Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I liked it..Hirani is amazing. A lot of people said it was Hirani's best film which I disagree with. Woh maaza nahi aaya. ðŸ¤” Idk maybe I need to see it again. I did love the concept though. 
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Some really lame points.

It targeted every religion. Took digs at every stupud ritual or custom. It was more favored to Hinduism becuase that the major religion where this movie was made. I was a bit dissapointed that they didnt flat out establish religion to be a hoax though.

The space was the least important part of the storys. Kudos for ponting it out. Goes on to show how serious a topic this is.😆

What were you expecting?? Them to waste 30 mins on the working of the ship which would have flown over most people anyway?? Its a movie about religon not a sci-fi extraveganza ffs.

As for how they got here undetected, please do some thinking.  We are talking about a spieces that has mastered interplanatery travel and mind reading. Is it so hard for them to divert/ disable earth's defense mechanism?? Which frankly would have been a piece of cake. And the cloud cover than provides cover from people on ground. Its that simple.

We are just punny little infants compared to them, no threat at all. Totally harmless. The fact that they are a peacefull race probably saved our necks.

So there please do some reasearch before posting and mods can we please merge this with the review thread. This doesnt deserve a thread of its own, the OP is just reviewing the movie.

Edited by Arsal-AK - 9 years ago
MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Update: Aamir Khan's PK' Is Biggest Ever Bollywood Bow In North America

PDATE, 12:11 PM PT MONDAY: The numbers not only held, they were markedly increased for Aamir Khan-starrer PK in North America, scoring the biggestBollywood opening of all time with a confirmed $3.57M at 272 locations. That bests Khan's Dhoom 3 which released to $3.44M in the same corridor last December. Disney's UTV, which is distributing the film, says the three-day take for the day-and-date release in India was $21M. That also bests Dhoom 3 last year which opened to $17.64M locally. Other international markets on PK, including the UK, Pakistan, the Netherlands and more, scored $4.27M in their openings. The global cume of PK over the weekend thus stands at $28.84M. There's some controversy in India from religious groups against the film which poses questions about belief systems, but that hasn't seemed to dent box office. PK is now the second biggest opener of 2014, behind Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year which just today was made available to worldwide audiences online.

PREVIOUS, 1 PM PT SUNDAY: After several strong global releases this year, including Kick with Salman Khan, Bang Bang with Hrithik Roshan and Happy New Year with Shah Rukh Khan, Bollywood served up Aamir Khan in comedy/drama PKthis weekend (see trailer above). Going out day-and-date in 22 markets - including India, North America and the UK - it released on about 5,000 screens at home and more than 800 overseas.

The total take excluding North America was $22.13M for the frame, says distributor UTV. An estimated $3.46M debut at 272 locations in North America will see it score the biggest Bollywood opening of all time if the numbers hold when the actuals come in this week - it's that close. The one to beat is 2013's Dhoom 3 which bowed to $3.44M last December - and also starred Aamir Khan. This frame, PK entered the domestic Top 10 (at No. 10) becoming the third Bollywood title to do so in recent memory, following Dhoom 3 and Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, both last year. Dhoom 3topped out at about $8M in North America with a worldwide gross of about $89M.

Excellent movie, funny and touching. People of all faiths must see it. It is subtitled.

While we do not have a market-by-market breakdown outside North America, local reports say the Friday/Saturday India gross was 57 crores ($9M). There has been media speculation it would top the 90 crore ($14.27M) mark when the three-day is tallied. That would set it above Kicks debut earlier this year, but could place it belowBang Bang and Happy New Year with the latter holding claim to the biggest opening weekend ever at home. PK had the seventh-best opening day of all time locally with 26.63 crores ($4.22M), giving Aamir Khan his second-best bow ever in India. Last year's Dhoom 3 remains the actor's best one-day grosser to date with 36.22 crores ($5.74M); the film went on to a $17.64M opening weekend.

Aamir Khan is one of Bollywood's biggest names, having led such massive hits as 3 Iditos and Dhoom 3 " he also produced and starred in 2001 Foreign Language Oscar nominee Lagaan. Anushka Sharma, next up in Anurag Kashyap's Fox Star Studios-producedBombay Velvet, also stars in PK. Helmed by Rajkumar Hirani, who also directed 3 IdiotsPK is released by Disney's UTV.

The story sees Khan as an alien who lands in the Rajasthan desert with a mission to study life on Earth. When the device that allows him to communicate with his spaceship is stolen, he sets out to find it while attempting to blend in. Ultimately, he heads to Delhi where the fish-out-of-water asks innocent questions that hold a deep and valuable meaning about the belief system that humans have created to reach God, says Bollywood Hungama. Sharma becomes his guide as the titular alien challenges some of the oldest rituals of religion. The film has stirred up a small controversy over the faith-based issues, but that doesn't appear to have affected box office.

