what do you all think?

ghalibmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
what do you all think why jodha akbar is going down the drain as per quality? is it because...

1)..ekta wanted to discontinue long time ago, and end it like the movie.

2)..ekta wants zee to shut down the show as the trps are dropping so that a prime slot can make way to her new show.

3)..ekta thinks she has milked the show now its time for her and the actors to move on and her main focus is movies!

4) ..jodha akbar was ekta's dream project..what happened to that dream?

...and now few unanswered questions..

1) why so many minni leaps

2) why the story was rushed and main historical events skipped

3) why ruk is made the central black villain..i do not think lavina has the power like ashwini of becoming the main negative character

4)..why do i see some amateur director in the pics and why the actor salim chosen so lousy

5)..maanbai selection does not bother me much as she will not be the main focus..the main focus will be anar noor angle as those are the stories people know..but why cheap actors!!!
Edited by ghalibmirza - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

renuganesh thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey mandy I think it might be due to some political pressure to show arelation betw a mughal emperor and ahindu queen
Thats why they shifted to salim and anar noor
Or to show moresbs masala asthey r not capable to show akbar achievements and war sequences
RTPS talents totally wasted
Nothing mor to discuss about Ruks
She milked more trps nothing left to show positively
Kash Ekta doesnt touch the great historial story
Donjas thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Mandy, good to see you. What is with the new name, Ghalib I know, but who is Mirza?

I think the reason for the suicide of Jodha Akbar is political. I think pressure is being put on her to terminate the serial. Earlier, she was willing to resist but now it seems she has succumbed.

Akbar featured prominently in the recent U.P elections. Certain people who have negative views about Akbar, hold high positions of influence, they have the power to hurt Ekta, if their views are not taken into consideration. The love story of a Muslim man and Hindu woman does not mesh with their world view.

Ekta was brave to launch the serial after the protests over the movie JA, she held on for a long while, but reality had to be faced. She has decided to sacrifice JA to save her other business projects.

Totally understandable. Besides, we have already seen the best that the JA love story has to offer. So, not much of a loss for us viewers.

A sudden termination of such a high rated serial would have raised awkward questions, so the obvious strategy was to starve it slowly, make it lose ratings so that it could be shut down in a natural manner.

I also think that nobody cares much about Jahangir or the other Mughals, so if Ekta desires she can continue the serial with these lesser Mughals, but Akbar, the poster boy of multiculturalism, is a strict no-no.
Edited by Donjas - 9 years ago
ghalibmirza thumbnail
Originally posted by: renuganesh

Hey mandy I think it might be due to some political pressure to show arelation betw a mughal emperor and ahindu queen
Thats why they shifted to salim and anar noor
Or to show moresbs masala asthey r not capable to show akbar achievements and war sequences
RTPS talents totally wasted
Nothing mor to discuss about Ruks
She milked more trps nothing left to show positively
Kash Ekta doesnt touch the great historial story

i cannot agree more! the pressure is indeed there because MP Akbar angle was completely skipped, if she had shown the reality she would have been threatened and i believe she decided to skip it conveniently!
ghalibmirza thumbnail
Originally posted by: Donjas

Mandy, good to see you. What is with the new name, Ghalib I know, but who is Mirza?

I think the reason for the suicide of Jodha Akbar is political. I think pressure is being put on her to terminate the serial. Earlier, she was willing to resist but now it seems she has succumbed.

Akbar featured prominently in the recent U.P elections. Certain people who have negative views about Akbar, hold high positions of influence, they have the power to hurt Ekta, if their views are not taken into consideration. The love story of a Muslim man and Hindu woman does not mesh with their world view.

Ekta was brave to launch the serial after the protests over the movie JA, she held on for a long while, but reality had to be faced. She has decided to sacrifice JA to save her other business projects.

Totally understandable. Besides, we have already seen the best that the JA love story has to offer. So, not much of a loss for us viewers.

