Posted: 9 years ago
nice...very interesting...
i loved it!! 😳
πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
keep writing...
krackjack thumbnail
Very interesting.

So, 'Honest Lies' has some truths that are being written exactly the way they occurred. Interesting part is, the novel is available for purchase.  So I'm sure she is fully aware of the fact that Ranveer could buy and read it all. Does she want him to read it? πŸ˜›

She probably isn't running away from everything.  She is still holding on by not just writing it all but also by publishing it. 

Ishani seems to be a very interesting character. I think, more than feeling the her pain and loneliness, I'm very much curious about her actions and intentions.

Is it just the pain or something more than what meets the eye or better, something more than what the words convey? πŸ˜‰

Yes, you can call me K. So should I call you V then? πŸ˜Š

Edited by krackjack - 9 years ago
Vibranthues thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 3

Chapter 3

"RV, are you sure you're going to be okay? I know Ishani returns today -"

"It's been three years Manas. We're both grownups. I think we can be civil to each other. Anyway, I know she's been keeping away because of me, and I don't want to deny Disha the chance to have her sister by her side at her wedding." Ranveer cut off him irritably, ignoring the nervousness that was choking him. The last time he'd seen her was three months after she left him - to negotiate the divorce proceedings.  She had sent him the papers a month after she left and Ranveer had refused to sign it until Ishani spoke to him directly. But Ishani refused, only communicating through her attorney until Ranveer had no choice.

Her face was impassive as she sat next to her lawyer, barely saying a few words during the proceedings, her eyes hidden behind large sunglasses. The hardest thing Ranveer had ever done was sit calmly as a piece of paper separated the woman he loved with all his heart forever. It could all he had to stay where he was and not grab her, shake her until she told him why she was doing this. The minute he signed the papers, she walked out without a backward glance. The question of alimony didn't arise as Ishani didn't want it and she didn't want any of his assets, and they didn't have joint valuables being married for only 15 months. This puzzled Ranveer more than ever, because it showed she hadn't married him for his money, although Ranveer would have given it all to her in a heartbeat if she asked. Not that Ishani needed it then - being the daughter of affluent businessman Harshad Parekh, and now, with two bestsellers in her kitty, she was easily one of India's best authors.

He hated her for leaving him so lost inside, wondering if the 12 years they had been together, as friends, lovers and spouses meant anything to her at all, if she had ever loved him the way he had. He thought he knew every piece of her, mind, body and soul. They had made love a million times - he had intimate knowledge of every inch of her body, knowing where to touch, caress and kiss just right to make her moan and scream. They'd fought, cried and laughed and seen each other tired, sick and sad.

Her family, his family refused to divulge anything besides apologizing and blaming it on Ishani being young and flighty. Falguni Ma had simply looked at him with pitying eyes as he begged them to talk, to ask her why she would do this to him. While Manas and Sharman were there for him when he just wanted to drink the pain away, hoping if he drank enough, he'd be able to sleep right through the day, it was Ritiika, his divorce lawyer, and Disha who helped him collect himself enough so that he could go to work everyday.

Ritika hated Ishani now, and for a while it even strained her friendship with Disha, when the latter refused to condemn or justify her sister. She had become friends with Ranveer and his family when she came to his house to discuss the legalities of the divorce. Disha's stubborn silence made Ranveer realize that she knew the real reason Ishani left and thought it was a valid one. Once Ranveer was out of his drunken bouts and struggles with sobriety, he'd straight out asked Disha whether Ishani had ever loved him. All six of them - Ranveer, Ishani, Disha, Sharman, Manas and Devarsh had grown up together - surely Disha would know how Ishani really felt. She had simply taken his hand, squeezed it and said that Ishani had never loved anyone but him.

It didn't help squelch his bewilderment one bit.

The squeal of tires outside the driveway snapped Ranveer out of his thoughts. This was it. She was here. A few metres away. His eyes swept across the mirror in the room in one quick glance. Shadows of sleepless nights paraded on his face, his skin lacking pallor, marching bands with forgotten music, mismatched notes bleeding together. He couldn't change his disheveled appearance now, but suddenly, Ranveer wished he had taken the trouble to shave.

Ranveer could hear quiet greetings and shuffling as bodies connected and hugged. He tensed, composing his features.

The door clicked, and the doorknob turned...and she was here, blindingly beautiful, too beautiful - and the ache in his chest intensified.

She had on a simple white sleeveless kurta slipped on denim jeans and she still managed to take his breath away.

Her eyes didn't leave his as she walked and stopped right behind the chair across from him; close enough to touch, to comfort, to break him once more; yet far enough to bolt yet again.

She opened her mouth to say something before a tall man steps in the room, winding his arm around Ishani's waist, while extending his hand to Ranveer.

"Hi, I'm Chirag Mehta. Ishani's boyfriend.

mistofshadows thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: mistofshadows

Awesome ff.

Will post a longer comment later.

RES!!!

UNRES...

Right sorry for not replying before, was busy pataofying my mummy you seeπŸ˜‰

Anyway coming to your ff, I would say a good start.
While I like a pining Ranveer too, I would love Ishaani's POV even better.
Can you do it? Pretty please😳

BTW I found the idea of Ranveer reading romance novels really hilarious.
He is a gone case, really.
Majnu to the extent that he would even read M&B if Ishaani had written it.
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Coming to the 3rd part, did Chirag have to enter so early.
I am tested to the end of my patience with his character.

Once again, do continue it. 
Its quite an interesting read.

Petrichorlove thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Well, eyes are a window to the soul...hence the sunglasses, Ishani? 

What secret is so important to keep that she's willing to cut him out of her life so completely? I refuse to believe that she doesn't love him anymore, although Chirag does complicate things. 

I'm hoping her stories have the huge hidden clue...the game of evasion and pursuing has begun. Ranveer needs his answers and she's determined to hide from him. 

Loving this! 
-A

Ifa_Hassan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice ff update soon πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌ
Fahmiii93 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
omg...it is amazing...continue and pm !!!!!me!!!!
chocolatefreak1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
😊
Edited by chocolatefreak1 - 9 years ago