Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anju.s thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Looshika

Your daughter is damn talented ...its so beautifully and maturely written ..Ruhi point of view ,reaction,feelings everything were so natural and real i guess its because of your daughter being a child who can connect herself to Ruhi...!Thank u so much for posting this story and special thanks to ur daughter for writing it..tell her to write more and thanks for the pm 😊

Thanks it really means a lot
Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
awesome start 👏
life has tought so much to ruhi at a very young age. She is more mature and sensible than adi and that is why ifeel sad for him. This wouldn;t have happened if shagun had pay more attention on adi in his childhood. 
sharavan is a great friend. 
update soon
Edited by Javeria3991 - 9 years ago
Anju.s thumbnail

This update will take a huge turn in the story, it might not be as good as you expected. All types of criticism is welcome.

Part 4

After an hour, they both left the school ground, walking their own different paths. Adi left knowing his sister was paying no heed to the discussions they were having. She left knowing that he was not paying attention to the happy times they had; and how to bring them back, instead he was talking about how they will adjust after the changes which would obviously occur after this phase of their lives. He never tried to bring up the spirits in himself nor in her, it was just like an meeting to mourn on the sad lives they were living. Because as much as she was a realist she was also a pretend optimist, no matter how big a catastrophe would occur she would always try to bring a smile on everyone's faces even though deep inside she would be crying rivers; she would rather pretend to be cheery than let anyone know she would want to just lock herself in her room and weep. Everyone has a soft spot, but she, she built walls made of diamond around it, so strong that not even diamond itself could cut through it. But now, she started doubting herself, and slowly her enclosed soft spot was revealing itself which was buried down to the core. Feelings of pity were surrounding her, she started feeling an unexplainable sympathy for him.

Of course she felt bad for her blinded brother when he didn't realize his hands were tied, but now it was different, it was the feeling to sort everything out. But still she wouldn't give herself up for anyone and her biological mother was the last person she would want to live with under the same roof. She submerged those feelings after some time and proceeded to live her boring life.

A day before the first trial

Everyone was shaking Raman out of his thoughts when he froze and stood still after hearing a few phrases from the voice in the phone, his hands were shivering of the words he was hearing from the tensed up voice. Everyone was shocked to hear what happened from the woman on the phone, considering there was pin-drop silence. He rushed to the hospital where his son was admitted; he didn't take a second glance at his family members and rushed down the staircase of the building. They could hear his car zoom out of the society gate, it was half past two early in the morning, and Ruhi woke up wondering what would have happened. Her grandfather tried to persuade her telling her that nothing was wrong and everyone was just having a good time chatting. But she wasn't so trusting that she would believe at first sight, she looked around and noticed the worried faces which they were trying to hide. She asked them what was it that was so secret that could not be shared with her. Her mother surrendered to her and told her the entire story. She had no expressions on her face, almost as she didn't even care, but then just as they were to register her reactions, she did something completely different from what they were looking at seconds ago, she broke down but from the inside, she showed a sudden expression of panic and pleaded to her mother to take her to the hospital, her mother refused at first to go out at such an hour, but she was adamant, she refused to move.

Her mother sighed and reached out to grab her car keys; both of them ran down the stairs and jumped inside the car. She felt like their destination was a mile away, she was never this impatient reacting towards anything. Her leg was shaking, her hand was kept on the handle of the car door waiting for the car to stop so all her doubts would be cleared. Just a feeling of company would fill her heart, whether her brother is unconscious or not.

She slapped her hand on the door of the room he was in, straining her eyes to see the world ahead of all the never-ending tears flowing down her face. She knew it was something serious, it wasn't just a plain old fever, it had to have been more than that. She waited outside the room lying on the seats kept ahead, she laid her head on her mother's lap while her mother was caressed her hair.

Finally, he became conscious, her father rushed into the room while she and her mother followed. He looked weak, as if he hadn't eaten for the last few days, they asked the doctor what happened, he said that it was due to an overdose of sleeping pills taken. The first thing that came into everyone's mind was suicide, "Why would he want to commit suicide?" Ruhi asked.

"He didn't" a voice echoed from behind her, Shagun said that "Due to his upcoming finals he was stressed and couldn't fall asleep, so he took some sleeping pills, but I think he didn't know what should've been the right dosage."

"But how could he not have enough common sense that taking about half as much as the bottle was dangerous!" Raman said in an angered tone.

"He just didn't know, okay." She said as she walked out of the room indicating she was done with discussing about this.

