Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HippoSucks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: mr.ass

i also wanted nz to win. but the aussies are king in aussieland. so no study required for predicting it.

similarly aussies are shit in NZ and india, we saw how india beat them in qf last time in 2011. But still, they are slightly better than india because we never thrashed them in 2011 quarterfinals, we just beat them.

If this was in new zealand then they would have been beaten.

The team India beat in 2011 was the worst Australian team in quite some time. They were in a rebuilding process. The Indian team at that time was also the best it has been recently.

If this was in New Zealand, Australia was still most likely going to win. They batted horribly at Auckland and they weren't going to do it again.

Australia has won World Cups in so many different places that crediting home advantage is futile.
mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: HippoSucks

The team India beat in 2011 was the worst Australian team in quite some time. They were in a rebuilding process. The Indian team at that time was also the best it has been recently.  that was it's best? weird! it would NOT have won outside india, that I'm sure. And yes aussies were in a slump.

If this was in New Zealand, Australia was still most likely going to win. They batted horribly at Auckland and they weren't going to do it again. good point, but the kiwis would have a better chance in their home turf.

Australia has won World Cups in so many different places that crediting home advantage is futile. in so many different places, in so many different times. I am talking about this australian team. Like you said before, in 2011 they were at their worst. but even now they aren't particularly as good as the previous cup winning australian teams, and no where NEAR THE 2003 GOD SQUAD. They would have surely reached semis, but finals or winning outside would not have been guaranteed.

Edited by mr.ass - 9 years ago
HippoSucks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

that was it's best? weird! it would NOT have won outside india, that I'm sure. And yes aussies were in a slump.

good point, but the kiwis would have a better chance in their home turf.

in so many different places, in so many different times. I am talking about this australian team. Like you said before, in 2011 they were at their worst. but even now they aren't particularly as good as the previous cup winning australian teams, and no where NEAR THE 2003 GOD SQUAD. Day DreamingThey would have surely reached semis, but finals or winning outside would not have been guaranteed. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was probably the best Indian ODI team in recent times. It would have won anywhere in the subcontinent. 

No team in this millenium comes even close to the 2003 Australian team. But just because they aren't as good doesn't mean they were not the tournament favorites.

Australia reaching finals when the tournament is in their home turf was almost a certainty from the start.

Also you said "similarly aussies are shit in NZ and india, we saw how india beat them in qf last time in 2011." and generalized that Australia is not good outside of Australia. That is why I mentioned their previous record. 
Edited by HippoSucks - 9 years ago
mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: HippoSucks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was probably the best Indian ODI team in recent times. It would have won anywhere in the subcontinent. 

No team in this millenium comes even close to the 2003 Australian team. But just because they aren't as good doesn't mean they were not the tournament favorites.

Australia reaching finals when the tournament is in their home turf was almost a certainty from the start.

Also you said "similarly aussies are shit in NZ and india, we saw how india beat them in qf last time in 2011." and generalized that Australia is not good outside of Australia. That is why I mentioned their previous record. 

but previous implies a different team composition. of course, you said you believe this current team, while not as good as 2003 could have still won anywhere, but I have my doubts.

I have to say though, some of their batsmen ar pure class and starc is brilliant.