Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Deepzz- thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

bmtdluver

"In no more than 300 words explain what you wish to accomplish by winning this contest".   

The answer to my question :  

The contest is, simply, a contest. If I lose, I will be a bit disappointed, but happy for the winner. However, winning will make me feel proud of myself. It is not a grant for a research project, or a life changing competition. But it is an accomplishment. I put time into the multiple rounds of the contest, as did all the other participants. Between classes, tests, clubs, and sleep, I'm glad I was able to find time for the contest and that would be my accomplishment if I win. I was able to balance my time well and I feel proud of myself for doing so.  

Thanks for the contest. It really was fun participating in it, and the different rounds really allowed the participants to showcase different aspects of their talents.   

Edited by -Deepzz- - 9 years ago
-Deepzz- thumbnail

ChaiBiskoot

PART ONE

Traditional Attire .

So its a well stated fact that i am obsessed with weddings ðŸ˜† So naturally i decided to dress myself up for one.If red belongs to bride ,then i automatically take white.I absolutely loved the dress and the hairdo with that pretty pin.I think it all blends well with the whole atmosphere and well i shall look like the moon in the night ðŸ˜‰   

. Formal Evening Attire .

Black.Gold.Silver.Something which captured me instantly when evening wear was mentioned.The geometrical accessories seemed perfect with the dress. ðŸ˜ƒ 

PART TWO 

"If you could make a change to your society in ONE way, just one. What would it be, and how would you go about making that change? Don't give the redundant "I will reduce poverty" answer cause lets face it, what governments haven't been able to do, how will you do on a small scale in your society? Be realistic on this one. 200 words or more".

. Answer .

Change.If one gives you power you would have the urge to upturn a hundred things .Things that affect you on a personal level or society level.But what if I don't get that power? Does my inner self wish to achieve something that brings about a smile to my face?Yes there is one thing I would like to take an initiative with. 

I heard my classmate say," Mujhe English ache se bolna nahi aata.Hindi mein interview lete toh mera confidence nahi girta.Kuch sawaal toh main samajh nahi paayi."Let me tell you that she is an excellent student and even won Hindi elocution competitions. 

My aunt requested me once to join her to her son's school.I remember her saying,"Please mere saath chalo.Woh principal se English mein baat karne nahi hoga.Shayad kuch na kuch miss ho jaaye jo who kahe."   

There you can see the problem.Should a person come home weeping internally because she couldn't speak in a foreign language with her interviewer.Or be hesitant to voice her questions to another one who can very well speak in Hindi but wishes to address in English?That's where my thought process starts.To provide people with something that comes secondary to education.A language that binds us with the rest of the world.Maybe even add a dash of personality development to build your confidence a little more.I would want this to be a social cause rather than a coaching class aimed at earning money.So how do I go about doing this,you might ask?  

Well for starters, I would turn my home into a learning place.Start with a few batches belonging to different age groups  or based on level of grasping power'.I am sure my friends and acquaintances would be glad to assist me in this task.Later I wish to take it forward by targeting vernacular medium schools.An hour of English lecture isn't enough to grab a hold of it.We need a quest to achieve something and those willing to climb this ladder will be given necessary help.If I get assistance from NGO's or if they themselves wish to spread the wings then I believe we can achieve a lot.And this is at a  minimal cost that covers books. 

If we all can look in the eye of the other and decipher what he says and answer back with strength in your  voice, you are through a major hurdle named Fear'. 

-Deepzz- thumbnail
Samrath300 

Part 1 

Part 2 

"Who can be considered a role model for the youth of today and why (can be a celebrity or policitian etc - you are not allowed to use family members or people from the past - has to be someone who is alive)". 

I think Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam, the 11th president of India, and also fondly known as the People's President, is a good role model for today's youth. First of all, he came from a poor background and even had to work at a young age to help his family. However, he was hardworking and had a strong desire to learn- good traits for the youth to have. With his hard work and dedication, he became a world-renowned scientist. He has given many motivational speeches and has interacted a lot with the student community in India. He even launched a mission for the youth of India called "What I Can Give" to fight corruption. He was even nominated for the 2003 MTV Youth Icon of the Year and received the Bharat Ratna! Don't forget that he has made many significant contributions to the field of science like inventing . He is not only innovative, but motivational. As part of the youth myself, he has inspired me in many ways. He has also inspired many other youths and became their role model and will continue to do so. 
-Deepzz- thumbnail

..Tahniat..

