Ishita-Mani having Emotional Affair, one kinda cheating.-DTNT Pg4

ankitasen thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

What is emotional affair?

An emotional affair can also be referred to as an affair of the heart. It is a phenomenon that is not limited to married couples, affecting people in serious relationships of every type. An emotional affair may begin innocently as a friendship with a person outside the relationship. Over time, the partner becomes infatuated, obsessed in some cases, with this friend - and eventually tries to become friendlier, spending more time with him or her at the cost of the relationship that person is already in.

Signs You've Crossed the Line:

According to Saltz, these seven red flags suggest you may have entered into an emotional affair:

1.You spend a lot of emotional energy on the person. "You end up sharing stuff that you don't even share with your partner -- hopes and dreams, things that would actually connect you to your partner."

2.You dress up for that person.

3.You make a point to find ways to spend time together, and that time becomes very important to you.

4.You'd feel guilty if your partner saw you together; you are doing things and saying things that you would never do or say in front of your spouse.

5.You share your feelings of marital dissatisfaction.

6.You're keeping secret the amount of time you're spending with the person (including emailing, calling, texting).

7.You start to feel dependent on the emotional high that comes with the relationship.

Ishita had already completed all the seven steps.

End result of emotional affair

Emotional affair is one kind of cheating and it ends in divorce for married couple.

Advice for people having emotional affair

These affairs can be hard to stop, Saltz says. But to give your marriage a chance, "you just have to end it. I don't think there's a halfway. It's too slippery a slope." If it's someone you can't avoid, have a direct conversation. Tell them, "I need to not do this," Saltz says.If you want to save your marriage, the earlier you deal with problems, the better, Saltz says. "And the earlier you cut off something that leads in the direction of betrayal, the better."

So the friendship Ishita and Mani are currently having is not a healthy one. It is clearly an emotional affair whether she understands it or not. If she wants to save her marriage she better checks what she really wants from her marriage.

Sources:

1. http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/features/emotional-cheating-guilty?page=2

2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_affair

Edited (I add this part to let you know my POV about how their OTT friendship is turned into an emotional affair) 

Ishita wakes up picking his calls, she goes to sleep finishing his calls, she messes up making family breakfast while talking to him, She shares husband-wife private information with him, she ignores her husband for him, she bitches about her husband to him, she constantly compares her husband with him, she can't function her daily works without him, she needs him for prying, she lies to her husband  for meeting him ..phew There is nothing healthy in their relationship, totally overboard. She's mentally and physically handicapped without him nowadays, she can't do a single major work without him.

As it says, it starts with an innocent friendship but with time it blows out of proportion. Same thing is happening for Mani-Ishita. It's becoming an obsession for both of them. Just in last episode, they met for nothing, they met just for hatching a plot that they would be meeting Sarika next. And, for that she ditched her entire day work and lied to everyone. Their every now and then phone conversation and text messages are enough to indicate there is something odd in their relationship.

As far as, she's giving a crap about her husband position and all that...she is yet to realize how emotionally she's getting attached to Mani. She needs to realize it before it's too late. Being oblivious to emotions is Ishita's specialty. 😆 I hope Toshiji/ Mrs.Iyer / Bala soon knocks some senses into her mind.

Edited by ankitasen - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Colt.Pixy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
yes yes . I read this by Kudai and I was shocked but could not deny even for one reason
Edited by Colt.Pixy - 9 years ago
smritishah thumbnail
Wow what a post...cant' deny the facts. You got some legit points. Ishita should set her priorities right first until it's too late.
ankitasen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Colt.Pixy

yes yes . I read this by Kudai and I was shocked but could not deny even for one reason

I read it too. But I knew it before as while watching the show my mom who is a psychologist told me they were having EMOTIONAL AFFAIR. I was like 😲😲😲...later some googling did the job. 😆
lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
LMAO OMG, IS THIS FOR REAL?!?!!

I can 100% assure you that Ishita and Mani are not having an emotional affair. Ishita loves Raman for crying out loud! She's completely in love with the man and doesn't think of anyone else but him! 

1. of course Ishita spends emotional energy on Mani. He's her best friend. Those kind of relationship are made by INVESTING in emotional energy with the person. And Mani knows her hopes, dreams, etc. because he's known yet for so many years! Raman doesn't because they have communication issues (which I think is the biggest hurdle their relationship has to pass). 

2. Ishita does not dress up for Mani LOL. The only time she did that, was when she was meeting him after a long time (their first meeting in the show). Other than that, she's always worn her normal clothes when meeting him. I don't even think she thinks about dressing up for Mani LOL. 

3. Yes Ishita makes time to see him, but he's her friend! Why shouldn't she make time to see him? But I don't think that time has become too important for her. Even when she's with Mani, all she talks about is Raman. When she's with Raman, she only talks about Mani for a little bit. Other than that, I'm pretty sure she cherishes her small moments with Raman a lot more as she's always smiling thinking about those moments (unlike the ones she spends with Mani). 

