Debate Mansion

Ash:Misjudged/Overrated/Hated for nothing (Page 32)

Post Reply New Post

Page 32 of 33

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 12:04am | IP Logged
Big smile
Originally posted by joie de vivre

Originally posted by TallyHo

Simi interviwed Aish...How did I miss THAT...

Fake se Fake mile kar kar lambe haath!( apologies to Tulsidas) Tongue LOL

Here's the link...Watch it if you wishBig smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4X83nV1aL4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU1NtV4UC8Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI_pzyj__Uw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9De_dCp4O0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HAx42f-_fA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v3Vh_tzWIU

I will...

thanks!Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ash:Misjudged/Overrated/Hated for nothing (Page 32)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

joie de vivre

Goldie

joie de vivre

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 12:10am | IP Logged

Big smile[ I will...

thanks!Big smile

Anytime!!..And do post your opinions about the interview....I mean,I seem to be in a minority of one who absolutely loathed the interviewLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 12:13am | IP Logged

Big smile[ I will...

thanks!Big smile

Anytime!!..And do post your opinions about the interview....I mean,I seem to be in a minority of one who absolutely loathed the interviewLOL

I am pretty sure I will side you...even before watching it!Wink

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 11:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sandya_rao7

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by Guardian Angel

Originally posted by legallyblonde21

1)Also when Ash appeared on 60 minutes or Oprah or Letterman or GMA no one in India chose to see it as--oh gosh,cheers for Ash, she's a great ambassador for our culture and our films and our country; and instead people choose to focus on her giggles..she giggled...SOOOOOOOOOOOOO??She was still poised;and gave great interviews Clap Clap

why all the negativity for just one person??? Ouch

I watched this interview and she was absolutely great.  She was poised and gave very good answers.  I became her fan after thatSmile

She has only 3 hits in ten years?  I wonder why?Ouch

I think its more. I think you left Dhoom and one of those bangla films... She is extremely emotive... teh eyes speak a lot, she has a sound body lnguage... And she is way ahead of the karina's....Choosing fewer but good films thats prudenxe. Lookl at urmila's hits... she has been picky but precise...so is amir..

i dont think she can be compared to aamir in any way he is far more successful and much better actor than her. even karina even though i dont like her but she acts better than ash. in dhoom her acting was hopeless.

can you give some facts - in which way is he more successful than Ash?....

Also Dhoom role was not supposed to be a meena kumari incarnate - it was supposed to be a vain one.. and she did it well...infact nobody was really acting...everybody was just vain...she also got the role in bride and prejudice... The only actress who does betterthan her  is Rani...... although Rani looked as hopeless in Kank...sometimes directors put her in slots which are not suited for her.....HDDCS.. still remains her classic... Kareena has nothing close... take for example urmila in rangeela.. you can always say it was bad... but I would still think she did a great job...

Regarding her interview with letterman... she did her best to sound traditional and trendy... which is veri admirable... if anyone criticizing her for the interview cite some specific short-comings it would be like trying tojust substantiat their biases against her without reason..

After all... it doesnt demand more reason to say "I dont like... "Smile

Edited by qwertyesque - 21 October 2007 at 11:32am

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 2:35pm | IP Logged

I am pretty sure I will side you...even before watching it!Wink

I saw the interview and it was ok. Simi is no SLB or M Ratnam. LOL I don't think anyone should be taking these interviews seriously as the actors are never humble and easy in front of any camera as we hope them to be . Why should an actor be judged on how they conduct themselves on interview. I feel the only well rounded perfect star who does equally well in  the interviews as well as movies is AB. Lot of hollywood actors make fool of themselves on Lettermen or some other interviews.

Ash was stupendous in HDCSS and excellent in Devdas and Josh and Dhoom. She had very few lines in Raincoat and she did well.  

Edited by lighthouse - 21 October 2007 at 2:37pm

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 9:40pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sandya_rao7

qwertyesque see if u like ash its perfectly fine but she is no where as sucessful as aamir. firstly the amount of hits aamir has given is much more than ash. then her quality of the movies done by him, his expressions versatality everything is far better than ash. and one more thing is that ash is not a sensitive actress. i think kareena is a better actress karishma kajol many even rani(i dont like her either) is better and bipasha too.
in dhoom ash got maximum footage but she did not use it. her acting was just plain.in HDDCS or Devdas had there been another actress she would have done the role much better.
if u like ash fine with me but plz dont compare her to Aamir or dont say she is the best actress in the indutry bcoz there r far more better once than her.

Sandhya_rao7 i can say exactly the same about aamir. Frankly I like aamir more for his comedy than acting... the only one where he close to acting well was Sarfarosh.. rest all were comedies...andaz apna apna.... lagaan was big because of cricket i would think justl like cycle racing.... hockey matches....

Aamir became successful more for his flair for comedy.. whether its RDB, DCH... etc... Ash has displayed a class of a emotive actress... I dont say she is a meena kumari....but compared to todays actress and the kind of expectations set... of them she does a lot of justice.....

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 22 October 2007 at 6:45pm | IP Logged

During her early days her acting was pathetic however Ash really worked hard and we can see gradual improvement in her and now she is one of the best actresses in industry .. Aankhain bolti hain .
I like her rain coat. I haven't seen Guru yet but in one of the song video there are different clips from flim.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xfMcdt9591c

I like her expression in those clips I am sure she must have done good job in film .

Post Reply New Post

Go to top