Blast from the Past Thread #28 ~*~Purane moments@300~*~ P 140 Epi 330 - Page 78

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by Horizon

Advance birthday celebration for Cynthia.. me loves..

Faiqa, thats an intense striking piece...touched me immense. with all your masterly video edit effects.. that leaves effect  worked wonders..Been a while since i heard Yanni.. but your mixing of those fierse ASR- Kh moments totally owned that passionate music...thanks a million my friend.. fabulous job..

I agree Indu, that fierce ASR UFF drove me crazy...oh yes Faiqa the leaves Fall is my favorite time of year the effect was beautiful.
Originally posted by .ArshiHamesha.

2015 is around the corner ...

New Year comes with glows of hopes in our minds and  it gives us new confidence and courage for a fresh start.May this New Year brings immense happiness in all of you, may the fireworks brings you the sound of victory in your ear. Wishing you Happy New Year!

"Happy New Year and all the best for new ventures!"

Yes new confidence, courage.. Beautiful gif..
Have a great year full of fire works Faiqa..
Originally posted by indi52

hi sohara,

i see you are here... great.

at last that vm is done... no idea if it does the song justice, but oh i loved going over these scenes again and again... the song is beautiful, has a certain play of mood... hope this lifts your spirits a bit.

asr khushi and all that wooing and falling in love. rabba ve.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vUj9ow8GPg&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

a translation from the net... i would have written "your lover has come to your land..." but beloved and country also work i guess.

courtesy: bollynook.com... lyrics by kumaar, music: vishal-shekhar, singer: rahat fateh ali khan

ho tora saajan aayo tore des
your beloved has come to your country
badli badra badla saavan
the rain clouds changed, and so did the rainfall
badla jag ne bhes re
the guise of the world changed
tora saajan aayo tore des

neendein neendein rehti hain aaj kal
i remain sleepy nowadays
bas uske hi khwabon ke libaas mein
just in the covering of his thoughts
jaane kab tham gaye yeh kadam
i don't know when these feet stopped
ik uske hi ghar ke paas mein
just near to her house

raasta, bhoola main apna raasta
i forgot my own road

bahara bahara hua dil pehli baar ve
there's a spring season inside this heart for the first time
bahara bahara ki chain to hua faraar ve
there's a spring season and the peace has run away

woh jo labz the bandhe huye labon pe khul gaye
those words which were tied to my lips, have opened up now
main usse mila toh rang se hain mujh mein ghul gaye kuch iss kadar
when i met her, then the colours seem to have dissolved in me, in such a way
mujh mein main ab hoon kidhar main hoon kidhar kya bataun
that I don't know where I am in myself, I can't tell
sirf usko hai pata
Only she knows the answer

ho tora saajan aayo tore des
badli badra badla saavan
the rain clouds changed, and so did the rainfall
badla jag ne bhes re
the guise of the world changed
tora saajan aayo tore des

neendein neendein rehti hain aaj kal
i remain sleepy nowadays
bas uske hi khwabon ke libaas mein
just in the covering of his thoughts
jaane kab tham gaye yeh kadam
i don't know when these feet stopped
ik uske hi ghar ke paas mein
just near to her house

raasta, bhoola main apna raasta
i forgot my own road

Absolutely lovely vm, Indi di!
My comment on the dard vm is lost somewhere on page 87/88, I think!😆
I miss these two! With the reruns coming to an end over here, I'm wishing they would start showing it again. There's something about seeing them on HD!
Faiqa, Stunning vm!
Loved the interlacing of the scenes ( and what scenes!) and the music. Yanni, there was a time in my early twenties when I was hooked to his music! 😆Been a while since I've listened to him. My absolute favorite is 'Reflections of Passion'.
Originally posted by kizh72

Take a bow, Maestro!👏
I don't know much about western classical music, but over the years some pieces of music have stuck with me. One of which is Tchaikovsky's dance/waltz of the flowers from the nutcracker ballet.

In this case I felt the highs and lows, the ebb and flow of the music spoke their story. And what a beautiful one it is! Thank you!

here it is, kizh...

sorry, i missed it earlier...

thank you so much... maestro... me grinning. me super novice but what the.

i love the sound of western classical, especially the classic composers... but i know very little. nutcracker suite is a favourite... all the dances are wonderful. the waltz of the flowers is lilting and pretty... listening as i type. i remember way back my dad buying the lp record... this one was conducted by toscanini, one of those great conductors... seems he became one at 19... gosh these people.

in fact, guess what my keyboard sits on...

yeah the vinyl record is inside... belonged to a good friend of mine.

this piece is from t's last symphony, no. 6 in b minor... a screaming passion in it, sometimes i hear a protest... but always a need, a driving absolute need... heard it the first time being performed live in singapore by the ny phil way back, kurt masur conducting, it was a in large indoor stadium, not a fancy hall where they played... came away feeling blown for days.

so glad you liked the vm... just went with a feeling.

and thanks for liking lost your way too... this vm making is addictive, i hope i am not chuckiuing too many at you guys. 😆. right now trying to understand the tech part a bit more, play with the pix, move, crop, colour, transitions... though honestly, just looking at them as they are with minimum addition alteration is my joy... yes in hd this experience must be at some other high... thanks to kate, i have a few things in hd, when i edit... ohhohoho.

