Pragya Drabble Diaries - Drabble 1

Aafrah-SA thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Well Hello guys!I somehow felt the FF Drabble Diaries was a little incomplete because it only said Abhi POV. I wanted to give my readers a glimpse of Pragya's mind too. What was going on in her mind all the while. So these are Pragya's POV. Some of the drabbles will discuss the same incidents mentioned in Abhi's diaries and somewhere it may be a little more, but if you read it together, I think it will be more fun! You can read it as an Individual story of as a continuation of Abhi Drabble Diaries. ðŸ˜ƒðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜³

If in case you want to read both, my suggestion is that you read Abhi Drabble Diaries first - the link :

Abhi Drabble Diaries

On that note, happy reading, and keep sending in your lovely comments on it!

1st February 2004

That oaf will never understand my actions - this I have accepted long back. It doesn't bother me now. I have learned to ignore his Oh My God, I am a rising Rockstar, Worship Me' attitude ever since our junior college days. But when he puts in extra effort to portray his dumbness and stands up against me, I lose it too. Take for example today. Does that blithering idiot Abhi know, that today was the last day of submission of our Political Science paper? It was put up in the notice board that if it wasn't going to be submitted today, the respective students will not be allowed to sit for the terminal examinations, but will also face suspension. The story goes back a long way - this paper was due some few months back, but students kept postponing it - when the news reached our vice chancellor, he had taken this drastic step. I had heard him telling some guy, he hasn't brought it today. I only wanted to buy him an extra day. I complained about him smoking in the last bench, so out of classroom code of conduct, he is thrown out of class. When the professor asked for submissions, I had told him that Abhi had left because he was thrown out of class, and thus I bought a day for him. I knew I would call Purab in the evening when he is with Abhi and casually bring up the topic - When Purab mentions it to Abhi, he would finally bring it tomorrow. - So all this was for his benefit right? But someone who knows him, will know that such sensible actions never seem to make sense to him. What did he do in return? He started bullying me in the canteen -"Oyi chashmish! Got your own self, kicked out of class after me? Awww..didn't get any other volunteer?", "OMG a free class and you're in the canteen? Let me guess, they have again called for pest control in the library to ward off book chewing pests and you?"- I lost it then. And to add to that is my BFF Bulbul, she is such a sweet and adorable friend otherwise, but when it came to Abhi, her head seems to fluff up somehow! As I sat there complaining about his loud attitude, she kept blushing over him - "Uff Pragya, I never understand why are you always so harsh with Abhi. He is so cute!" - This irritated the life out of me!

Yes, yes I know, I have a fair share of the blame too - why do I look out for Abhi? Well, truth is, I have always looked out for him. Ever since we were in grade 4. It all started when Abhi and his then BFF Raghav had started a game where they swapped lunches for a week. I would notice that everyday Abhi would bring cakes, muffins, cookies, patties etc. for lunch and Raghav would eat with joy, and in return Raghav would mostly forget to get his lunch, and when sometimes he did bring, he would bring just plain bread and cheese. It irritated me - I could see how Raghav was cheating him. I had gone one day and tried fighting with Raghav on his behalf and threatened to complain to the teacher, but instead Abhi came and screamed at me for fighting with his friend - yes, instead of finding out why I was shouting he fought with me - and It didn't end there, he punished me too for being rude to his friend - how? Well we broke my glasses just before arithmetic exams! "I am sooo sorry Prags for stamping on your specs, I did'nt realize you dropped it when I pushed you, by mistake of course"

I can't think of any one particular reason why I tried helping him numerous occasions ever since - every time of course he misunderstood me - maybe I wanted to be his friend - I wanted to be treated by him much the same way Sanaya was, or Monica was. Since childhood Abhi was a charmer, he took special care of his ladies. He was ever polite and helpful to them and each time I saw they took advantage of his niceness, that infuriated me - this maybe was one more reason why my need for protecting him became a habit - and for him, misunderstanding my actions and hating me had becoming one.

In the middle teens, I tried naming my protective nature for Abhi as my crush, at a little later at some point my love - but by junior college when he started dating random girls and developed his wannabe attitude, I shut out my heart for him - but the care still remained, subtle but there. Now of course he irritates me more than anything else - over time I think I have learnt to dislike him successfully, but looking out for him is more of a habit now that I have been exercising for more than a decade now.

Well my encounter with Abhi didn't end there at the canteen today, while I was returning home today, I saw from the corner of my eyes, he was driving down the lane - he honked his car behind me - I pretended to ignore. I was enjoying my moment of glory - rarely would I get the opportunity to disturb his life - and after he having compared to book eating pests today, he sure deserved it. Well, as usual he brought his head out of his shiny toy and started saying gibberish. "Oyi Ms. Blind Chashmish! Along with your eyes, have you even lost your ears too? I have been honking for so long! Cant you move aside?". I resisted the urge to laugh and snapped back at him with driving rules, it irritated him more, much to my pleasure. But Purab intervened right there. Even though I love my brother Purab, but he always comes in between me and Abhi whenever I am about to win a fight against him. He did so too today. He intervened and changed the subject. I just sighed as he hopped out of Abhi's car to walk me  back home as Bulbul had left early today.

Dear Abhi, if you happen to read this someday - We are not even yet! I will get back at you soon! Till then toodles!

Edited by aafrah - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
YAY RES

unres

omg awesome! want more now aaack!! and all the more intriguing since we know the parallel storyline! love always protective pragya and this bond that goes back forever. and whooo is this raghav omg!

fantastic work aafrah! hugs and kisses to you for giving us this treat :)
Edited by -mina- - 9 years ago
sudanindia2014 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Afrah .. I like what you wrote but I'm like a BIG fan of the dearies and to have Pragya's too was the icing on the cake for me.. thanks .. wait to read the rest soon 
sara7iris thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
OMG it's the turn of pragya Drabble .we will finally know the story of pragya... awesome and wonderful ... I love it ...I looked forward to read more...pls update soon 
--simmi-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This was great!!! I loved it!! Cannot wait for more!!
rbb1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
This is really great I hope Abhi gets to read this one and find out how she tried to help him
Miss.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Loving it Aafrah!! You're the best-est(I know that is not a word but its the only one I can think of!) Loving Pragya's thoughts!! Cannot wait to see how it progresses and it would be good to know what her thoughts are for some of the situations that they were in together!!! Please update soon..
abhigya2003 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I am sooo loving it can't wait for more
-Nimmy- thumbnail
update soon aafrah 
reading the story from pragya 's pov is sooo different 
u r fabulous
pleaseee update soon 
Miss.M thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Aafrah!!!
I went on a major Aafrah stalk today!!! and found this incomplete gem of work!! Please continue soon!! 

I might be randomly commenting on other incomplete pieces as I find them :P