Debate Mansion

Ash:Misjudged/Overrated/Hated for nothing (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 33

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 30 September 2006 at 4:02pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Buffie

Where does all the woman emancipation crap go ...Women badmouth women,and then crib the the world is male dominated..whe women themselves bitch about fellow women,then the adage" those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones" holds good...

Anyways,I've got so much to say on this,will be back

Hmnnnnnnnnnn.....very interesting Buffie.......wish that would actually get translated by you into action in the forum itself..especially  when it's just a matter of some white pants,red bangles and some clinging to someone's own husband......WinkLOL.after all,that too is a matter of a woman's choice.........LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ash:Misjudged/Overrated/Hated for nothing (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rhabia

rhabia

Posted: 30 September 2006 at 5:02pm | IP Logged
hey good topic, although im not a fan of aish, but yeah she does get disd a lot mind you most ppl (well the few) that step out from bolly and go into other cinema get bashed alot i.e Gulshan, Kabir Bedi. I wonder if SRK would, but newyz this is whats ben happening for awhile now.
As for rships, well salu has always been in a dilema and with aish was not the 1st (but hopefully will be d last). The whole beneficial thing worked both ways as for getting involved with the issue gave both aish and viveik media whether its good or bad publicity is publicity, and i heard it was viveik who wanted to get married but aish broke his heart oh well.
The whole clothes thing well you have the asain metality der eventhough if you look around in india itself girls wear quite fashionable an 'advance' as one would say clothing, very revealing BUT NO SCOPE IS PUT ON HOMEGROUNDS
Oh and as for the Oprah W show i think a newspaper article said that her accent was all mixed up she was trying to be British, American and Indian at the same time in her accent Confused well have not actually seen it but i guess it shows that maybe she's trying to hard Confused
Oh and another factor that makes ppl dis her is not salu, abhi or whatever but JEALOUSY   

Edited by rhabia - 30 September 2006 at 5:05pm

Selina

IF-Sizzlerz

Selina

Posted: 30 September 2006 at 5:33pm | IP Logged
I dont think anyone can deny the fact that Ash is beautiful.. and they dont. She deserved to be Miss World.

Most people dislike her because of the "act" she puts up in front of the media. Thats my only reason too.

If you've seen any of her interviews.. you will notice.. how her accents vary from one to another. In interviews to Indian reporters, she speaks normally and in an indianized way.. but if you see her interviews with Oprah etc.. you can see that she is clearly trying to be someone shes not (with a totally weird accent thats neither American, British or Indian.)

And coming to her acting.. shes not THAT great an actress, but shes better than a lot of people out there.

BeautifulBillo

IF-Dazzler

BeautifulBillo

Posted: 30 September 2006 at 5:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

Where does all the woman emancipation crap go ...Women badmouth women,and then crib the the world is male dominated..whe women themselves bitch about fellow women,then the adage" those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones" holds good...

Hmnnnnnnnnnn.....very interesting Buffie.......wish that would actually get translated by you into action in the forum itself..especially  when it's just a matter of some white pants,red bangles and some clinging to someone's own husband......WinkLOL.after all,that too is a matter of a woman's choice.........LOL

Minnie--the person who wears the white pants;red bangles; and clinngggggsssss as if homage is being paid to the Sean Paul song "Like Glue" can never ever EVEERRRRR even with the help of fake lenses be as DIGNIFIED and ELEGANT as Ash and thus due to her obnoxious public behaviour will get a lot of flak; tell me when have you heard Ash screeeeeeeeeeech in public; when has Ash been seen CLINGGGGIINNGGGGGGGGG to her beau; and believe me even Ash's wardrobe at Cannes 2003 was eeewww--and that something Buffzz will admit as wellTongue; Ash was soooo polite when approached during the Provoked shooting in London and SS's nakhre when approached are infamous; Ash is gorgeous and fair BUT has never once made fun of dark people like Priyanka Chopra on national tv; Ash has yet to gloatttt about the girls that go gagagaggaa over her beau--and if indeed her beau is Abhishek then that list is LOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!

and thus for the above reason; the person you mention cannot fall under the category because all RESPECT is lost

Edited by legallyblonde21 - 30 September 2006 at 5:56pm

live_life

IF-Rockerz

live_life

Posted: 30 September 2006 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
i think she is a good actress coz her work in movies like HDDCS raincoat(my favorite) devdas chokher bali. media alwayz wants to make fun of her and make money outta her. if she doesn't wanna discuss her personal life then why push it it's evrybody right to do what they wanna do with their personal life why is it an exception with ash. i have seen in most articles that they misinterpret what ash says and prints it as if she said bad abt her colleages. that's outrageous. i like her as an actress and really mad towards ppl who just try to rip her apart.

