Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AGirlHasNoName thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Same here, I just don't like this whole idea of Aahil having two wives, it doesn't sit well with me. Maybe being a Nawab he can have more than one wife, I'm not familiar with Islamic marriage rules but I'm sure u can't just go out and marry someone else. There must be some rules, protocol that must be followed.
Like u said In this case, I don't even know if this marriage is even legal? Is her name really Sanam Ahmed Khan? And what about the fact that Aahil didn't even know that he was marrying her.
Gul better have some explanation on this, cuz as of right now for me Aahil and Sanam2's nikaah is invalid!
Originally posted by: rabees011

Ceratin men who are able to treat all equally (if they have the patience and capability) may have up to four wives but it is not recommended. It is only permitted under certain conditions such as infertility experienced by the first wife/inability to conceive or if the first wife is seriously ill which can be either physically or mentally and the children need a mother to be taken care of...then in cases as such if he feels he can treat BOTH or ALL FOUR equally in terms of time, money, luxury, and affection, then he should seek permission from the first wife to get married for the second time. In cases of infertility experienced by men, the woman must divorce the guy to get married for the second time. However, if it is experienced by the woman (and she is a good wife and they don't wish to be divorced but still wish to have children), then the guy can remain married to the first one and then seek her permission to marry a second wife...provided that none of the parties involved have an issue with it. Polygamy is allowed for certain men under certain conditions because there are more females in this world than males. Therefore, some females will be left out and those who will be deprived of matrimony, will probably want to get married and enjoy all the legal rights of a wife rather than living alone or being at the risk of engaging in pre-martital sex. That is why certain men have been permitted to marry up to four wives provided that he treats all of them equally at all times without being unjust even once. If a woman were to marry multiple men, then there would be confusion regarding paternity. In the case of Qubool Hai, Aahil was CONNED into an invalid marriage and CLEARLY he will NOT treat both of them equally. If he is not able to treat them all equally, then there will some fitnah (trials and tribulations) which he will have to face in this world as well as in the Hereafter (on the Day of Judgement or qayamat). So yes it is unjust for Gul Khan to show polygamy in this case as she seems hellbent on justifying it. Lastly, if  a woman wants, she can put include the condition of "no second marriage as long as I live" in the marriage contract (nikaahnama). 

In the case of our Prophet (peace be upon him), he never married a second woman as long as his first wife Khadija lived. After she died, many wars took place leaving behind many widows with children who were not able to provide for themselves. Hence the Prophet married such women to provide for them and their children...and he treated them all equally at all times as he was extremely patient. He did it for the betterment of those women, not for himself..i.e. his own comfort. 
Some people use his example to justify polygamy, but they fail to realize that the Prophet's intentions were poles apart from what today's men intend to do when it comes to engaing in polygamous relationships. I believe most guys wouldn't marry a woman for her betterment...most of them would want to do it for their own comfort. Therefore, one must think a million times before engaging in polygamy as it is not a free pass for men to look around and check out the beauty of other women (in spite of being married) so they can get married again by using the Prophet's example.

Anyways, Gul Khan will not inform the audience about all this. So I guess there's no point of bringing Islam to the forefront. I just wanted to clarify why and when is polygamy allowed.

Actually..male sex ratio is comparatively higher than females in India and in the countries that practice Islam. So that excuse doesn't gel. I'm not here for a religious debate but that excuse is ridiculous.

And one of my friend who is a Muslim and a guy, did clear it out to me years ago when I asked him about polygamy in the religion that they have to take special permission from the family and the wife to marry again. So Aahil's Nikaah isn't valid. Billi can claim that it's been 3 months and maybe Sanam is infertile but seriously 3 months is a short amount of time and it's not enough of a reason for this marriage at all. I wish they had thought of some other way of bring back focus towards KVB than this disgusting second marriage track. I hate hate hate polygamy. No woman deserves to be treated like an option. Pehli nahi toh doosri ke paas chala jaata hu. It's disgusting. I hope they intend to annul this marriage at some point. 
SheAish thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
sorry decided to delete the post after all...since I am beginning to sound like a broken record since these spoilers surfaced about 2 weeks ago in the forum.
Edited by SheAish - 9 years ago
rabees011 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: In-Sanity-Triv

Actually..male sex ratio is comparatively higher than females in India and in the countries that practice Islam. So that excuse doesn't gel. I'm not here for a religious debate but that excuse is ridiculous.

