Debate Mansion

What message???What do u think??? - Page 2

RandomSquared thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago
its enertainment, there are messages in it, like kyph= try to trust your spouse 😆 but in whole its entertainment

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HoneY_BeE thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Ekta Kapoor Serials have no message..i used to watch Kusum(sorry sould spell Kkusum) very religiously..but then after a while it was not making an sense..from then i made a vow to myself not to watch K serials any more..still a catch of glimpse of Kasam Se off and on..but not regularly..getting to the point..I dont think Ekta has any message in mind when she starts a serials..like for example remember her Flop serial Kahani Teri Meri with Manav Gohil in the Lead..it was located in calcutta and bengali traditions etc etc, (that year Devdas was released and a huge hit), so Dear Ms.Ekta wanted to cash on the same formula but it back fired...now i see ads for this new show Kajal, who a radio jockey in Mussori, now inspiration again from Salam Namaste and Lage Raho Munna Bhai because both the movies were hits....so basically no messages from Ektas serials, but I was really impressed with jassi at least until the makeover, they did have a good message..remember Jassi was the first ever star to have her own stamp..and now the other serial i love watching is Thodi Khushi Thode Gham, this is one serial so close to reality...i guess i have bored u guys enough so will stop here
*Shona* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Ekta's serials have situations & characters that are soo extreme & unbelievable. They are not very realistic. IMO, they really dont have a message.

They are purely for entertainment. Watch for fun and time-pass .. and then forget about them. If you think about them for too long you are at a risk of going mental.

Shows like Vaidehi, Betiyan, and maybe even Jabb Love Hua ... they all start out really good and they do have a message ... but eventually, they lose that message & point and become Ekta Juniors. I mean till now Vaidehi & Betiyan havent lost it yet .. and I hope they dont ... but we've this happen with almost all shows from Tumhari Disha, Daastan, Lipstick & now ELAS.

Just my opinion .. No offence to anyone.
Mrs.Naman Shaw thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: J.

Ekta's serials have situations & characters that are soo extreme & unbelievable. They are not very realistic. IMO, they really dont have a message.

They are purely for entertainment. Watch for fun and time-pass .. and then forget about them. If you think about them for too long you are at a risk of going mental.

Shows like Vaidehi, Betiyan, and maybe even Jabb Love Hua ... they all start out really good and they do have a message ... but eventually, they lose that message & point and become Ekta Juniors. I mean till now Vaidehi & Betiyan havent lost it yet .. and I hope they dont ... but we've this happen with almost all shows from Tumhari Disha, Daastan, Lipstick & now ELAS.

Just my opinion .. No offence to anyone.

ur right,all the directors turn ekta's juniors,serials like Dekho magar pyaar se..and even Miilee which were started with s0-called girls' power,lately turned saas-bahu sagas...

but i find one gud thing in K serials,all are fabulous actors!!!(I HOPE MANY PPL AGREE WITH THIS POINT)

*Shona* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: MRS.P.SAMRAT

but i find one gud thing in K serials,all are fabulous actors!!!(I HOPE MANY PPL AGREE WITH THIS POINT)

I agree with that point.  Compared to actors working under other banners, Ekta's people do have better acting skills. Iqbal Khan, Ram Kapoor, Hiten, Eijaz, Rajeev, Gauri, Smriti, etc have all proven in their acting skills.

This is not to say that we ignore Shweta Salve (Lipstick), Gurdeep (Sindoor), Sachin (Sindoor) or other actors .. they are good too. But overall, Ekta does have the better batch of people ... from the eldest in the family to the youngest.

And also, Ekta's sets, costumes and the whole ambience is usually (not always) but usually better than other shows.😊

Edited by J. - 17 years ago
diyafah thumbnail
I think,her serial start with a promising concept but later it gets the same old saas-bahu chacos..conflicts withun the family and ofcourse jealousies!
she does'nt have a good script writers who can take viewers by a rollercoaster ride or sumthing...i still don't undertstand y do i watch her serials...maybe only for timepass! 😆
I firmly believe that one serial which can give twists and turn and glue the viewers to their tv sets...is ba bahu aur baby...fresh storyline and amazing casts!the script is very strong...it has all the elements needed for a good serial!
where as in ekta's serial,,t,hey are too biased and very average type!i don't why her serials wins award everywhere..!now a days...her new serial only work for 1 year!
Mrs.Naman Shaw thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: J.

I agree with that point.  Compared to actors working under other banners, Ekta's people do have better acting skills. Iqbal Khan, Ram Kapoor, Hiten, Eijaz, Rajeev, Gauri, Smriti, etc have all proven in their acting skills.

This is not to say that we ignore Shweta Salve (Lipstick), Gurdeep (Sindoor), Sachin (Sindoor) or other actors .. they are good too. But overall, Ekta does have the better batch of people ... from the eldest in the family to the youngest.

And also, Ekta's sets, costumes and the whole ambience is usually (not always) but usually better than other shows.😊

yep,from the youngest in the 'k' family to the eldest..or u can also consider the newcomers....

pulkit samrat,amit tandon,pallavi subhaash and prachi desai...& many more...

and their dressing is according to the situation..

and the nemes u stated were the best examples..

and their

Athena90 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: MNMS

[quote=mythili_kiran]Driving point home ,nodody will take these things seriously to mind.But sometimes they create impact.when I was watching JJKN(Jassi...) I thought I will get a boss like Armaan Sir and So I applied for a Secretary post,next day I got call from HR manager when I was taking my class when she asked me why I applied for the post I could'nt answer!!!!
[/quote]

OMG!!! 😆 (Spamming routine is on! 😉 ...but this is so funny!)

I guess mythili has now got the influence of DM's laughing campaign!! 😆

😆😆😆 I agree Maryam.. LOL Mythili, u actually did that! 😆😆😆

Anyway back to the topic, I dont even think they are meant much for entertainment. From Ekta's point of view they are meant to fill her bank account 😉 The purpose of the shows are not to entertain, educate or anything for the matter.They are simply to make money.

However the process of making money requires the audience to be entertained (even by illogical means of stupid, meaningless stories) and this is done. So, the process of entertaining is only so that they reach their aim of minting cash.

What meaning can we look for in serials? How do u marry 5 times? Or that revenge is the best policy? They are illogical and yet people like us watch it. Sheesh!