Ek Pal.. a one time ff. Read & have faith

Posted: 17 years ago

Hi guys, to ease up the tension a little, I wrote a one-time ff. Relax and let the imagination run wild...

The vermillon (sindoor) filled box drops from Bani's hands.. She looks at it for a moment... a fear gripped her heart as her she slowly bent down and gathered the cluttered remanants of her life... each stroke of gathering sent an unusal chill of confidence through her. It was unexplainable. Slowly, she stood and faced the woman staring back at her through the mirror. The woman looked like a bride... a newly wedded bride... for whom her husband meant everything. Her expression revealed an age of intense passion, a yearning for the one... him. No, the eyes were not moist this time... In fact, their was an odd twinkle in them.. a gleam of strange confidence, a strong drive which pave the way to her destiny... Him. Ek pal, in one moment, she stepped up from a heart-broken, helpless wife, to a passionate, unstoppable lover. Nothing mattered after that... nothing... but him. That was it, that moment... she grabbed her purse and headed out the door.

As he sat there, engulfed in Pia's arms, Jai's thoughts were completely engulfed.. by her. Bani, Bani, Bani... the name rang in his ears as an enchanting mantra... a prayer.. a plea... Why? Why was this happening to him? He tried so hard to remove her arms from him... but rather, he was unaware of her... all he could think was Bani. His eyes closed, and there she stood. Her beautiful face warming his heart, her dimpled smile sending him into bliss... goodness, the urge was so intense. He wanted her... needed her...

As she held the vermillon in its precious box in her hand infront of her, Bani's eyes did not once leave it.. not even to get a glance at the clouds through her window.. Others on the plane were probably thinking they're in heaven as it resides somewhere up here... for her, it was different. Heaven was where he was... whether it be anywhere. There was no stopping her now. Her mind was set, her heart had taken over... his love had blinded her every sense. Several times she faintly heard someone offering something to her but she supposed they just left seeing her unresponsive. She didn't want to be rude, but it was as if she knew they were there, somewhere, but.. she wasn't.

Jai's cell goes off startling Pia and Jai out of their respective thoughts. How long had they been like that? Sitting in each other's arms? Jai didn't even remember... he had been emersed.. again, the cell rings. Pia moves back and goes to grab it, but he seems to have somehow made it quicker and holds up his left hand in a "I'll take it". She just stands, surprised... "Hello" he manages, in his husky voice... A moment passes, and endless moment. He knew it. It was her... yet no words came. Pia looked on, for a response, which seemed to have taken forever to come. He heard her breathe... and it was confirmed. An intense anger, even in his current state, burned in him... yet the mere thought of this connection with her calmed him... moments pass...

"Bani?" Oh, it chilled her.. the way he took her name, as if it was his possession.. close to his heart. The confidence with which he said her voice... each time... as if it sent her into an unknown trance.. he controlled her. It was as if time itself, had stopped in this very moment... this moment of some silent confession. "Bani?" again, the same rush rang through her... After another endless silence, she spoke with a dignified, passionate confidence. "Aap meri saanson ko ek pal mein pehchan jaate hai Mr.Walia.. lekin meri dharkhano ko nahin pehchaan paaye... jin dharkano par sirf ek naam likha hai... jo meri har saans par haq rakhta hai.. woh ek naam Mr.Walia... Jai..." It was as if his breathing had stopped, or was it that his heart skipped a beat? "Jai" the name, her voice, it rung in his head... took him in completely.... after an pause, she continued, "Ek pal Mr.Walia... ek pal ne meri aur aapki mulaquat karayee... ek pal ne hume shaadi ke bandhan mein baandha...ek pal... ek pal mein hum dono ko anjaane se EK kardiya.. ek pal Mr.Walia.."

As he listened, it was as if he had all of a sudden become sober, yet another trance had taken over... He held the cell so tightly his knuckles began to get white.. but he did not release the pressure.. it was as though his very existence depended on it... on hearing her voice... on her. He was so engrossed, that he had not noticed that no one was in the room... Pia had left... maybe it was the final realization.. the ultimate understanding that what she desired was not hers... he was not even himself... he belonged to Bani.

As Jai listened desperately to the silence... the sound of footsteps became clearer... slowly he lifted his head to see a figure approaching him... he was drunk alright.. but it was over her... She came to him like an angel sent from above... Dressed in a deep red lehnga, garnished with beautiful jewlery... like a bride... his bride... the one whom he had awaited for... what seemed like centuries... She held the phone to her ear and stopped an arms length away from him... Their eyes met... the world had left them, and they stepped into their own... Bani, still holding the phone says into it,

Ek pal mein hava ka rukh badal jaaye,
Ek pal mein sagar ki lehrien shaant ho jaaye,
Ek pal mein waqt kahin tham jaaye.
Jis pal mein hum tum mein samajaaye,
Us pal mein zindagi savar jaaye....

The phone drops from her hand and his.. at the same time.. their eyes lock... hers moist.. his intense.. the passion flared.. the emotions roared... Truly, time seemed to have stopped... Slowly, she stepped closer to him and took his face into her small hands. She looked at him lovingly... as if never seen him before... For once, she dared to look deep into those eyes which had so many a time triggered her... like she expected, she delved into them... the sea engulfed her and she was never to re-emerge... She tipped his head slightly and he felt an engergizing rush flow within him as he sensed her lips on his forehead... She stepped back once again and one moment... in that one moment of truth, everything else go left behind... nothing else mattered... they embraced... as if never to let go... of that one moment... woh ek pal.

Hope you like it!!

Cheers,

dc

btw.. my message, have faith in JW!! and Jn'B Zindabaad!!

Simply beautifule!!!
If only this were so in KS!!!!
I have lost all hope but reading your FF helped bring a smile to my face because I though of what could and should have been!!!!
Hope your faith holds truer than mine since I have none legt!!!!
Reading your ff surely will bring a smile on everyone's face. No matter what happens tom...
aww so beautiful. I'm at a loss for words. I wish they'd do something like this on the show. 😭
that was wonderful! 👏 👏 👏
WOW! amazing.. simply beautiful!!

well done!!

👏
👏
👏
👏
👏
👏
👏
👏
👏
👏
DC,

The first good thing I have encountered since 2130 IST yesterday. God Plz. let Bani ring up JW before he dies in Pia's arms and bring him back to life. Plz, Plz, Plz.

Rgds,

Priyanka
WOW!! That was fantabulous!!
Very well written! THANK YOU!! 🤗 😊
DC that was fabulous!
Beautiful words!
Ek pal mein hava ka rukh badal jaaye,
Ek pal mein sagar ki lehrien shaant ho jaaye,
Ek pal mein waqt kahin tham jaaye.
Jis pal mein hum tum mein samajaaye,
Us pal mein zindagi savar jaaye....
haye very well written...now if only the real show can be like this...very beautiful...takes my mind off whats really going on