Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CricktFan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
[Quote=Krishnaki Meera]Draupadi was not getting raped,As far as i know,they ordered to disrobe her.[/Quote]Droupadi was going to be raped, Dhryodhan orderded to😡  Dushasan disrobe her and then force her to sit on his  thies or knees😡 what does it mean does it meann differen from rape. Edited by CricktFan - 9 years ago
CricktFan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: CricktFan

[Quote=Krishnaki Meera]Draupadi was not getting raped,As far as i know,they ordered to disrobe her.[/Quote]Droupadi was going to be raped, Dhryodhan orderded to😡  Dushasan disrobe her and then force her to sit on his  thies or knees😡 what does it mean does it meann differen from rape.

iMini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I guess we are diverting from the topic.
peaceseeker thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
The Holy Books (Qur'an, Torah, Bible) should be used as inspirational stories of the past and should not be taken literally. Allah's/God's intellect is not stagnant; it is as progressive as he wants ours to be. All "Holy Books" were written about someone whose spirit interacted with the spirit of God. The mind translation of this spiritual interaction depended on the prior conditioning of that person; hence you have various religions all claiming to live by the Word of God. In reality, it's the word of fallible men attempting to interpreting the mind of God.
DemonStar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

What is your opinion about 'God'?

My opinion is God, as a whole the way humanity views that term, is an expression of the unknown that humans have been trying to understand since time immemorial, when we first gained sentience, intelligence, freedom from being bound by instincts and capacity of rational thought. For some God is the big ruler in the heaven in skies rewarding worshippers and punishing sinners (the definition of "sin" again varying). For some God is merely a synonym for nature, a spiritual feeling of love for everything natural without believing in any supernatural entity. For some God is a useful tool to brainwash innocent people and exploit them in terrible ways. For others, God is a hated imaginary concept that's responsible for the downfall of humanity. And for others, love towards God is what keeps them going in a life filled with tragedy and miseries. It's the biggest mystery every faced by humans, perhaps ultimately unanswerable.

What do you think 'God' is?

For me, God is everything imaginable and unimaginable. Existence and non-existence. From absolute infinity to absolute nothingness. And even transcending these. There is no creation and creator, they are one.

What's your feeling about your 'God'?

There's no "my" God and "their" God. We are speaking of the same thing, a higher Truth, but in radically different ways so they divert and become completely different things.

How do you define God?

Like a Taoist master said, when we define anything, we limit it. How can I define the Limitless? (I know Taoism is non-theistic, but it feels an apt analogy).

How much and what do you think about a God or your God?

I see God when I see the smile of gratefulness on the face of a person after being helped. I feel God when I hear or play heart-touching melodies. I feel God when I feel happy on seeing the happiness of my loved ones, when I feel blessed to be in their company. I feel God when I see the brilliance of everything in nature. I feel God when I read about the miracles of science and the beauty of devotion alike. And most of  all, in the unending spirit of human courage and compassion.

Have you ever personally felt the presence of God.. or felt something that made you go "There is God" ?

I have. One could say it's not something that could be tested in a lab, and I do agree subjective human experience is not something to establish as fact immediately. But yes, I've felt the presence of a Higher Power.

If you do not believe in any God, are you religious? Religiousness is really a state of being that transcends the worldly, the intellect, the 'manner of doing' something could be religious, but not the act.

I'm not against religion as such, but for obvious reasons I greatly dislike organized religions. One doesn't need to be religious to believe in God, and not all "religions" are theistic. "Religiousness" as described by Osho, I do support. I prefer to call it dharma, in the original sense of the word. The path of righteousness, the path of compassion and altruism. Not blindly following what's written in some holy book but using your own mind and heart to do what is right, to make yourself useful to humanity and your loved ones. I'd say I'm spiritual rather than religious in the general sense.

If you do not believe in God, was there never an instance where you prayed? I know prayer and God are different, did not intend to connect the two, and please do not.  Prayer is a simply puuure feeling, one could love his betterhalf or parents 'like a prayer'. When do you pray more? In gratitude, in fear, in hope, in happiness, any other time?  What is your definition of prayer?

If I were to do some mushy talk, prayer is a humble heart's cry of desire towards its inner core, an expression of its attachment and hope for a better future, towards where it came from. I don't feel there's anything wonderful in praying only when in trouble or fear, in fact it's something I am greatly irked to see in so-called religious people. I feel blessed for the smallest to biggest things I have in my life. I pray for the wellbeing of my loved ones. When I see human suffering, I say a silent prayer for their wellbeing while asking, why does such horror exist in the first place? Karma? Or are we seeing it that way? I don't feel I or my close ones are any more special to God than the billions of people in the world, a minuscule part of the infinite universe. I don't know what difference a few words of gratitude will make. But like Swami Vivekananda said, I may not gain anything by prayer but I lose a lot of things - anxiety, sorrow and tension. Quoting Jake from Avatar, it's worth a try.

Finally, Love is God/God is love? Makes any sense to you? Why? WHY NOT? If it does, then which one do you think is apt? Why?

If I were to step into a materialist's position, if God is love then there isn't much point in worshipping a bioelectrical signal developed in the brain due to hormonal actions. But we can agree love is much more than just that physical manifestation to us, on a spiritual level. I'm more inclined towards non-duality. Love and hate, good and evil, light and darkness, happiness and suffering. When they merge together into God, they cease to exist. Sort of like hydrogen and oxygen losing their individuality when they become water. Of course it does help to relate God to everything good within us and help it to stay on the path of truth.

Edited by DemonStar - 9 years ago
ChanandlerBong thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
God , in my opinion , is the supreme power above us and is the answer to all hypothetical questions. 
He is the power above us , who makes us think twice before doing something , because you know somebody's  watching you . 
God can be anything, even your own soul . He is just the spirit who guides you . 

I do believe in god , but not in religions . I neither believe in worship nor I believe in visiting holy places ( I see them just as places where you can discover yourself ).

I do pray a lot of times , like any normal human being,  in times of trouble and I never fail to thank too . I see them as words of optimism , words of hope .

-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
What is God?  a never ending saga... 😉

dinazz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 2
what is your opinion about 'god'
god is eternal. the creator of the universe and everything in it. god is omnipotent and omnipresent.
what do you think 'god is'
god is truth ,love and justice.
whats your feeling about your god
protector,creator,making miracles happen.

Have you ever personally felt the presence of God.. or felt something that made you go "There is God" ?

never felt the presence of god personally till now but yes there is god . we wake up in the morning and this itself shows that there is god.

when do  you pray more?

pray more when in fear .usually pray daily.

Finally, Love is God/God is love? Makes any sense to you? Why? WHY NOT? If it does, then which one do you think is apt? Why?

loving and caring for others and being good to others is next to godliness.and god showering love to us ,ie all his children in the way of blessings.