PK looks to have a clear run for the next several weeks at home and I'll update figures as they become available.

Edited by Lighthearted - 9 years ago
I still need to see ðŸ˜›ðŸ˜›
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Arsal-AK

Some really lame points.

It targeted every religion. Took digs at every stupud ritual or custom. It was more favored to Hibduism becuase that the major religion where this movie was made. I was a bit dissapointed that they didnt flat out establish religion to be a hoax though.

The space was the least important part of the storys. Kudos for ponting it out. Goes on to show how serious a topic this is.😆

What were you expecting?? Them to waste 30 mins on the working of the ship which would have flown over most people anyway?? Its a movie about religon not a sci-fi extraveganza ffs.

As for how they got here undetected, please do some thinking.  We are talking about a spieces that has mastered interplanatery travel and mind reading. Is it so hard for them to divert/ disable earth's defense mechanism?? Which frankly would have been a piece of cake. And the cloud cover than provides cover from people on ground. Its that simple.

We are just punny little infants compared to them, no threat at all. Totally harmless. The fact that they are a peacefull race probably saved our necks.

So there please do some reasearch before posting and mods can we please merge this with the review thread. This doesnt deserve a thread of its iwn, the OP is just reviewing the movie.

I am glad that they didn't...the movie would have fallen flat on its face...The Indian audience is not mature enough to lap up something like...RELIGION is a HOAX concept...so I think it was smart of Hirani to attack on Godmen...who probably are fake most of the time...not saying all of them are fake ...but most of them...thats why this movie is sitting so well...because the audience already have the doubts about these Godmen and their credibility...Disowning the concept of religion would have been a disaster...
harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Bazigar

1. To reach a larger audience and for a big budget movie normally bollywood have to follow a love story. As it create balance between catering different emotions simultaneously cater the main issue in the movie.

2. It is not a sci fie movie Central plot revolves around a person who dont one of us/ or new to a place explore religion in a neutral perceptive. S0 they just indicate arival of an alien and stuck on earth.

3. If we see rational in love story in bollywood then we are just trying to finding reality in imaginary fiction. 😆

4. It cater to all religion , its main focus is fanatic, con babas etc. rather than hinduism as whole . Other thing a large portion of viewer or target audience are hindu so it cater that issue. Just like a hollywood movie will made on christian . If it targeted hinduism then such large audience will not go to watch a movie which target  own religion. Yes there will be difference in opinion.

5. As hardly there are love song so they are bound to be annoying. 😆

I think a movie is continuous flow of a story confine for 3 hours so they just jump from one scene to other.

how comes OMG succeeded without all that??? and alomost made 100cr without a big holiday?
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Franco

I still need to see ðŸ˜›ðŸ˜›

Kal din mein 3 O clock ka achha muhurat hai...make sure u go then...
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: blue-ice

I am glad that they didn't...the movie would have fallen flat on its face...The Indian audience is not mature enough to lap up something like...RELIGION is a HOAX concept...so I think it was smart of Hirani to attack on Godmen...who probably are fake most of the time...not saying all of them are fake ...but most of them...thats why this movie is sitting so well...because the audience already have the doubts about these Godmen and their credibility...Disowning the concept of religion would have been a disaster...

You are right. It would have been.

Though from some of the scenes you could really tell that they really wanted to.
Originally posted by: blue-ice

Kal din mein 3 O clock ka achha muhurat hai...make sure u go then...

Maybe but watching a movie on a Tuesday seems so weird 😆😆. Like Alien like
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Spoilers ahead

1. The Sarfaraz/Jaggu love story is vital to the plot. PK falling in love was annoying. 
2. If Alien's can manage FTL travel, then I'm sure they have good stealth and blocking technology. 
3. My bigger concern is who disappears without confrontation or melodrama. Most people would call, email, FB stalk to get people to reconsider. It is actually not that unusual for embassy staff to take messages like that. Embassies surprisingly get a lot of calls from people trying to trace friends and relatives who moved elsewhere. 
4. Hinduism is the dominant religion in India. So it makes sense that PK encounters Hinduism the most. The movie didn't really target any religion or God. It targeted blind faith and conmen who utilize faith and fear to fleece people. What is more insulting to the Hindu faith - dhongi babas who use our faith to make profits or a message to beware of dhongi babas?
5. Yeah. The film had poor music. No melody stuck with me. 

The news channel was not covering a love story but a highly publicized debate. It was akin to the Bill Nye/Ken Ham debate. A lot of money goes into finalizing dates, venues, promoting the debate, selling tickets, scheduling broadcast.They won't cancel such things. They will do a news ticker, unless it is a breaking news story. Also we don't know how long it was from the bomb blast to the actual debate. It wasn't the same day for sure. It was a few days gap at minimum. 

My question - Will there be a sequel with RK's adventures on earth?