A sudden termination of such a high rated serial would have raised awkward questions, so the obvious strategy was to starve it slowly, make it lose ratings so that it could be shut down in a natural manner.

I also think that nobody cares much about Jahangir or the other Mughals, so if Ekta desires she can continue the serial with these lesser Mughals, but Akbar, the poster boy of multiculturalism, is a strict no-no.

donjas! i changed my name for a change and then did not quite like it but am stuck with it for one year! mirza ghalib was a well known poet and i am sure you must have heard his name and i just wrote the last name first and the first last!

i completely agree with you!..one day i was thinking that why ekta skipped all military campaigns of Akbar related to rajputs and glorified jodha unnecessarily by  making her and only her reason for Akbar's greatness!..then i realized that this was a small measure to combat pressure and now she is letting it go slowly..initially trps were not allowing her to quit but now she can happily let it go..and one can easily compare the quality then and now..i think the show will wrap up soon and seems like no other mughal emperor holds the position that Akbar held therefore not many will be interested in knowing salim's love life unless we get a hot salim and heavenly beautiful anarkali..and a strong headed noor with looks and talent..and all having sizzling chemistry!

donjas, i do not know if you are watching siyaasat, maybe that is why jodha is not mentioned in that one!
Edited by ghalibmirza - 9 years ago
ghalibmirza thumbnail
in other words am i right if i say that the slow demise of the show is intentional!
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
as for the quality of JA
i think all the options u gave are responsible to some extent
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
only ekta ans zee can answer the questions
chitterati thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It is amply clear that it's a deliberate attempt ...if EK and ph wanted to continue the show they would not have gotten third rate actors to play future leads like salim and maan etc...but I doubt it's political- if it were then Akbar would have been shown grey and black or atleast would have continued to be so after chittor war, but he has been shown to be remorseful, nek dil self...i
I mean common Zindagi has all Pakistani shows who have a huge following in India, the characters are super likeable, if it were a communal bias thing the channel would never have been launched.

I guess EK really dint have a story after H&h death ...but zee wants to continue to milk the cow to the last drop...they didn't expect  such a backlash for sudden leap, butthedamage was irreversible, so now they are just galloping to the End hoping to retain whatever TRPs they can muster with minimal investment while they build a replacement...they will khicho this till World Cup next year, and post that launch anew show. 
ghalibmirza thumbnail
Originally posted by: chitterati

It is amply clear that it's a deliberate attempt ...if EK and ph wanted to continue the show they would not have gotten third rate actors to play future leads like salim and maan etc...but I doubt it's political- if it were then Akbar would have been shown grey and black or atleast would have continued to be so after chittor war, but he has been shown to be remorseful, nek dil self...i

I mean common Zindagi has all Pakistani shows who have a huge following in India, the characters are super likeable, if it were a communal bias thing the channel would never have been launched.

I guess EK really dint have a story after H&h death ...but zee wants to continue to milk the cow to the last drop...they didn't expect  such a backlash for sudden leap, butthedamage was irreversible, so now they are just galloping to the End hoping to retain whatever TRPs they can muster with minimal investment while they build a replacement...they will khicho this till World Cup next year, and post that launch anew show. 

cittra, here we are talking about the political pressure from various organizations. just like the movie faced so many threats and anti forces similarly the serial too had to deal with all of that..and that is why ekta was careful in showing what she showed, she wanted to keep akbar in good light but then made jodha a rajput princess the reason behind it..and in reality that was not the case as we all know akbar had very rare qualities in him that made him great and rise above and beyond any mughal rulers in the history of hindustan!

..and she might not have had the story after HH death but then where is her research on akbar the great that took her years to finalize the script..maybe she did wanted to end it and zee might have wanted to milk it more but then the biggest question still remains why such a mediocre actor for such a big role!..since salim is the focus after leap even a blind man or an inexperienced street walker can tell this actor will not be able to carry the show on his shoulders!