Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
[09 Nov/14]

ok, this isn't a drabble...whatever XD

i love shakespeare's the taming of the shrew; it's misogynistic and hateful on the surface, but i will argue it's quite subversive, and kate actually kind of wins in the end. the only thing is, i don't think ol' shakey went far enough in showing kate's mastery of petruchio, so here's a parallel version of abhigya, with a more obviously bosstastic heroine ;)

i'm not a big fan of the purab-bulbul pairing and i have a soft spot for suresh, so i resisted this idea for a long time, but eventually i got over myself, because really, there is no more perfect parallel for lucentio/bianca than purab/bulbul! and suresh makes a picture perfect hortensio (let's all imagine someone breaking a lute over his head...!).

and according to the play's relations, in this parallel abhi should be suresh's friend, not purab's, but i've changed that because...i can :P

enjoy and let me know what you think!!

originally posted here at AbhiGya AT #40

THE TAMING OF THE ROCKSTAR!!!

dramatis personae

signior bautista -> sarla maa: a marriage-minded parent who will not consent to the younger daughter's betrothal until the older daughter is safely wedded

katharina -> pragya: the "unmarriageable" older daughter with a mind of her own and a sharp tongue

bianca -> bulbul: the beautiful and bratty younger daughter who has a bad habit of dangling men from her fingers, but you can't blame her, she's been bred for it, she's just too beautiful

hortensio -> suresh: the cloddish, scholarly middle-aged-ish next door neighbour who is foolishly in love with the beautiful younger daughter

lucentio -> purab: the gorgeous young visiting scholar who falls for bb, and she falls for him in return quite quickly

petruchio -> abhi: the brash, macho, larger-than-life older friend of purab who is muchly in need of a wife and willing to take on a challenge, especially when it comes with a handsome dowry like sarla maa's marriage hall! (not that he would misuse it, he has wealth of his own, but a driven man is always looking for new business acquisitions, and he'd love to have his name attached to such a thriving business)

THE PLOT

purab falls hard and fast for bulbul. to get close to her, he offers himself to sarla maa as a music tutor. meanwhile suresh has a similar idea, and in disguise he too acts as a tutor for bulbul.

when purab finds out that bb won't be able to marry until pragya does, he remember his bhai jaise dost abhi is on the hunt for a bride. he calls him to town and explains the situation. abhi likes the idea of being the one to win the unwinnable woman, and once he catches a glimpse of pragya's snapping eyes behind her dowdy glasses, he decides he definitely wants to marry her.

sarla maa is thrilled when abhi brings a formal proposal, and no one seems to care that pragya isn't into it. pragya and abhi get into battles of wit from their very first meeting, and abhi secretly finds it hard to keep up with her wicked tongue, while pragya is reluctantly impressed that he does a pretty good job of returning her sallies. also, she's a bit distracted because she responds to him on a physical level that she's never felt with anyone before.

even though she resents the idea of being married off, and even though she has huge doubts of mannerless abhi's suitability as a husband, pragya eventually decides that it can't be worse than continuing to live at home under sarla maa's tyrannical temper. she loves her mother, she really does, but they've never really understood each other, and maybe it really is time for her to fly the coop.

the abhigya marriage happens with saare dhoom dhaam that you would expect, except that abhi has an awful undergame. he likes pragya very much but he wants an obedient, well-handled wife, and he decides the way to achieve that is to make her put up with the worst of him from the very beginning. so he arrives late to the wedding, and acts drunk, and in general offends all and sundry with his bad behaviour. and pragya is embarrassed out of her mind but it's too late to back out of it, and eventually the deed is done.

abhi whisks her away from the reception as soon as the pheres are done - the others have fun partying without them, and the bb/purab/suresh antics continue with madcap hijinks in the background. he takes her on a long and arduous journey to his country mansion, during which he argues with her on nonsense points until she starts agreeing with him just to get him to shut up. and once he gets there he throws all kinds of fits and doesn't let her eat or sleep because "nothing here is good enough for my wife you lazy scoundrels ROBIN KAMCHOR KAMINEY DO A BETTER JOB RIGHT NOW."

