Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..nams.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Chapter 9

I miss you. A little too much, a little too often, and a little more everyday.

Kria looked out of the window frustrated. It was 4 days since she last spoke to Rey. She was losing it; every bit, every inch!

"Lagtha hai mood karab hai.." Sharon came inside kria's room, uninvited.

Kria rolled her eyes, "Go away!"

"How rude! Is this the way you treat you guests?" Sharon pouted sitting infront of kria. Kria tried to calm her temper.

"Sharon, for the last time, LEAVE ME ALONE!" Kria said throwing her phone. It fell on the bed with a thud.

"Oi.. Woh busy hoga.. chill na!" Sharon tried to pacify.

"4 Days Sharon! How could a person not get a minute free in 4 freaking days???" Kria growled, clearly distressed.

Sharon sighed and nodded understandingly "Hmm.. But kria, you too know na, he is workaholic"

Kria looked out of the window sadly. Yes she knew it. She was fine with it too. But somewhere she felt neglected. She felt lonely.

She still remembered their last day in Dehradun. He hugged her, he was beside her the whole day. He promised to call everyday. He promised to not break his promises!

They had given their consent for the wedding after they had returned from the hill that morning. It didn't just surprise their family members, it had surprised them too! They kept wondering was it too early? But everytime they would see each other's face and they would feel their decision is perfect!

The next few days was filled with late night calls and texts. They spoke about anything and everything! Rey had taken few days off to be with his family as Armaan had come to India after a long time. Kria was in cloud 9 those days. Even though they didn't meet each other, they kept their conversations active and full of enthusiasm. But the excitement all dried away the day Rey started working. Kria knew he was workaholic. But to this extent, she had never imagined!

"Tell me kria, you behaving like this is just because he is busy or are you insecure?"

"What insecure?" kria asked confusedly.

"You see, most of the girls are at times jealous of their boyfriend's ex-girlfriends.. But in your case tuje toh uski dream girl se competition hai.." saying so Sharon laughed historically.

Kria had heard enough and more about Rey's dream girl and it was driving her nuts! He never described how exactly his dream girl looked, but he often went on to say how much he adored his dream girl! He also said he never saw the face, there was always something that would stop him from doing so.

He used to go on and on about how much she had affected him. Once he knew kria was getting irritated with all his stories he stopped immediately, then after he never mentioned about her. Actually he hadn't spoken to kria since. That too is one of the reasons for her anger.

"Anyway Sharon. I have my internship coming soon. I need to prepare for that. I will see you around" Kria went out for a walk.

Sharon wondered, how could the two possibly be together?

Kria too, wondered the same thing. The past few days, ever since rey started working, all they have been doing is fighting, arguing and ignoring. Was their decision right?

"Love is not always happy. Love is not always romance. Love is not always good times. Love is a mixture of everything. If you don't know the anger of your partner or if you don't know the worst side of your partner, then you cannot fall in love with him completely. If you don't see the hard time then you never know the value of good times" her father had once said when she found her parents fighting and not speaking for two days.

Kria didn't understand it then. She is finding hard to accept it now. Why does it feel so frustrating to love?

Why is that we always expect the one we love to give us their complete attention? Why do we feel so low just because the loved one is busy?

Wait, what? Love? When the hell did that happen?

Kria stood in the middle of the footpath and felt her heart thud loudly in her chest. Love?

Rey stared at his phone for the 100th time that day. It had 5 missed calls from Kria, 3 days ago. No calls, no messages since 3 days!

Rey always found it excited to read her texts. Even if he didn't reply, she would still text him. Most of days he would come home late night and dose off right after he read all her messages! He was that tired! He would then end up texting her in the morning and the cycle continued.

It had been few weeks, since they last met. It had been few days since he last spoke to her. It had been 3 days since she last called or texted.

"Should I call her or should I not?" he asked himself.

Priya, his mother entered his room with a glass of milk. "Am I dreaming? Its 9pm and your home! Wow. You broke your record rey!"

Rey rolled his eyes. "Stop being sarcastic Ma!"

"Then what should I do my son? I haven't seen you in the house before 11pm! You even work on Sundays for god sake!!!!!" Priya exclaimed.

"Its because I have work mom!" Rey replied completely annoyed.

Priya shook her head, gave him milk and sat beside him. "Tell me beta. For whom are you working so badly? You own a chain of business. All are going good. There are so many employees to supervise every work. And even if all your companies go bankrupt we can still live luxuriously for the rest of our lives, thanks to your granddad and your father! I still don't get why you need to beat yourself for this!"

Rey sighed. "You said it today, don't ever say bankrupt again. I don't like it."

"But rey-"

"Mom! I want to sleep.. so.."

Priya nodded. "Go to sleep. Anyway your gonna wake up late.. goodnite.."

"Good night."

Kria placed her luggage down and let a whoof of air. "DONE!"

Smriti laughed. "I was the one who packed your luggage and you look tired. Good! Very good!"

Kria hugged her mother "Uff Maaa! Chill na.. mein karu ya aap kare.. ek hi toh baat hena?"

Smriti hit her daughter playfully "yeah yeah. Anyway chalo.. I will set the dining table.. lets have dinner okay?"

"yes mom!" kria saluted.

Smriti smiled and kissed her daughter "I will miss you a LOT!"

"I will missshhh you too My lovely mom!"

Once smrithi was out her room kria cross checked her documents that was placed in her desk. Suddenly her phone beeped with a message.

*Sleeping?* Rey had texted her.