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 30 September 2006 at 6:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by legallyblonde21

Minnie--the person who wears the white pants;red bangles; and clinngggggsssss as if homage is being paid to the Sean Paul song "Like Glue" can never ever EVEERRRRR even with the help of fake lenses be as DIGNIFIED and ELEGANT as Ash and thus due to her obnoxious public behaviour will get a lot of flak; tell me when have you heard Ash screeeeeeeeeeech in public; when has Ash been seen CLINGGGGIINNGGGGGGGGG to her beau; and believe me even Ash's wardrobe at Cannes 2003 was eeewww--and that something Buffzz will admit as wellTongue; Ash was soooo polite when approached during the Provoked shooting in London and SS's nakhre when approached are infamous; Ash is gorgeous and fair BUT has never once made fun of dark people like Priyanka Chopra on national tv; Ash has yet to gloatttt about the girls that go gagagaggaa over her beau--and if indeed her beau is Abhishek then that list is LOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!

and thus for the above reason; the person you mention cannot fall under the category because all RESPECT is lost

LOL Oh LB,you never give up LOL

Well, for some, that is dubbed as 'attitude'........Wink.a prerequisite for some for success.....LOL

insouciance

IF-Rockerz

insouciance

Posted: 30 September 2006 at 10:21pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by legallyblonde21

LOL Oh LB,you never give up LOL

Well, for some, that is dubbed as 'attitude'........Wink.a prerequisite for some for success.....LOL

Minnie,there's a difference between commenting on how a celebrity looked at a party/conducted himself/herself at a public event and commenting on a celebrity's innate nature and private life to which we have no access barring the hyperbolized and sensationalized news the yellow journalists carry

Now Ash was badly dressed at Cannes 2003,she was on an international platform,and her attire was BAD...Commenting on that,is different from commenting on how she 'ruined vivek and salman's" life,how she is unlucky for every male star,how she is a "panvati"(whatever that means) ,how she "engineers her beau into nefarious deeds"..Now that's what's called libellous accusations ....

Ash is rumoured to be dating Abhishek..Now if that's indeed true,and if Ash clings on to abhishek at every public evernt,thus giving the feelers that she's insecure(and she has alllllllll the reasons,doesnt she..Afterall,this isnt any low to middling television actor ..This is ABhishek BachchanEmbarrassed,the heartthrob of innumerable,and especially now that the entire world doesnt want them together,she has all her reasons to feel insecure)...If she starts to cling at every award function/party/press meet etcetera,people would say that she's insecure,and that's something which people would have observed themselves,at not one,but many occassions.....

If Ash and Abhi as a pair repeatedly commit social solecism(God forbid) and repeatedly commit gaffes on national television(imagine,Abhi running into Ash,as though he wants to devour her upDead) and repeatedly make an exhibition of themselves,they would be mocked at,not only by the fans,but also by the media(and me too..If then the abhishek fans howl saying that he shouldnt be dissed,i'd call them what i call the fans of "you know who"..i.e. biased).....If Ash makes chauvinistic comments on how "dark skinned babies arent the most cute"(C'mon,which person in the right mind would even say that on tv..and ofcourse,one has fans to defend even thatDead),she would be slammed....If Ash wears the same clothes to every event,she would be ridiculed!...If Ash goes on to gloat how gorgeous ABhishek is,and how lucky she is to have him,and how no one else has him,you know what the aftermath would be LOL.......

and as yourself have said"attitude"....Attitude doesnt go well with people,humility is asppreciated,attitude and high handedness is dissedTongue

Thus you see,commenting on a "public behaviour",which is not even a wee bit made up/conceived in the mind,but which is there for everyone to see  and commenting on how a woman is "unlucky for men,and how she uses men" are completely different.....Star would be scrutinized,and their "PUBLIC BEHAVIOUR" would be applauded/criticized....But calling a woman "unlucky,jinxed,someone who casts a hex,how a woman has an evil eye,how she finagles to reach the top" is so vicious,and when women make such odious remarks,what to expect from menOuch

Edited by Buffie - 01 October 2006 at 9:13am

Jyoti_2006

IF-Dazzler

Jyoti_2006

Posted: 30 September 2006 at 11:35pm | IP Logged

Minnie... bang on... Claptoo good... I hope you remember me ... 

Thanks,

JD

Edited by Jyoti_2006 - 30 September 2006 at 11:36pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top