(Scroll down for entries)

P A R T 1

Traditional Look:

Pahela Boishakh' is an occasion celebrated among the Bengalis.It is known as their new year.In this festival, women, men and children wear white and red attires. They welcome this festival with the shade of white and red. Since I am a Bengali, I chose this as my attire.

Formal Look:

I always choose to wear a simple salwaar suit, when a formal dinner is held somewhere. Smoky eyes and a red lipstick highlights the look. I usually wear clothes like the salwaar suit above.

P A R T 2

"In terms of fashion, choose one fashion designer and what appeals you about them".

Coco Chanel is a very famous fashion designer and probably the best one of the best in the history of fashion designers. Her sense of fashion is something which created history and literally moved the world of fashion. Her modern thinking is what appeals to me.She was the first [designer] to understand how a modern woman lived. She unchained the women from the old constrictions. Her wide thinking made me love her and that point of her appeals to me the most.

Signature:..Tahniat..

Cheers,

Tahniat.

-Deepzz- thumbnail

nikitagmc

Being a fashionista isn't my thing, nor is it Powerpuff Blossom's, the character I identify with. Mostly, one would see me in comfortable, mostly formal Indian clothes suited to the ambience I work in, i.e a hospital, while Blossom sticks to her regular set of pinks and reds when she goes to fight criminals. 
But there's a girly fashionista side to all of us, all one needs is the event to push you to explore it- so today, I, and my inner Blossom sat down to put together my look for the two important events of our very own Mr. and Ms. IF contest!

~*The Red Carpet Evening Attire*~

How far can Powerpuff Blossom and me go from our favourite red after all? An off shoulder, red corset gown is the pick for the red carpet evening!

Looking for some accessories to match, and looks like these large diamond earrings from Bling are what I need:

A wide diamond bracelet would be next:

Time to set up the hair. 

A ponytail with a difference is what I have in mind, as it will give a twist to the all-formal look I'm planning! Also will put in a bit of shine with this hairclip:

Time for the makeup now! Now loud makeup is not something I'm very comfortable with as I use no makeup on a daily basis. Plus the colour of the gown being so striking in itself, I thought I would just focus on highlighting one facial feature, rather than overdoing the makeup and spoiling the whole look! And eyes would be perfect! 

^Keeping the lip colour light here, and focussing on the eyes.

Here's a little something to complete the whole look!

^A bracelet in one hand and a clutch in the other. Perfecto!

Now all I need is a good, comfortable pair of heels. This is one area where the real Blossom wouldn't have had to worry, lol.

And I'm... ready!!! *Blossom approves*

-X-

~*Nazakat and nuances- the traditional evening*~

Both me and my inner Blossom have decided against any repetition of Reds and Pinks, our favourite colours, and instead settled on this:

^^This Manish Malhotra creation with just a bit of pink thrown in is exactly what I needed. I love the work on the dupatta and I shall use it in more or less the same way.

Accessories for the evening- diamond and gold earrings and swarovsky bracelet.

^Anything more would be an overkill considering the outfit is so shimmery in itself.

I'll leave my hair open with a center parting keeping it naturally wavy:

And will be going light on the makeup with just some dull gold and brown eyeshadow and not so bright lip colour. 

Ending the look with these beautiful pink and silver stilletoes:

Phew, I'm tired, and so is my inner Blossom! I think neither of us have dressed so much in our lives!

PART 2:

"Name one fictional character [book/movie/show] who is an inspiration to you, and why. Answer in at least 150 words".

I remember I was in Class XIth, preparing for my medical entrance exams when Munnabhai MBBS had released. I was highly inspired by the character of Munnabhai in the movie which emphasized that it is important to be a good person before anything else in life. We do not even realise how much small expressions count in life. A little joke, a little hug, anything which can make people laugh or forget their pain for a moment is worth it- and for me, who is surrounded with people upset, irritated and sad bcos of pain or suffering the whole time, it proved to be an important lesson over time. Patients do not just remember the person who helped them get better, but also the one who helped them feel better. It is important to be not just a doctor, but a healer in the true sense, and empathize with not just your patients, but everyone else around us.

Of course, it is not easy. In government hospitals where there is so much work and frustration, spending quality time consoling and talking to patients is a challenge in itself. But this is a challenge I try to fulfill, sometimes by a quick pat and 'Hi!' as I cross the patient, and sometimes by a quick repartee that makes them smile. Hopefully, with time, I'll get better at it, Munna Bhai style. Kabhi na kabhi toh, Subah hogi Mamu! ðŸ˜‰