4. Ishita doesn't feel guilty seeing Mani. She generally tells Raman when she's going to see/ hanging out/ chilled with Mani. Even now, the only reason she feels guilty, is because she is lying to him. And even that is for Raman's benefit as she wants to help him.  

5. Ishita does NOT complain about Raman to Mani seriously. She's always complaining in jest. If she seriously complained about Raman, do you think Mani wouldn't react? Wouldn't he get worried for her, confront her, ask her to see a counsellor or something? No, instead, he has a very good picture of Raman. He thinks so highly of Raman, to the point where he nominated him as a director. And even that was only because of Ishita! She always tells Mani how wonderful Raman can be. Mani has had a really good impression of Raman so far because of Ishita. The only reason Mani ever doubts Raman, is due to Raman's jerk behaviour. 

6. Ishita generally doesn't keep secret of the time she spends with Mani from Raman. Raman knows it because she tells him --> that's why he's so jealous! Only recently she's begun lying to him. And that too because she knows if he found out she was trying to help him, he'd get pissed! 

7. Ishita does not feel dependant on any emotional high from meeting with Mani, from what I've observed. If anything, she gets dependant on the emotional high she gets when she and Raman share a moment together (rain dance,karvachaut,resigning his position, etc). 

Ishita is in love with Raman. Mani is only her friend who helps her along. Frick I doubt she was even planning on telling Mani about Sarika-Romi. Mani found out on his OWN and then confronted her. Only then did she begin to involve Mani in the situation, because the situation could prove harmful to Raman (the man she loves). She's collaborating with Mani to save Raman. If she was love with Mani (which is what an emotional affair concerns) then she wouldn't give a crap that his reputation is in danger. But she does care, so she's not having an emotional affair. 

The biggest hurdle in Raman and Ishita's relationship, is their communication issues. Both care about each other, love each other, want the best for each other, but cannot communicate this to each other without getting into a fight. 
Edited by lovely_lady - 9 years ago
Colt.Pixy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ankitasen

I read it too. But I knew it before as while watching the show my mom who is a psychologist told me they were having EMOTIONAL AFFAIR. I was like 😲😲😲...later some googling did the job. 😆

her abnormal behavior with mani  irked me too much as my observation for married women in my friend circle and family and relatives. but could not find the reason why!! Now I can answer question: iss behavior ko kya naam doon ?  EMOTIONAL AFFAIR 😉
Edited by Colt.Pixy - 9 years ago
Vsoujanya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: lovely_lady

I can 100% assure you that Ishita and Mani are not having an emotional affair. Ishita loves Raman for crying out loud! She's completely in love with the man and doesn't think of anyone else but him! 

1. of course Ishita spends emotional energy on Mani. He's her best friend. Those kind of relationship are made by INVESTING in emotional energy with the person. And Mani knows her hopes, dreams, etc. because he's known yet for so many years! Raman doesn't because they have communication issues (which I think is the biggest hurdle their relationship has to pass). 

2. Ishita does not dress up for Mani LOL. The only time she did that, was when she was meeting him after a long time (their first meeting in the show). Other than that, she's always worn her normal clothes when meeting him. I don't even think she thinks about dressing up for Mani LOL. 

3. Yes Ishita makes time to see him, but he's her friend! Why shouldn't she make time to see him? But I don't think that time has become too important for her. Even when she's with Mani, all she talks about is Raman. When she's with Raman, she only talks about Mani for a little bit. Other than that, I'm pretty sure she cherishes her small moments with Raman a lot more as she's always smiling thinking about those moments (unlike the ones she spends with Mani). 

4. Ishita doesn't feel guilty seeing Mani. She generally tells Raman when she's going to see/ hanging out/ chilled with Mani. Even now, the only reason she feels guilty, is because she is lying to him. And even that is for Raman's benefit as she wants to help him.  

5. Ishita does NOT complain about Raman to Mani seriously. She's always complaining in jest. If she seriously complained about Raman, do you think Mani wouldn't react? Wouldn't he get worried for her, confront her, ask her to see a counsellor or something? No, instead, he has a very good picture of Raman. He thinks so highly of Raman, to the point where he nominated him as a director. And even that was only because of Ishita! She always tells Mani how wonderful Raman can be. Mani has had a really good impression of Raman so far because of Ishita. The only reason Mani ever doubts Raman, is due to Raman's jerk behaviour. 

6. Ishita generally doesn't keep secret of the time she spends with Mani from Raman. Raman knows it because she tells him --> that's why he's so jealous! Only recently she's begun lying to him. And that too because she knows if he found out she was trying to help him, he'd get pissed! 

7. Ishita does not feel dependant on any emotional high from meeting with Mani, from what I've observed. If anything, she gets dependant on the emotional high she gets when she and Raman share a moment together (rain dance,karvachaut,resigning his position, etc). 

