirs and get into trouble, and that too across the whole  of the IF!

Moreover, one would have to wait and see what happens tonight before seeing where things are headed between them. If I were to attempt something, i would call it A case of crossed wires,  for that is exactly what it is. Let me see, above all how my knee behaves. It has been overstressed since the last weekend. If I do one, of course I will PM you.

I read your psychological analysis of Salim, and found it very appealing, but I was in worse shape then and could not sit down and comment on it as I would have liked to. It was a beautiful, sensitive piece. Why don't you try your hand at a Jodha-Salim piece? I am sure it would turn out to be just as good as the earlier one about Salim.

Shyamala

Originally posted by myviewprem

very nice analysis

I would like to read your analysis on salim-jodha relation in JA too in case you are doing one pls post me the link

Sandhya.A

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
Thank you so much, my dear Revathi.  One by one, all my favourite girls are trickling in here, which is delightful!

My knee is coming along, maybe a good bit slower than I had expected, but it is coming along, and I shall do my best in terms of analyses for Mahakumbh.  I am sure it will continue to intrigue and entertain us.

Affectionately,

Shyamala Akka

Originally posted by rev4eva

Shyamala Akka,
It is really good to see back in IF and hope you are recovering well. 

Loved how you analyzed the 4 episode of Mahakumbh. The show has unique and freshness to it. Looking forward in seeing how the mythical mystery unfolds

I had the same thought when I saw Goutham Rode during his first scene when he emerged from the lake in white. 

Looking forward in reading your upcoming reviews.

Love,
Revathi

rev4eva

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
Well, you imp, I am not yet at the running stage, but I am getting there, slowly but surely!

I am delighted that this post has persuaded you to start watching Mahakumbh. That soft thumping you hear is me patting myself on the back!Wink

Shyamala  B.Cowsik

Originally posted by apple64

i was not watching Mahakumbh.. but post your post-reading. I AM. woohoo. i am speechless. thanks and i hope you are recuperating well  (happy running ;Wink )

Sandhya.A

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
My little Mishti,

HugHugHug

It is wonderful to have you back with me, and with all of us in fact,  in this forum.

Which is your city, Allahabad or Varanasi? Either would suffice for huge doses of nostalgia.

I think this one is going to be fun, my pet, and will not flag.

My knee is coming along slower than expected, but at least it is coming along. I must be careful not to let my new found enthusiasm for Mahakumbh make me irresponsible and invite a setback.

Take care, my dear.

Shyamala Aunty
Originally posted by mishtidoi

Aunty...am so happy to read your posts againHug
My first attraction to this show was its genre..."maar-dhaad, action se bharpoor" thriller pulls me big time...am no, DDLJ fan (no offence to fans though) 

Then the city...MY city, which am now missing big timeUnhappyHug

For now the whole star cast is giving stellar performancesStar

Though, am a bit skeptical of Gautam...especially after watching Siddharth...but will wait for his show to begin.

Aunty, please take care of your health.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mishtidoingayouSandhya.A---Khushi---

Go to top