Debate Mansion

Ash:Misjudged/Overrated/Hated for nothing

AishwaryaRathod thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

1)3 hits in 10 years-->is Aishwarya Rai india's most over-rated actress??

2)is the media just after her for no reason at all??

3)is it just good directors that can bring out her best??

4)what of movies like Chokher Bali and Raincoat???her performances were critically acclaimed but because these movies weren't hits they do not count..how fair is that??

5)She was wonderful according to critics in the UK and the US--critics who panned Krrish a movie that was a blockbuster in india--in the role of Kamaljeet Ahluwalia in Provoked but because this movie wasnt that big a success in India, it doesn't get as much as a mention??

6)Bride & Prejudice made 1 million pounds in the opening weekend itself which means that not just indians or other ppl from the indian sub continent BUt people of all colors watched that film--however the indian press once again engaged in the personal vitriolic slander of Aishwarya--how fair is that??Just because she had the courage to stand against the biggest brat in Bollywood???

7)And now there are people who dislike her for the sole reason that she is with Abhishek Bachchan??

8)People attack her clothes at cannes and then when she wears great designers chooe to argue about how she should wear saris because she doesnt have good legs??Who would promote L'Oreal & Longiness in a sari??these r intl brands--doesnt she have to identify with the people who will buy them because not just indians will..

9)why does Ash manage to receive so much flak and prejudice for no rhyme or reason??is it because being a woman she stood up for herself against an abusive psycho salman Khan😡

I just wondered what people thought about all this becaue I fail to understand why she is targetted for no rhyme or reason..

Edited by legallyblonde21 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1)Also when Ash appeared on 60 minutes or Oprah or Letterman or GMA no one in India chose to see it as--oh gosh,cheers for Ash, she's a great ambassador for our culture and our films and our country; and instead people choose to focus on her giggles..she giggled...SOOOOOOOOOOOOO??She was still poised;and gave great interviews 👏 👏

why all the negativity for just one person???
Edited by legallyblonde21 - 17 years ago
MNMS thumbnail
oh dear... another buffie LB bashing thread... GOD.. tum log thukte nahin ho bashing karte karte 😆

Anyways.. i also feel for Ash (and im no Ash fan 😛 😆 ).. yes becoz she stood up against that hero-of-reel-cum-villain-of-real-life people sympathize Salman 🤢 ...i mean.. wht is the prob when she said ok.. that's enough! Tapes came out=> Bollywood was with salman..nobody took Ash's side... then Vivek ka kissa 🤢 ... and he also blames ash.. no one sees how this man was using her(According to some media reports 😛 ) for building his own career 🤢 .. and when Rai's told him to look for marriage, he wasn't so much interested 🤢 (i don't know the truth... ask media reports 😛 )... i wonder.. Where all the feminists go at this point 😕 🤢

Well she has hired one of the most expensive marketing agencies... and she has appeared in different international shows(becoz of agencies..i guess..again.. ask media reports 😛 )... then.... i mean this woman has one way or the other reached Hollywood ...ppl say something.. they will say anything 🤢
insouciance thumbnail
Maryam,this isnt a bashing thread 😆 ..For once,we're standing up for a woman who is invariably slandered 😛

and yes,where does all the feminism go when people(esp women) badmouth ash..They call her unlucky,and thus,retrogress back to the 18th century where superstition was rampant

The call her a manipulator who uses people and them drops them like hot potatoes when she doesnt need them...Where does all the woman emancipation crap go ...Women badmouth women,and then crib the the world is male dominated..whe women themselves bitch about fellow women,then the adage" those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones" holds good...

Anyways,I've got so much to say on this,will be back
Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
MNMS thumbnail
[quote=Buffie]Maryam,this isnt a bashing thread 😆 [/quote]

Entry in the Guinese book of world record!!! Buffie LB didn't start a bashing thread 😲... Make sweets bhi...IF khushi manaye 😆 😆 😆 We have a world record entry 😆

Originally posted by: MNMS

[quote=Buffie]Maryam,this isnt a bashing thread 😆 [/quote]

Entry in the Guinese book of world record!!! Buffie LB didn't start a bashing thread 😲... Make sweets bhi...IF khushi manaye 😆 😆 😆 We have a world record entry 😆

Please Maryam..i am sure this isnt the first non-bashing thread we've started 😉

MNMS thumbnail
[quote=LB]Please Maryam..i am sure this isnt the first non-bashing thread we've started 😉 [/quote]

LB.. it is.. first of its kind at DM 😛 ....(Where are my sweets??!! 😳 😆 )

insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: MNMS

[quote=LB]Please Maryam..i am sure this isnt the first non-bashing thread we've started 😉 [/quote]

LB.. it is.. first of its kind at DM 😛 ....(Where are my sweets??!! 😳 😆 )

