Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sandhya.A thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: elasingh

I am happy Shyamala that you too end up discussing JA on MK forum...I too cant get over JA fever...πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜­
Edited by Sandhya.A - 9 years ago
Sandhya.A thumbnail
Aunty
I was only imagining what expressions RT would have given today, had he played Salim, as he poured water over Kali's face...cliched scene but RT would have made it extra special...sigh...this Salim is PATHETIC.

Still watch MK only on retelecast...but not if this Salim is going to get more screen space. One bad actor can spoil the whole soup, esp if he is given more time.

The biggest plus of MK is all the chief characters so far have been portrayed by EXCELLENT actors who fit their respective roles to the T. So we can overlook script loopholes if any...

Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Aunty...so happy to knw u also see MK..just read ur post n its SPOT ON...lookin forward to read ur analysis for this week epis..
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nikhila, my dear little bulldozer,

I am so pleased to have you here, and look out that you stay! Not that you would be at all tempted to leave, what with your Gautam to drool over!

But with  you here, I shall feel safe from the mods and the DT, for as you used to do in the old days, you can fight all my battles for me, and win them tooπŸ˜‰!

I am happy that you liked this post, and I will try and get the next week's one  up over the weekend, and will PM you.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: Nikki_Titli

Aunty...so happy to knw u also see MK..just read ur post n its SPOT ON...lookin forward to read ur analysis for this week epis..

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Ela dear,

I never had any intention of getting over JA or ditching it; till today, I have not missed a single episode, even if I watched some of them 2 days late.  Only I have stopped writing about it for quite a while now.

Now, see last night's episode. I loved the scene when Jodha cons Salim and Akbar into a measure of understanding and, from the boy's side, liking as well. It was delightfully done, mostly by Jodha with able support from Jalal, with very quick changes of expression to  hide her relief and pleasure at the way it all worked out. The best of all was the little exchange between Jalal and Jodha that ended the scene, with Jalal's mock attempt to get away,  and her calling him to order in no uncertain terms. The way they  laughed together in complete camaraderie was a revelation as far as the current comfort level between the actors was concerned.

As for Salim, my expectations of him being Nil, I am, Sandhya my pet,  never disappointed. No point at all in wondering about how his Abbujaan would have carried off that mud washing scene. Remember the old adage about the sow's ear and the silk purse? That is precisely it.

Moreover, that ostentatious, Salman Khan style stripping scene was a total waste even for its target audience of teenyboppers, for as I had noted earlier, he looked like the Before ad for a protein supplement for body buildersπŸ˜‰.Eeks!

I agree completely with Sandhya about the contrast with Mahakumbh. See that little bit when Maimuyi is coming face to face with the realisation that Udiya Baba is going to die. It was perfection. And the blank despair in her face as she watches the burning scaffolding come crashing down all around Udiya Baba and Rudra rushes in; it gave me goose pimples. Even the abused Polish wife is so very well played, down to the last detail.  I was there with her last night, pounding that beast of a husband to a very satisfactory pulp!

Well, folks, I will try and put up my next one, for Episodes 5-8, by Sunday, and will PM all of you as usual.

Shyamala/Aunty/Akka

Originally posted by: Sandhya.A

πŸ˜†πŸ˜­

adiana12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
loji my next prediction is also coming true - the adult Rudra to enter next week - as predicted by moi !!!!! πŸ˜›
chembi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi aunty thanks for the pm watched first week of the episodes they are quite attractive waiting for the GR's entry .
ps: missing your detailed ja analysis and want only one thing from this serial want to give stiff competion to ja .
Sandhya.A thumbnail
Originally posted by: adiana12

loji my next prediction is also coming true - the adult Rudra to enter next week - as predicted by moi !!!!! πŸ˜›

Oh no! Just one more week of Siddharth?πŸ˜•
adiana12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Not even 1 week Sandhya !!! Adulthood will hit Rudra on 31st december !!!
Originally posted by: Sandhya.A

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Oh no! Just one more week of Siddharth?πŸ˜•</font>

Coolpree thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Shyamala,  Anxiously waiting for your analysis of week 2 of MK.  I have enjoyed every episode tremendously.  
My only mild criticism of this show is that I feel a strange disconnect with the shots in Poland.  I don't know whether it is the dubbing technique or what but I find my self longing for the scene to shift back to Banaras.
The casting has been so good that it really amazes me.  I am going to miss this young Rudra A LOT.  His Ramleela scenes were so good.  I got goosebumps when he literally rose from the ashes with his Baba in his arms...this is a mythological character with supernatural powers and I got completely carried away by the moment.  In any other show this scene may have been cheesy and OTT.  But here it was utterly convincing.  Very Very nice.

BTW: loved the references to JA in the MK forumπŸ˜‰  Commented on your analysis on Ela's thread
Edited by Coolpree - 9 years ago