Sonakshi signs Amrita Pritam film after ARM's next

Posted: 9 years ago

Sona gears up for some real action

Bangalore Mirror Bureau | Dec 19, 2014, 07.15 PM IST

By Joginder Tuteja

The actress will start training with experts from LA in January for AR Murugadoss's film scheduled to roll a month later.

Six months ago, it was announced with much fanfare that Sonakshi Sinha will pair up with her Holiday director AR Murugadoss for a woman-centric action flick. The film was supposed to roll in November but nothing has been heard about it since.

Now, Mirror has learnt that Sonakshi will start shooting for the yet-to-be-titled film from February. Though the makers have denied any resemblance to Charlie's Angels, Lara Croft or the Kill Bill series, a source close to the production asserts that it is a hard-hitting commercial film, miles away from the R...Rajkumars and Action Jacksons that have projected Sonakshi as a damsel in distress.

"It is an adaptation of Kumar Santha's Tamil film Mouna Guru where Arulnithi played the male protagonist, a hot-tempered college student who gets embroiled in a web of lies, deceit and a crime. In the Hindi version, Murugadoss has gone in for a role reversal for his favourite Bollywood actress. Sonakshi plays an angry young woman in the film," informs the source, adding that this is her first heroine-centric film.

While the other actors are still being confirmed, Sonakshi is already gearing up for some heavy-duty action scenes. "Experts from Los Angeles are being flown down and her training begins mid-January," adds the source.

The actress admits that it's her New Year's resolution to do different genres of films and is glad she'll be starting 2015 with this one. "A woman-centric film is not just a first for him but for me as well. Murugadoss's films are known for their great content. In addition, I'll get an opportunity to do some real action which I am really looking forward to," beams Sonakshi.

It's been a busy time for the actress with two back-to-back releases, Action Jackson and Lingaa, and a third, Tevar, coming up in early January, followed by Murugadoss's film a month later. "I won't say I've conquered the world since there's still so much more to be explored. But it's a decent achievement for a 27 year old who didn't want to be an actor," says Sonakshi. "I slogged for four years, did 12 films, because I was at the right place at the right time. This film too will be a first-of-its-kind experience."

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/entertainment/bollywood/Sona-gears-up-for-some-real-action/articleshow/45576438.cms

Yet another serious' role for Sonakshi Sinha

DC | Subhash K. Jha | December 21, 2014, 22.12 pm IST
Sonakshi Sinha

Having gone down the commercial road as far as possible, Sonakshi Sinha whose latest masala film Action Jackson has received tremendous flak, has now decided to take the more sober route. She will now be playing the eminent author  poet Amrita Pritam in the biopic to be directed by debutante Jasmeet Reen.

The young actress, known so far for her bubbly onscreen characters, is all set to take a serious shot at an intense and real performance. A source very close to the actress reveals, "Though no formal announcement has been made so far, Sonakshi is playing Amrita Pritam. She is very excited about the challenge of playing her first real-life character."

This won't be Sonakshi's first serious role. She earlier did Vikramaditya Motwane's Lootera,  a performance that was much lauded. Says the source, "There are many reasons why Sonakshi does these commercial films. Firstly, she enjoys them. And secondly she can't say no to friends who want her in their films. But now she's determined to try her hand at something more serious."

Edited by Skuxx-Deluxx - 9 years ago
Awesome news
So she has AR Murugadoss's next and Amrita Pritam's biopic. 🥳
Article also reveals a bit about what AR Murugadoss film is about
Sounds exciting bro.  Sonakshi is on the right track.
👍🏼
and now hopefully some confirmation on fawad as imroz! what I could give to see sona-fawad pairing up for amrita-imroz!
I want I want! all the best to  sona though - she was wonderful in lootera and totally has it in her to pull amrita pritam off👍🏼
Sonakshi will make a good Amrita Pritam I think. There is a similarity in looks between them. 
Ye murugadoss kuch original bhi banata hai ya nahi? 😆
Originally posted by wAnNaBeReBel

Ye murugadoss kuch original bhi banata hai ya nahi? 😆

He makes remakes of his own originals 
Originally posted by Skuxx-Deluxx

He makes remakes of his own originals 

Which are remakes of HW films. 😆
Is this Sonakshi film a remake of some South Indian film?
Originally posted by RockChicGirl

Which are remakes of HW films. 😆
Is this Sonakshi film a remake of some South Indian film?

I guess Ghajini was slightly inspired by Momento. What was Holiday adaption of?

Joginder claims it's inspired Mouna Guru just reversal roles where as Priya of TOI claimed Sonakshi's character is based on Mata Hari