**Together**- Arjun-Anjali OS

SUV_Ashton thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

The night had set in. Everyone had retired to bed. But she couldn't sleep. Talking to Akaash earlier hadn't helped either. She couldn't help but recall someone else.

"You deserve better" Arjun's words rang clearly in her ears. Anjali hugged herself tighter as the chilly wind that had somehow penetrated through a crack in the tent, sent shivers down her spine.

A commotion at the back of the tent brought her out of her transfixed state as she turned to see the source of the doldrum. The minute she stepped out of her tent a staggering Arjun crashed into her, the impact causing her to stumble and fall backwards, taking him down with her.

'Oh shit' he muttered as he tried steadying himself. She thought she had imagined it, but on a second whiff she knew what it was.
"Are you drunk?" she asked him, crinkling her eyebrows like she always did whenever she wanted an answer from anyone.

They managed to untangle themselves and sat at a little distance away from each other.

Arjun smiled. A very sad smile.
"Turns out, just one alcoholic drink could make you feel warmer" he said.

The way he had said it made Anjali forget all about chiding him for getting drunk on a mission. 

Arjun gazed away at some spot as if he were the only inhabitant of the tent and Anjali just didn't exist. She took this opportunity to get a good look young mountaineer. She noticed the dark circles that had formed under his eyes, the thin, almost invisible scar on his left cheek, and unmindfuly she reached out to stroke it.

Probably this sort of sudden bodily contact broke his trance and Arjun turned his head to face her. His dark eyes boring into her lighter ones. It was as if she had commited a heinous crime of touching him (one for which she had mentally chided herself), she began to remove her hand, only she couldn't, because just then, Arjun nuzzled against it. 

His moist eyelashes were difficult to miss. She didn't know, that she had it in her to comfort someone. But at that moment she found herself wanting to strongly protect him. 

She didn't remove her hand, instead cupping them against his cheek as she slowly stroked the scar with her thumb.

He sighed and shut his eyes, savoring her touch. 

'It's my birthday' he said quietly after a while. She gasped. She quickly glanced back to the digital watch that she always wore around her wrist.

It was 11.30 pm.  

'Why didn't you say so earlier, we could have...' 

She had to stop midway as Arjun broke into convulsive sobs. She had never seen him like this. If there was anyone she looked upto in this team after Col. Abhyinkar it was Arjun Sabarwal. He was the epitome of strength and confidence. 

But all she could see in front of her now was a broken and sad man. She sidled closer, closing the gap between them as she anxiously looked at him.

'Arjun. What happened?'

He didn't reply, just cried, tears rushing down his cheeks, seeping into her outstretched hand. She didn't what to do and as if some automatic instinct kicked in and she hugged him. Arjun didn't pull away, but instead allowed himself to be hugged as he rested his head on her bosom.

'They died on this day, 15 years back. My parents' he said slowly. She realized then, what a terrible thing that was, having to celebrate your birthday and mourn the death of your parents on the same day

She didn't know when his tears had caused her to sniffle as well. But she didn't show him pity, she knew better than to do that. Pity wouldn't bring them back.

'I'm all alone. All alone in this world.' he continued saying as silent tears slipped out of the corners of his eyes.

That's when she knew what she had to do.

He didn't need pity. He needed somebody. 

She slowly raised his head and cupped his cheeks with her hands. As she gently brushed away his tears. Their faces were barely inches apart, their noses touched and when she looked into those soft, dark and alluring eyes filled with emotion, she didn't what came over her, but she tilted his chin slightly and brushed her lips gently against his, lightly kissing him. 

He was too shocked to react at first. But gradually he settled for it and responded to it, kissing her back gently as if afraid that this momentary thing that they were sharing were to be a dream. And then just as suddenly as she had begun, she slowly pulled away from him, but didn't drop her hands, as she slowly but clearly whispered the following words.

'You are not alone.'  

Arjun nodded slowly gulping as he the feel of her soft lips still lingered on his own.

And then she let go and went out of the tent.

Arjun sighed, because the moment she had dropped her hands off him, he had felt all the warmth leave his body as his soul felt cold and numb once more.

He didn't know what exactly had transpired between them, but whatever it had been had given hope and warmth. 

She returned with a something hidden behind her back. And when she knelt down beside him did he see what it was, a chocolate cupcake, with a small candle sitting delightfully atop it.

She lighted it and looked at him smiling.

Arjun sighed and shook his head sadly.

'I haven't celebrated my birthday in 15 years Anjali'

She took his outstretched  hand into hers and squeezed it lightly.

'I'm sure if you're parents were alive they would have very much wanted you to celebrate your birthday. Always remember wherever they are, they are always watching you, protecting you and showering you with lots of love and blessings. They may not be alive today, but you should take this opportunity to thank them for bringing you into this world'

He pursed his lips, the raging emotions threatening to burst out in the form of a thousand tears at her words. No body had ever spoken to him like this. He had blamed himself for their death all these years and here was this girl, giving a new dimension to his pain and suffering.

Anjali glanced at her watch which basically screamt 11.58 pm on her face. She sighed and got up to walk over to him as she made space sat between his legs so that now they were on either side of her as she held out the lighted cupcake for him.
He held her hand that was holding out the cake. 
'Together' he said. She smiled and blew the candle out along with him. She held it out for him to take a bite and he mimicked her actions.

Arjun sighed wrapped his arms around her as she leaned into him. 

'Happy Birthday Arjun' she said.

Thank you' Arjun said,as he kissed the top of her head and she shut her eyes in contentment, her watch beeping indicating it was midnight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arjun-Anjali!!!! To the moon and back!!!!😳
Tada!!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ Although nothing seems to be happening as of now between these two, but I can't help but ship them. I somehow think they'd have a crackling chemistry if they were to be paired together. This was an emotional piece, that I just had to write πŸ˜‰

I hope you like reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. 

Do like and comment πŸ˜›πŸ˜› 

PM me if you wish to talk just about anything, and buddy me for future updates πŸ˜†

Edited by SUV_Ashton - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dexterity thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Woah !!
Brilliant work dear...

Just loved it...❀️

Simple and beautiful...

Keep them coming...
namya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice
Beautifully penned
-silentbang- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Lovely os... 
She supported him and was with him when he needed someone... . πŸ˜³... 
Plz pm me.. If you write anything on arjun and anjali.. πŸ˜Š
basket_101 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hey!
So to be honest, I have never watched the show.  Nor do I know anything about any of the characters.
I saw the PM, and was actually just going to delete it.
whoops πŸ˜†
But anyway.  I figured I wanted to read something new.  Something that wasn't about the characters I normally read about.
And so, I decided to read this.

Rest assured, I'm so glad I chose to read this fabulous piece of work!
You gave these two characters so much depth.  The emotions were very well portrayed through your words.
I enjoyed reading it so much!

For her to be there to make him see things differently!
It was amazing!

Thank you so much for the pm!
Will definitely wait for more pms from you, regardless of who you're writing on ;)

Lots of love,
Hinal πŸ€—
😑arjun  and anjali  are just brother and sister   freindship relation  so  stop posting nonsense  if u have some  manner or respect   . i think   whowever post this  he or she  i dont   who are  have relationship with their family member  shame on u .
dinazz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 2
oh wow. this is an amazing os. 
great work.
do write more on them..😊
_Shivani_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
it was awesome... I love it
HappyST thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
It was an awesome os...loved it.
Keep writing more...
apekshajain15 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sasha :D
I don't watch the show but yes I do know who they are..and thank god for that..coz I was imagining everything!!
I always loved yur writing.
Very nice : )