Things I find odd with Nisha and the show!

AyeshaKt thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

There are so many things completely odd about NAUC  to the point that it is a pain to continue watching the show anymore, here I have listed some of the things completely off ,it's like the CV's came up with a half cooked story and made it into a  weird khichdi

1) Nisha ''abuse'' incident happened 7 to 8 years back so they are trying to make us believe that ever since then Nisha suddenly changed into this tom boyish avatar and hates everything girly, as someone who has been molested, I fail to understand how molestation or even rape for that matter can change a person's gender indentity...I was honestly quite amused to see that she wasn't even molested, by no way am I saying she should have been molested, not at all,pls try to understand what I am saying,what I am trying to say is  an incident like that although sad isn't something so serious it gave her serious PTSD for 7-8 years!!

2) Regarding Nisha's 'abuse' incident, it happened wayyy long ago 7-8 years back...in this 7 years she did not even mentioned about it to any of her family, as we got to see in the show,the whole school staff knows about what happened to her and told her to keep shush to not ruin the school's reputation...Her mother is a very,very caring and loving mom and is a respectable teacher, her dad again is a very loving,caring,ideal dad... her grandfather is a wealthy,influential person in her city, her whole extended family(Their joint family) and all her cousins love her, technically she has that perfect family all of us crave for and many of us do not have
a  rational and sane person  would fail to understand the logic behind keeping this as a secret from her loving family  despite the school authorities knowing everything

Please do not tell me it is not easy to tell, yes I do completely agree but many of us do not have very supportive families who would blame us for what happened, Nisha,however has an ideal family she should have shared this important ''secret'' with...What it makes me wonder is if she loves her family at all because she is ok with sharing with school authrities yet kept this a secret from her own fam for 7 years

I saw on an episode of Satyamev Jayate how a guy was raped for 11 long years by his uncle(mom's sister's husband) and when he found the courage to tell his mother she told him to keep shush as her sister's life will be ruined, No I am not telling a horror story, these are real life incidents that happen everywhere, yet Nisha couldn't share to her family abt that 'incident' for 7 years, One wonders if she trusts them at all?  

3)Nisha has some  gender indentidy issues ...She feels like a boy and she feels  an immense  sense of pride doing things guys do...for example  after beating up Jwala's teacher...even in many other cases she shows signs of that of someone with gender indentidy  issues...It is simply sick to show her as a someone with gender indentity issues and then the same person being married to Ritesh and all...I Mean what if she is transgender? I am sure they are not trying to show this but then my question is why make her hate being a girl?

4) The show somehow wants to portray women as weaker than men and feminine things as things the weak like...for example Nisha was pinned up by 4 guys and then molested yet she said ''kyun main ek kamzor ladki hoon'' etc e...actually even a guy couldn't have fight with 4 guys alone,so what's weak about being a woman?
she also feels that dressing up as a girl (wearing lehenga etc),liking makeup and jewellery is what stupid and '''weak'' girls do...what rubbish is this?
I am a  girl and naturally, I like feminine clothes,jewelleries,makeup etc 
there are also women who don't like this things yet they don't think it is something ''weak'' girls like

Like I said before, She has gender indentity issues more than that incident issues  yet the show  is trying to portray she is this way because of that incident, I don't really think so what I think is she had gender identity issues from the start but that incident somewhat added fuel to it and then she got serious PTSD and now hates being a girl...which is not normal for a girl to feel
The show is now like half cooked khichdi,terrible to  taste

Edited by AyeshaKt - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Though I respect your viewpoint, I completely completely completely disagree with you.

First thing. I feel you are looking at the matter very theoretically. Nisha was 13 years old when the incident happened. She was a jolly go girl with childishness of her age. She didn't share the incident with the school, the school authorities witnessed the incident(kindly check your point).

Yes. Her family loves her. Her parents are so caring and understanding. So what's the fear? The fear is of losing that love and care. She doesn't know what has happened to her but she has been made to believe in that age that something has happened to her which she needs to be ashamed off. Naturally, she, as a child, put it into a box and kept it to her. In due course of her life, she might have realised what has happened to her. Why she didn't share it with her parents after reaching a certain age? We have to wait and watch.