LOL,first of its kind probably in the entire IF....Till now,IF has been pullutated with threads like "Ash or Rani".."Ash or sush"..."Rani or ash for abhi" etc.....😆

This is one topic I have always wanted to post 😛 ....It really confounds me and till date,I havent been able to cotton on as to why Ash is execrated so much,why is she the public enemy number 1 😕 ....Everyone are unanimously being heavy,why does she invariably have to confront astringent panning....😕..But,none can refute the fact that albeit being regularly being pilloried by the media/public,she is still a very in demand actress😛

Before Coming to your questionnairre,

Ash is very reticent about her private life,stonewalls personal questions and thus she's tagged "FAKE"..Ash isnt a hobnob,who sucks up to the beau monde for roles in movies....And all those who have worked with her have only good things to say about her(Hrithik,Abhishek(obviously lol,but yet😉),SRK,Shabana Azmi,Vidya Balan etc)...Bollywood lacks professionalism,and one who is a professional seems to be a misfit......

Bollywood is always about playing to the gallery,not hurting egoes and always seeming hunky dory.......Favouritism and the "belonging to cliques" is so rampant...And good actors sadly get thrown out of the vortex..Its either,swim with the tide,or get out 🤢

Originally posted by: legallyblonde21

1)3 hits in 10 years-->is Aishwarya Rai India's most over-rated actress??

Overrated😕..LOL,I'm not a very big fan of Ash's acting,but I dont think she is overrated😆...Heck,in the first place,she isnt even called a good actress,so where does the question of being overrated pop up....People invariably say"Ash cant act",even when she has proven her competence and has displayed her acting prowess in movies like HDDCS,Devdas,Chooker Bali,Raincoat,and the tamil movie based on the novel sense and sensibility....

One always says that she needs good directors,but then,Every actor needs a good director..Just a few days back,everyone proved that Abhishek isnt overrated,but even ABhishek hasnt delivered powerhouse performances with C grade directors 😕 ...So hasnt Hritik,so hasnt Rani(all of Rani's hits have been either with Adi chopra/Karan Johar/SRk..Rani's saathiya,hum tum,veer zaara,and B&B have been YRF movies,her KANK and Chalte Chalte are SRK movies,BLACK was a SLB movie...Rani hasnt had any other hits barring these)....

Ash worked with crappy directors....She was getting good roles after Devdas,but thanks to Salman Khan😡,she was replaced in most of the movies(Saathiya,chalte chalte to cite)...She fell apart with SRK,and YRF didnt want to risk it by roping her in.....Thus she was left with the crappy directors and crappy movies(like Kyun ho gaya na,dil ka rishta,shabd,kuch na kaho etc)….

She was underrated in Khakhee…She was very convincing as the vamp feigning to be the damsel in distress,who seduces Akshay kumar…She went unnoticed….

So,I don't think she's rated as anything at all,let alone being overrated!

Absolutely…More than the media,It's the public…She's scapegoated for everything she says or does….People like Priety have had so many boyfriends,but her breaks ups arent made issues of national concern……Sush breaks up annually,she manages not to ruffle even a single feather….Priyanka chopra was rumoured to have dated Akshay,a married man..She didn't garner any censure.....But Ash has to confront all the asperity for dating men who are single…….

Tell me one thing..Doesn't every actor need a good director to bring out the best in them…Like,Hrithik needs rakesh roshan,Abhishek needed mani Ratnam and RGV,Rani needed the YRF banner,Priety needed a nikhil advani to catapult her into the numero uno position,Vidya balan needed vidhu chopra's banner…which starlet has performed well with bad/C grade directors..None…..then why only single out Ash….Has Rani performed with deploable directors..No…..Only Big B has,he didn't need a director,his screen presence would do the magic,and in today's day,No one have the screen presence of Big B or Sridevi……..

4)what of movies like Chokher Bali and Raincoat???her performances were critically acclaimed but because these movies weren't hits they do not count..how fair is that??

Not every critically acclaimed movie becomes a commercial success..Lakshya,Yuva,Maqbool,swades etc to name a few…..

6)Just because she had the courage to stand against the biggest brat in Bollywood???

Exactly…Sadly,her colleagues and her profession isolated her,everyone sided salman(which is preposterous)….and it affected her emotionally(yes,which other actress has been physically abused,sworn and mishandled..None….) and professionally(she lost out on projects)…and the saddest psrt is that people support and defend a killer(salman)…..

7)And now there are people who dislike her for the sole reason that she is with Abhishek Bachchan..

