Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

insouciance thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: MNMS

[quote=buffie]LOL,first of its kind probably in the entire IF....Till now,IF has been pullutated with threads like "Ash or Rani".."Ash or sush"..."Rani or ash for abhi" etc.....

[/quote]
BUFFIEEEEEEE 😑 Meri sweets ki dushman na bano πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† first of its kind at DM without "Ash bashing" by Buffie-LB jodi πŸ˜‰ (i deserve sweets!!πŸ˜†)

We've never bashed dignified people like Ash..We diss only  "head oh so superinflated" television couples,television stars,and bollywood wannabies,and assey bollywood starsπŸ˜›

indian888 thumbnail
well said komal

i totally agreee πŸ˜›

1)3 hits in 10 years-->is Aishwarya Rai india's most over-rated actress??

no ways it not about hits , its about performance , she has given fabolus performance in all her movie , just see choker bali fabolus performance , but not hit πŸ˜•

2)is the media just after her for no reason at all??

yes , they r trying to degrade her

3)is it just good directors that can bring out her best??

No , its teh good role the charter is bound to b strong , and she has proved that even with new directors she has done fablous jobs

4)what of movies like Chokher Bali and Raincoat???her performances were critically acclaimed but because these movies weren't hits they do not count..how fair is that??

It is not fair at all...

5)She was wonderful according to critics in the UK and the US--critics who panned Krrish a movie that was a blockbuster in india--in the role of Kamaljeet Ahluwalia in Provoked but because this movie wasnt that big a success in India, it doesn't get as much as a mention??

thats because , majority ppl in india hv still not grown upo that level to accepts that movies but she has taken a challenge by doing such kind of movie , which no other actress hv done .... πŸ‘ πŸ‘

6)Bride & Prejudice made 1 million pounds in the opening weekend itself which means that not just indians or other ppl from the indian sub continent BUt people of all colors watched that film--however the indian press once again engaged in the personal vitriolic slander of Aishwarya--how fair is that??Just because she had the courage to stand against the biggest brat in Bollywood???

media always try to degrade her , as she is very popular , any news of her will spread like fire so medioa use that as their cheap publicity tool...

7)And now there are people who dislike her for the sole reason that she is with Abhishek Bachchan??

thats her personal life , media should stay away

8)People attack her clothes at cannes and then when she wears great designers chooe to argue about how she should wear saris because she doesnt have good legs??Who would promote L'Oreal & Longiness in a sari??these r intl brands--doesnt she have to identify with the people who will buy them because not just indians will..

jealousy , as oversae media like ash so local media try to degrade her

9)why does Ash manage to receive so much flak and prejudice for no rhyme or reason??is it because being a woman she stood up for herself against an abusive psycho salman Khan

again media , media tries to do that !!!

komalash thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Bitu very well said haan....good good... πŸ‘
MNMS thumbnail
Originally posted by: Buffie

We've never bashed dignified people like Ash..We diss only  "head oh so superinflated" television couples,television stars,and bollywood wannabies,and assey bollywood starsπŸ˜›

Not Ash but they are bollywood people naaπŸ˜›...so.. first time "No bashing topic" at DMπŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜› ... ab sweet laaaooπŸ˜†

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I dont want to say anything abt her .I dont even want to bash her😑. bcz I hate her. she spoiled My Vivek's career & broke his heart 😭😭

Tomiko thumbnail

First of all............brilliant answers Meera, Buffie and KomalπŸ‘

To tired to go through the questiones, so I'll answer them all here:

I have no idea why Ash is so hated!!........atleast here in the UK i know a lot of people who are great fans of her........she's not one of my favourite Bollywood stars.......in fact I hardly see her now, but she is one fab actress!..........even the movies that weren't hits were good to watch 'cause of the acting!

About her love life......I really fail to understand why everybody sides Vivek and Salman?!.........I mean, did she cheat on them?!.......rip out thir hearts and stamp on them?!.......in fact, Vivek is the one who's benefited from this relationship..........Ash has only lost out!