Coming to the gender identity issues. It would be great if you can actually explain more. For Nisha, she was molested because she was a girl. Do you deny that? She fear/envies being girly because boys might take advantage of her again. She wants to portray herself strongly and not like what she was in school. I don't see her having any issues regarding that. She drives a Scooty and not a sports bike. She wears trendy clothes and men's clothes.

Why she couldn't tell her family even so long years and even after having a lovely family. Its upto the individual. Its completely sad to read you saying molestation like this isn't serious. You think Jwala can't suffer PTSD? She can? Its upto the person's ability to bear stress. Was Nisha suffering for 7-8 years? She has tried to move over it by changing herself. She behaves perfectly normal except when it relates boys which is completely understandable.

AyeshaKt thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shwets1502

Though I respect your viewpoint, I completely completely completely disagree with you.

First thing. I feel you are looking at the matter very theoretically. Nisha was 13 years old when the incident happened. She was a jolly go girl with childishness of her age. She didn't share the incident with the school, the school authorities witnessed the incident(kindly check your point).

Yes. Her family loves her. Her parents are so caring and understanding. So what's the fear? The fear is of losing that love and care. She doesn't know what has happened to her but she has been made to believe in that age that something has happened to her which she needs to be ashamed off. Naturally, she, as a child, put it into a box and kept it to her. In due course of her life, she might have realised what has happened to her. Why she didn't share it with her parents after reaching a certain age? We have to wait and watch.

Coming to the gender identity issues. It would be great if you can actually explain more. For Nisha, she was molested because she was a girl. Do you deny that? She fear/envies being girly because boys might take advantage of her again. She wants to portray herself strongly and not like what she was in school. I don't see her having any issues regarding that. She drives a Scooty and not a sports bike. She wears trendy clothes and men's clothes.

Why she couldn't tell her family even so long years and even after having a lovely family. Its upto the individual. Its completely sad to read you saying molestation like this isn't serious. You think Jwala can't suffer PTSD? She can? Its upto the person's ability to bear stress. Was Nisha suffering for 7-8 years? She has tried to move over it by changing herself. She behaves perfectly normal except when it relates boys which is completely understandable.

Where I said  molestation isn't serious?  She wasn't molested at all! She was thrown onto the floor and  before anything happened the school authorities reached

Jwala did suffer molestation  and she might  get PTSD, How can I presume if she will or not?

Before  talking like  I am a nasty person for this post and how Nisha was a kid

please try to see from other people's viewpoints

every 1 out of 3 children in India have suffered from some sort of sex abuse

Sorry I may be wrong but I think  No she wasn't molested and yes she has not moved on, she still thinks girls are weak and shit and she still  hasn't really got over it

regarding a certain ''fear'' of men, I totally understand and empatsize however thing is she doesn't like being a weak girl which is completely absurd
mysterygurl1427 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Although she was saved whatever happened hurt her soul. It isn't the even the fact that it didn't happen, because whatever did happen, it damaged her enough. The boys still touched her without her permission tossed her...you don't have be stripped to be abused sexually. It can even happen with clothes on, so in my opinion it happened! Next, not everyone behaves the same way after an incident like this. Some people might jump right back up and nothing happened...for some it will leave a horrible stain.
There is no rule book as to how a sexually abused victim would behave...so who r we to say why is she like this...why she didn't do this...?

For some they become a closed book, they don't even want to talk about. Their brain pulls a defense mechanism, and whatever happened is still there but not remembered. This can cause a lot of brain dysfunction. So imagine if someone's mind was blocked and yet they are still having brain problems..imagine for someone who still remembers? !!

It happened to her when she was 13, she herself was trying to figure out what went wrong...what was she to explain to her family? Ever heard of the term, u may have a loving and caring family and yet still might feel alone. 

The people in school didn't encourage her to tell, they were grown ups...she listened to them. That is it.

Well this was ur opinion, and this was mine. Thanks for topic...I would have added more, but I have a midterm today to worry about.

