Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

   

Ash:Misjudged/Overrated/Hated for nothing (Page 10)

Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Joined: 29 December 2004
Posts: 10102

Posted: 01 October 2006 at 10:54am | IP Logged

Originally posted by niya

How come its discussing her outfit at Cannes now? LOL

lolzz.. that was one of the original questions I think!! LOL

Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Joined: 29 December 2004
Posts: 10102

Posted: 01 October 2006 at 11:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by legallyblonde21

Originally posted by Selina

Originally posted by Buffie

Originally posted by jigglypuff726

a saree is considered sexy and unique in the west. u can promote a beauty product in a saree. Clap  some people will buy that product even if she's wearing curtains to advertise it. LOL

Oh really..this is news to me you see...

So,if a bootylicious brazillian supermodel,endorses an indian product,sporting a bikini,everyone would flock to the stores to purchase it....Yes,so true...Clap

Ash's ads arent confined to India,they are telecast worldwide,non-indians wouldnt really prefer to watch Ash endorse L'oreal in a saree

and lastly,it doesnt require for one to wear a saree to be indianTongue

She wasnt shooting for an ad at cannes. She can wear whatever she wants when shes acting or endorsing a product... according to what role shes playing etc. But since she was there as a jury representing the whole of india not just l'oreal.. i think it she should have paid some attention to what she was wearing.

she was at Cannes as a L'Oreal Brand ambassador in 2005 and in 2006; and even though provoked premiered there; provoked is a movie for people of all races and not just bollywood--thus i dont see why she was suppossed to wear a sari

and when she was representing india as a member of the jury in 2003--she DID wear indian outfits designed by an indian designer called Neeta Lulla; in 2004; 2005; 2006 Ash was a L'Oreal brand ambassador at cannes along Penelope Cruz; Andie MacDowell and Kerry washington representing L'oreal worldwide thus her designers were Roberto Cavalli; Georgio Armani; Valentino & Oscar de la Renta--designers picked by cosmetic giant L'oreal!!

HOW is this appropriate in any sense??????? I'm sure they didnt force her to wear this, I'm sure she couldve refused.

Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Joined: 29 December 2004
Posts: 10102

Posted: 01 October 2006 at 11:30am | IP Logged


She looks 10000X prettier in something like this!!  This is from Cannes too BTW!!

Edited by Selina - 01 October 2006 at 11:32am
BeautifulBillo IF-Dazzler
BeautifulBillo
BeautifulBillo

Joined: 10 September 2005
Posts: 3382

Posted: 01 October 2006 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Selina

Originally posted by legallyblonde21

Originally posted by Selina

Originally posted by Buffie

Originally posted by jigglypuff726

a saree is considered sexy and unique in the west. u can promote a beauty product in a saree. Clap  some people will buy that product even if she's wearing curtains to advertise it. LOL

Oh really..this is news to me you see...

So,if a bootylicious brazillian supermodel,endorses an indian product,sporting a bikini,everyone would flock to the stores to purchase it....Yes,so true...Clap

Ash's ads arent confined to India,they are telecast worldwide,non-indians wouldnt really prefer to watch Ash endorse L'oreal in a saree

and lastly,it doesnt require for one to wear a saree to be indianTongue

She wasnt shooting for an ad at cannes. She can wear whatever she wants when shes acting or endorsing a product... according to what role shes playing etc. But since she was there as a jury representing the whole of india not just l'oreal.. i think it she should have paid some attention to what she was wearing.

she was at Cannes as a L'Oreal Brand ambassador in 2005 and in 2006; and even though provoked premiered there; provoked is a movie for people of all races and not just bollywood--thus i dont see why she was suppossed to wear a sari

and when she was representing india as a member of the jury in 2003--she DID wear indian outfits designed by an indian designer called Neeta Lulla; in 2004; 2005; 2006 Ash was a L'Oreal brand ambassador at cannes along Penelope Cruz; Andie MacDowell and Kerry washington representing L'oreal worldwide thus her designers were Roberto Cavalli; Georgio Armani; Valentino & Oscar de la Renta--designers picked by cosmetic giant L'oreal!!

