Doli Armaano Ki

Rathore family - the dysfunctionals

Mogwai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
The Rathore family are arguably the most dysfunctional soap family I've ever seen. Actually - I think they should share the title with Pratigya's in-laws (coincidentally from the same PH!)

Shashi: Vile woman & pathetic excuse for a wife & mother. Her first love is money & her main goal in life is to collect enough gold to give singer/composer Bappi Lahiri a complex. Samrat disrespects her but it makes no difference to Shashi. She would never want him to change because as they say, great minds think alike. Or in this case...evil minds...

Bau ji:
Good at heart but spineless. His involvement in family matters is zero, despite being the head of family. He allows Samrat to walk all over him & is simply a bystander in everything.

Divakar Bhaiyya
: Like his father, good at heart but very weak & unable to take a stand. He will raise his voice against Samrat once in a while but doesn't have the backbone to take on his little brother properly.

Kanchan Bhabhi:
Not easy to understand. She treated Urmi like a younger sister when she was in the house & at times has spoken up against Samrat. But in recent episodes she has riled up Samrat in the name of Urmi. Her comment about seeing Urmi, Shaurya & Ishaan together indicated that her heart & intentions may not be so pure after all...

Aditi:
Sweet girl but incredily foolish. Wasted her time & energy on a low-life like Amrit. But now she is paying a heavy price...which she doesn't deserve.

Finally we have Urmi...who will soon be legally separted from Samrat, but still has the Rathore surname attached to her. I always think of her as a beautiful bird that got trapped in the clutches of vultures. And Samrat...a wild beast that can never be tamed. No need to go any further...as they say, actions speak louder than words...

But my oh my...this family needed counselling a long while back
😆
Edited by .Wanderer. - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HappySmiles thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Well said.👏 Agree with all your character descriptions..👍🏼
Gingerly thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wow, you nailed the family to a T. Great job. Nothing more to say, except, out of all of them, the one that irks me the most is the father. Being the head, he doesn't exercise his authority at all. He needs to be more firm and stand his ground, his family is like a bad train wreck.Edited by Gingerly - 9 years ago
Mogwai thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pookhi

Well said.👏 Agree with all your character descriptions..👍🏼

Thank u :)

I love to analyse characters 😆 especially characters like the Rathore bunch!
Mogwai thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gingerly

Wow, you nailed the family to a T. Great job. Nothing more to say, except, out of all of them, the one that irks me the most is the father. Being the head, he doesn't exercise his authority at all. He needs to be more firm and stand his ground, his family is like a bad train wreck.

Thanks  :)

I agree with u...the father is a very frustrating character. He does nothing & as u rightly mentioned, fails to exercise his authority. Wonder if he will ever take a stand. Very weak man. Although he is good at heart, he has no courage to take charge. Very pitiful.
berrysweet thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Enjoy reading your post. On the way for a holiday with family... So should be off the net . But ...will peek in once a while
Mogwai thumbnail
Originally posted by: berrysweet

Enjoy reading your post. On the way for a holiday with family... So should be off the net . But ...will peek in once a while

Enjoy your holiday! Hope it's a good one for u :)
Edited by .Wanderer. - 9 years ago
Gingerly thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Wanderer.

Thanks  :)

I agree with u...the father is a very frustrating character. He does nothing & as u rightly mentioned, fails to exercise his authority. Wonder if he will ever take a stand. Very weak man. Although he is good at heart, he has no courage to take charge. Very pitiful.

He is indeed a weak person.  Urmi went to him to ask him to support her and this man make all kinds of excuses as to why he can't, with one of them being Samrat is his son and he can't go against him, just imagine that.  No matter what their boy children do, some parents will support their sons regardless to whether they are right or wrong and they will leave their daughters-in-law high and dry. I liked how Urmi was telling him about the difference of a father and like a father.  Samrat is the way he is because of his parents, they are enablers and encouragers, with Bau ji being the biggest encourager because he failed in his duties as head of the household and failed to take control of the situation.  I'm sure that Samrat probably displayed domineering and controlling tendencies in childhood but his parents didn't straighten the tree whilst it was young, meaning, they didn't discipline him, correct him and controlled him.  So he grew with those kinds of behavioural tendencies unchecked and now that he's an adult they are in full bloom.  I really feel for Urmi because here it is she's going through hell and she absolutely has no one to support her, except for Sushma-ji, Tiwari-ji and Ishaan, no family, no in-laws, she doesn't even have the support of her mother because apparently mommy is going to stab her in the back. Yes she's in the position that she's in today because of her one choice, to marry Samrat but it can't be hanged over her head forever.  Though late and though it has reached this far at least it made her realized what a huge mistake she made by marrying Samrat. I really hope she succeeds in getting Shaurya's custody and show all those unsupportive people, that even though they didn't help her or support her, she still made it on her own.  Furthermore, she should disown all of them, her family did it to her, so she shouldn't have a problem doing it.
Edited by Gingerly - 9 years ago
Mogwai thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gingerly

He is indeed a weak person.  Urmi went to him to ask him to support her and this man make all kinds of excuses as to why he can't, with one of them being Samrat is his son and he can't go against him, just imagine that.  No matter what their boy children do, some parents will support their sons regardless to whether they are right or wrong and they will leave their daughters-in-law high and dry. I liked how Urmi was telling him about the difference of a father and like a father.  Samrat is the way he is because of his parents, they are enablers and encouragers, with Bau ji being the biggest encourager because he failed in his duties as head of the household and failed to take control of the situation.  I'm sure that Samrat probably displayed domineering and controlled tendencies in childhood but his parents didn't straighten the tree whilst it was young, meaning, they didn't discipline him, correct him and controlled him.  So he grew with those kinds of behavioural tendencies unchecked and now that he's an adult they are in full bloom.  I really feel for Urmi because here it is she's going through hell and she absolutely has no one to support her, except for Sushma-ji, Tiwari-ji and Ishaan, no family, no in-laws, she doesn't even have the support of her mother because apparently mommy is going to stab her in the back. Yes she's in the position that she's in today because of her one choice, to marry Samrat but it can't be hanged over her head forever.  Though late and though it has reached this far at least it made her realized what a huge mistake she made by marrying Samrat. I really hope she succeeds in getting Shaurya's custody and show all those unsupportive people, that even though they didn't help her or support her, she still made it on her own.  Furthermore, she should disown all of them, her family did it to her, so she shouldn't have a problem doing it.

This is the tragedy. Some parents know full well that their son/daughter is in the wrong, & yet they continue to turn a blind eye because it's their own flesh & blood. I really pity such mentality. It can be hard going against your own child but it's got to be done...because one has to take a stand for what is right.

I don't know how Samrat's father can live with such a burden on his conscience. He knows that Urmi is right & his son is in the wrong. But he carries on behaving as though he is some poor helpless man.

Even I hope Urmi gets custody of Shaurya, & then part ways with everyone that turned their back on her. They have never supported her...so she won't need them in the future either. She has a good support system in Sushma Ji & Tiwari Ji. Ishaan is also there. But above all, Urmi has herself to rely on.

Hungrytide thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
@Wanderer, Your views on the Rathore family are so apt. Samrat being a brat is obvious as his parents failed to discipline him . Happy for Urmi that she is no more an abject slave. I always felt that she is a tenacious young lady who can lead life on life on her own terms either as a professional or as a homemaker or blending both the task.