Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Its gonna get better.

I heard they have started the preparations of penning down a 3 Idiots sequel.😆

Just Imagine the hype.
bollykudi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
There is no one else like him! The man is seriously something else. I don't know how he manages to touch everyone's heart with his movies AND teach them something AND entertain like what? Maybe he's a robot...How can he be this good?
As Karan Johar recently said, every generation has their legend..and thats RajKumar Hirani for us! I completely agree!
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: hermione82

There are directors who can make consecutive hit movies like Rohit Shetty but when the quality of the movie is concerned there's no one like Raju Hirani. His movies are liked both by classes and masses which is a rare thing. Also all his movies are socially relevant and they don't preach. There's nothing over the top  yet they inspire you in a subtle way..I don't think any other director of Bollywood  has the capacity to do it.

I recently watched Rajeev Masand's round table with the producers (Karan Johar, Sajid, Ekta, Sid) and somehow Hriani's name came up.  Karan basically said what you said above.  He said that Hirani is the only one who can deliver commercial and critical acclaimed films.  He called Hirani and a genius and a living legend and said that none of them will ever be Hirani so they should accept it and admire his genius and move on knowing this fact.  

It is really hard to disagree with Karan here.  One other thing that I like about Hirani is that he keeps such a low profile that you know that he does all of this for the love of the art of film making.  That is equally as respectable in my opinion.  
KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
can anyone beat him in future?----- who knows...why not?

right now, he is the director who makes both massy as well as classy film IN MY VIEW.

success rate i think other directors have also good success rate
this is tricky because Rohit shetty directs one movie every year and crosses 100 or 150 crores... to make that money, a big chunk of people have to like and watch it... so i cannot say Rohit is not on equal footing with Hirani, both connect to masses equally through differnt brands of cinema.. i might not like his brand of cinema but i respect it  because a successful director is one who can make hits, it shouldn't matter whether it's hirani brand of cinema or rohit shetty brand of cinema.
Edited by KhanSinghTomar - 9 years ago
Mr.Chief thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hirani is unmatchable. 
Kabir has a good record as well.
I mean you question people in the street who know nothing about bollywood about who they know hirani or kjo and most would still say kjo . I think the 2 of them are tied as best directors last 20/25 years ðŸ˜›ðŸ˜›ðŸ˜›
raj80 thumbnail
Raju Hirani is the best director...It's only his movies which are commercially and critically successful...but that's due to the kind of hardwork and dedication he and his writing team specifically Abhijat  put for the movie which is commendable...for 4 years they have been working on it...they had to rewrite the second half as they felt it was similar to Inception... Edited by raj80 - 9 years ago
..Razia.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
The other thing which is so amazing
about his movies is that no matter how much
u watch his movies and u will never get sick of it
and wanting to keep on watching it all over again
Mani-RK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
In South from Tollywood we have Rajamouli ..Magadheera director who has 100% success and his films has good substance..also director Shankar except his 3I remake all his other movies are successful critically as well.
.Bongsookie. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Rohit Shetty has had flops. Just because his hits outweigh his flops doesnt rule out his flops.