HOW is this appropriate in any sense??????? I'm sure they didnt force her to wear this, I'm sure she couldve refused.

she wears what L'Oreal tells her to wear; and if she would have refused then don't you think she would have been called "diva-esque" plus she wore this when she was WITH vivek

BeautifulBillo IF-Dazzler
BeautifulBillo
BeautifulBillo

Joined: 10 September 2005
Posts: 3382

Posted: 01 October 2006 at 11:47am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Selina



She looks 10000X prettier in something like this!!  This is from Cannes too BTW!!

... and thus people of all colors would buy L'oreal shampoo from her looking like that!!

why should only Aishwarya wear a sari??cant kerry washington go back to her black ethnic roots and wear a tribal african outfit??

 

Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Joined: 29 December 2004
Posts: 10102

Posted: 01 October 2006 at 11:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by legallyblonde21

she wears what L'Oreal tells her to wear; and if she would have refused then don't you think she would have been called "diva-esque" plus she wore this when she was WITH vivek

Actually, I think she was an ambassador of L'oreal the first time she went wearing those Neeta Lulla outfits. L'oreal doesnt MAKE her wear anything, its totally up to her. She was criticized for what she wore the first time, so she decided to be safe and wear stuff made by Armani etc.

 

Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Joined: 29 December 2004
Posts: 10102

Posted: 01 October 2006 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Fine forget saris... but I dont think its right to wear outfits that cover close to nothing. I agree, Indians dont just wear sari's. Everyone wears western clothes these days. But.. she should wear what she wears when shes in India. You dont see her wearing stuff like that there. She should be herself!!

Edited by Selina - 01 October 2006 at 11:56am
BeautifulBillo IF-Dazzler
BeautifulBillo
BeautifulBillo

Joined: 10 September 2005
Posts: 3382

Posted: 01 October 2006 at 11:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Selina

Originally posted by legallyblonde21

she wears what L'Oreal tells her to wear; and if she would have refused then don't you think she would have been called "diva-esque" plus she wore this when she was WITH vivek

Actually, I think she was an ambassador of L'oreal the first time she went wearing those Neeta Lulla outfits. L'oreal doesnt MAKE her wear anything, its totally up to her. She was criticized for what she wore the first time, so she decided to be safe and wear stuff made by Armani etc.

correction--when she wore the Neeta Lulla outfits she represented Bollywood on the Cannes Jury as a member of the jury and was not there as a L'oreal ambassador; she was representing India thus the Indian outfits!!In 2006 i.e. the pics above she went solely as a L'Oreal ambasador and thus had to wear what the L'oreal stylists chose for her!!!also in 2005 bride & prejudice was NOT an indian film because Gurindher chaddha is British and she made the film as part of the Hollywood fraternity; and in 2006  provoked was NOT a bollywood film because Jagmohan Mundhra who made it is English and not from bollywood!!thus when she represented India in 2003 she did wear Neeta Lulla; and when she represented India at the Commonwealth Games early this year she did wear an indian outfit to dance in as part of the bollywood troop

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Overrated Actors&Female roles Bollywood

2 3 4 5

Author: Vinzy   Replies: 39   Views: 3578

Vinzy 39 3578 01 November 2009 at 11:23pm by -Sneha
Most overrated / underrated profession is?

2 3 4 5

Author: raj5000   Replies: 39   Views: 4120

raj5000 39 4120 12 July 2009 at 9:39am by U-No-Poo
Most overrated tv actor/actress

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21

Author: anonmember   Replies: 164   Views: 16364

anonmember 164 16364 16 March 2009 at 10:57am by crossroads7
The most overrated things in life...

2 3 4 5

Author: TallyHo   Replies: 37   Views: 4726

TallyHo 37 4726 13 September 2008 at 11:26pm by Ms.GoodMorning
Going abroad is still overrated term?

2

Author: raj5000   Replies: 13   Views: 1178

raj5000 13 1178 24 August 2008 at 3:42am by Leo

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index