Computers, Science, Technology
Computers, Science, Technology

India-Forums

Import Canon XF305 MXF files to FCP X for editing on Mac

AbbyCarrie11 Senior Member
AbbyCarrie11
AbbyCarrie11

Posted: 17 November 2014 at 6:09am | IP Logged
The Canon XF305 Professional Camcorder features 50Mbps MPEG-2 4:2:2 recording to Compact Flash (CF) cards for unsurpassed image quality and efficient, robust workflow at an affordable price. Utilizing file-based MPEG-2 compression with an MXF File Wrapper ensures the widest compatibility with existing industry infrastructure, metadata. It also offers multiple recording bit rates, resolutions and variable frame rates to expand your creative flexibility, and allow you to work in virtually any production environment.

Many users have problems when importing Canon MXF to FCP 6/7/X.

Example:

"I recently purchased a Canon XF series HD Camcorder and currently using Final Cut Pro X, but I can not load MXF footages to FCP X, can you help?"

"I'm using FCP 7. I haven't found a way to bring MXF files into FCP. It's kind of a pain, I'd prefer we were using the same files. Can I import and work with MXF in FCP?"

The best quality video codec for FCP is ProRes 422 or ProRes 4444 codec MOV format, Final Cut Pro doesn't support MXF importing, you will encounter many problems unless you convert XF305 MXF video to FCP prores codec via UFUSoft Canon Video to FCP X Converter, with this Canon XF305 to FCP Converter, you can transcode Canon XF305 video to Apple ProRes codec vide via simple 4 steps. You can follow below guide to convert and import Canon XF305 video to FCP X.

Download a free trial of Canon XF305 MXF Converter

Step 1: Add Canon XF305 MXF video files

From the main interface, click "Add Video" or "Add Follder" icon to load mxf footage directly from your XF305 camera or from a card reader or from a achieved folder on your HDD that contains your source media.

Step 2: Select ProRes 422 MOV as output format

Click on "Profile" and you will get a dropdown menu, then select "Final cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as the best output format for FCP X. For editing Canon XF305 MXF video in FCP X, FCP 7 and FCP 6 smoothly, you need to choose Apple ProRes MOV as output format.

Step 3: Custom video and audio settings for advanced users

Click the "Settings" icon and you will go into a new interface named "Profile Settings". You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.

Step 4: Convert Canon XF305 MXF to ProRes MOV

When ready, click "Convert" button to Convert Canon C500 MXF clips to Apple ProRes 422 MOV for Final Cut Pro 6/7/X.

After Canon XF100 to FCP X conversion, you can click "Open Folder" button to get the generated video files. Now, you can import Canon XF100 to FCP 6/7/X for editing smoothly.

Tips:

a. If you want to merge MXF files, just need to select all files and click Merge.

b. You shouldn't move the single MXF video out of the whole MXF whole structure folder, or the MXF video would loss some metadata, such as sound.

Tricks:

c. You'd better choose "Apple PreRes 422" for keeping original video quality.

d. If you want the files to be in smaller size, you can follow "Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(LT)(*mov)/Apple ProRes 422(*mov)" option.

e. If your files size is at SD levels, you are advised to choose "Final Cut Pro>Apple ProRes 422(Proxy)(*mov)", which is recommended for 480i/p and 576i/p shootings as well.

Read More:

best P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Converter, convert P2 MXF to MOV/WMV for Sony Vegas Pro, import P2 MXF footage to Sony Vegas Pro, Panasonic p2 mxf to sony vegas pro

edit gy-hm650 video in fcp x, gy-hm650 avchd to fcp x, gy-hm650 mov to fcp x, gy-hm650 mp4 to prores, import gy-hm650 video to final cut pro, jvc camcorder video converter, jvc prohd camcorder converter, transcode gy-hm650 mxf to prores

blu ray iphone 6 plus playing tips, blu-ray to iphone 6 plus, iPhone 6 Plus Blu-ray Player, iphone 6 plus blu-ray ripper, play blu-ray on iphone 6 plus, rip blu-ray to iphone 6 plus

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top