Users

Frequent Posters

Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: roshnipillai

brilliant!

the chapters are amazing.
Actually I just started reading your chapters,just finished three chapters,and I loved them. :)

Thank you. Three chapters! That was just the beginning and I think I was pretty lame in explaining few things, not than now I'm not but that time it was something else. xD
fan.matsh thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Brilliant chp EH! Fortunately no Amba to keep Ish away! Waiting for the nxt update! 
Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail

Originally posted by: fan.matsh

Brilliant chp EH! Fortunately no Amba to keep Ish away! Waiting for the nxt update!

Hey, thanks. :) Oh, Amba! Everyone's worried about her. XD Don't worry she won't be annoying here. I assure you of that.
Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail

Chapter 20

"Puneet, what is this?" Ishani asked Puneet when she saw him taking the last remaining file from Ranveer's cabin to somewhere else, and the entire room was empty except the usual things in it.

"Ma'am, sir wants all these files in his cabin right now. He seems quite angry, so I cannot delay. I'm sorry but I'll talk to you later," Puneet said, arranging all the disordered pages and putting them into a file.

"Hold on!" Ishani insisted, "He was supposed to be taking rest by now, right? What's he doing here? And where are you talking everything from here?"

"Wait, wait, ma'am! Don't take it in hurry. You know him; he didn't agree to stay back at home a single second he realized he could walk. His parents tried to convince him and take his own care first but he wouldn't listen to anyone."

"But where are you taking all these files? Why has his cabin been evacuated like this?" Ishani asked and somewhere she knew the answer but wanted to know it nonetheless.

"Well, he says he doesn't want to be here in this cabin anymore," Puneet replied pointing towards Ranveer's cabin, "and says he'd find it quite harder to focus on his work from here so until he gets well he'd not be coming here."

Ishani's heart gave a dull cry and she wanted to ask Puneet few more questions but he, giving Ishani an apologetic nod, went away. There was not much changed in the room in front of her: the tables, the desk, the cupboards and the windows as well as the sight beyond them was same as ever yet she could not help but feel a drastic change, an emptiness in her life. She had never felt so lonely before and today this sudden turn of events gave her something else to feel altogether. Ishani often tried to ignore and make a new start of the day, trying to convince herself the reason Ranveer had changed his cabin was what Puneet had stated but something kept ringing in her head making her feel uncomfortable and telling her otherwise.

"Are you feeling fine here, sir?" Rishi asked Ranveer.

"Much better," Ranveer said with a weary smile. "I think I'll have a good time here."

Rishi nodded. After few minutes Puneet entered and Ranveer's look changed.

"You're late," Ranveer said in an angered voice. "5 minutes."

Puneet lowered his head and looked at him apologetically. He could not understand this sudden change in his boss and felt worried. Puneet sometimes tried to ask the cause but Ranveer would knowingly change the subject and Puneet could still not dare to say anything.

"I'm sorry, sir. The papers were shuffled that's why it took time to get back here." Puneet thought it would be better not to mention his meeting with Ishani, for he could sense something had happened between them. Ishani's worries towards Ranveer and Ranveer's ignorance towards Ishani made him feel this way, though he believed he had no other evidence except this to think anything like this. After few second Rishi received a call and he left, and soon after Puneet followed him. Now there was only Ranveer in the room. Finding himself alone for sometime Ranveer walked towards the window to have the look on the free world, the place he always loved in his old cabin. He could feel an affection there in the air but this place was only surrounded by the walls of bricks and a feeling of suffocation giving him a feeling of his own artificial existence, and beyond it were only the large buildings blocking anything coming their way. He would have loved to be there in his older cabin but Ishani did not want to see his face, so he thought, as long as her work does not get done he would operate everything from here.

Ranveer's thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock on the door; he nodded without looking in the direction of the newcomer and silently wiping away the tears from his misty eyes. Puneet entered the cabin to let Ranveer know of the new developments in their new project as well as the financial crisis the fellow group had suffered due to sudden change in marketing policies. After listening to everything Ranveer agreed to help them through and provide all kind of support to get them out of the loss. Through his conversation with Puneet, Ranveer noticed Puneet looked slightly disturbed.

"Puneet, anything wrong with you? Why are you looking so tired?" Ranveer asked.

Puneet hesitated. "It's something personal, sir," he said.

"Personal? Puneet, since when your personal' became the things you had to hide from me?"

"Nothing. It's nothing serious, sir."

"Nothing serious, but serious enough to disturb you, right?" Ranveer replied.

Puneet knew he could not escape and finally the time had come he had to disclose about himself and Sally, and their future plans. Though how would Ranveer react to all this was a mystery to Puneet, but he drew a deep breath and let himself go with the flow.

