Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ashokaps thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
may 12

Shiv Uma as Shivling [ yoni is part of Shivling ] and [Purusha Prakriti  ] as fertility and nature energy gods [ both positive and negative] were worshiped in all over India since time immemorial.           They might have been called by many names. Well they do have more than 1000s name having many meanings. [Purusha Prakriti  ] Fertility and nature energy gods [both positive and negative] were worshiped all over the world since time immemorial.

Pasupati sect is very old, has meaning both literal, lord of animal forest. Abstract, lord of souls, bhoota and for bhakt a way of very exact yog bhakti which Shiv also practiced.

[Parvati first was known as Uma Himavati  in Upanishads, Mahabharata, Valmiki Ramayan. later got names like Parvati, Kali, Gauri and Durga among many others in Mahabharata, Valmiki Tulsi Ramayan Purana, Tantra and folk legends. Parvati name as Sati was given in Purana, Tantra Tulsi Ramayan and folk legends while different part of India still gave Parvati many more beautiful names and myth legend] [All the myths telling the story related to Parvati names are very romantic, at the same time they give vidya of Shiv Prakriti. Sigh the magic of union of Shiv Parvati  Purusha Prakriti  tandav]

[In Veda Ambika name was given to Rudra sister and dark demon's Goddess working with Rudra was Nirriti and Ratri. Ambika Nirrti Ratri followed and helped Rudra. Other goddess who are essence of Prakriti had allegory relation with Rudra lord of storm, vastopati, vaidnath, Jvarapita, marutpita, lord of animals - pashupati, vanspati, lord of bhoota, archer, holding shula, shulapani, yogi, destroyer of tripura and Daksha yagya, Shiv, Mahadeva ]

[But it's also said Parvati took many birth before finally uniting with Shiv as Parvati . Shiv mundmala have mund from Parvati every birth. Parvati many birth and Shiv wearing her mundmala is a take on meaning of Purusha Prakriti enduring relationship and love. The tandav of the very essecnce of life, truth beauty Shiv.] more on this later

[ veda mahabharata purana Tantra temple lore ]

[Parvati took birth 108 times.108 being Parvati, 108 birth has relation with Prakriti Purusha vidya. 108 is a very important number in our myths and vidya.] [Shiv yogini and matrika permutation has been known to go up to 108.]  [Later chemistry told us there is 108 elements in universe.][In Sanskrit there are 108 alphabet of which 54 Purusha Shiv and 54 Prakriti Parvati ]  [1+8 = 9 is also very important, 9 is brahamana so in 108 births Parvati united with Shiv.] [ also there are navdurga, navrasa] [it is on 9th day of navratri Shiv Parvati Shidharatri is Aardhanarishvar]

All Gods names are numerically 108 or 1008 equalling 9. [We can write a thesis on 108, 9 effecting the whole universe]

In reality Shiv does marry only once for Parvati  and Sati are one. In Purana Parvati birth as Sati was written to show the meaning of many ways to Shiv and the problem you face while doing it. For Parvati shows both the problem you face and how you can do it. While Sati shows the problems you face even after you think you have found the way.

ashokaps

Edited by ashokaps - 9 years ago
ashokaps thumbnail
may 12

[It was a great gift by Parvati Shiv to tell us the journey of Prakriti Purusha . Uma Shiv suffered so that we can know how to make the journey to Shiv and we also got the gift of Prakriti energy centre's as Prakriti different parts as we are blessed with 12 jyotirlings and panch bhoota Shivling temples] [for Shiv the whole universe in Prakriti  and the bindu that he puts on Parvati forehead is energy center but we human need smaller and bigger centers so that we can take care of it as well take blessing. ][For Parvati Kali Shiv is in Prakriti  and every being in it but again for human need concentrated jyotirlings were made by Shiv to worship and take blessing. For in general going out is easier than going in.] More on this later

While Kali and Durga have their own story to tell and give us vidya as do indeed the Das Mahavidya NavDurga and Sapt or Ashtmatrikas about Shiv love and devotion. Similarly Shiv tells us about Parvati  [Prakriti  lila] with much love. 

