•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago
Why is Urmi blaming Ishaan?  
Poor guy, what was Ishaan supposed to say when she asked him (did she really or was this just an FB scene) if Samrat was a good guy?  Ishaan was Samrat's best friend and when you are friends with a person or love someone, you try to see the best in that someone.  Is this the beginning of an MU between Urmi and Ishaan merely for the sake of having an MU for the drama quotient of making him feel guilty and her relenting later on because of all that he is doing to extricate her from hell?  Hope not.  

Ishaan has always been more than nice to Urmi and her family and she needs to keep in mind it was not to be expected of him to come ratting on Samrat to a relative stranger (Urmi was a stranger to Ishaan at that point) who is Samrat's fiancee.  The blame if any should be placed on Gaurav's first wife and Urmi's parents for not doing a proper check on the rat they were tying their daughter to for life.  

BTW, happy that this show has moved up the ranks on the IF page.  
you really dont blame ishaan?
she took ishaans word over trishnas. 
ishaan blatantly lied to her and left her to this mess. hes an idiot who had the dumb idea that once samrat has a woman in his life, he will change. 
when in the world does that happen? scum of the earth will always be scum , married or not. 

he BLATANTLY lied to urmi and covered up for samrat. samrats behavior was bad before marriage but ishaan always found excuses for him. urmi lost 6 or 7 years of her life because of ishaan and now she may loose her son. shes lost her family too. 

ishaan meant well, he really did but his lies ruined urmis life. simple fact
Originally posted by second_chances

you really dont blame ishaan?
she took ishaans word over trishnas. 
ishaan blatantly lied to her and left her to this mess. hes an idiot who had the dumb idea that once samrat has a woman in his life, he will change. 
when in the world does that happen? scum of the earth will always be scum , married or not. 

he BLATANTLY lied to urmi and covered up for samrat. samrats behavior was bad before marriage but ishaan always found excuses for him. urmi lost 6 or 7 years of her life because of ishaan and now she may loose her son. shes lost her family too. 

ishaan meant well, he really did but his lies ruined urmis life. simple fact

Why would Urmi take the word of a stranger about the man she was marrying?  She had the wool pulled over her eyes by everyone involved, including herself, she was romanticizing over the Ratman big time, if I recall right.  

And in Ishaan's defense, as you write, he probably did think SamRat would change for the better, reformed rake and all, and it was not his job to go upsetting someone else's apple cart.  Ishaan had no business telling Urmi anything anyway.  But if Urmi did take Ishaan's word over all else that misled her, then poor Urmi or it makes for the beginnings of an epic love story - she trusted Ishaan more than the man she was about to marry - soul connection ðŸ˜‰
Ishaan and Urmi had developed a good friendship and mutual respect by the time the Goa fiasco happened, so it's not wrong for Urmi to expect Ishaan's honesty. Also when that happened and Ishaan and Rat had a showdown, Ishaan just left without saying anything. Agree that Ishaan was the Rat's friend first but expecting the rat to be faithful and change after cheating on her on their honeymoon was an illogical assumption and Ishaan should have helped Urmi see the facts simply on a humanity basis.Ishaan always tried covering up the Rat's personality prior to the wedding so Ishaan is to be blamed for Urmi's problems
Originally posted by suresh555

Ishaan and Urmi had developed a good friendship and mutual respect by the time the Goa fiasco happened, so it's not wrong for Urmi to expect Ishaan's honesty. Also when that happened and Ishaan and Rat had a showdown, Ishaan just left without saying anything. Agree that Ishaan was the Rat's friend first but expecting the rat to be faithful and change after cheating on her on their honeymoon was an illogical assumption and Ishaan should have helped Urmi see the facts simply on a humanity basis.Ishaan always tried covering up the Rat's personality prior to the wedding so Ishaan is to be blamed for Urmi's problems

Suresh, I think the FB was before the honeymoon in Goa.  And even if Ishaan had wanted, he could not have disclosed to Urmi about Samrat's one night stand in Goa.  He did berate Samrat and they got into a fist fight even, I don't think any outsider especially the guy's friend would tell the guy's wife that his friend was cheating on her.  

