Ashiesh marrying his lover!!!!

sumaira.daud thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
36-yr-old Ashiesh to marry 21-yr-old lover
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   June 11, 2005

[email protected]
AGE NO BAR: Shikha and Ashiesh plan to marry regardless of their parents' blessings
Ashiesh Roy, who recently quit Zee's Yes Boss and SaharaOne's Adaa, has firmly chalked out his marriage plans. In March 2006, Roy will give sanctity to his five-year affair with girlfriend Shikha Kalra.

Kalra, who hails from Delhi, works as a jewellery designer in Mumbai. The couple first met in Delhi, almost seven years ago, when Shikha was just 14 years old. Shikha's family used to rent out their house for film and TV shootings.

How it all began

Says Shikha, "I was quite smitten by him but could not muster up the courage to tell him. He was friendly but never romantic."

But the couple kept meeting because Roy too is from Delhi. Two years later, when Shikha was 16, the two of them went to see the film
L A Confidential together.

"We went in as friends, but were lovers when we came out of the theatre. I don't know what hit me in the dark. I smooched her. She did not pull away," laughs Ashiesh.

Shikha moves to Mumbai

Ashiesh decided that he should keep away from Shikha. Apparently, the age difference was playing on his mind. The couple did not meet for two years thereafter. "But we kept in touch via phone and letters sometimes. I could not forget him," reveals Shikha.

Soon, Shikha landed a job in Mumbai. "But I made the mistake of telling my parents that I liked Ashiesh. They were dead against me moving to Mumbai.

They were shocked to know that I had fallen for a guy who was 15 years older to me, that too at an age when I was not even 18. They thought I had lost my sanity," says Shikha. Adds Ashiesh, "Her parents thought I had seduced a kid."

Against the wishes of her parents, Shikha arrived in Mumbai. "She asked me point blank if we could be together," chuckles Ashiesh, adding, "The rest as they say is history."

Parents not enthusiastic

While Shikha's parents still haven't recovered from the age difference between the couple, they are extremely peeved that their daughter wants to pick her life-partner from the glamour world.

"They say relationships and marriages don't last here. Time and again, when I go to Delhi, we have major fights. They refuse to accept Ashiesh," says Shikha.

On the other hand, Ashiesh's mother too is not enthusiastic about having a bahu who is 15 years younger than her son.

"But I don't care. I will not ditch Shikha. My family members have shifted from Delhi to Kolkata, so my mother is there for most part of the year. Besides, we may stay separately from my mom so that there is no animosity ever," says Ashiesh.

Come what may, we will marry

"We have decided to get married by March next year," Shikha says, putting her arm around Ashiesh. "We will wait for our parents' blessings till that time. Else we will go ahead and legalise this relationship."

Ashiesh stays in Lokhandwala Complex in Andheri, while Shikha lives as a paying guest in Yari Road.

[email protected]

Ashiesh's assignments

Present:
Maryada (Doordarshan)
Prratima (SaharaOne)
Remix (Star One)
Home Sweet Home (Zee Smile)
See No Evil Hear No Evil (Paritosh Painter play)

Future:
Ou Aa Ouch (Zee Smile)
Home Delivery (Sujoy Ghosh film)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

remixfan thumbnail
i came across this post whi was this guy on remix
justmedj thumbnail
this is chaudhary sir da eco prof...whus alwayz at loggerhaeds wit rd sir
luv_ranveer thumbnail
OMG. This is so wierd. Love see no boundaries. 😆
aditiyuvi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks for the interview..what the big deal abt the age when the ppl r in love 😊