pragya is frustrated beyond words and worries that she's married a madman and now there's no way out of it, but eventually she calms down enough to realize what he's trying to do, and then she comes up with an undergame of her own

THE TWIST

pragya is not the type to be controlled or handled or tamed by anyone, thank you very much, and she turns abhi's trick back on him by suddenly becoming the most docile and servile wife that ever was. when he finally concedes that his servants have done an adequate job, she intervenes and says no no no, no one could do a better job than she can, and then she makes him wait even more hours for dinner and freshly laundered clothes and a toasty bed to sleep in. also she very prettily tells him that she absolutely understands that he has his rights and she is very willing for him to assert them, only please can they wait a few more days because erm it's kind of the wrong time of the month :S (this is a lie, but pragya knows what she's doing, and it's a lie with purpose)

abhi is no match for a plotting pragya, and her sweet wife act soon overwhelms him. his outsize temper and his exaggerated overbearing act fade away, and he turns kind of goofy as he gets used to pragya taking care of him.

over the next week they slowly build an understanding of each other as equals, and the basis emerges for a truly successful marriage to last many decades to come...but she still finds excuses for why they can't be man-and-wife yet, because day by day she learns more clearly that the best way to control him is through his appetites...

in the second week after their marriage they have to return to town for bb's engagement to purab, which is almost a non-event fiasco due to purab's nonsensical hidden-identity-as-a-tutor scheme, but abhi saves the day at the last minute, because he's the hero and also sarla's perfect damaad. everyone is incredibly amazed at pragya's seeming transformation into the perfect wife. sarla cries histrionic tears of maternal pride that she really has no right to, but pragya is beyond arguing with her mother's hypocrisy and simply accepts the compliments and affection that had heretofore been reserved for perfect bb. meanwhile suresh is sad flop in a corner, thinking about how he didn't win bb after all, and how he could've had a chance with pragya but he'd never known she could be so appealing.

just when abhi is getting bored partying with the gaonwaalon, someone proposes a bet for a contest to see whose wife is most obedient. abhi knows pragya would win by a mile but he's not stupid enough to bet on her as if she were a horse or a dog, so he declines. the other men make fun of him but then pragya comes and whispers in his ear that they should go home, now, because it's the right time of the month, and it would be a safe bet that neither of them cared for many weeks what anyone had to say about them anymore...

and then they lived happily ever after! :D

EXEUNT & END SCENE!

Edited by -mina- - 9 years ago
-mina- thumbnail
[14 Nov/14]

once again, ishaa aka -martinski- made me do it ;)

originally posted here on AbhiGya AT #43

SHEET SHOPPING WITH ABHIGYA

*one fine morning*

p: suniye, we need to get more sheets...now that we are sharing the bed they get messy faster than robin can launder them, he told me we should have a bigger collection πŸ‘πŸΌ

a: 😑 that saale robin how dare he talk to you about such things

p: ermm?? it's a housekeeping matter chillax. also he was blushing and stammering poor boy. "bhabhiji...can i make a suggestion..." πŸ˜†

a: yeah but still 😑

p: just take me to the shops already *rolls eyes...smirks slightly* πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

*at the shops*

a: ok chashmish this is very simple, let's just get one of every colour, then we can go back home and start messing them up again...🀑 πŸ˜‰

p: aap kabhi kabhi bahut zyaada badmashi karte hain. this is very important, ok, we need nice comfortable sheets, the colour doesn't matter as much

a: baby everything here is 10,000 count egyptian cotton, it's all good...unless maybe you wanna try the satin ones, i promise those would - 😲

p: hai bhagwan, THIS much for sheets?! πŸ˜’ and that too only the fitted, not even the whole set! πŸ˜‘ uff ho in chembur you could get a hundred sets for that price...chaliye let's go to my mohaalle

a: what what no way  hello i am a rockstar i need -

p: i know what you need, don't i? and more to the point i know what i need. you're all about giving me what i need, aren't you baby? *suggestive voice and arched eyebrows* 😈

a: ☺️ *lattu* ok...meri biwi jo chahti hai wahi hoga...challo let's go to chembur...but suno, don't take too long bargaining...ok?? πŸ˜‰

p: πŸ˜ƒ just think...all the money we will save on sheets...we can spend at your favourite store...victoria's secret?

a: ☒️ 😲...chashmisssh you are... ⭐️

p: that's why you love me naa

a: ❀️
Edited by -mina- - 9 years ago
-mina- thumbnail
[16 Nov/14]

and for a third (and probably not the last ;) time, ishaa/-martinski- made me do it πŸ˜†

originally posted here on AbhiGya AT #43

"the many meanings of kya kar rahi ho tum in the life of abhigya"

*one*

A sees P about to serve the last paneer paratha to Aakash.