"Sir, it's about a girl, Sally," Puneet said nervously, his eyes closed. "We're in... love. And we want to marry sometime next year...uh...in the beginning of it, actually."

When no response came from Ranveer after next few moments Puneet dared to open his eyes and saw Ranveer stood still, no trace of emotion on his face. "Sir?" Puneet said, and Ranveer stirred.

"Oh, fine. So you're in love! That's great," Ranveer said with a sigh. "You didn't want me to know this?"

"It's not like that. I'd need a couple of days or may be weeks off and I was afraid if you wouldn't allow me this since you never take marriage and love things too seriously, as I've seen you, so I was worried...that maybe you'd like me to continue with the work and not think about the stupid things like marriage and love..." Puneet said, not knowing if anything from his words made any sense to his boss or not. He could see Ranveer's face had turned pale, almost like he was few hours ago after he had got back from the hospital.

"You need few days off?"

"Yes, but it's not now. There are few days still in the waiting, and she wants to marry somewhere else, not in London."

"You were scared. Puneet, I can't let my employees remain bachelor just because I think otherwise. Man, you're just...too much. You scared me," Ranveer feigned a laugh.

Puneet looked at his boss in surprise for a while, thinking how hard, he was thinking for last few days, it would be like to talk to Ranveer but it was easier than buying a simple grocery in a shop, and nothing else. Ranveer patted Puneet's shoulder with a smile, almost a blessing like, but his eyes still showcased emptiness. The emptiness Puneet himself always feared to think about whenever he looked at Ranveer, but knew Ranveer had always dealt with it bravely. Puneet smiled at Ranveer while Ranveer looked at him with the same smile on his face.

Puneet left after few minutes and Ranveer was alone in his cabin. He tried to focus on working, forget the things happened in the past few days but it felt harder than ever. Everything happened to him appeared to be consuming him like a drop of water getting lost in a lake. He still felt, and perhaps more clearly now, Ishani's arms curled around his neck when they had danced, her eyes emanating no hatred but a pleasant glint he had never seen before, her slow breathing as she came closer to him and her heartbeats that ran faster at his touch. He felt it and there was no denial. But then he remembered her accusations. She still believed he separated her from Chirag for himself; she still believed he had tried to...to... molest her sister. The feelings pierced his heart like a hammer hitting a stone. Ranveer took a photograph of Ishani that he kept in his wallet: she smiled at him; her eyes squinted in a mischievous manner and one of her hands on her hips and another in the air pointing it towards him. A drop of tear involuntarily fell on the photograph making it wet in a corner. Ranveer hastily wiped the photograph as well as the tears in his eyes.

He still wished things to go normal once again, like happening magically in the fairy-tales Ishani used to tell him when she had no one to talk about them as children. He knew his story could never be like one of those fairy-tales, with happy endings, prince getting his princess and then living a happily ever after. Ishani's prince was going to be someone else, he always thought to himself, even the thought pained him immensely he did not run away from the truth. But her prince was not her hero; he was the antagonist she always hated in her stories, but in reality she refused to acknowledge anything.

"Why's it so hard," he said to himself painfully, "to be the ones we ever were?" Ranveer still did not dream of her being with him how his heart always wanted but he could feel it hoping somehow...a fool's hope, that he thought it was. He was left behind, in the dust, while she had moved on; but Ranveer wished she had someone who could really be with were not someone like Chirag. He often wondered whether he hated Chirag because he was jealous of him, "may be," Ranveer thought to himself, but he never would cloud her happiness for his own happiness.

The uneasiness increased that he felt, almost everything happening before his eyes and causing his heart aching with the same ease it beat. The only feeling he experienced was pain, the pain he was used to and still it was able to hurt him like no end.

"No," he said to himself. "I will never let it happen. She doesn't love me, for God's sake! Why should I spend my life in self-pity and crying? I can leave her to herself once she decided to move away. She's strong...strong enough to go through everything she might face in future. And may be sometime she'd realize Chirag isn't the right person for her and save herself!"

The hopes were the part of his life ever since Ranveer had set his foot in the outside world and they never disappointed him.

Ishani returned from her own office in the late evening after she was to attend a meeting. She saw Puneet talking to someone on the phone, his face exhibiting a new happiness and his voice slightly louder than usual that Ishani could hear, but she went to finish her own work. After some time she saw Puneet coming towards her and as he came he shook her hand.

"Thank you, Ms. Parekh!" he exclaimed.

Ishani looked at him confused. "What happened, Puneet?"

"Oh, I just talked to RV sir. I never thought it would be so easy to talk to him. What I thought of him was wrong," Puneet said merrily.