[Once Parvati asked her Bhola swami very innocently, from all her Prakriti 's forms which one he loves the most. Shiv said with much love, he loves her in all forms like different ritu of Prakriti . But Bholi like very loving wife wanted to know the best form for her swami. On her persistence Bhola said very innocently kali. To say Uma was shocked if not upset for does she not take Gauri, Lalita roop after long hard tapasya and her Bhola loves kali the most. Kali, yes Parvati , it will a blessing for me to be worshiped with you always in this form. Your feet will always stay only on my heart. Parvati  tears flowed hearing her swami loving words. Shiv with great love wiped Parvati face.]

The creation of energy center was shown with great devotion.
Satis parts becoming Shaktipeeths and all Shaktipeeth having their own kal bhairav are in Kalika puran and other Devi Puranas which were written in Assam and Bengal. Sati body that Shiv is carrying is not actually her body but the personification of his pain for Sati which Vishnu sudrashan chakra cuts to bring Shiv out of it. Sati after yogsmadhi was bhasm which Shiv as vayu[wind] showered all over Prakriti .[vidya]

Sati taking yogsmadhi and Parvati Prakriti energy surrendering to Shiv bhola are vidya that only by destroying ego of life can we unit with Shiv.

Sati myth is short and time bound. But written with loving devotion in purana, Sati birth, tapasys boon marriage, Shiv giving her vidya on devotion gyan and Ram . their beautiful honeymoon . their attending yagya together [ all of this read like Parvati Shiv life] and then the four promises given by gods Sati start taking effect and lastly Sati goes to yagya alone and takes yogsamadhi.

Sati the jiva leaves Shiv but Sati the truth returns to him after taking birth as Parvati for Shiv is satya sundara Shiv Parvati Prakriti loving swami.

all the myth and action is written for Parvati  with loving devotion for everything was already written for Parvati  and the time of her birth in kalchakra was fixed. Even Daksha has to take birth again so that Daksha yagya happens again as it did in Parvati time. 

Uma tears flowed in hurt and she kept on saying she will go on tapasya so that Shiv is invited to yagya made Shiv Virabhadra Bhadrakali Rudra destroy Daksha yagya to make Uma happy by Shiv worship. Virabhadra is also called remover of Uma tears. [mahabharata purana]

ashokaps
ashokaps thumbnail
may 12

Sati is as loving blessed a form of Parvati as Durga Kali Kamakhya Kamakshi Meenakshi Kanyakumari  Akilandeswari Matsya navdurga ashtmatrika das mahavidya 64 yoginis .

Prakriti told Vishnu and Brahma she will take birth as Uma. Prakriti cursed all gods to suffer as
Shiv is like human now. [ Prakriti included herself in that curse ] all scriptures]

In many Purana's after Sati yogsamadhi Shiv is suffering and wondering like human and talking to dream Sati. As it was shown but in Purana it is said that kamdev shot him to make him suffer like that. Prakriti promised Shiv she will take birth again for him.

while wondering Shiv had met sapt rishis in the forest where they had not realised its Shiv.
[Bhikshatana myth]

Shiv has created many jal kund for Parvati.

rishi Dadhichi at Daksha yagya is in Mahabharata and Purana.
Dadhichi standing up to asura with Shiv devotion is a take on myth of king Kshuva Dadhichi fight which showed the value of devotion over might and domination of any king, asura and god.

Guru Shukra devotion to his mata Parvati and Mahadev is shown with  loving devotion

When Shiv breaks down below the tree on seeing Rudra Parvati veena and Nandi calls Shiv Jata sister and nephew to bring Shiv out of his grief who is Hara of his devotee pain is a take on a very adorable myth.

Shiv in Mahakaleshvar jyotirling myth had blessed the boy [who was used in Jata mama myth] to start Nanda race of Gokul in which Uma will be born as Maya Durga and they will have the blessing of raising Krishna [grin, more on Krishna later]. In another myth when Shiv breaks down under the tree it is Vishnu who comes to bring Shiv out of grief.

After much wondering Shiv went in Samadhi, then after Parvati birth went to Himalaya to do dhyan [he couldn't stay away from her even if he refused to even look at her when she used to come to serve him in his dhyan and puja very lovingly but he was very impressed by her beauty innocence devotion and thought her husband would be very lucky ].[yup wise man]

Asuras making everyone suffer and killed are taken from asuras stories and shown here. [Weapon of mass destruction is mentioned in Veda and Purana and epics. it is also allegory to nature destruction by everyone ] Shiv absorbing  the weapons in himself. Mahakal [mahabharata]

Prithvi devi who is part of Prakriti  was shown emotionaly well.

