Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: Bamonforever

Just to let every one know that last night's SPN midseasonfinale episode grossed the highest ratings in the last four f**king years . 👏 Phenomenal episode. Kudos to the writing team. 😳

Yayyy , that's really an amazing news . 😃 
I saw Misha tweeted it . 
~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: herms_angel

So, I think more than anything else my main issue with this season is how directionless it is even after 10 episodes down. And I absolutely hate the fact that they are letting so many ideas and so many opportunities go waste. Now, I get how difficult it is to be in a writers or runner's seat and come up with genius ideas and incredible tracks to keep audience hooked. Especially for a show that's completed its 9 seasons and to still keep the freshness intact is tough. 

However, season 8-9 have showed so much potential and scope that at one point of time I was of opinion that may be the show could even do a 15th! But all they seem to do is open up a dozen tracks,  explore them all a bit, trash it somewhere along the way or wrap them up way too soon and jump to introducing another dozen of tracks. Why can't one good arc be explored to its fullest and than proceed to the next or may be explore a few of them to its maximum potential simultaneously and then, bring upon a conclusion. 

Carver said he had a three year story arc freaking set. Thats the plan he came up with when he started off. This is the third year and the arc has drowned somewhere. I like Carver as a showrunner better than Gamble of course. But this season makes season 7 feel like golden. 

Last year too there were multiple tracks with absolute no conclusion to more than half of them.It's just how things have become. I feel like nobody keeps tracks of continuity in this show anymore. The new writing team sucks and I will keep saying this. They don't know what show they are even writing for anymore. I can't explain it better than what this person wrote on tumblr.Have a look.

http://letterstolocke.tumblr.com/post/104835662935/supernatural-10-9
Edited by ~*sindhu*~ - 9 years ago
~*sindhu*~ thumbnail

Season 8 - Men of Letters : Yes, I know they introduced Henry, explained the Henry-Abbadon connection and explored a few cases. That was great, agreed. But is that it? Wasn't bunker supposed to be a place full of inexhaustible information, history and never ending mysteries? You are bound to expect more on that front because the Winchesters are its legacies. 

Season 9 - Sam's left over grace : Even after Cas injecting out Gadreel's angel grace, I remember it very clearly that there still was some left over grace in Sam. And Cas seemed so worried like it were some impending doom.

Season 9-10 - Mark of Cain, Demon Dean, Cain-Abel/Dean-Sam pararells : We all know how mercilessly Demon Dean arc was wrapped up in 3 odd episodes even after having promised this year to be of Deamon Dean. Mark of Cain, we're still in the middle of the season so can't be sure of where its headed to. But if they don't include the parallel and explore MOC to its fullest and make sure its up to the mark, boy, I'm gonna be so mad. 😳 

Season 8-10 - Crowley's humanity : The trials were almost completed,  Crowley was almost a human again. You'd expect him to have very serious troubles with his humanity lurking dangerously inside of him. Yes, I remember the human blood shots, not getting over 'adventures of Crowley and Squirrel' and showing human emotions for Rowena. But like I said, more severe, serious and frequent. 

PS Did I mention I cannot stand Rowena? Like not at all! To me, she just comes across another Abaddon whose strength as a character is just very unappealing and uninteresting. 

PPS I would have mentioned something about the angel business but ever since a few seasons I remain so confused about it all that I have actually stopped bothering about them excluding Cas, ofcourse. 

The Bunker is their reference library now.Yes it has been reduced to that. Because Bobby's house is burned down they needed one. So there,

Sam's leftover grace has been traded for Dean's MOC. Which is pretty good for me not like they would have shown much of Sam's side of suffering anyways. I would rather have Dean and his struggle over it then continuously read fanfics and fandom write ups to understand Sam's struggle.

Well Cain is coming back so u know maybe. Not that I m hoping for anything 😆

Crowley for me is Sam part 2. You know he has a lot more humanity or whatever they call for demon emotions than before. With his Mom around I guess it might get explored but thats mainly if the writers remember what happened in season 8. I don;t think they even rememver what happened in the first epi of season 10.So yeah I don't know.

I used to like Abaddon. i feel like she got a sorry death sequence. When she entered I thought she will be their toughest fight. Apparently not so much. I have the same hope with Rowena. Because witches always over power the Winchesters. I m sure I will be proven wrong.

The angels storyline is more than over. They are still around only cause the writers have no idea what to do with Cas without that background. This is the state of the writing department. They can't even fit him with the Winchesters. 😆 I miss the old writers. I miss Sera's angsty stories. I miss Ben Edlunds humor and him writing Cas and Sam. Atleast Sam was character under his writing. Sam cardboad cut out these days.And u know the best part about them? They would hardly ever be on Twitter 😡
annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I bow down to whoever owns that account on tumblr. It couldn't have been written in a better way and the person points out the EXACT problems this particular season is facing and also stated the fact that its quite evident. 