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
^^^
Ok this is crazy: I just saw the nutcracker few days before Christmas, for the first time ever... Had NO idea you guys were talking Tchaikovsky of all things. A dear friend who is a pianist took me to the ballet. It was amazing and talking to him ever since, a real education.. I know nothing except a slightly over exposed memory of swan lake from ages ago ...so I devoured every bit... Just yesterday he made me a pen drive and last night I uploaded the nutcracker compositions to my library. I've been feeling mighty chuffed about it... And now I come here, I saw the image of the LP cover and thought I was hallucinating.. Did a double, triple take ... Isn't that wild!!

Can't wait to watch the VM, Indus...am sure it's gorgeous! I saw the PM some time ago, I think, and now kicking myself for not watching right away... Bewakoof ladki issk!!

Anyway night is jawaan... Will watch Jab me Ghar and come right back!

I still think this is crazy ... Ee humaar ongoing tele ji pathy ... Iss baar toh kuchh zyada hee ho gaya!

I remember listening to the dance of the flowers on a bus travelling through Burgundy. And on my one and only visit to Singapore, watched a symphony orchestra playing Vivaldi's four seasons ( I think it was the spring one)  in the botanical gardens and there was a thunderstorm too!😆 Couple of those things which I think will stick to me till the end. I've watched the nutcracker ballet once too. Even if one does not know or understand, music does move one.
Please keep the vms coming, your loyal audience is always on standby!

hi everyone, pictures of asr khushi in my mind the whole day, that too with a sombre piece of music... the last movement of tchaikovsky's pathetique, a symphony i heard a while ago by chance and absolutely fell for... not that i listen all the time, nor that i recognise every bit of it, but at some point as a movement plays, it reaches out and i do know yes, this is the sixth in b minor and i fly off...

just read that in russian the name translates to passionate...

believe it or not i made this to wish you all a great year ahead... my daughter saw it and said all the "staring" reminded her of twilight, though some bits made her happy.

have a splendid 2015...

please watch, that is in case youtube hasn't already banned it, in hd and push up the sound.

dard is ache, dard is pain, agony, wound, dard blows us away. without it, how would we live or love.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7_lH60ZWG4[/YOUTUBE]

What a lovely lyrical New Year wish! 

The giver and bearer of dard so intense is the only one who can bring such joy as well...the Raizada in top form...the "staring", please tell your daughter i love it more than anything😆 .  My most favorite bits are the two teri-meri moves. Uff, just too good. It's a beautiful VM, beautifully felt all the way. Utterly graceful.

Dard bhi wahi, aur dawaa bhi dammit.

Splendid ending.

Love to you too, madame indi52.
Originally posted by IssK.

^^^
Ok this is crazy: I just saw the nutcracker few days before Christmas, for the first time ever... Had NO idea you guys were talking Tchaikovsky of all things. A dear friend who is a pianist took me to the ballet. It was amazing and talking to him ever since, a real education.. I know nothing except a slightly over exposed memory of swan lake from ages ago ...so I devoured every bit... Just yesterday he made me a pen drive and last night I uploaded the nutcracker compositions to my library. I've been feeling mighty chuffed about it... And now I come here, I saw the image of the LP cover and thought I was hallucinating.. Did a double, triple take ... Isn't that wild!!

Can't wait to watch the VM, Indus...am sure it's gorgeous! I saw the PM some time ago, I think, and now kicking myself for not watching right away... Bewakoof ladki issk!!

Anyway night is jawaan... Will watch Jab me Ghar and come right back!

I still think this is crazy ... Ee humaar ongoing tele ji pathy ... Iss baar toh kuchh zyada hee ho gaya!

this, dear issk, is crazy.

watch when you want to... the sixth symphony got me a while back... again i knew nothing, but a friend with me did... even if he hadn't, the music would have got me.

kizh watches vm, mentions the waltz of the flowers from nutcracker... i think, oh i like that one, my dad bought that lp, i look down and guess what's my keyboard rest, then you come and say, just saw nutcracker and got the music...

piotr illich tchaikovsky (i can barely pronounce the name), did he ever think, more than a hundred years after his death, three indian girls sitting in three parts of the planet would one fine day discuss his music on an online forum devoted to a hindi serial... swan lake, pathetique, nutcracker...

baat is rarely about sach ya jhoot... just yakeen.

uff do you have any idea how fabulous the tacky serial hero heroine look with large layered teeming western classical music... symphony in their very pace movement style gaze.

^^^

issk,

hugely thanking you for watching dard and your comment. lyrical? deeply felt? the first one i had hoped for, the second... yes... every bit was about trying to find my real feelings and finding a sync point with theirs.

i really can't believe that these two may end up never acting together again. really. i guess that is the thing about dard... beauty is experienced and then it goes...
i am grateful that you guys watch and even more that you enjoy.