They waited for a few minutes until he started twitching his eyes, everyone stood up expecting answers, but he gave the same excuse. After some time even they rested with their suspicions and agreed to the reason he was giving.

The trial was the next day, they were not in a good state to be strong enough to fight a case against one who is sick. The next day when they reached the court Ruhi  asked for a delay in the hearing, the delay was granted looking into the state they were in and the next hearing was next week.

She felt as if she was torturing herself, living like this for an entire week knowing what would happen was already bad enough and now the time span just increased, "How much more time will this take to end?" she asked herself.

Going through that rough week was finally over and the real game was about to start, everything went smoothly, for about two seconds, the judge didn't even look at the file given but she made her verdict.

"Ruhi came to meet me yesterday; she said that she didn't want to live with her father anymore as she felt she wasn't as comfortable with her father and her relatives as she would be with her biological mother, Shagun. So her statement was given in the court premises so it is official and this is the Ruhi custody case and the verdict is made according to the child's wish. Even though she has given her statement the court will want to look into the case more because it has been her father who has raised her for the last twelve years, we would like to make sure that there is no pressure put on the child in giving this statement."

In hearing those words, every one of her family members looked towards her in shock ad confusion. "She would have never given that statement in her own will; she would have never taken such a big step without acknowledging anybody." Her mother thought.

As she was in her thoughts the judge made her verdict giving Ruhi's custody to Shagun.

"Why Ruhi?" her mother thought while she looked at her daughter move out of the court room.

Edited by yhmmylife - 9 years ago
shravani_2311 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
sad update...waitng fr nxt...
i hop ruhi did this bcoz of adi...

ankita_sidana thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
caught up with all the pending parts...srry 4 the late rply and thnks for the pm

i just loved this story...such an intense bro sis relationship...really a completely different outstanding concept...

pls pls update sooner...waiting to read more
Anju.s thumbnail

Originally posted by: ankitasidana

caught up with all the pending parts...srry 4 the late rply and thnks for the pm

i just loved this story...such an intense bro sis relationship...really a completely different outstanding concept...

pls pls update sooner...waiting to read more

Thanks a ton, I really appreciate it when someone likes my writing, but i get overwhelmed when they like the story, it feels as if all those times of thinking deep into the interiors of the story has finally paid off. i may not be able to update for some time but as soon as i come back from vacations there's gonna be loads of updates
Thanks a lot for all ur support
ankita_sidana thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: yhmmylife

Thanks a ton, I really appreciate it when someone likes my writing, but i get overwhelmed when they like the story, it feels as if all those times of thinking deep into the interiors of the story has finally paid off. i may not be able to update for some time but as soon as i come back from vacations there's gonna be loads of updates

</div><div>
Thanks a lot for all ur support

u welxx dear..update wenever u get time
will wait for it
Anju.s thumbnail
Part 5

They reached their home so she could pack up all her stuff, she walked slowly, her eyes facing the ground, and her shoulders slumped. It was noticeable that she was avoiding eye contact with her family. Her father was not the one who could handle all this secrecy, he walked towards her stomping his feet, she knew what he would say, she sighed in surrender and continued to bow her head in embarrassment. Unable to bear anymore of the insults she already faced from her family she let her father continue. It started to piss him off, he knew this was not her; the real Ruhi would talk back, fight for herself, scream, shout, do anything but accept that she was wrong. But here she took in his insults. Looking at this he shot back at her with twice as more force. "Tell me Ruhi!"

"Whatever I did was for my sake, whatever I said to the judge was true. I think that is enough for the answer of why I did that."

"No Ruhi! I know you didn't do that yourself, tell me who's blackmailing you?" Ishita said.

"No one is blackmailing me! Do you really think I would do such a thing without telling anyone? I seriously don't enjoy my life, and I'm trying to listen to myself and do what is right for me."

"You very well know what is right for you. That means all that drama that happened in your room two weeks ago was just an act; you really did get influenced by Adi didn't you."

"No, it was not because of him. I thought of it for a long time and came to the conclusion that I'll be happier with my brother than over there."

"Lies!  There're all lies! You don't know what you're getting yourself into Ru, just tell me who is forcing you."

"No one! How many times do I have to tell you that whatever was done was done by me. I feel you people should just accept the fact that Shagun is a better mom for me."

That was it, her father couldn't take it anymore and raised his hand to bring her back to her senses. Everyone was shocked hearing the loud noise, yes she was wrong but he would have never gone to that extent to make her understand her mistake. He would never use the path of violence to raise his children.

"Never will you ever take that woman's name in my house, and you'll stay here and here only!"