Ishani smiled. "He's a good man, I told you," she said.

"I know that and I was feeling sorry too for thinking like that, you know," Puneet said.

"No need of that. I bet your boss won't mind too even if you let him know that." Puneet chuckled while Ishani stared towards Ranveer's cabin, a painful feeling hitting her inside her heart.

"Where is he anyway?" she asked, trying to keep her tone normal.

"He's been out for some time. Maybe a meeting, though he didn't tell us, neither me nor Rishi or anyone."

Ishani smiled and left. She still could not believe she had not met Ranveer in 2 days. Her previous hiatus might have provided her a comfort, or so she thought, but these two days had been the worst. She wanted to atleast see him for once, and ask how was he. But everytime she asked if he was here they said they hadn't seen Ranveer.

It was night when Ishani eventually packed up and prepared to leave, she passed through the cabin door of the room belonging to Ranveer now. Ishani came forward, took a deep breath and exhaled, made an attempt to knock it, but felt the courage leaving her heart and she turned back. She did not know whether Ranveer was there or not, but she hoped he was... Few minutes had passed when Ishani heard the sound of the door opening and Ranveer waddling through it.

"Ranveer," she said. He looked back, the same pain springing through his eyes she had seen him 2 days back, "how are you?"

"Alive."

Ishani did not understand how to talk to him when he supposedly was not the one interested in.

"I heard you were ill...so thought of asking if you're fine."

"I'm not dead and that's more than fine for me," he said. She could hear a forced rudeness in his voice. He always said things like this: saying but letting others interpret them for themselves and Ishani had learned to interpret them as well. Ranveer prepared to leave and as he moved he might have fallen down when Ishani caught him by his shoulder and made him stand properly.

"Are you..." she whispered while he only nodded his head.

"I can go myself."

"You're drunk?" Ishani asked, not caring what he said or thought of her anymore. "You just got out of hospital and you began your drinking session again?"

Ranveer glared at her, his eyes flaring. "Doesn't matter."

"Oh, really?"

"I'm fine and can go home, you don't have to worry about me. You better leave as well," he said.

"Fine. First call your driver and then I'll be leaving."

"He's on leave."

"Have you lost your brain?" Ishani asked, "You were drunk and..."

"Don't act like a traffic rule book," Ranveer interrupted, "I know it's not right but I don't care."

"You obviously do. You can't walk on your feet and are going to drive," she said annoyed with his unsatisfying answers.

"Look, Ishani, I wanted to be alone and it's midnight now, I couldn't keep people hanging because of me," Ranveer said. "Now, I can go home on my own." And Ranveer walked away only to lose his balance once again and topple on the floor as he caught hold of the wall. Ishani ran towards him.

"You can't drive, Ranveer, don't be stubborn. Please," she said sadly. Ranveer did not look at her but tried to free himself unsuccessfully.

"I'll drop you home," she said ultimately.

Duh! Done this one too and now waiting for your verdict, guys! :)

fan.matsh thumbnail
Hey EH! I don't want this MU hanging in their relationship! The earlier r'ship though very raw was better. They were atleast cordial and had started to understand and see each othr as friends. When will ish understand Ranveer! Pls don't drag this till eternity... Get them back to either their prev setting or something bettr than this pls! Ranveer is hurting already! And Ish hasn't made any attempt to understand why so? Either she shud move away from Ranveer if she believes her mom or she shud get the air cleared btn them! Dangling in btn is no good...

Sorry being ultra critical here...Just my views... Waiting for the next update.
Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail

Hey EH! I don't want this MU hanging in their relationship! The earlier r'ship though very raw was better. They were atleast cordial and had started to understand and see each othr as friends. When will ish understand Ranveer! Pls don't drag this till eternity... Get them back to either their prev setting or something bettr than this pls! Ranveer is hurting already! And Ish hasn't made any attempt to understand why so? Either she shud move away from Ranveer if she believes her mom or she shud get the air cleared btn them! Dangling in btn is no good...