And one of my friend who is a Muslim and a guy, did clear it out to me years ago when I asked him about polygamy in the religion that they have to take special permission from the family and the wife to marry again. So Aahil's Nikaah isn't valid. Billi can claim that it's been 3 months and maybe Sanam is infertile but seriously 3 months is a short amount of time and it's not enough of a reason for this marriage at all. I wish they had thought of some other way of bring back focus towards KVB than this disgusting second marriage track. I hate hate hate polygamy. No woman deserves to be treated like an option. Pehli nahi toh doosri ke paas chala jaata hu. It's disgusting. I hope they intend to annul this marriage at some point. 

I do agree that the marriage track is disgusting. I also agree that his second marriage is invalid as he never sought permission from his first wife. I am just trying to point out when polygamy is allowed or permissible. I never said i agree with gul Khan's portrayal. just giving out general information. I NEVER SAID SANAM IS INFERTILE and yes I ALSO HATE this marriage track. Please read my post carefully.

In countries like India the male sex ratio is higher only because of practices like female foeticide and female infanticide. If these practices are stopped, then yes there will be more females than males in India. 

Most people like us may not like the idea of polygamy, but in this world there are some women who are not averse to the idea of marrying an already married man. I am just offended by the way you called the religious excuse ridiculous. 

It is true that there are more females than males. Islam allows polygamy not JUST because of this reason...it is a combination of various reasons and circumstances that make polygamy justified in Islam. 

It has been mentioned MANY times in the Qur'an that if he is a God-fearing man, and he feels he might not do justice to all of the wives, then he should MARRY ONLY ONE as that is the best option. Like I said, only certain situations and certain men are permitted...not all and the sex ratio is ONE of the reasons for it..NOT the ONLY reason. 
Edited by rabees011 - 9 years ago
Originally posted by: rabees011

I do agree that the marriage track is disgusting. I also agree that his second marriage is invalid as he never sought permission from his first wife. I am just trying to point out when polygamy is allowed or permissible. I never said i agree with gul Khan's portrayal. just giving out general information. I NEVER SAID SANAM IS INFERTILE and yes I ALSO HATE this marriage track. Please read my post carefully.

In countries like India the male sex ratio is higher only because of practices like female foeticide and female infanticide. If these practices are stopped, then yes there will be more females than males in India. 

Most people like us may not like the idea of polygamy, but in this world there are some women who are not averse to the idea of marrying an already married man. I am just offended by the way you called the religious excuse ridiculous. 

It is true that there are more females than males. Islam allows polygamy not JUST because of this reason...it is a combination of various reasons and circumstances that make polygamy justified in Islam. 

It has been mentioned MANY times in the Qur'an that if he is a God-fearing man, and he feels he might not do justice to all of the wives, then he should MARRY ONLY ONE as that is the best option. Like I said, only certain situations and certain men are permitted...not all and the sex ratio is ONE of the reasons for it..NOT the ONLY reason. 

About the female population. No one can predict which sex would get precedence if female infanticide is stopped. Maybe it will remain the same.

Hmm? I did not call the religious excuse ridiculous. I said the "Because women are plentiful, and everyone should get to experience married life, it's ok to practice Polygamy" is ridiculous. Why not the same rules for guys then? They need not know the paternity of the child the wife conceives, everyone can love the child as their own.

We are going way off topic from QH and may get warned. I did not intend to point or offend any religion of course.
Alina.Premeer thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
polygamy is allowed in islam not because female populatn was high or for child. it is allowed as some time a man may need to protect more than one woman. esp after wars were many men hav died and their widows needs protection so that others wont take advantage of them. so that such conditions its neccesary. plus in islam its a sin to live with a man who is not related to a her.
even today such circumstances may come..not just wars..that is why its allowed in islam ..but yes..you cant do it without the permisn of first wife
rakshaanra thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I have lost interest in the show which I have been watching fir last Two years

Pls keep writing wonderful stories, way better than the distasteful crap
Mini2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
even I dont like this polygamy track...
what does cvs wanted to show us bringing sanam 2...only crap...
hope she gets out of IM as soon as posiblešŸ˜”
astonm thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5
Ugh, I completely agree with you. Aahil getting married again doesn't sit right with me, at all. I honestly don't understand why they needed to drag her in, the show already have so many issues and angles to work with, it is really unnecessary. But the thing that bothers me even more is the fact that the wedding is practically void, Aahil wasn't aware of who he was marrying, and no one brings that up?