"Kya kar rahi ho tum!" πŸ˜•

Translation: Heyyy Chashmish that's mine!!

*two*

A calls P into the bathroom while he's in the tub because "he ran out of shampoo." She hands him a new bottle and turns to leave.

"Kya kar rahi ho tum!" πŸ˜’

Translation: Baby, the shampoo was bahana...come join me, the water's warm. 😈

*three*

A & P are having private biwi-pati time and P sinks to her knees.

"Kya kar rahi ho tum!" πŸ‘πŸΌ

Translation: Oh, yes.

*four*

A & P are getting dressed for diwali and A sees P about to leave the room in her fancy new sari, and for the first time notices her daring blouse.

"Kya kar rahi ho tum!" 😲

Translation: No no no you can't go down like that, that showroom is only khula for me thanks!

*five*

A wakes up in the middle of the night to find pregnant P missing from the bed, he freaks out and searches the house for her. She's in the kitchen, eating chocolate ice cream topped with mango acchar with a side of hot gulab jamun.

"Kya kar rahi ho tum!" 🀒

Translation:  Why are you feeding my junior rockstar this weirdness?! Also please tell me you didn't finish all the gulab jamun!

*six*

A sees that P has booked a week-long trip to Goa for them while the kids are on school holiday, visiting Bulbul Maasi in Australia.

"Kya kar rahi ho tum!" πŸ₯³

Translation: Finally! You remember you have a husband! Chashmish, this deserves a reward...

*seven*

A sees that P is about to serve the last paneer paratha to the irritating boy his little princess has brought home from college.

"Kya kar rahi ho tum!" 😳

Translation: Heyyy Chashmish that's mine!! Isn't enough that I have to watch him making eyes at my daughter! Hey why are you winking at me...nooo that paratha was miiine!! 😭 πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

*eight*

P pulls A away from the dinner table while the kids (not kids anymore, but they're her baache, she will always call them and their friends kids) have dessert, telling everyone, "Well your Papa and I are tired so we are calling it a night! Have fun and stay down here as long as you like. No need for you guys to hurry up to bed!"

"Kya kar rahi ho tum!" 😡

Translation: Woman leave me here I need to watch them -

P pulls him into their bedroom and closes the door and gives him a wicked grin.

"Kya...kar rahi ho tum...?" πŸ˜ƒ

Translation: Well, alright then πŸ˜‰

kubare thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†Mina darling...have read alln your Drabbles...ish...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†at the AT...except for the Bedsheet one & Taming of the Rockstar...loved them all...you truly are a brilliant writer dear...love reading what you write...β­οΈβ­οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘β­οΈβ­οΈ
-mina- thumbnail
thank you krishu!! big hugs!!

sheet shopping is pretty new, and taming kind of got buried quickly since our ATs move so blessedly fast ;) πŸ˜†
FhatTheWuck. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Finally!!! Yayayaya! Thanks minaaa
Diahh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Ooo emm geee! I was so happy when I saw this and then once I went through it all and realized that I have read it all I became happier!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Di I am glad that you made a separate thread! Now it would be easier to find! πŸ˜ƒ

Thank you... And waiting for more drabbles! β­οΈ
renukha871 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Love them, Minaa! Glad you made a special thread for this! Now everyone can laugh their ass out🀣 πŸ€£! Because god knows, I did!!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† Edited by renukha871 - 9 years ago
columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
πŸ₯Ί

Edited by columbia - 9 years ago
-mina- thumbnail
Originally posted by: columbia

πŸ₯Ί

???

you do realize madam bandar on my back, these are way way easier to write than the hook up?! :P