Hey! You look really pissed with Ishani, aren't you? Don't worry! This misunderstanding isn't going to last long but it will be there for a while but I don't want them to suffer for this, rather this thing is to make Ishani realize that the people who love us should be accepted the way they are. Ishani let go of Ranveer whenever needed in the pre-leap episodes, so it's just a realization from her side. Also she doesn't trust her mom's words. She never did. The present events are going to affect them better in future. Don't worry. :)
fan.matsh thumbnail

Originally posted by: Elvish_Hobbit

Hey! You look really pissed with Ishani, aren't you? Don't worry! This misunderstanding isn't going to last long but it will be there for a while but I don't want them to suffer for this, rather this thing is to make Ishani realize that the people who love us should be accepted the way they are. Ishani let go of Ranveer whenever needed in the pre-leap episodes, so it's just a realization from her side. Also she doesn't trust her mom's words. She never did. The present events are going to affect them better in future. Don't worry. :)[/QUOTE]

Thnx for instilling courage in me!🀣

Yes I am pissed off with the characterisation of Ish! But I am sure u will not picture Ishani in the same light as in the serial... I was really impressed at how she was pictured in the beginning of ur FF. So I want her in similar light. Ambitious, capable of thinking and making her own decisions! Not like the brainless Ish that we have in the serial! The way you made her remember her moms words, I thot she is being arm twisted n brain washed as in the serial and hence got irritated!

Now I am happy and waiting for the next updateπŸ˜›
_priyaa_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

So finished reading the last two chapters in one go & it was a superb experience as always...Wonderful writing dear...I loved how Ishani finally shared all her worries & confusions & most specifically how much she had missed her best friend to Ranveer,her only best friend though he was unconscious... Now I too got to know about Ishani's exact state of mind that I asked u earlier...Hmm...& it can't be denied that u get to know the real importance of a person in ur lyf when he goes away from u ...& when you love a person from your heart , even the loads of serious accusations on him can't wipe out your love for him fully..It's obvious that you will still feel for him...& Ishani was somewhat in that kind of situation..But glad that she listened to her heart ...& even Kailash uncle overheard her...thankfully he supported her &  understood her..so nice of him...& I'm really thankful to u for utilizing his character so nicely & he really plays an important role in this story & of course he is Ranveer's daddy...

& what can I say about Ranveer...You have so amazingly presented his character...just loved it dear... I really sympathize on our show's Ranveer now,what the cvs have turned into him over the time...But I still love him no matter what... anyways...

...& I loved the last scene too...it reminded me of those old ishveer moments & u know which one...πŸ˜†πŸ˜³πŸ˜³

It was very touchy dear & now I know its secret too..ha ha πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³πŸ˜³...Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this wonderful story..It gives me immense satisfaction & a beautiful feeling...& i trust u fully that u will solve those misunderstandings soon enuf...This just made my day...😳

Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail

Thnx for instilling courage in me!🀣

Yes I am pissed off with the characterisation of Ish! But I am sure u will not picture Ishani in the same light as in the serial... I was really impressed at how she was pictured in the beginning of ur FF. So I want her in similar light. Ambitious, capable of thinking and making her own decisions! Not like the brainless Ish that we have in the serial! The way you made her remember her moms words, I thot she is being arm twisted n brain washed as in the serial and hence got irritated!

Now I am happy and waiting for the next updateπŸ˜›

You are most welcome, fan.matsh. I'd say again DON'T WORRY because Ishani hasn't changed a bit. You'd see it in the next chapter. Show Ishani and my Ishani are two poles apart even now. XD
Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail

Originally posted by: _priyaa_

So finished reading the last two chapters in one go & it was a superb experience as always...Wonderful writing dear...I loved how Ishani finally shared all her worries & confusions & most specifically how much she had missed her best friend to Ranveer,her only best friend though he was unconscious... Now I too got to know about Ishani's exact state of mind that I asked u earlier...Hmm...& it can't be denied that u get to know the real importance of a person in ur lyf when he goes away from u ...& when you love a person from your heart , even the loads of serious accusations on him can't wipe out your love for him fully..It's obvious that you will still feel for him...& Ishani was somewhat in that kind of situation..But glad that she listened to her heart ...& even Kailash uncle overheard her...thankfully he supported her & understood her..so nice of him...& I'm really thankful to u for utilizing his character so nicely & he really plays an important role in this story & of course he is Ranveer's daddy...

& what can I say about Ranveer...You have so amazingly presented his character...just loved it dear... I really sympathize on our show's Ranveer now,what the cvs have turned into him over the time...But I still love him no matter what... anyways...

...& I loved the last scene too...it reminded me of those old ishveer moments & u know which one...πŸ˜†πŸ˜³πŸ˜³

It was very touchy dear & now I know its secret too..ha ha πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³πŸ˜³...Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this wonderful story..It gives me immense satisfaction & a beautiful feeling...& i trust u fully that u will solve those misunderstandings soon enuf...This just made my day...😳

Aw, Priya! Thanks. :) Actually I loved Kailash's characterization initially, during the leap episodes. It was nice but now--uh--leave it! Hey, what secret are you talking about? :o Let me know as well. And I do remember that scene. I still drool over Ranveer in that scene and hope that I'll get to see that episode since my tv might get back. XD Thanks, sweetie.