Edited by mysterygurl1427 - 9 years ago
Shwets1502 thumbnail
My mistake. I should have gone for sexual assault rather than using molestation. If what Jwala suffered is molestation, than what happened to Nisha is also molestation. Nisha was blindfolded and played around like a ball among the boys. That's not molestation? She was pinned down and a boy was sitting on her very closely. Isn't molestation. In case it isn't molestation, its definitely sexual assault and people can suffer from PTSD too.

I am not getting personal with any one here. I am stating only about the show and I am comfortable speaking only about the show. I am looking from Nisha's POV here.

I am sorry to hear about what happened to you. But as I said, I am here to discuss the show and my points adhere only to the show.

Completely agree with your last point. She hasn't gotten over it and she thinks girls are weak. I don't its wrong of her to think like that. Would she have been assaulted if she wasn't a girl?

Now please don't assume I believe girls/women are weak. Definitely not. They are as strong as men. But not everyone are the same and not everytime the situations can be easy.

mysterygurl1427 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
What many fail to understand is that this happens to men too. Statistics say that men are more sexually abused then women...meaning there is a higher rate of this happening in men.
Her behaving like a boy, is her way of putting up a defense mechanism...she thinks if she acts tough...it won't happen to her...boys will not look at her in that way ever again and she won't have to go through that disgusting feeling she went through ever again. She puts up this tough exterior, to protect herself, and others around her. She didn't feel protected then so she wants to protect her siblings, and cousins, which also a defense mechanism. Ok no more lol...have great day or night guys, back to studying.
Edited by mysterygurl1427 - 9 years ago
AyeshaKt thumbnail
  No she WAS NOT molestated
  As for the poster saying it can happen with clothes on, did you read  that I mentioned you have to be naked?  no I didn''t

before both of you jump to conclusions and argue some more

what she  had faced is called harrasment   It is NOT molestation

Molestation is when someone touches your privates (or chest or bum)  

Tossing like a ball is harassment NOT molestation

before you guys just assume and  write a  reply on it, just  do a quick google search

Yes she has faced PTSD because of this incident and yes it was a sad incident  that traumatised  her

however  calling harrasment as molestation (or molestation as rape) is not only stupid...it also affects those who have been through actual molestation (or rape)

What the guys did from what I saw is harassment  not molestation

oh and please do not add sexual, there was NO sexual touching at all...it is harassment,period NOT sexual assualt or molestation

Shwets1502 thumbnail
First, its a discussion and not an argument...😊 We are exchanging our viewpoints to gain clarity.

Ok..I'll accept your point. Its harassment. I shouldn't have commented without knowing the difference.

So? Nisha suffered harassment when she was 13. Does that take away from what she suffered mentally? If ragging can lead to PTSD, why not harassment? As I said before, each one reacts differently. I think her behavior goes with harassment as well. As for her gender identity, she hates being a girl because of what happened.

cherry_1293 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AyeshaKt

There are so many things completely odd about NAUC  to the point that it is a pain to continue watching the show anymore, here I have listed some of the things completely off ,it's like the CV's came up with a half cooked story and made it into a  weird khichdi

1) Nisha ''abuse'' incident happened 7 to 8 years back so they are trying to make us believe that ever since then Nisha suddenly changed into this tom boyish avatar and hates everything girly, as someone who has been molested, I fail to understand how molestation or even rape for that matter can change a person's gender indentity...I was honestly quite amused to see that she wasn't even molested, by no way am I saying she should have been molested, not at all,pls try to understand what I am saying,what I am trying to say is  an incident like that although sad isn't something so serious it gave her serious PTSD for 7-8 years!!

nisha s just tomboyish she hates behaving girly types it doesnt even come under gender identity
she dont want to be a kamzor ladkii she wants to be equal wid boys
okk i too thought that she was not molested but its not necessary that she s still thinking abt it from 7-8 yrs but she was mentally sick and depression types cannot be cured easily

2) Regarding Nisha's 'abuse' incident, it happened wayyy long ago 7-8 years back...in this 7 years she did not even mentioned about it to any of her family, as we got to see in the show,the whole school staff knows about what happened to her and told her to keep shush to not ruin the school's reputation...Her mother is a very,very caring and loving mom and is a respectable teacher, her dad again is a very loving,caring,ideal dad... her grandfather is a wealthy,influential person in her city, her whole extended family(Their joint family) and all her cousins love her, technically she has that perfect family all of us crave for and many of us do not have
a  rational and sane person  would fail to understand the logic behind keeping this as a secret from her loving family  despite the school authorities knowing everything

