DKDM Stories- Myths & Understandings.

Posted: 9 years ago
This topic is for discussing Myths & understandings about various tracks of DKDM.
The track can be mentioned with source, your understanding etc.
Lord Shiva is perhaps the most complicated yet very simple Divine force to know & understand. Many try to approach him in different ways. Being Bholenath he gets pleased by just an offering of Jala Abhishek, Bilva patra.
Some even fear being a destroyer his worship may increase destruction in their life. But how far is it true? What does he actually destroy? Ignorance, suffering, pain of his devotees. Which are worth getting rid of from life to move ahead. His calm nature inspires to live life with ease. Every destruction marks beginning of a new cycle, phase. So he is responsible fore creation too.
Lord Shiva, inspite of fulfilling his duty of destructer, is the only one among the Trinity to have a family. Though all his devotees are part of his family. But from the Worldly pov, he is with his wife & sons.
One of his form is of living in Smashan, clad with ashes. In Bhuvaneshwar for his is like King living with his consort Devi Bhuvaneshwari.
He is an amazing Power. A mystery to understand yet very simple to realise.
Do share your views here about some interesting aspects of our Mahadev here. 😊
First of all thank you TM for making this topic. Many wise and learned persons are here who have great understanding on Lord Shiva. Before them I am a very humble and little. So if there is any mistake in my understanding, it is completely mine. And thanks for giving me a chance to express my views. And In my understanding : -
Being the Destroyer of Evil and Partaker of Poison 'Halahal" is not an easy task. One can not destroy the entire universe at once, in order to prevent the Evil and one can not release the poison at the Universe too no matter whether it burns his throat. It is a great responsibility to hold the poison within the throat and take out the evil out of the equation. And he who carries out task without asking anything in return is called Mahadev.
has anyone truly understood shiva? he is abaangmanasgochara, nirguna, nirakara, but he is also sakara, gunaadhishaa, karpura gaura. he is mahayogi, but he is also mahakal. he is nataraaj who defeated apasmara, he is bhootnaath, the lord of every elements. he is every thing, buthe is also "nothing".
Thank you Ganesha
for you humility and love.

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev research writers team.

Thank you Minakshi for opening the thread for me so promptly.

I love Devon Ke Dev Mahadev so as its ending i thought i will do something to say a thank you from my side to the makers of Devon Ke Dev Mahadev.

My effort is very little but doing it makes me very happy.

All the people involved in making Devon Ke Dev Mahadev have been blessed. Everyone from in front of the camera to behind it. Whether they worked for 1 day or 2 years or still are involved. I believe that the whole journey has been a gift to makers and the fans.

I specially think the research team and writers team whether script team or dialogue team have been truly blessed for they got to read and hear our treasure trove from all over India.

They were able to use it creatively for the enjoyment of fans.

At the same time what they may not have thought but helped in involving all the generations on the ever evolving Shiv Parvati movement which is ever moving and present but through Devon Ke Dev Mahadev everyone was able to see and show the love they felt for Shiv and Parvati.

I am writing by month the source material they might have used by my understanding of what i have read and heard.

I will give source name so if anyone is interested they can read the original in detail there.

ashokaps

Edited by ashokaps - 9 years ago
Dec 11

Makers  have used Parvati Kali stories for Sati as the story written for Sati is very simple and short. But they have shown Sati very lovingly and used Parvati and Kali story very well.

Also showing Parvati and Kali stories as Sati story gave them the freedom to show it as they felt like .

Makers also used Sati Parvati feelings to show a devotee [bhakt]  relation and the struggle we go through.

Sati also puts devotee [bhakt] questions and anger in her talks and questions and is impatiens like us devotee.

Sati holding Rudraksh is a take on Sati holding Rudraksh mala when she did tapasya. Parvati and Sati both are called bhramcharini and hold Rudraksh mala when they did tapasya.

Parvati as Gauri holds Damru so she was given Damru .

Vishwakarma and his descendent are shivling makers for gods and jiva. the myth of Vishnu murti not moving without shivling is a take on Rama Vishnu saying you will not have devotion for me till you worship Shiv  with me.[Purana Ramayana Mahabharata]

Himvan and Parvati had met Shiv used for Daksha and Sati meeting Shiv. The tone of meeting were changed due to Daksh not respecting Shiv.

Sati and Shiv reaction on first beholding happens when Shiv shows himself after Parvati and Sati tapasya and Parvati tests are done.  

[What is written is so romantic and beyond words that it was wonderful to see both Sati and Parvati and Shiv doing it]

Vishnu Narad wanting Shiv to marry from many Purana's and folk stories

Nandi bhakti taken from many Purana's and legends [Nandi myth both in Mahabharata and Purana is adorable]

Rishi Dadichi and Guru Sukracharya are in many Purana as Shiv bhakt. Once Sukra revived Dadichi when he was hurt in a fight and told him to worship Shiv.

Later Sukra is given the blessing of being Shiva and Parvati immortal son and grah [ planet]. He is also given the name Sukra then before his name was Usha[ Usanas, Kavya, Bhargava] when he was rishi Bhrigu son. [Mahabharata, Puranas ]

Saptarishis and their wives are shown well.

Tarakasura is from Parvati and Skanda story everyone knows.

[and why he was already there because they were already showing Parvati story but giving her Sati name and family]

Sati dreaming Shiv doing tandav  [in Purana Parvati dreamed about Shiv before she met Shiv]

Shiv was filmed while doing Tandav larger than life as he should be nothing else can be seen. He was shown very innocent.

Shiv bhola vairagi tandav god was shown very lovingly

Shiv Purana Kalika Purana Mahabharata

ashokaps

Edited by ashokaps - 9 years ago
😊well,for minakshi di, arijit,mmroyalkaterick,and ashoka ,all of them have now mentioned most of the aspects, i would now like to mention one. his bholapan[innocence],is what makes him different. as you all have mentioned😊
                 one more thing about him ,which proves that his thinking is applicable to the modern society is that he gives equal importance to women,. he considers shakti to be equal to himself. both of them are equal in their relationship with each other,and no one is dominating.
ohh i  am in love with god himself.. after watching DKDM..
it is sad it is ending.. bt it had to end some time.. perhaps my devotion will grow towards shiva..

forgetting all bloopers made by cvs, ... i lovingly accept the journey.. it had been truelly magical and beautiful..
One thing that DKDM has imparted that God suffers for us.. and we as his best creation have a duty towrds God.. and this duty is to be fulfilled not by following orthodox rituals of worship, but by looking inside ourselves and understand our own true nature which is not seperate from God.. in a way do a Manthan of our soul and extract the Halahal and obtain the Nectar of Eternal Bliss 
Thank you every one for liking my post i will continue to post .

but it will take time as i end up writing to much on one month itself.

ashokaps