Is there some way this post could reach Carver and the team of writers? THEY NEED TO READ IT SO BADLY. 

I genuinely feel the absence of Kripe, Edlund and all those people who knew to write and run a show. GET KRIPE BACK ON BOARD PLEASE. 😳
annihilation thumbnail
Originally posted by: ~*sindhu*~

The Bunker is their reference library now.Yes it has been reduced to that. Because Bobby's house is burned down they needed one. So there,

Isn't that such a shame? 😳 I remember being so excited for MOL when it was first introduced to us in S8.

Sam's leftover grace has been traded for Dean's MOC. Which is pretty good for me not like they would have shown much of Sam's side of suffering anyways. I would rather have Dean and his struggle over it then continuously read fanfics and fandom write ups to understand Sam's struggle.

No, I was hoping that left-over grace would power up Sam or prove to be beneficial and not detrimental. 😆

Well Cain is coming back so u know maybe. Not that I m hoping for anything 😆

I'm hearing this for so long now. I hope he doesn't show up in the 23rd episode. 

Crowley for me is Sam part 2. You know he has a lot more humanity or whatever they call for demon emotions than before. With his Mom around I guess it might get explored but thats mainly if the writers remember what happened in season 8. I don;t think they even rememver what happened in the first epi of season 10.So yeah I don't know.

That sucks, doesn't it? 😳

I used to like Abaddon. i feel like she got a sorry death sequence. When she entered I thought she will be their toughest fight. Apparently not so much. I have the same hope with Rowena. Because witches always over power the Winchesters. I m sure I will be proven wrong.

I never liked Abaddon and I didn't like how she ended either. Rowena, I cannot stand her. Period. 😳 (Why I can't is also very well explained in that tumblr post)

The angels storyline is more than over. They are still around only cause the writers have no idea what to do with Cas without that background. This is the state of the writing department. They can't even fit him with the Winchesters. 😆 I miss the old writers. I miss Sera's angsty stories. I miss Ben Edlunds humor and him writing Cas and Sam. Atleast Sam was character under his writing. Sam cardboad cut out these days.And u know the best part about them? They would hardly ever be on Twitter 😡

That's so sad, he's a main character now and the writers have no clue how to fit him in there sensibly. Edlund understudied Sam? 😲 I never knew that. Explains how Sam was such a well-written character until a few seasons ago and now he's mostly reduced to being superfluous. 

~*sindhu*~ thumbnail

I bow down to whoever owns that account on tumblr. It couldn't have been written in a better way and the person points out the EXACT problems this particular season is facing and also stated the fact that its quite evident. 

Is there some way this post could reach Carver and the team of writers? THEY NEED TO READ IT SO BADLY. 

I genuinely feel the absence of Kripe, Edlund and all those people who knew to write and run a show. GET KRIPE BACK ON BOARD PLEASE. 😳

They are getting criticized on twitter plenty 😆 You should read some of the jokes they made. They are hillarious. I love how when nothing goes right they all just start trolling the epi 😆, They are like story or not atleast we will get the nielsen rating with this 🤣 Sadly Carver doesn't have a  twitter account. Not one that I know of atleast. I don't think it changes anything except for the last few epis. All other scripts are already written,submitted and even shot. They are preparing for 14.So till epi 17 it's done and locked. last 6 epis won't change much I guess. And if Carver really have a story arc that is this season is all about personal stuffs, no matter who says what it's not gonna change. I even heard that he said that there might not be any big bad this season.

Kripke is not coming. I think he genuinely didn't have a story after season 5. Thank God he concluded when he wanted to though otherwise we would have missed out on season 5.Plus Carver is writing a movie for WB. I don't know how he is managing both.

~*sindhu*~ thumbnail

Oh I have some good news I guess.

There he is coming back before epi 23rd 😆 Most probably for epi 13 or 14.

Wow now I m upset that I couldn't even comprehend Sam and powerful together. I have given up hope on Sam or something. 💔 

I think what made Abaddon or now Rowena interesting to me is I want to know how they are gonna tackle them. Remember those fine happy gorgeous time when demons used to scare you 😆 before they found a ruby's knife. Yeah this was the same case. Because Knight of Hell couldn't be killed and I felt she is going to be dangerous. Now they didn't quite explore that, well thats another issue, But for me it felt like u know they will have to go through heaven and hell to find answers on how to defeat her just like they had to for Lucifer. numerous hunts with no answers and more struggles and stuffs. Whatever makes the story interesting. I thought they hardly concentrated on Abaddon. They were more after Metatron. iI don't even know why he exists when Abaddon didn't. One of my friends was like because the writers are nerds and they want to prove nerds win in the end. Now that makes me happy for some reason but I still don't like Metatron and his craziness.