"Kria come down for dinner beta!" her mom called. Not seeing the text, she put her phone in silence and went downstairs.

Rey sent another few texts after few minutes.

*Hey? You there?*

*kria, did you sleep kya?*

*are you angry by any chance?*

*Good Night*

Rey didn't feel like calling anymore. She hadn't replied to his single texts. Why would he call her? If she was taking revenge, then he won't bug in either.

Rey went downstairs to drink some water. His parents were in living room, chatting leisurely at 2 am. Rey smiled. He rarely saw dad these days. His dad had taken over a small company which was about to go bankrupt. He had only one thing in his mind back then, he had to save the workers from being unemployed. The company was a small textile factory on the outskirts of the city. Many villagers worked there. It was the source of income for lot of youngsters and also for most of women from the village. Rey adored his dad for taking up such a challenge. Now the textile factory was very popular and the company did enough profit.

But Rey's dad never complained, even though he had to travel 3 hours every day to reach the company. Rey rarely saw his dad these days.

"Dad" Rey sat beside his father and placed his head on his shoulders.

"its so good to see you like this" rey said.

Priya smiled and ruffled rey's hair.

"See me like what?" Rey's father, Rajveer asked.

"So carefree, no tensions.."

"I have been like this since I retired. Didn't you notice? Working near that village is relaxing. I don't have much work and I often interact with my employees. After all these years, I have finally found my peace. And see? I give my family time too! I take weekends off. I take Priya on impromptu trips. I take day offs, just to spend time lazily at home. Its good"

Rey smiled and wondered would it be nice to be like that? Can I live like that?'

His subconscious mind answered you are young!!! You have lot to achieve! All this peace shit is best kept for retirement.'

Rey took a deep sigh. Priya frowned "Didn't you go to sleep long time back?"

Rey rubbed his forehead "I couldn't sleep"

Priya smiled "Because of kria?"

Rey looked away. Huh! That girl didn't even reply to my texts!

Kria was in complete rush! She had taken a lot of time during her dinner chatting with her mom and some emotional drama of how her mother would miss her. She spent another few hours talking over the phone contacting her HR on joining details. It was already 11pm and she had to run if she didn't want to miss her flight. She didn't have a minute to check her mobile. She simply deleted the notifications and pulled out her luggage.

She was all set to go!

"Nothing like that!" Rey refreshed his phone again.

Rajveer looked at Rey "Nothing like that? Wont you miss her?"

I am already missing her!' Rey replied in his mind.

"Ofcourse he will! He cant talk to her all night anymore na.." priya laughed.

I haven't talked to her since 4 freaking days!' he replied in his mind.

"Ofcourse he will talk to her. They can text and they can call adjusting to time difference. Won't you rey?" Rajveer asked.

"yeah yeah" Rey shrugged and was about to leave when it hit him.

"Wait a sec. why can't i? I mean.. time difference?"

Priya frowned "US and India has different time zone na .. You didn't know that?"

Rajveer and Priya laughed. Rey was completely confused.

"US?" He asked them.. clueless.

Priya stopped laughing and stared at him. She got up and shook her head "Don't you dare tell me, you didn't know Kria was going to US for her internship"

Rey was spellbound. That's when he recalled their conversation from few days ago

"So you have to go for that internship?" Rey asked with a pout. Kria laughed. "yes Rey. It has been my dream! Its at the end of this month. Exact date I will text you soon. I am going to miss you soo much rey!!!"

"Ah.. I will miss you too kria."

"When she is leaving?" Rey asked still in trance. Priya hit her forehead. She came forward and shook rey.

"What have you done? She is leaving tonight. I mean.. her flight is at 3am. Rey! You didn't know? What the hell?"

Rey took few steps back; her words playing in his mind.

"2 month internship.. its my dream rey.. I will miss you soo much.. ah.. I am so happy... I will miss you rey.. you would see me off na? I want to talk to you loads and loads before I go... actually can we go out before I go? .. I want you by my side so that I can see you and hug you before I go.. Rey!!!"

"Is Rey going to come to Airport?" Smrithi asked driving the car.

Kria looked out of the car window. "I don't know. Probably not"

"Why?"

Kria didn't answer it. There were tears in her eyes.

"Are we really meant for each other?"

Edited by ..nams.. - 8 years ago
love-kreya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Yaar abhi abhi to thoda close ane lage the woh log abhi yeh mu create karna jaruri tha phir bhi I loved this update kuch toh dil ka haal clear hua waiting for next update
KriYaansh-ArSha thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesome update⭐️
Really loved it😊😊
so sweet n pure
bas ab jaldi se patch up kara do😃
Rey ko to ab bhaag na parega airport ke liye😉
update soon😊

P.S. : It's been one year of this SS...Congratulations🥳
Edited by KriYaansh-ArSha - 8 years ago
sunu.nainu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
OMG U update this story after so long... 

N it was just a brilliant update... U really manage to give some beautiful amazing stuff in really simple words...

I loved every bit of todays update... was so into the story that it got over in a span of seconds... I felt it so short...

Hope Rey makes it on time... plz yar update the next part as soon as u can... very very eager to know what will happen next...

it is such a sweet story!!!!!!

But I have 1 dought Kriyaansh stay in different cities right... then how will they meet so soon ?????
-Pia- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Cutie update
I always admire your piece of writing, it always a pleasure  to read..These stories sometimes make me believe that luv stories can happen
Keep updating😊
update the nxt prt soonish
I can't wait more :p
pls jaldi update karo
wanna know wht happens nxt...
..nams.. thumbnail