Ishita is in love with Raman. Mani is only her friend who helps her along. Frick I doubt she was even planning on telling Mani about Sarika-Romi. Mani found out on his OWN and then confronted her. Only then did she begin to involve Mani in the situation, because the situation could prove harmful to Raman (the man she loves). She's collaborating with Mani to save Raman. If she was love with Mani (which is what an emotional affair concerns) then she wouldn't give a crap that his reputation is in danger. But she does care, so she's not having an emotional affair. 

The biggest hurdle in Raman and Ishita's relationship, is their communication issues. Both care about each other, love each other, want the best for each other, but cannot communicate this to each other without getting into a fight. 

I would like to say EK NUMBER! ðŸ˜† (sorry I'm like reliving BB7, too influenced by BB these days) But seriously this is just CRAZY! An emotional affair. This is not fair to Ishita at all, she is doing all this for Raman, and she is just wrong completely? What is with this thinking? I don't get it. Ishita always talks about Raman. She has been gushing about Raman too Mani since their first meeting. Mani knows so much about Raman because Ishita has told him about Raman. Mani's opinion on Raman's behavior is solely based on what Ashok said and what he witnessed in the hospital. Now people who know Raman well would understand him, but Mani doesn't. I am not saying he should have told Raman that he was not a good husband, but still. BTW lets remember that Ishita is not aware of this Mani-Raman conversation. To her Raman being rude, or moody is absolutely normal. How would she know he is upset? You are absolutely correct the problem in Ishra is communication, they are  awful at communicating their feelings, and thoughts. But Ishita is completely in love with Raman, and she is not having any kind of affairs with anybody. She is doing all this for Raman, she is worried about him. She wants to help him, but she is afraid he would not let her help, she doesn't want to stress him out, because she thinks that he is super tensed about Romi and Sarika, and she does not know that Raman has told Neil to take care of that issue. You see both are unaware of what they are doing. Again it is a communication problem, not some random affair. This is a pretty big accusation, and not fair at all, in my opinion! BTW the way Raman did the same thing during the accident track, Ishita found out the truth by herself first! When Raman realized what he did was harmful to Adi, he told Ishita himself. Ishita did not confront him despite knowing the truth, she wanted him to tell her himself whenever he felt ready. The same thing goes to Ishita, let her first find out what is upsetting Raman. Let her work her way through, then she will tell him everything he needs and wants to hear. She needs to work on this on her own pace, just like Raman did with Adi. It will take time, but both will emerge stronger from this. 
Edited by Vsoujanya - 9 years ago
begumparaa thumbnail
According to Nietzsche, it does not take long for an emotional affair to become a physical affair. Starts with supportive hand holding, then embraces and hugs of compassion which Ishita is already into - wont take much time for compassion to explode into full blown passion.
404_NotFound thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
I am surprised to see such posts . She thinks about Raman all the time , she puts up with his nasty behavior and has supported him when he really needed her and still people come up with such things .

Ishita has gone through the same during accident track ...does that mean Raman was having emotional affair with Shagun?Raman not only lied to Ishita but also back stabbed her by destroying evidences on one hand and pretending to support on other hand. Atleast Ishita is doing this for Raman not for any other person in Bhalla family ...unlike Raman who was protecting his criminal son and was least bothered about his wife's feeling 

He has done the same things in the past to Ishita and expected her to trust him but he is unable to do the same.He still trusts his ex wife over Ishita ...how could he get influenced by Shagun's words ...he repeats the same mistakes .

ankitasen thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovely_lady

3. Yes Ishita makes time to see him, but he's her friend! Why shouldn't she make time to see him? But I don't think that time has become too important for her. Even when she's with Mani, all she talks about is Raman. When she's with Raman, she only talks about Mani for a little bit.// if it is a little bit, I don't know what is over the top btw. 😆  Other than that, I'm pretty sure she cherishes her small moments with Raman a lot more as she's always smiling thinking about those moments (unlike the ones she spends with Mani).

She wakes up picking his calls, she goes to sleep finishing his calls, she messes up making family breakfast while talking to him, She shares husband-wife private information with him, she ignores her husband for him, she bitches about her husband to him, she constantly compares her husband with him, she can't function her daily works without him, she needs him for prying, she lies to her husband  for meeting him ..phew There is nothing healthy in their relationship, totally overboard. She's mentally and physically handicapped without him nowadays, she can't do a single major work without him.

As it says, it starts with an innocent friendship but with time it blows out of proportion. Same thing is happening for Mani-Ishita. It's becoming an obsession for both of them. Just in last episode, they met for nothing, they met just for hatching a plot that they would be meeting Sarika next. And, for that she ditched her entire day work and lied to everyone. Their every now and then phone conversation and text messages are enough to indicate there is something odd in their relationship.

As far as, she's giving a crap about her husband position and all that...she is yet to realize how emotionally she's getting attached to Mani. She needs to realize it before it's too late. Being oblivious to emotions is Ishita's specialty. 😆 I hope Toshiji/ Mrs.Iyer / Bala soon knocks some senses into her mind.