Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Islam ?

Fiery.Fawkes Goldie

Posted: 21 December 2014 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

shrikrishnakhan_CricktFanQuixotic5-Aarya-sinisterstormsdare.devilApoorva_22SenpaiNOTICEME9tankiKaanKeNicheiMiniarsneh

KaanKeNiche IF-Rockerz

Posted: 21 December 2014 at 11:45pm | IP Logged

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

KaShCrazyAneesaFiery.FawkesQuixotic5ShadowKissescineraria.Sad.But.True.mcdreamy.

CricktFan Goldie
CricktFan
CricktFan

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 3:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Feiry.Fawkes

I have always heard "Islam is a peace loving religion" yada yada yada...

But then I also know some of the verses and things Quran state can be quite aggressive against other religions. Things are "People who don't follow Allah or Mohammad shall be treated in Hell" Or restrictions of how one can't marry non Islamic beings or one shouldn't worship Idols makes the religion sound very narrow minded and not as tolerant. Sometimes I feel some of the extreme interpretations of such restrictions or statements by the terrorists is causing such friction and violence around the world.

Yes, the topic can be sensitive. So please discuss it with an open mind and practically without going for each other's throats. Personally, I am not fond of religion in the first place for it creates division, but I can't overlook the fact that it does guide us to be good humans.

P.S: If I am wrong, do correct me. But I do know quite some about Islam and not a novice here.
P.S.S: And yes I know Islam doesn't teach killing etc etc. But I am just trying to debate how Islam can be quite "other religions-phobic " with such statements and harsh boundaries.
By killing those terrosits who are forcing an, killing and making other people like hell these terrosits are insulting islam  by their deeds .

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Fiery.FawkesMahek_No1AS-Rifi

anael24 IF-Dazzler
anael24
anael24

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 4:05am | IP Logged
Hey im very ignorant about the quran or bible of islam but one thing that was always a sensitive topic in my family was islam...whatever they would do they would literally be bashed and condemned by the members of my family.
And basically the fact that terrorists claim attacking humans in name of allah can quickly create a bomb at home!
My dad forbiddens me from having muslims friends and sometimes muslims act so mannerlessly.They tend to act as superior as you or will look down on you.They arent saints but will always try to lower your positions!
And so,having been implanted all this in my brain by my whole family,i too started feeling agony for them.Trying to ignore them as possible! But unfortunately...fate is unpredictable and i met a friend.A girl.I don't know how but the fact that she's muslim never bothered me.We chat everyday and laugh and make fun of each other and though the topic of terrorists arised soon between us,it didn't affect us.Rather after this we strengthened our bonds and i just decided to keep it secret from my dad that my bestie was a muslim!
But one day the matter bursted out and i found myself stuck between my frind and my parents..they were literally going mad and my bestie was aware about the thoughts of my parents but she just didn't ponder over the matter and her character immediately reassured me...be it as a friend..as a daughter or a member of the society..because muslim,chinese or african...her only company gives me so much pleasure that religion doesnt matter. I seriously never liked those muslims who more than worshipping god were venerating their religion! And my friend knew what to say at what time! I gradually gave a try to know more about how she does namaj or how to be veiled and for me it no more was a tabu discussion...i can ask her any question on her religion without feeling weird...

I think its the society and people's mind that restrict us from crossing certain boundaries! And im glad i crossed it...of course there's still the cheap people but in all religions there are mean humans...not because one says its forbidden or bad that we should follow the trend!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

roohiniFiery.FawkesQuixotic5Mahek_No1

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 7:32am | IP Logged
Almost every religion in the world has narratives that are violent and cruel. Almost all religions have certain rigid rules and restrictions. It becomes a matter of interpretation. Most people interpret it figuratively. Extremists interpret it literally. Some people interpret religion as fluid, that it changes over time, that there is flexibility, that there are no stringent rules but just guidelines. Others interpret religion as rigid, unchanging, without flexibility, that hard and fast rules must be strictly followed. 

In the end no matter what you believe, we as humans have a gift of critical thinking and reasoning. Our brains are the most capable amidst all animals. So don't blindly believe any person or book. Use the gift of reasoning to decide right and wrong, good and bad for yourself. 

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Fiery.FawkesPantheramaha2us-Aarya-Quixotic59tankinot.herecinerariaTheekThaak.Sad.But.True.-Nafisa-

Quixotic5 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 22 December 2014 at 11:44pm | IP Logged

shrikrishnaFiery.Fawkes9tanki

Fiery.Fawkes Goldie

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 9:00pm | IP Logged

shrikrishnaQuixotic5KaanKeNiche

Fiery.Fawkes Goldie

Posted: 23 December 2014 at 9:07pm | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

9tanki

Go to top