Debate Mansion

Ash:Misjudged/Overrated/Hated for nothing (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 33

*Shona*

IF-Veteran Member

*Shona*

Posted: 01 October 2006 at 8:35am | IP Logged
Making comments like "Ash is jinxed" is really wrong. How many of us actually know Ash in person or how many of us have read Ash's kundli??!! Confused

These statements are nothing but silly comments made with immaturity or jealousy.

Now I'm not really an Ash fan. But I think some credit should be given to her. She has done some really good work .. she is beautiful .. and she is successful.

I hate it when people say .. shez not beautiful .. its the make-up!! sheesh .. who doesnt use make-up?? which actress comes on screen without using make-up in this day & age??!!!

I love it when I see an Indian actress in the L'oreal commercial!! It feels proud to be an Indian.

About her fake accents .. I havent really seen any of those interviews .. except the Oprah one. And I think she was fine.

Also one cannot represent India but just wearing a Saree. People were getting all mad that she didnt wear a saree or an Indian dress in Cannes or Oprah or watever... well Preity went to Cannes and she didnt wear a Saree ... why didnt anyone point fingers at her??? Confused

I live in Canada .. and I am proud to be an Indian .. but does that mean to "prove" that proudness I have to wear salwar-kameez or a saree to work??

Overall, I dont think she is over-rated or under-rated. However, she has been getting too much criticism lately .. which I, personally, dont think is right. Ash is a beatiful, sophisticated woman and has represented India beatifully.

Again, just my opinions .. no offence to anyone.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ash:Misjudged/Overrated/Hated for nothing (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

komalash

IF-Rockerz

komalash

Posted: 01 October 2006 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by saniyaa

[QUOTE=jigglypuff726]

okie, ashwariya rai has to be one of the most overrated actresses in bollywood. she is beautiful, but so are a dozen girls out there. LOLshe's a good actress? she has won incredible critical acclaim for films like choker bali and raincoat. but kareena kapoor did a much better job in 'chameli'.Clap but yet, who got more publicity? it's ash. why? maybe the tag 'miss world' carries immense weight. even enough for people's judgement to be clouded.

a saree is considered sexy and unique in the west. u can promote a beauty product in a saree. Clap there is nothing wrong with tt. she is an indian woman. yet, i don't see her being proud of tt. hey, she's aishwarya rai!! people go for her star value and immense popularity.LOL some people will buy that product even if she's wearing curtains to advertise it. LOL

1)If ASH got popularity....then kareena got the award thatmeans kareena was given more appreciation...Thumbs Down

2)Itz not any Indian washing powder add that she shud wear a saree....Itz not like if ppl ppl in west like sarees so she shud do add in sarees...she does not hav to promote Indian culture in the add...she has to promote those comapany products....Thumbs Up

komalash

IF-Rockerz

komalash

Posted: 01 October 2006 at 8:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by J.

Making comments like "Ash is jinxed" is really wrong. How many of us actually know Ash in person or how many of us have read Ash's kundli??!! Confused

These statements are nothing but silly comments made with immaturity or jealousy.

Now I'm not really an Ash fan. But I think some credit should be given to her. She has done some really good work .. she is beautiful .. and she is successful.

I hate it when people say .. shez not beautiful .. its the make-up!! sheesh .. who doesnt use make-up?? which actress comes on screen without using make-up in this day & age??!!!

I love it when I see an Indian actress in the L'oreal commercial!! It feels proud to be an Indian.

About her fake accents .. I havent really seen any of those interviews .. except the Oprah one. And I think she was fine.

Also one cannot represent India but just wearing a Saree. People were getting all mad that she didnt wear a saree or an Indian dress in Cannes or Oprah or watever... well Preity went to Cannes and she didnt wear a Saree ... why didnt anyone point fingers at her??? Confused

I live in Canada .. and I am proud to be an Indian .. but does that mean to "prove" that proudness I have to wear salwar-kameez or a saree to work??

Overall, I dont think she is over-rated or under-rated. However, she has been getting too much criticism lately .. which I, personally, dont think is right. Ash is a beatiful, sophisticated woman and has represented India beatifully.

wow....I luv u yaar...very well said...Clap

TheRowdiest

IF-Sizzlerz

TheRowdiest

Posted: 01 October 2006 at 8:41am | IP Logged

Originally posted by rads_2cool

7)And now there are people who dislike her for the sole reason that she is with Abhishek Bachchan??

Yes Evil SmileEvil SmileEvil Smile the main reason is this. It is rumoured  that She ruined Salman Khan's life(though I don't like Salman Khan that much) and even  Vivek's life(I felt they would be a perfect pair) and Vivek is said to be ruined because of Aish CryCry. I started hating her because i don't want my Abhi to go through this phase.Though rumours may be false but still I don't want Ash and Abhi together.Even if Abhishek marries Mallika Sherawat I won't mind but i don't want Aish and Abhi Cry. I donno the reason though

I m totally agree with u. its only Ash who ruined Vivek's careerCry. Thats why I hate herAngry.

so many ppl r saying that it was Vivek's gain to get link with Ash & its only Ash who lost. what she lost? nothing! & Vivek lost everything. Most important his careerCry. His career was going fantastic. he had Saathiya, a hit movie & good banner's movies in his kitty. but Ash ke chungal mein fasne ke baad apna career kharab kar liya.like Salman did. but he got up again with Tere Naam.

one person can be wrong.but not two .I always blamed Salman for troubling Ash but After Vivek's , I understand Salman cant be 100% guilty ( i m talking abt only what he did with Ash not his other deeds)

Salman can wrong but Salman & Vivek both cant be wrong it means Ash also did something wrong with them. thats why after realising his mistake Vivek went to hospital to meet Salman's sick mother.

