Cancel the debts of the developing world?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

so should there be a cancellation of debts for the developing world? Will it actually help or harm the developing world in long-run n is it fair to not make them accountable for their actions? Shd. the developed world cancel the debts n give the developing world n chance to stand at their own feet?

Wht do u guysthink? πŸ˜›

Abhijit took the words right out of my mouth.
Debts should never be forgiven completly... certain conditions are necessary to help a developing country become democratic and are able to help its citizens and eventually help the world become more peaceful.
but say the debts r cancelled, then wont the developed countries be unwilling to lend money to the deveopin world in the future....even fi the debts r cancelled, the developing worlds will require the loans of the develoepd world if they want to improve infrastructure n services.
I thought these debts are only to show on paper πŸ€” I didn't know they really have to pay them back πŸ˜†
Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by breathing_irony

so should there be a cancellation of debts for the developing world? Will it actually help or harm the developing world in long-run n is it fair to not make them accountable for their actions? Shd. the developed world cancel the debts n give the developing world n chance to stand at their own feet?

Wht do u guysthink? πŸ˜›

Cancelling debts for services or resources is a good thing..😊...this world works  fine with barter systemπŸ˜›
Give someone in free, people get used to becoming muftchand

Have the countries pay back the loans and then give them some incentives for more or equal cost, if you feel that badly

Never, Ever forgive any loans

Begging is bad, creating beggars is even worser
Originally posted by sareg

Give someone in free, people get used to becoming muftchand

Have the countries pay back the loans and then give them some incentives for more or equal cost, if you feel that badly

Never, Ever forgive any loans

Begging is bad, creating beggars is even worser

absolutely agree!  very well-said.

About Farmers matters its different......that people are not muftchand ..if any natrual calamity happen(like fled etc) , they dont have any other choice...i think these type of situation Govt should support farmers, and forgive their related depts.😊