India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Islam ? (Page 2)

_Darling_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Darling_
_Darling_

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 5:30am | IP Logged
Yes, idol worshiping is condemned in Quran, but it is not just idol worshiping like we mostly think it may just mean. Even following religious leaders are condemned and called as Idol and their followers taking them as idols or gods in stories mentioned in Quran because in many such stories leaders used to tell the followers something else over God's laws.  Traditions and following forefathers are also mentioned many times in Quran.  
That's why I don't take these organized religion leaders seriously. I do listen to ones I feel are good, who might have something to say I don't know and useful, but I won't follow blindly everything they say nor do I care about traditions by making them as it if they are something to do with faith.

The Islam you are taking about is because what you see as mainstream. It is basically have been made as organized religion, but islam in Quran itself is not phobic to other religions or all of the followers nor is islam supposed to be an an organized religion like how it has been made out to be with many men-made rules outside the Quran that even parts of Quran translations have been influenced. 

When it comes to others, it is against the specific ones who can be found in any religion and anywhere even among the Muslim community known for the world. As for others, who are fine and who are following other religions, believers are supposed to be kind and equitable to them unless they are oppressing and fighting believers for their faith as said in Quran. So when it says, "fight until the Deen ( commonly translated as religion) is for God", it includes all these rules and rights about others as well. It doesn't mean like how many think that basically God is saying fight everyone until there is islam where people think Islam is basically only for a specific social group when in actually in islam, believers or musliums are supposed to treat others equally if they are not attacked because others have rights in islam. Also if one see the context when reading such verses, most of them are about believers or muslims attacked and they are told to defend themselves; hence such verses. 

Many rulers have taken the label muslim and what it refers to as something else like in mainstream definition, a muslim is one believing in God, prophets, angels, books, etc when this is actually about believers, not about muslims in Quran. There is a difference between muslim ( submitter) and believer ( Mumin) in Quran. 

Muslim, so far, I can find according to Quran in the most simple way of saying, is anyone who surrenders to or serve God, not associate anyone with God,  and not taking anyone as patron besides God is muslim (3:64) and such person can be anywhere, not just among today's Muslim community known to the world. Most of Quran actually refers to believers rather than to muslims. Believers are more than just muslims. 
Well, that's what I find so far in Quran. I am still half way through though, but the others who have read and studied, have said the same. 

I am new to Quran though, so I tried my best to answer and clear confusion. I hope this helped. Tongue

P.S Anyway, that was kind of a long essay. I am glad you are back. Was boring in bw forum. LOL

Edited by _Darling_ - 24 December 2014 at 6:49am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

CricktFanFiery.FawkesKaanKeNiche

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 24 December 2014 at 7:53pm | IP Logged
problem is religions are too ambiguous. for example quran says you should never kill innocent people. but some people don't know how to interpret what innocent means. so they end up killing anyone who they don't find innocent in their own mind! since religions were formed a long time ago, the manner of writing wasn't the most refined, so there is huge amounts of ambiguity. combined with the fact that muslims are the MOST religious people. there is huge scope for violent fanaticism where the religion is not only misinterpreted but also being carried out by mad groups in their misinterpreted forms!

here in bhagvad gita there is ambiguous terms like "evil" but hindus are not very religious (eg, myself) so they won't read too deep into it. Also if you see the quality of education in india versus some islamic countries, ours is relatively better for what it's worth. That's why even the upper class muslims are really nice here. but for lower middle class and lower class muslims, there is always a risk of them not understanding their holy book properly.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.CricktFanFiery.Fawkes9tankiDeus_Vultatominis

I_M_SultaN IF-Addictz
I_M_SultaN
I_M_SultaN

Posted: 09 March 2015 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
as far as i understand my religion it is very tolerent and peaceful 
i cannot change ur opinoin about it tho

muslims reaction Muhammad mockery

"If good touches you, it distresses them; but if harm strikes you, they rejoice at it. And if you are patient and fear Allah, their plot will not harm you at all. Indeed, Allah is encompassing of what they do." [Quran, 3: 120]

Muslims and muhammad

"Take what is given freely, enjoin what is good, and turn away from the ignorant. [Quran, 7: 199]

reaction to mockery of muhammad

"Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided." [Quran, 16: 125]

After having peaceful discussions, and conveying the true nature of the life of the Holy Prophet (PBUH), if non believers still do not understand and admit their mistake, in that case, we should remind ourselves of the essential teaching of Quran, and the way of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH). First, taking the instruction of the Sacred Manuscript, we are directed to leave such matters to Allah as He knows the best of the best, and indeed is the most Sufficient in all matters.

Prophet and mockery reaction

Indeed, We are sufficient for you against the mockers. [Quran, 15: 95]

So, we should not let our faith in God go in vain by taking things in our hands in such matters, rather we need to have complete conviction in the fact that the contemptuous parties would soon get their return from the Almighty.

Now, taking example of the Messenger (PBUH) of Allah, being on the journey of Taa'if, was ridiculed and badly injured by the locals for His message of One God. He was offered a chance to destroy the town completely by the Angel of Allah, Jibrael (A.S). Instead of demolishing them, the Prophet (PBUH) prayed for them and asked Allah to give them guidance. If He (PBUH) did not take revenge on abusive and opposing matters relating to Him, so we should act on His Sunnah, and leave things in Allah's court. Certainly, He is Enough for all of us in every issue.