I think its Ash's mother who always interfere in her love life .agar Abhi apna career chahta hai to ash se bach ke rehna padega.

*Shona*

IF-Veteran Member

*Shona*

Posted: 01 October 2006 at 8:49am | IP Logged
How is Ash responsible for ruining Vivek's career??

Choosing good scripts, working with good directors is something thats a personal choice. I dont think Ash forced him to work with certain directors or take up certain scripts.

One can get suggestions but at the end of the day choosing your work is your personal choice.

Saying that Ash is repsonsible for ruining Vivek's career is a very personal statment. Its a personal belief .. not a fact.

insouciance

IF-Rockerz

insouciance

Posted: 01 October 2006 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rajeev Ki Heer

I m totally agree with u. its only Ash who ruined Vivek's careerCry. Thats why I hate herAngry.

How exactly did she ruin vivek's career...Vivek did have a decent debut with company,his road flopped big time,and saathiya was a hit(not because of vivek,but because of the wonderful storyline,and great music)...Vivek had one hit,and one critically acclaimed movie(company)

he then went on to antagonize sallu....WHich was uncalled for..he stood up for himself and for his woman(which is highly appreciated)..Vivek had Kaal,which was a big banner movie..now the movie flopped...Vivek had Kisna,another big banner movie which flopped..and after two flops,the media wrote him off...How was Ash responsible for the flops...It wasnt she who egged on people not to go to the theatres to watch these movies...SO how is she responsible for Vivek's bad career choices...FYI,Humtum was offered to Vivek,which he refused..now,had he accepted it,and had it been a hit,his career wouldnt have been in this shape..It was his call not to do humtum,Not Ash's.......

so many ppl r saying that it was Vivek's gain to get link with Ash & its only Ash who lost. what she lost? nothing! & Vivek lost everything. Most important his careerCry.

again how..I dont think the industry works based on who is dating who..If that was the main criterion,then Vidya balan who isnt dating anyone wouldnt have made the cut....Priety was dumped by so many men,before she found Ness...If "being in a relationship" is the onlt criterion,PZ wouldnt have found work.....

His career was going fantastic. he had Saathiya, a hit movie & good banner's movies in his kitty. but Ash ke chungal mein fasne ke baad apna career kharab kar liya.like Salman did. but he got up again with Tere Naam.

Tell me,does Ash influence producers..I'm sure she doesnt have that much clout,that producers cast and throw out people at Ash's beck and call...After HDDCS,Salman had some really BAD movies,his own choice....and mind you,Salman was a bigger star when Ash dumped him,thus he wielded more power than Ash..If salman went on a self destructive mode,it only him who should be blamed

one person can be wrong.but not two .I always blamed Salman for troubling Ash but After Vivek's , I understand Salman cant be 100% guilty ( i m talking abt only what he did with Ash not his other deeds)

WHATTTTTTTTTT...ConfusedConfusedSo you're saying the hurt he inflicted on Ash is justified...So,is it absolutely ok if a woman is battered,abused and manhandled...Dont tell me you are subscribing to these antediluvian viewsOuch

Salman can wrong but Salman & Vivek both cant be wrong it means Ash also did something wrong with them. thats why after realising his mistake Vivek went to hospital to meet Salman's sick mother.

How did she wrong them...Yeah,she called it splits,but that's her personal life .....She has the right to date whomever she wants,and not whom we want her to date..

Vivek offered salman the olive branch on KWK itself,when he was still with Ash..he himself agreed that it was childish and stupid on his part to antagonize salman and wash his dirty linen in public...All that was said when he was still with Ash.....Thus,Vivek's wanting to redeem his mistake long back...So why say he realized only after splitting with ash

I think its Ash's mother who always interfere in her love life .agar Abhi apna career chahta hai to ash se bach ke rehna padega.

Again,something about which none of know even a wee bit..WHy bring people,whom we dont know from adams and then accuseConfused

insouciance

IF-Rockerz

insouciance

Posted: 01 October 2006 at 9:05am | IP Logged

[QUOTE=J.]

Originally posted by J.

How is Ash responsible for ruining Vivek's career??

Choosing good scripts, working with good directors is something thats a personal choice. I dont think Ash forced him to work with certain directors or take up certain scripts.

One can get suggestions but at the end of the day choosing your work is your personal choice.

Saying that Ash is repsonsible for ruining Vivek's career is a very personal statment. Its a personal belief .. not a fact.

[/QUOTE]

Very Very eloquently put JasClapClap...You're so judicious

Edited by Buffie - 01 October 2006 at 9:06am

~@$hm@~

IF-Sizzlerz

~@$hm@~

Posted: 01 October 2006 at 9:19am | IP Logged

Originally posted by J.

Jas dii..Im not an ash fan either but I so agree wid u!!ClapClapTongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top