Please do not tell me it is not easy to tell, yes I do completely agree but many of us do not have very supportive families who would blame us for what happened, Nisha,however has an ideal family she should have shared this important ''secret'' with...What it makes me wonder is if she loves her family at all because she is ok with sharing with school authrities yet kept this a secret from her own fam for 7 years

I saw on an episode of Satyamev Jayate how a guy was raped for 11 long years by his uncle(mom's sister's husband) and when he found the courage to tell his mother she told him to keep shush as her sister's life will be ruined, No I am not telling a horror story, these are real life incidents that happen everywhere, yet Nisha couldn't share to her family abt that 'incident' for 7 years, One wonders if she trusts them at all?  

its not abt trust she had clearly mentioned a 13yrs girl cannot do anything and that her teacher threatened her no one will believe so how would u dare to tell u r parents abt that actually it hapens u said u watched satyamev jayete so i too watched it havent u seen the victims saying i didnt dare to tel my parents because am afraid they wont believe me
so a 13yrs girl cannot think of such big words trust and all she s kid

3)Nisha has some  gender indentidy issues ...She feels like a boy and she feels  an immense  sense of pride doing things guys do...for example  after beating up Jwala's teacher...even in many other cases she shows signs of that of someone with gender indentidy  issues...It is simply sick to show her as a someone with gender indentity issues and then the same person being married to Ritesh and all...I Mean what if she is transgender? I am sure they are not trying to show this but then my question is why make her hate being a girl?

gender identity issues comes from birth and its a hormonal defect that u want be like opposite gender behave like that and attracted towards same gender but nisha s not a lesbian or something 
she hate boys and she hate kamzori girls she wants to prove herself that she s not kamzor ladki 

4) The show somehow wants to portray women as weaker than men and feminine things as things the weak like...for example Nisha was pinned up by 4 guys and then molested yet she said ''kyun main ek kamzor ladki hoon'' etc e...actually even a guy couldn't have fight with 4 guys alone,so what's weak about being a woman?
she also feels that dressing up as a girl (wearing lehenga etc),liking makeup and jewellery is what stupid and '''weak'' girls do...what rubbish is this?
I am a  girl and naturally, I like feminine clothes,jewelleries,makeup etc 
there are also women who don't like this things yet they don't think it is something ''weak'' girls like

never ever nisha said that dressing like girls s a weakness she dont like that she had her own reasons she doesnt want to be girly types because she doesnt want that again to happen in her life
never she critisised kirti or dolly or anyone that they r weak and she s strong i think u dont regularly watch the show

Like I said before, She has gender indentity issues more than that incident issues  yet the show  is trying to portray she is this way because of that incident, I don't really think so what I think is she had gender identity issues from the start but that incident somewhat added fuel to it and then she got serious PTSD and now hates being a girl...which is not normal for a girl to feel
The show is now like half cooked khichdi,terrible to  taste 

if she really has gender identity issues she wouldnt have agreed to marry ritesh 
she hates being a girl doesnt mean that she s a boy 

cherry_1293 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AyeshaKt

No she WAS NOT molestated

As for the poster saying it can happen with clothes on, did you read  that I mentioned you have to be naked?  no I didn''t

before both of you jump to conclusions and argue some more

what she  had faced is called harrasment   It is NOT molestation

Molestation is when someone touches your privates (or chest or bum)  

Tossing like a ball is harassment NOT molestation

before you guys just assume and  write a  reply on it, just  do a quick google search

Yes she has faced PTSD because of this incident and yes it was a sad incident  that traumatised  her

however  calling harrasment as molestation (or molestation as rape) is not only stupid...it also affects those who have been through actual molestation (or rape)

What the guys did from what I saw is harassment  not molestation

oh and please do not add sexual, there was NO sexual touching at all...it is harassment,period NOT sexual assualt or molestation

ohkk its harrasement but how can u decide that harrasement doesnt leads to any depression  
it depends on the child's mental condition