IF New Design - Please test this link on your Mobile / Tablet

Posted: 9 years ago
As we are reworking on the entire site to make it more mobile/tablet friendly we need your feedback for the smooth functioning of the site. Since there are so many mobile devices that we cannot test with the new design we need your help in testing the same and so that we can eradicate the issues at the beginning itself.

Do check this URL on your Mobile / Tablet / Desktop and it would render differently based on your device from which you are browsing: 

(For desktop users: You can get the idea of the page on how it will look on other device by simply resizing the window but I would still suggest you to test it on Mobile devices)

Since we wanted this migration to be a smooth one unlike our last design change, we have decided to make the current design responsive with incremental changes so that there is less learning curve for our existing members. I would keep you all updated through this thread and will be posting the updates here.

If you find any problem with the rendering of the page please post the screenshot of the same so that we can understand and fix the same.

Update #1:

For all the members who like the current layout they will find a link at the bottom of the page saying : "I want the desktop version" and that will save that setting for that session for the entire site. 😊

Update #2:

For all the members who mentioned about the Slider images to be distorted / blurry / stretched ... it will not be there once we move to the new system as we will then be creating slider images for the new design. Currently its simply placing the current one in the new design. ðŸ˜Š

Update #3:
Working Previews for the most important pages namely Forum Topics and Forum Posts of our site uploaded. Currently the link is made available for visitors who are logged in using their Mobile or Tablet Devices.
How to get the Link?

When a user browsing through a Mobile Device they will find a link which shows how the page will look on the Mobile Friendly version.

Please Note:
We tried to retain the look and just made it Mobile Friendly which will allow our users to get comfortable with the new design and also to get feedback from them on the new design before we actually implement it.. So please do let us know what you think about the same.

Update 4:

Based on our members feedback we have updated the Top Navigation bar for the Mobile to also have one click access to the Login / Dashboard popup.

Update 5:

• Updated the Homepage Slider so that images are not stretched on desktop. There is a minor issue which only appears on certain tablets which we would soon be fixing.
  • The pagination on the Forum Post have been updated to have the same pagination as the current one.
Update 6:

Thank you for the feedback along with the screenshot as that helped us understand your point. We are reworking on this part so that the forum topic list looks more organized and will have a tabular structure (like the old one).

At the same time we are working on bringing back the "My Forums / Scrapbook / Inbox and others"  bar for the Desktop users.

It will be very helpful if you provide the screenshot and please do mention the device name / model along with your feedback.

Regards,
Vijay
Edited by vijay - 9 years ago
nice to ask feedback all the best 

some of my honest feedback: 
the news preview bit seems distorted for me 
sushant's picture is distorted 
It's working great in my iPad ...
There's a bit change in the home page and the dashboard icon.

Honestly, I am happy with current IF design. I am using mobile device and I am not having any issues with it.

New Design is little lengthy n we have to scroll down more to access our desire links but may be in future we get friendly with it.
This is great .. I am 99% of time thru mobile / or tab.. will test it out.. thanks Vijay sir..
Da design changed ,thanx,i mostly use my mobile fr coming online. But the page has become lenghty, Edited by vmpy - 9 years ago
Tested it on my desktop (Chrome for Windows 8) and it totally messed up the layouts. Everything was oversized and distorted.
 My TRUTHFUL feedback its nice But some pics arent clear 
 But all other features of this is Great 
Originally posted by .Farzi.

Tested it on my desktop (Chrome for Windows 8) and it totally messed up the layouts. Everything was oversized and distorted.

Please share the screenshot as that will help us understand.

BTW before that just wanted to ask have you changed the Browser default Font size?

Regards,
Thanks for the new design,but there is problem in loading the page due to its length, I think putting all the channels under a single link might solve the said problem.