The blame lies with Samrat and to some extent with Urmi for putting up with Samrat's callousness. He wouldn't let her meet her mother who had come to visit her (remember the watch incident?) and then the beating, if she believed he could reform after those heinous instances, Ishaan probably thought Samrat was being a jerk but would soon become a model husband to Urmi (before Goa i.e).  The only thing I see wrong in Ishaan's behavior is his trying to cover up for Samrat's rude behavior before the wedding.  He owed nothing to Urmi at that point and probably thought he was trying to do his friend a good turn and hoped that his friend would turn around and see sense.  If Ishaan can be blamed, everyone else except for Trisha should be blamed for Urmi's plight.  There were an unfortunate set of circumstances that led Urmi to her current sorry straits.  
Edited by soapwatcher1 - 9 years ago
I agree I can't see why she is blaming Ishaan.  First of all, her question to Ishaan about Samrat was unfair, you don't ask a man's best friend about him and you have no relation to that friend. If Ishaan was Urmi's brother, cousin or good friend, then I could understand her trusting to ask him about Samrat.  
Secondly, Ishaan did not believe that Samrat was so evil. he said in an episode, that Samrat was not the person he knew all along.  He thought Samrat was just going through some phase and marriage would change him.  Even when Ishaan left the hotel after finding out Samrat was cheating on Urmi on their honeymoon, it would not be his place to tell Urmi about it. 

Urmi needs to take responsibility for her naivety and her stubborn attitude when her cousin told her that Samrat was not a good man.  Yes, her parents are to be blamed too along with her sister in law.  
I was really upset with how Urmi spoke to Ishaan. 
Edited by Hillylove - 9 years ago
URMI SHOULD BE THANFUL TO ISHAAN FOR HELPING HER..
Why did ishaan lie..bloody it's a girls life...nd he shud have told her u take a cal..He is my good frnd I think he is okay u see for ur self ...Sorry but ab guilty hope it's waste..I feel he is totally responsible
Originally posted by Hillylove

I agree I can't see why she is blaming Ishaan. First of all, her question to Ishaan about Samrat was unfair, you don't ask a man's best friend about him and you have no relation to that friend. If Ishaan was Urmi's brother, cousin or good friend, then I could understand her trusting to ask him about Samrat.
Secondly, Ishaan did not believe that Samrat was so evil. he said in an episode, that Samrat was not the person he knew all along. He thought Samrat was just going through some phase and marriage would change him. Even when Ishaan left the hotel after finding out Samrat was cheating on Urmi on their honeymoon, it would not be his place to tell Urmi about it.

Urmi needs to take responsibility for her naivety and her stubborn attitude when her cousin told her that Samrat was not a good man. Yes, her parents are to be blamed too along with her sister in law.
I was really upset with how Urmi spoke to Ishaan.

That's exactly how I see it. Why would she even ask her fiance's best friend if her fiance was good? Of course, the answer would be yes. And for her to keep thinking that "I trusted you the most" and "your answer ruined my life" what bakwas. She didn't know the man from Adam, why would she trust him?
Why isn't she blaming herself for not trusting Trisha?
Yes, Urmi is in dire straits but she is partly responsible for her plight.
Originally posted by myrah13

Why did ishaan lie..bloody it's a girls life...nd he shud have told her u take a cal..He is my good frnd I think he is okay u see for ur self ...Sorry but ab guilty hope it's waste..I feel he is totally responsible

I don't think Ishaan lied, he didn't know the extent of Samrat's evilness. SamRat has progressively gotten worse. Initially Samrat did try to hide his affairs from Urmi, he did try to put on a good front. So how was Ishaan to know that SamRat would cheat on his wife. Ishaan did get into a fist fight with SamRat over that honeymoon incident and cut off relations with the man when he realized how low SamRat could stoop. So to blame Ishaan for something he probably didn't know is wrong.

And why didn't Urmi pay heed to Trisha's warnings? Trisha was her own cousin who knew her well and who had her very best interests at heart.

To blame a stranger is not kosher and Ishaan was a stranger to Urmi at that point.