"I can't Sha...my mother is coming to pick me up in two hours,  I have to pack up all my stuff, you can't stop me, it's the court's order."

"Fine, go, see how good a mother she is. But just remember, if you ever come back in seek of shelter the front door will be locked."

"Raman what are you saying, she's just..."

"What else should I be saying! She is sensible enough to know that that woman is not a good mother; still she took the wrong step. Now I can't do anything."

Ruhi left the living room to pack up her stuff. She was not accompanied by anybody, everyone left her in her sorrows of having to leave her entire world behind and start a new one. But now she showed an emotion of relief, relief that this shenanigans was finally over and she was once again to reunite with her brother.

The car stopped in front of the society, she got into the car while her parents got a last glance at her. Her mother had a lone tear trace it's path down her face while she looked at the silhouette of her daughter step into the vehicle, leaving her forever. She burst into tears as she bid farewell to her only reason to live.

After her departure, there was emptiness in the house, although the appearance in the house was not different, it was the barrenness of their home. Every day at three o' clock she and her cousin would create a mess of the house just by their arrival, school ended for the day but it felt like they were given freedom forever. And because they were given their due, they set out to steal others'. Now, with she gone, she left everybody  in bereavement, there was no one who was most depressed or least depressed, it was a feeling that could not be measured, that was an insult to those who actually cared but were given a label 'least concerned'.

She was a person who had to blurt out her feelings to someone; the only one who came into their mind who she would've agreed to share her feelings with was none other than Shravan, her cousin. There could be no other person who she would've talked to. Both of them were complete couch potatoes, both of them stayed in the house only which is why she couldn't have had such a close bonding with anyone in the society, school friends were out of the picture none of them even knew that her parents were divorced, talking about the custody case was out of the question. Due to this, his family members started to pester him, thinking that he was the only one who knew the reason. And yet he did, he lied obviously, but his family would not give up on such casual answers, there was definitely something that he knew, but he would never give up a promise no matter how much his parents tortured him, she was his sister and his best friend he wouldn't open his mouth even if they went to the extent of taking away the little things that brought him happiness.

She looked into the tiny living room, it felt so homey. She never felt so comfortable at someone else's house. She tried to put aside the thoughts of what happened in her old home. Her mother showed a sense of respect towards her and greeted her with delight. She looked at her with confusion at first and then gave into her small but kind gestures, but deep inside her gut was telling her to stay away from this woman. They didn't treat her like a guest, they treated her like family. She soon adjusted herself to the new surroundings and functioned as her normal self.

A week went by and her family members were twice as more flummoxed as they were before. Her father would often spot her entering the school gate with an actual smile. After school, he would go to meet her but would step back when he would see her brother come to pick her up, her face would brighten up from the weary one she had on seconds ago.

One day, he just lost his temper and made a decision to confront her and get this sorted out once and for all, if she didn't agree he would drag her to their house and force her to blurt it out. She was astonished to see him in her house, yes he was desperate to know the answer but he would never do the one thing which he pledged to never do. He was very loyal to his decisions. She on the other hand was in no mood to deal with what her father had planned. Of course she feared her father's anger but at the same time she also cared for him, she didn't want him to strain himself in asking multiple questions whose answers he would never get. She tried to communicate with peace and soon after it turned into a scream fest, her mother tried to calm both of them down but neither of them would do as they were said to. At last her mother, Shagun cut into her ex's insults towards her daughter and ordered him to leave, but obviously he was adamant and refused to do so. This went on for the next half hour and finally she asked him to leave with the condition that he could meet her every Saturday. Raman was given the visitation rights and did also look forward to meeting her but it was Ruhi who refused to meet him, but now she had no choice.

He left the house with a feeling of relief, relief that he even after going through all this was able to keep contact with his daughter. Even though he did not come out with the answers to his questions, he felt happy that she didn't straight up hate him. But, at the bottom of his thoughts he had this feeling that she agreed to meet him only because the court said so, or only because he wanted to meet her, not in her own will. He felt neglected, by his daughter, he too needed her presence she could not only think of herself. 

Edited by yhmmylife - 9 years ago
YhmCraze thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Your Daughter is a Master Piece..
Loved this .
Tell her to keep writing more..
shravani_2311 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
very intsrtng...
stubrness in their fathr nd daughtr duo...
wen thy vl stop playing hide nd seek...
cant raru lik dis...
i hop raman e4k tapppad mar deta...
i really feel bad fr ishu...
sharvan polaying gr8 role by being frd nd best frd...