Debate Mansion

Ash:Misjudged/Overrated/Hated for nothing (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 33

Page 1
Page   of 33
Page 3 Page 33

komalash

IF-Rockerz

komalash

Posted: 30 September 2006 at 6:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by legallyblonde21

1)3 hits in 10 years-->is Aishwarya Rai india's most over-rated actress??

I dun think that ASH is India's most over-rated actress!!!The thing is shez the only Indian actress who has got those skills n potential...n thats the reason ppl are liking her...Liking her too much n over rating her are 3 different things...I think shez the most under-rated actress coz shez alwayz bashed on no reasons...whenever she has given a good performance in films which were not a hit shez not even appreciated for those films(Raincoat n Choker bali)...Whereas actress like kareena n rani who jst did Chameli n was given an award for that acting...N rani mukherji did black n ppl started saying that shez the best actressConfused....y???only for one film???Ash has given marvelous performances in too many films but the indians dun understand it...!!!Angry

2)is the media just after her for no reason at all??

YES!!!The media is definitly after her for no reason...take an example of this new buzz going around everywhere abt that topi which ASH is wearing in Umrao Jaan....Even though the director hav said that they hav read a book of that century in which they hav seen women wearing those caps...but then also they are all the time ready to spread these kinda stupid things!!!Ouch

3)is it just good directors that can bring out her best??

Emmmm...not really....actually these questions cumz jst bcoz ASH's superhit films were by the big directors only...I'll say it agen....ASH's performance in Raincoat n Choker bali was amazing but as it was not by any big or famous director it was not noticed much....n thats not fair...we shud she performances not how big the budget or the film maker is...Dead

4)what of movies like Chokher Bali and Raincoat???her performances were critically acclaimed but because these movies weren't hits they do not count..how fair is that??

It is not fair at all...hav already said at these 2 films in my previous answers...Tongue

5)She was wonderful according to critics in the UK and the US--critics who panned Krrish a movie that was a blockbuster in india--in the role of Kamaljeet Ahluwalia in Provoked but because this movie wasnt that big a success in India, it doesn't get as much as a mention??

Yes thats the thing with Indian ppl....Instead of promoting n appreciating her they dun even bother abt her...shez the only Indian actress who is representing India internationally...Indians shud be proud of her...To make her successful they shud hav made it a blockbuster....Angry

6)Bride & Prejudice made 1 million pounds in the opening weekend itself which means that not just indians or other ppl from the indian sub continent BUt people of all colors watched that film--however the indian press once again engaged in the personal vitriolic slander of Aishwarya--how fair is that??Just because she had the courage to stand against the biggest brat in Bollywood???

That biggest bratOuch!!!Dun want to talk abt that....!!!I'll only say that the media is never fair wid her....n i think this is jst the biggest disadvantage for her for being a super star...Angry

7)And now there are people who dislike her for the sole reason that she is with Abhishek Bachchan??

Ppl shud not interfare in the personal lifes of the stars....If they like each other n want to marry,who are they to say anything abt their relationship....They are actors that doesnt mean that they hav becum public property now...Plz ppl get a life....U all shud think that actor do hav their own lifes too!!!Tongue

8)People attack her clothes at cannes and then when she wears great designers chooe to argue about how she should wear saris because she doesnt have good legs??Who would promote L'Oreal & Longiness in a sari??these r intl brands--doesnt she have to identify with the people who will buy them because not just indians will..

Actually those ppl hav nothing to do thats y they start saying things like that abt her...Jst think abt it....jst think abt it yaar....I really agree that how would they promote L'Oreal n Longiness by making ASH wear a sari...the ppl who say these things dun hav brains...Ash k kapro ko to chor doo...Angry

9)why does Ash manage to receive so much flak and prejudice for no rhyme or reason??is it because being a woman she stood up for herself against an abusive psycho salman KhanAngry

Itz simple...coz I think media ppl hav also cum to a conclusion that shez the only actress who can handle each n every issue very bravely...Ager koi aur actress hoti to pata chalta....N that phycho...dun want to talk abt that monster!!!

I just wondered what people thought about all this becaue I fail to understand why she is targetted for no rhyme or reason..

Edited by komalash - 30 September 2006 at 7:00am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ash:Misjudged/Overrated/Hated for nothing (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 30 September 2006 at 7:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by buffie

LOL,first of its kind probably in the entire IF....Till now,IF has been pullutated with threads like "Ash or Rani".."Ash or sush"..."Rani or ash for abhi" etc.....

