Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Abhijeet turns murderer!
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   June 9, 2005

Shaheen Parkar
FRAMED: Abhijeet Sawant at the shoot of CID at SJ Studios yesterday 
Pic: Rane Ashish
Indian Idol Abhijeet Sawant makes his acting debut in the Sony weekly CID. He plays the role of a murder-accused who seeks help from the show's top cop ACP Pradyuman (Shivaji Satam).

"For a change, I am not singing but acting in a serial," says Sawant, who finds showcasing histrionics a tough proposition.

"After interacting with veterans like Shivaji Satam, I realise I am a total novice and have a long way to go," he admits. "It will take me years to learn what acting is all about. Only then can I consider myself as an actor too. This is just a first, faltering step towards it."

Sawant will play himself in the crime show. The track will have him charged for the killing of a girl who is on her death-bed. Just prior to her murder, the girl had put in a plea for mercy killing. What is Sawant's relation with the girl and why has he put his name and fame at stake for the girl is what forms the crux of the drama.

While shooting at the SJ Studios, Saki Naka, yesterday, Sawant was the cynosure of all attention. "There is this strange feeling," he points out, "it's not that I am facing the camera for the first time.

Throughout the Idol contest we were in front of the cameras. But the experience of mouthing lines is distinct; there is that element of fear. Luckily, I have been given short and simple dialogues. I have memorised them all," he adds. 

His look in the serial is extremely, "suited and booted" and it took him just "five minutes" to don the actor's greasepaint.

CID, produced by B P Singh, has ACP Pradyuman and his task-force take on the severely sticky cases and bring the culprits to book.

The episode featuring Sawant will be aired on June 17

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JEET thumbnail
Good Abhijeet, Keep it up, but i personaly don't want you in
acting, i like u alot as a singer & model.

well, thanks for the news 😊
anjali.nair thumbnail
Thanks for the article
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I 2 think Abhijeet needs to currently sing and enjoy his new found IDOL singing fame.
anjali.nair thumbnail
I think poor guy has to do what SONY tells him to. 
beauty_angel thumbnail
H e   i s   g o i n g   t o   c o m e   i n   C . I . D    w o w!  
Me_Abhi thumbnail

😃oh my God...............wow😃

😃

~*Deewani*~ thumbnail

awwww abhijeet is so sweet!

i can't wait to see him!!!!!!!

Nor can i , i wanna see him..............yes hes comimg on.
aamir thumbnail
good to see Abhijeet Sawant in CID ....but I think he is good in singing serials.