[ Prakriti is Parvati and Lakshmi, Parvati is mother while Lakshmi is Durga daughter with Saraswati. that is why in Durga pandal they are shown as her children. Lakshmi as Sita is also born of Prakriti and Sita worships Gauri  Shiv. And Shiv the father gives his dhanus for her marriage and also his ansh takes birth as Hanuman to help and serve Rama and Sita by becoming Rama devotee and Sita son. He stays with them all his life and when they leave Hanuman stays immortal to help all mankind for we all are Shiv Parvati children. ][ and as Rama Vishnu married Sita and as Vahara Vishnu saved then married Bhoo Devi who is Lakshmi only. ]

The creative's finally showed the story written of Sati very lovingly and thoughtfully in one month.

Parvati as Sati called Shiv Shiv or Mahadev but in all the scriptures Sati or Parvati always call Shiv swami or describe his names with nath or pati very lovingly but apparently to appeal to young fans Parvati Sati called Mahadev Shiv. As it did bring young fans closer to Shiv Prakriti, it was very good they did it.

Shiv was filmed while doing tandav larger than life as he should be nothing else can be seen. And the instruction given to him to emote was very emotional and was shown very lovingly

Virabhadra and BhadraKali were hunting and beautiful and emotional and romantic.

Shiv as Rudra , tandava, Virabhadra, Ashutosh , Bhola, human, Kalbhairav, Shiv in samadhi was shown very lovingly and romantically

Shiv tandav bhola vairagi friend father god lover husband was shown very lovingly

Kalika Purana, Devi Purana, Shiv Purana and many other Purana, Mahabharata, Tulsi Ramayana, sutra, shastra, tantra, Veda, folktale.

ashokaps
ashokaps thumbnail
hi
sbk2, mnx12, kaatayani, mmroyalkaterick, aparupanath, naina2010, rinall, Surya_krsnbhak and everyone else who have  visited our forum.

Happy new year.

and i know i end up writing to much in my happiness, so for next months i will write and post in parts. and thanks for reading.

But before i do that i would like to thank the makers and everyone who were part of dkdm in front and behind the camera for one day or from dec 11 to may 12 [actual team work began way before telecast date, so all of them to] for bringing our myths alive for us with so much love devotion and hard dedicated work. I will always remember all of you and wish you all the best for your future works. I would especially like to mention Daksha yagya, Sati dahan, Shiv tandav, Virabhadra, Vishnu and Shiv vilap for Sati. All of which was shown with loving devotion to the myth.

[and as we know we will get to see them again in future]

ashokaps

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
@ashokaps,
Happy New Year to you too.
Wonderful work. Aprreciated specially for taking a very +ve route, while writing. It's the approach that makes a big difference while watching something as amazing as DKDM.
While watching various parts, those elements are invoked. Some of them were deep rooted, some obvious in our life. It was a pleasure knowing all of them.
Thanks. 😊
ashokaps thumbnail
hi Minakshi

A very warm happy new year to you too.

Thank you for honest views. I found humility innocence and positive route opens the door of myths and also brings peace and happiness  to heart while watching dkdm  and reading our scriptures in any language [i read translation] or the world myths.[it holds true in everyday life to]

I completely agree with your every sentence. It was when i started reading all the scriptures from all over india that the myth in scriptures and shown in dkdm slowly started speaking to me. The more i surrendered the more they open their vidya. I am often filled with wonder and tears from myths vidya bliss.

Our scriptures were writen with honesty that gives me inspration to be true to my understanding of them while respecting others thoughts. That is one of the magic of our myth, for one myth has different songs for all shadhaka. you can spend many life diving in their ocean and never come up empty.