No No I don't think Edlund understudied Sam. I meant he wrote him better. There are times when he wrote a total Dean centric epi and he put one scene that explained Sam for the whole epi. Like on the head of a pin. It was a total Dean epi and his survival of hell memories but that constant frustration from Sam to reach Dean. Even in Blood Brother, whole time Dean was with Benny and it was all about them and u still knew what Sam felt the whole while. 
Edited by ~*sindhu*~ - 9 years ago
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Personally, I'm very relieved & glad that Deanmon is not back in this epi . I didn't want him back so fast ( that is, if he ever comes back ) .
Well, I loved this epi much more than the 200th epi, that'd explain exactly how much I loved it .
Also, it seems to be the perfect time to bring Claire Novac back into the story . Loved her EVERY FREAKING interaction with Cas & her solo scenes as well . Hopefully, she is here to stay & we will get many more scenes of her in the upcoming episodes . 😃

Can we once again have a round of applause for our BRILLIANT writers ?? 👏
annihilation thumbnail

😳

They are getting criticized on twitter plenty 😆 You should read some of the jokes they made. They are hillarious. I love how when nothing goes right they all just start trolling the epi 😆, They are like story or not atleast we will get the nielsen rating with this 🤣 Sadly Carver doesn't have a  twitter account. Not one that I know of atleast. I don't think it changes anything except for the last few epis. All other scripts are already written,submitted and even shot. They are preparing for 14.So till epi 17 it's done and locked. last 6 epis won't change much I guess. And if Carver really have a story arc that is this season is all about personal stuffs, no matter who says what it's not gonna change. I even heard that he said that there might not be any big bad this season.

So, basically the season' s done with and in all probability,  its not going to be great. 😳 I could do without a big bad this season but I need them to 'actually' play out the tracks.

Kripke is not coming. I think he genuinely didn't have a story after season 5. Thank God he concluded when he wanted to though otherwise we would have missed out on season 5.Plus Carver is writing a movie for WB. I don't know how he is managing both.

I know he isn't. Its just me and my wishful thinking. Oh wow, clearly shows he needs help to manage writing both effectively. So, I'll still say Kripe, please help this guy out here. Officially, unofficially,  whatever works. SOMEBODY. ANYBODY. 😳

Edited by herms_angel - 9 years ago
annihilation thumbnail

Oh I have some good news I guess.

There he is coming back before epi 23rd 😆 Most probably for epi 13 or 14.

Thankgoodness. 😆

Wow now I m upset that I couldn't even comprehend Sam and powerful together. I have given up hope on Sam or something. 💔 

I still hope deep down that someday that day will come. #wishfulthinking.

I think what made Abaddon or now Rowena interesting to me is I want to know how they are gonna tackle them. Remember those fine happy gorgeous time when demons used to scare you 😆 before they found a ruby's knife. Yeah this was the same case. Because Knight of Hell couldn't be killed and I felt she is going to be dangerous. Now they didn't quite explore that, well thats another issue, But for me it felt like u know they will have to go through heaven and hell to find answers on how to defeat her just like they had to for Lucifer. numerous hunts with no answers and more struggles and stuffs. Whatever makes the story interesting. I thought they hardly concentrated on Abaddon. They were more after Metatron. iI don't even know why he exists when Abaddon didn't. One of my friends was like because the writers are nerds and they want to prove nerds win in the end. Now that makes me happy for some reason but I still don't like Metatron and his craziness.

I don't know how they are going to tackle them, not that they have handled Abaddon well that Rowena will turn out to be a one of those good baddies. 🤔 Ofcourse, I do remember. How could I possibly forget the likes of Azazel, Lilth, Alastair, Ruby (yeah, even after demon knife came into picture) Lucifer, Zachariah? When I think of these good old baddies, the likes of Abaddon and Rowena make me cringe. 😳 Its almost as if I am allergic to red-haired people or something. 😆

No No I don't think Edlund understudied Sam. I meant he wrote him better. There are times when he wrote a total Dean centric epi and he put one scene that explained Sam for the whole epi. Like on the head of a pin. It was a total Dean epi and his survival of hell memories but that constant frustration from Sam to reach Dean. Even in Blood Brother, whole time Dean was with Benny and it was all about them and u still knew what Sam felt the whole while. 

Oh, alright. All of those episodes you mentioned and The End too. Those writers back then actually knew and understand the characters they were writing. The writing these days at times makes me question if the new team does know anything about Supernatural or not? 😳

Edited by herms_angel - 9 years ago
Previous
1 2 3 4 5 6
Next