Lord,this had to be the last straw for the Ash haters😆…Abhi,being the blue eyed boy of womanhood and this woman whom everyone loves to hate….and especially to those who fantacized Abhi and Rani,what a disappointment😆…..Seriously,It was really amusing to read the pejorative denouncement without rhyme or reason ,…As if  we know who is the best for him😆……and to fuel it,certain members of the glitterati teaching the grandmother how to suck eggs....SOme dont even ponder about the ramification if Ash resorts to recrimination(which Ash would never resort to)...…Everyone unanimously gave credence to the widely held axiom,even after abhi dismissed these rumours as poppycock😛..Abhi has dismissed the rumours as utter twadle,and has reiterated it...Still,the fourth estate love to link Abhi to Ash...and the junta lowe to hate Ash😆..Its really disconcerting,at the same time amusing..As Its not like these remarks has had any effect on Ash's career or personal life😛

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
komalash thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: legallyblonde21

1)3 hits in 10 years-->is Aishwarya Rai india's most over-rated actress??

I dun think that ASH is India's most over-rated actress!!!The thing is shez the only Indian actress who has got those skills n potential...n thats the reason ppl are liking her...Liking her too much n over rating her are 3 different things...I think shez the most under-rated actress coz shez alwayz bashed on no reasons...whenever she has given a good performance in films which were not a hit shez not even appreciated for those films(Raincoat n Choker bali)...Whereas actress like kareena n rani who jst did Chameli n was given an award for that acting...N rani mukherji did black n ppl started saying that shez the best actress😕....y???only for one film???Ash has given marvelous performances in too many films but the indians dun understand it...!!!😡

YES!!!The media is definitly after her for no reason...take an example of this new buzz going around everywhere abt that topi which ASH is wearing in Umrao Jaan....Even though the director hav said that they hav read a book of that century in which they hav seen women wearing those caps...but then also they are all the time ready to spread these kinda stupid things!!!

Emmmm...not really....actually these questions cumz jst bcoz ASH's superhit films were by the big directors only...I'll say it agen....ASH's performance in Raincoat n Choker bali was amazing but as it was not by any big or famous director it was not noticed much....n thats not fair...we shud she performances not how big the budget or the film maker is...🤢

It is not fair at all...hav already said at these 2 films in my previous answers...😛

5)She was wonderful according to critics in the UK and the US--critics who panned Krrish a movie that was a blockbuster in india--in the role of Kamaljeet Ahluwalia in Provoked but because this movie wasnt that big a success in India, it doesn't get as much as a mention??

Yes thats the thing with Indian ppl....Instead of promoting n appreciating her they dun even bother abt her...shez the only Indian actress who is representing India internationally...Indians shud be proud of her...To make her successful they shud hav made it a blockbuster....😡

6)Bride & Prejudice made 1 million pounds in the opening weekend itself which means that not just indians or other ppl from the indian sub continent BUt people of all colors watched that film--however the indian press once again engaged in the personal vitriolic slander of Aishwarya--how fair is that??Just because she had the courage to stand against the biggest brat in Bollywood???

That biggest brat!!!Dun want to talk abt that....!!!I'll only say that the media is never fair wid her....n i think this is jst the biggest disadvantage for her for being a super star...😡

7)And now there are people who dislike her for the sole reason that she is with Abhishek Bachchan??

Ppl shud not interfare in the personal lifes of the stars....If they like each other n want to marry,who are they to say anything abt their relationship....They are actors that doesnt mean that they hav becum public property now...Plz ppl get a life....U all shud think that actor do hav their own lifes too!!!😛

8)People attack her clothes at cannes and then when she wears great designers chooe to argue about how she should wear saris because she doesnt have good legs??Who would promote L'Oreal & Longiness in a sari??these r intl brands--doesnt she have to identify with the people who will buy them because not just indians will..

Actually those ppl hav nothing to do thats y they start saying things like that abt her...Jst think abt it....jst think abt it yaar....I really agree that how would they promote L'Oreal n Longiness by making ASH wear a sari...the ppl who say these things dun hav brains...Ash k kapro ko to chor doo...😡

9)why does Ash manage to receive so much flak and prejudice for no rhyme or reason??is it because being a woman she stood up for herself against an abusive psycho salman Khan😡

Itz simple...coz I think media ppl hav also cum to a conclusion that shez the only actress who can handle each n every issue very bravely...Ager koi aur actress hoti to pata chalta....N that phycho...dun want to talk abt that monster!!!

I just wondered what people thought about all this becaue I fail to understand why she is targetted for no rhyme or reason..

Edited by komalash - 17 years ago
MNMS thumbnail
[quote=buffie]LOL,first of its kind probably in the entire IF....Till now,IF has been pullutated with threads like "Ash or Rani".."Ash or sush"..."Rani or ash for abhi" etc.....

[/quote]
BUFFIEEEEEEE 😡 Meri sweets ki dushman na bano 😛 😉 😆 first of its kind at DM without "Ash bashing" by Buffie-LB jodi 😉 (i deserve sweets!!😆)