Your appreciation has encouraged me greatly. Thanks.

ashokaps

ashokaps thumbnail
hi mmroyalkaterick,

You inspired me to read Kali Uma sangeet again and when i have time i am going to listen to. so thank you.

ashokaps
ashokaps thumbnail
hi everyone

I have updated the following months .

may 12
dec 11
march 12

Thank you for reading.

ashokaps
AsNoone thumbnail
Hello Ashokaps,
First of all I am so sorry as I am late in your class. As I say it is class so from now on I will call you Guruji. The other day you stated you are the seeker of the truth. And from every version of myth you churn it out, so lovingly, beautifully and reverentially that I have no words to describe it which is inspiring me to seek and understand more and more.So it would be very fortunate of me if you accept me as your student.
Secondly, this time all your updates have so many wisdom to offer (for me) and to understand and realize (to me) that this time I will comment part by part...slowly. I hope you would give me the permission.
Thirdly, I am really feeling overjoyed, proud yet humble. Because in my little span of life I have been inspired by Mahadev Ma Durga and their tales very much. But I have inspired someone that is too a person like you, so knowledgeble, well versed and wise...I don't know what to say...
Edited by mmroyalkaterick - 9 years ago
AsNoone thumbnail
(I know I am very late to keep up with my words...so please forgive me for this unwanted delay.😊)
To Ashoaps and all other readers,
Nowadays I am listening this particular Agomani song (the song of arrival of Ma Durga and her family in Bengal)...each time it brings new meaning...
Joy JogendraJaya Mahamaya,
Mahima Asim tomar.
Ek baar Durga bole je dake tomai,
Tumi karo ta (r) e Bhobosindhu paar.

Matai shune,
E Bhober kule,
Durga Durga bole duhaat tule...
Tobu Sontaaner mukh chaile na Ma!
Pashane pran bandhle Uma.!

Oti Kumoti,
Kuputro bole!
Apnio Kumata hole?
Tomar jonmo jemni pashankule,
Dharmo temni kore rekhechho...
Doyamoyi aj amai doya korbe ki Ma?
Konkale ba korchho?
( composed by Hensman Anthony or well known as "Anthony Firingi", almost 200 years ago during a Durga Puja)

Translation(literal): Stanza 1-- Victory in the name of Mahamaya, the wife of Jogendra or Yogendra Shiva. Whoever call you once Durga, you help him to travel through the ocean of life and sufferings.

Stanza 2--At the shore of this insufferable ocean of life, I am calling for you insanely. Yet Uma, you don't look at your son ( in sense of son and daughter), you choose to look at the stone, Uma.

Stanza 3---so unworthy and worst of the human, is your son ( in sense of son and daughter). But you too choose to be a bad mother? You have born to a family of stone...and such is your nature and such is the way of your society.

Now I better give a substancial translation to you all...
Stanza 1:
Mahamaya...or the Adi ParaShakti...is the greatest of all illusion as she has created the life, which she is nurturing so lovingly and one day she will destroy it. She is the wife and consort of greatest amongst the Yogis...Lord Shiva. Though she is embodiment of material illusion and matter...she is the kindest of all. Whoever call for her...in the insufferable ocean of life she came to his rescue, at once.
Stanza 2:
Here we have some metaphors which have emphasized on the nature of the Mother Nature...though she is very affectionate and caring she is strict as well. She has to maintain the cycle of birth and rebirth thus the cycle of karma...so naturally when people suffer for their karma called for her...call for "Durga-Durgatinashini" she stays passive...as mother it is very hard to not look after her children. Yet she let them bear the fruits of their own deeds...in hope that they would find the way to reach Shiva, hence her. And "Pashane pran bandhle Uma" or choosing Stone is a very loving way to describe that being so powerful and the center of all energy, she is devoted to her Shiva...her Lord, who is only worshiped as the form of Linga or stone. The way her devotion and adoration brings the God out form the stone...such is path for her follower, her children as well.
Stanza 3:
There is a proverb "Kuputra jodi ba hoy, Kumata kabhu noi" means there would be a worthless child but never a bad mother...using this proverb the poet asked to his mother...the mother Goddess Durga...that though there are some unworthy children of hers, they are no doubt hers. How could she choose to abandon them and punish?? As she is Adrija or daughter of Adri or stony mountain...such is the way of the society where she is worshiped...it is a very difficult task to keep once devotion and concentration solely on her...as the obsolute process and rituals have taken place instead of hearty adoration. That way the society and its norm to celebrate the Goddess's presence becomes harder as stone and higher as mountain...still Kindest and most compassionate to her children...wouldn't grace her this unworthy child(the poet) for once? that is the question he has asked which is the question of all her devotees and children.

Edited by mmroyalkaterick - 9 years ago