In short, being Muslims, we should always be ready for such things to happen, making sure we do not react in the same way as the non believers do, because mockery is forbidden and is close to ignorance. Second, we should be calm when we confront such irritating stuff, and converse with the opposite parties with civility. All the love for the Holy Prophet (PBUH) would go in vain, if we do not take this time as an opportunity to tell the uninformed ones about the Sunnah (way of life) of Him with concrete logic to clarify things. In the end, if it seems impossible to succeed in one's attempt, there is no need to be hopeless from the knowledge and Power of the Creator of the world of the worlds. May Allah Almighty make us love and protect the Character of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) in the most rightful way! Aameen!

there is some more ayats (verses)

"O mankind, we have created you from a male and a female, and made you into races and tribes, so that you may identify one another. Surely the noblest of you, in Allah's sight, is the one who is most pious of you. Surely Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware." (49:13) 

Mutual Co-Existence:

Another major threat that humanity faces at present is the religious intolerance of people. People across the globe are firm on their faith and they keep prejudice for the people of other beliefs and are intolerant of their existence or their belief. Islam is strictly against such attitude. Although there is strict alarm for those who don't believe, but Islam never encourages such use of force, aggression or prejudice against the people of other religion rather it takes them as their personal choice for which they would face the consequences. In Quran, Allah Almighty says:

"There is no compulsion in religion." (2:256)

From this ayah it is clear that Islam does not force other people to accept Islam, rather it is preached to others in the simplest matter without any coercion or force. The same fact is emphasized in another ayah in Quran in the following way:

"Everyone is allowed whether to believe or to deny: "Now whoever so wills may believe and whoever so wills may deny." (18:29)

Therefore, Islam gives freedom of choice to others even when it comes to the matter or religion. No matter Islam is the truth and every Muslim believes that Islam is the true religion and there is no flaw in it, however, a Muslim still needs to accept people of other belief and co-exist with them despite their differences. Thus, Islam is the most peaceful religion that preaches co-existence.

Justice:

The maltreatment of people is another dominant evil in the world at present, where the people with power abuse it and exploit the weak ones. Islam preaches that people should have a conduct which comprises of fair treatment and justice. When both these traits are present in the masses and people with authority, then they would value and protect each other, thus making the world a better place. In Quran, Allah says:

"O you who believe, be upholders of justice - witnesses for Allah, even though against (the interest of) your selves or the parents and kinsmen." (4:135)

In a nutshell, Islam gives the message of peace, love, equality, justice and fair treatment and the thing that makes it standout an ideal solution for the world is that all these messages are not limited to a particular religion or a group of people, rather they are universal in nature, thus they can be used to make the world a better place to live.

source : http://www.quranreading.com/blog/teachings-of-quran-that-can-turn-world-into-a-better-place-to-live/#sthash.t25KAtVo.dpuf

ofcourse there are some hardcore verses too i m not much in to it i m just another a ordinary muslims full of sins but from what i have know the context matters of that verses 

a wolrd can be a better if we ppl are tolerent towards each other beliefs or religions

u dnt interfere my belief  and i dnt interfere urs thats my policy live and let others live  and thats the teaching of islam as per me

ALLAH  Knows the better 

Edited by MaNeBhiPyarKiya - 09 March 2015 at 3:43pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

roohiniFiery.Fawkesclockworknerd..FallAndFly..-RisingAsh--shabz-AS-Rifi

atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 09 March 2015 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
I have read such translations too and would really like some explanation on those.

That said I agree with RTH that almost all religions have certain text that is violent and extremists take it too literally.

I also feel some with vested interests also deliberately add stuff or attribute violent statements to the prophets.

I think nowadays people need excuse to be violent. Buddhism was about nonviolence and peace no?

Why Buddhists are going the extremist way as well?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Fiery.Fawkesdare.devilAS-Rifi

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 09 March 2015 at 8:17pm | IP Logged
This is the exact reason why religion should not be in power, religion is dangerous!

Every religion is at war with one another and yet we never question why in the name of religion.

Edited by -Aarya- - 09 March 2015 at 8:19pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Fiery.Fawkesatominis

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 10 March 2015 at 1:25am | IP Logged
It is all politics..politicians are successful criminals...they knows that religious power and political power are interlinked...some use religious methods / ideas...they promise people things which have not materialized in thousands of years...Now a days the problem I feel few stupid ignorant people who have perverted Islam...they try to hijack Islam...people should condemning the crimes against humanity committed by ISIS  or any other powerful nation. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Fiery.FawkesAS-Rifi

9tanki IF-Rockerz

Posted: 10 March 2015 at 3:54pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Fiery.FawkesPantheradare.devilAS-Rifi

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 10 March 2015 at 5:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by 9tanki

My view is non of the religion teaches violence. All the holy book has a messages/ example to be a good human first. But there is always problem with some crazy extremist when they take the word as a message from God and when they become soldier to protect their belief. (Jihadis) 
I want to ask few question, why is that some people think extreme 
1. Why is holi or any festival not allowed to be celebrated openly in Islamic ruled country.
2. Why can't they accept people of different culture or background. Just as an example Kashmirir pandit were 20% of the population in Kashmir to now just 3400 family that lives in Kashmir because oneday a mosque called them kafir and they were given warning to leave Kashmir or get killed.

A critical question is why so many people turn to extremist religious systems in place of more benign ones, many of which are available..and those people who turn to extremist religious system, do they even pay attention to the ideology or beliefs?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Fiery.Fawkes

Go to top