I am just so fed up with Qubool Hai tbh, I came back because of SaHil but they're literally being butchered in front of my eyes and it stinks. I haven't watched it since Sunheri found Sanam, I was planning on catching up but honestly I don't want to right now. The CVs manage to start out so well and then the show drags on to unrealistic tracks, and they butcher the characters + lose the magic somewhere. They did it with AsYa and now they're doing it with SaHil. 

WHAT IS COMMON SENSE MAN? I completely agree with you, Aahil is not going to be shown thinking about why Sanam is back, even though that is what a normal person will do. And we really don't need another negative character tbh, Tanveer is enoughhh. 

I hope the TRPs are so horrible that they end this polygamy storyline ASAP. But most of us aren't part of the TRP audience and it sucks because our opinions don't really count. 
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: astonm

Ugh, I completely agree with you. Aahil getting married again doesn't sit right with me, at all. I honestly don't understand why they needed to drag her in, the show already have so many issues and angles to work with, it is really unnecessary. But the thing that bothers me even more is the fact that the wedding is practically void, Aahil wasn't aware of who he was marrying, and no one brings that up?

I am just so fed up with Qubool Hai tbh, I came back because of SaHil but they're literally being butchered in front of my eyes and it stinks. I haven't watched it since Sunheri found Sanam, I was planning on catching up but honestly I don't want to right now. The CVs manage to start out so well and then the show drags on to unrealistic tracks, and they butcher the characters + lose the magic somewhere. They did it with AsYa and now they're doing it with SaHil. 

WHAT IS COMMON SENSE MAN? I completely agree with you, Aahil is not going to be shown thinking about why Sanam is back, even though that is what a normal person will do. And we really don't need another negative character tbh, Tanveer is enoughhh. 

I hope the TRPs are so horrible that they end this polygamy storyline ASAP. But most of us aren't part of the TRP audience and it sucks because our opinions don't really count. 

Agree! ASYA was so great till they gave Billi too much importance, did the Humbistar with drugged Asad. Billi pretended to be pregnant with Asad's child and wanted to con him into marriage. Then she got caught, and then when Zoya was in Ajmer, she tried to kill her like 3 times and she got saved from the flying Dupatta! I mean, this show at the start was SO sensible and then it became utter nonsense. Just when we thought it was getting better, they did Mukadar ka Khel and ZOYAAN! That pretty much did it for Season 1.

Then Season 2, they bring SAHIL. A fresh pair. They are hot, full of passion, full on Tashan etc etc! People start to fall for them.Then they get married, they start to understand each other. Aahil's Junoon turns into full blown love, and Sanam's attraction turns into tenderness and then love! That was EXCEPTIONAL to watch! We became more and more crazy over SAHIL. They were also shown so sensible. Like they fight over issues, but they resolve them. Sanam apologises to Aahil and him to her, when they knew they have over stepped the mark! They start to communicate. I loved all that about them!

Then came the TWIN swap. AHER, then Razia and her Chaals, then Con marriage, death of Razia, exit of Dilshaad. Entry of Sanam 2. Aahil MU Sanam and starts to drink and leaves home. Now he comes back to find Sanam as an "Item Girl" in his house! Rehan has disappeared without a trace. Another person who went to Delhi and never came back I guess?  RAHAFA disgusting drama! ALL utter CRAP!

How did this show go from being amazing, and fast paced to UTTER drivel in the past 2 months? Beats me! I guess people can get lessons from Gul Khan on how to butcher characters and how to ruin a good story! I am LOST as to why I still watch? I guess I am in love with KV! The heart wants what the heart wants! Kamabaqt Dil ko kaun samjayega? Lol
Edited by MrDarcyfan - 9 years ago