Badi Door Se Aaye Hain

Keeping your child away justified ?

dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

I am not getting this thing. How can parents keep away a special child in a hospital for years and then justify that they were thinking about Anna all the while ? In fact they didn't bother to tell anyone about her existence.

How would Anna's upbringing be ignored if Angel was at home ? This kind of philosophy may work for siblings but I found it illogical or rather insensitive thing to do in this case.

Or did I miss somethingšŸ¤”

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thesameguy4u thumbnail
Well again a case of bad writing may be, may be..they might have added the child's character as an afterthought and made this to be the reason coz nothing justifies what they are reasoning here.. coz she is a special child and needed special care so Ronnie and Lisa (of course characters), as indicated by Anna while she was unaware of the truth, might have been reluctant to take care of her but now have realised their naivety.. but dunno, if that is the reason given to stay away from your own blood it is inexplicable.. it exists in reality though as we have seen.. it just might be a case of bad writing here.. moreover i dont know if I am missing something but they have not shown Lisa to be working so they could easily have taken care of both.. 
lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I think the CVs failed to articulate it properly. 

My thinking was, usually in families with special needs children, it is very common for the other children, with no disabilities, to get ignored. That's probably what Ronnie and Liza thought as well. They thought they'd get so caught up in being/helping with Angel than Anna would get ignored/ feel ignored. Thus, they put her in a hospital, special needs centre. And they decided not to tell Anna because they thought she'd feel guilty (which she is now). But I guess better to feel guilty as an adult than grow up feeling guilty your entire life as a child. 

But as the other poster pointed out, this entire storyline really seems like it was a last-minute/ not well planned thing. 
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I wonder how old was Anna when Angel was born.
I think for parents struggling with a disabled child should first  prepare the other child or children mentally . Giving away the disabled child cannot be an option.

Here they not only gave away the child but also kept her existence a secret. I cannot think why Anna was responsible for this decision. 

It was  last minute decision for sure. Nothing looks natural here.

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
Anna was 10 years old when angel was born so yes,she was small at that time.It would have been difficult for ronnie and lisa to take  care of both the children.Plus anna's parents had also passed away and it was Ronnie and lisa's responsibility to take care of anna.
The doctor told them that they have to give full attention to angel as she is a mentally disabled child.So they thought anna might feel neglected so they decided to keep angel in hospital and hide this truth from anna so that she won't feel bad or guilty.      
But now the makers themselves are showing that Ronnie and lisa were wrong in doing so because angel started learning too fast which is somewhat weird.How can a mentally disabled gal accept her aunty,parents and her neighbors in just 1 day?In the hospital,she couldn't even recognize her own mother.

Btw,this track reminds me of an old tamil movie called Anjali.That was also about a mentally challenged 2 year old girl called Anjali.In the end,poor Anjali passed away after getting lots of love from everyone.I wonder what the makers of this show will do with angel.