BUFFIEEEEEEE Angry Meri sweets ki dushman na bano Tongue Wink LOL first of its kind at DM without "Ash bashing" by Buffie-LB jodi Wink (i deserve sweets!!LOL)

insouciance

IF-Rockerz

insouciance

Posted: 30 September 2006 at 7:34am | IP Logged

Originally posted by MNMS

LOL,first of its kind probably in the entire IF....Till now,IF has been pullutated with threads like "Ash or Rani".."Ash or sush"..."Rani or ash for abhi" etc.....

BUFFIEEEEEEE Angry Meri sweets ki dushman na bano Tongue Wink LOL first of its kind at DM without "Ash bashing" by Buffie-LB jodi Wink (i deserve sweets!!LOL)

We've never bashed dignified people like Ash..We diss only  "head oh so superinflated" television couples,television stars,and bollywood wannabies,and assey bollywood starsTongue

indian888

IF-Sizzlerz

indian888

Posted: 30 September 2006 at 8:08am | IP Logged
well said komal

i totally agreee Tongue

1)3 hits in 10 years-->is Aishwarya Rai india's most over-rated actress??

no ways it not about hits , its about performance , she has given fabolus performance in all her movie , just see choker bali fabolus performance , but not hit Confused

2)is the media just after her for no reason at all??

yes , they r trying to degrade her

3)is it just good directors that can bring out her best??

No , its teh good role the charter is bound to b strong , and she has proved that even with new directors she has done fablous jobs

4)what of movies like Chokher Bali and Raincoat???her performances were critically acclaimed but because these movies weren't hits they do not count..how fair is that??

It is not fair at all...

5)She was wonderful according to critics in the UK and the US--critics who panned Krrish a movie that was a blockbuster in india--in the role of Kamaljeet Ahluwalia in Provoked but because this movie wasnt that big a success in India, it doesn't get as much as a mention??

thats because , majority ppl in india hv still not grown upo that level to accepts that movies but she has taken a challenge by doing such kind of movie , which no other actress hv done .... Clap Clap

6)Bride & Prejudice made 1 million pounds in the opening weekend itself which means that not just indians or other ppl from the indian sub continent BUt people of all colors watched that film--however the indian press once again engaged in the personal vitriolic slander of Aishwarya--how fair is that??Just because she had the courage to stand against the biggest brat in Bollywood???

media always try to degrade her , as she is very popular , any news of her will spread like fire so medioa use that as their cheap publicity tool...

7)And now there are people who dislike her for the sole reason that she is with Abhishek Bachchan??

thats her personal life , media should stay away

8)People attack her clothes at cannes and then when she wears great designers chooe to argue about how she should wear saris because she doesnt have good legs??Who would promote L'Oreal & Longiness in a sari??these r intl brands--doesnt she have to identify with the people who will buy them because not just indians will..

jealousy , as oversae media like ash so local media try to degrade her

9)why does Ash manage to receive so much flak and prejudice for no rhyme or reason??is it because being a woman she stood up for herself against an abusive psycho salman Khan

again media , media tries to do that !!!

komalash

IF-Rockerz

komalash

Posted: 30 September 2006 at 8:19am | IP Logged
Bitu very well said haan....good good... Clap

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 30 September 2006 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Buffie

Originally posted by MNMS

We've never bashed dignified people like Ash..We diss only  "head oh so superinflated" television couples,television stars,and bollywood wannabies,and assey bollywood starsTongue

Not Ash but they are bollywood people naaTongue...so.. first time "No bashing topic" at DMTongueTongueTongue ... ab sweet laaaooLOL

TheRowdiest

IF-Sizzlerz

TheRowdiest

Posted: 30 September 2006 at 11:26am | IP Logged

I dont want to say anything abt her .I dont even want to bash herAngry. bcz I hate her. she spoiled My Vivek's career & broke his heart CryCry

Tomiko

IF-Sizzlerz

Tomiko

Posted: 30 September 2006 at 2:54pm | IP Logged

First of all............brilliant answers Meera, Buffie and KomalClap

To tired to go through the questiones, so I'll answer them all here:

I have no idea why Ash is so hated!!........atleast here in the UK i know a lot of people who are great fans of her........she's not one of my favourite Bollywood stars.......in fact I hardly see her now, but she is one fab actress!..........even the movies that weren't hits were good to watch 'cause of the acting!

About her love life......I really fail to understand why everybody sides Vivek and Salman?!.........I mean, did she cheat on them?!.......rip out thir hearts and stamp on them?!.......in fact, Vivek is the one who's benefited from this relationship..........Ash has only lost out!

I guess people just want a scapegoat..........someone to blame for the ups and downs of your favourite actor.......and if those around you have negative thoughts - you just pick them up automatically!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top