I guess people just want a scapegoat..........someone to blame for the ups and downs of your favourite actor.......and if those around you have negative thoughts - you just pick them up automatically!

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Buffie

Where does all the woman emancipation crap go ...Women badmouth women,and then crib the the world is male dominated..whe women themselves bitch about fellow women,then the adage" those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones" holds good...

Anyways,I've got so much to say on this,will be back

Hmnnnnnnnnnn.....very interesting Buffie.......wish that would actually get translated by you into action in the forum itself..especially  when it's just a matter of some white pants,red bangles and some clinging to someone's own husband......πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†.after all,that too is a matter of a woman's choice.........πŸ˜†

rhabia thumbnail
hey good topic, although im not a fan of aish, but yeah she does get disd a lot mind you most ppl (well the few) that step out from bolly and go into other cinema get bashed alot i.e Gulshan, Kabir Bedi. I wonder if SRK would, but newyz this is whats ben happening for awhile now.
As for rships, well salu has always been in a dilema and with aish was not the 1st (but hopefully will be d last). The whole beneficial thing worked both ways as for getting involved with the issue gave both aish and viveik media whether its good or bad publicity is publicity, and i heard it was viveik who wanted to get married but aish broke his heart oh well.
The whole clothes thing well you have the asain metality der eventhough if you look around in india itself girls wear quite fashionable an 'advance' as one would say clothing, very revealing BUT NO SCOPE IS PUT ON HOMEGROUNDS
Oh and as for the Oprah W show i think a newspaper article said that her accent was all mixed up she was trying to be British, American and Indian at the same time in her accent πŸ˜• well have not actually seen it but i guess it shows that maybe she's trying to hard πŸ˜•
Oh and another factor that makes ppl dis her is not salu, abhi or whatever but JEALOUSY    Edited by rhabia - 17 years ago
Selina thumbnail
I dont think anyone can deny the fact that Ash is beautiful.. and they dont. She deserved to be Miss World.

Most people dislike her because of the "act" she puts up in front of the media. Thats my only reason too.

If you've seen any of her interviews.. you will notice.. how her accents vary from one to another. In interviews to Indian reporters, she speaks normally and in an indianized way.. but if you see her interviews with Oprah etc.. you can see that she is clearly trying to be someone shes not (with a totally weird accent thats neither American, British or Indian.)

And coming to her acting.. shes not THAT great an actress, but shes better than a lot of people out there.
AishwaryaRathod thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Minnie

Hmnnnnnnnnnn.....very interesting Buffie.......wish that would actually get translated by you into action in the forum itself..especially  when it's just a matter of some white pants,red bangles and some clinging to someone's own husband......πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†.after all,that too is a matter of a woman's choice.........πŸ˜†

Minnie--the person who wears the white pants;red bangles; and clinngggggsssss as if homage is being paid to the Sean Paul song "Like Glue" can never ever EVEERRRRR even with the help of fake lenses be as DIGNIFIED and ELEGANT as Ash and thus due to her obnoxious public behaviour will get a lot of flak; tell me when have you heard Ash screeeeeeeeeeech in public; when has Ash been seen CLINGGGGIINNGGGGGGGGG to her beau; and believe me even Ash's wardrobe at Cannes 2003 was eeewww--and that something Buffzz will admit as wellπŸ˜›; Ash was soooo polite when approached during the Provoked shooting in London and SS's nakhre when approached are infamous; Ash is gorgeous and fair BUT has never once made fun of dark people like Priyanka Chopra on national tv; Ash has yet to gloatttt about the girls that go gagagaggaa over her beau--and if indeed her beau is Abhishek then that list is LOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!

and thus for the above reason; the person you mention cannot fall under the category because all RESPECT is lost

Edited by legallyblonde21 - 17 years ago