Population Growth In India

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
Is population growth boon or bane for India?

Boon if utilized properly.

i agree..it is a boon if utilized properly
Posted: 17 years ago
I totally agree with Abhijit. Overpopoulation is definetly a curse to India.
Over Population growth is definitely a problem ..and very big one... but on the other side people are the Human resourse of a country... if u manage them properly they produce effectively...
I have to say more on it... but will be back ... gonna go!!!!!
Too many people and not enough job oppurtunties, so totally a negative prospect. When I visited India I saw TONS of people standing at the sides of the roads and staring at people all day... they have nothing better to do because they aren't employed.
I wonder if Chinese system of stopping population growth by "limit to one child only," is a good policy. I have couple of Chinese friends who explained me about that law. They said that By Law , gov't will only give you finacial help if a couple has one child. Couple can have another child but they have to suffer financial consequenses. If you have two children, you can't get promotion at work and you will remain in the same position at work for the rest of your life. Your medical insurance goes high as well. But if you do decide to abide by the law and have only one child, gov't showers you with finacial and other benefits. Child's medical is free along with mom's medical bills.
I wonder if this kind of Law would work in India!!!
I'm sorry but that law is just ridiculous~! You can only have one child? Sure China is the country with the most amount of people but come on people should at least be able to have more than one child and get the same benefits. That's just wrong if you ask me. And no way India should have a law like that. I think one reason why India has the most children in the world is because women are still treated unfairly compared to men. They don't always have the right to choose to get pregnant or not.

Anyway, going back the the topic of this discussion. I think its a problem if there's anymore population growth in India. More population means more houses need to be made and more jobs are in need. It's really a disaster. 👎🏼 Not only will the poor suffer but also the environment.